6 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 9:10:49 AM(UTC)
I have got the exact same issue which I have failed in synchronizing the game and it gives me a completely brand new game with zero progress.
I have submitted a ticket and today is the fourth day that I am not getting any reply.
I know I have to wait for support and I am patient, but 4 days without any reply is it a bit too much?
I feel like Forza doesn't concern my feeling at all.
Of all the effort put in a game and all of a sudden reset to zero progress. Does Forza know how anxious I am now?
Not to mention there is a lot of players with same issue here, if Forza thinks they are too busy handling us, they can simply hotfix it by adding a warning message about 'You are going to wipe out your entire progress. Continue?'. But they didn't, they let it continue to happen, and they ignore us here.
You should be ashamed of making great games but having poor customer services, at least for me it is a customer service without empathy at all, just stay in line until god knows when!
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 4:59:51 PM(UTC)
They cannot restore anything, but only give you compensation.
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 9:38:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FTRxchispy Go to Quoted Post
I have just received the same canned message that GodAcala received. here is copy/paste from the email -

Feb 5, 4:11 PM PST

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are unable to restore any lost progress. I have gone ahead and sent some gifts. Once you unlock online mode, you can retrieve these by going to Horizon Life> Message Center> Gifts. Please keep in mind that this is a one-time convenience.

You got to be kidding me , microsoft and turn10 cannot manage a cloud ! I will not play this game again and i am uninstalling as i speak since i lost completely everything i worked so hard since the release of this game in 2018. Turn10 and microsoft game studios will never see a dollar from me. Not worth it to start from zero , 0 , nada again.

Turn10 you can keep the gifts i will not be playing this game ever again and for your information Turn10 , IT WAS NOT FAULT so this statement made on the email sent by you guys really made me very angry "

"""" Please keep in mind that this is a one-time convenience. """""

FTRxChispy signing out !

I'm out too , never again Turn10 , never ...

You never cancel a sync, I thought that was common knowledge.

How long does it take to uninstall? Just curious why you seem to be "exploring Britain"

always the same song of people who think they know, he waited 3 hours. Most of people who faced it knew about this requirement and waited as long as they could. it's just like updating your phone, when updating rom is stuck at 1% for 3 days ... you sure can continue to wait and you will always find some to tell you that you should have waited more but no point here

Don't consider yourself more clever because you know and you won't cancel, you don't need to cancel for loosing your profile, just a simple disconnection from servers while a simple daily sync and your profile is gone, that's it, period.

2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 9:50:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LouisaMartinIsa Go to Quoted Post
I have got the exact same issue which I have failed in synchronizing the game and it gives me a completely brand new game with zero progress.
I have submitted a ticket and today is the fourth day that I am not getting any reply.
I know I have to wait for support and I am patient, but 4 days without any reply is it a bit too much?
I feel like Forza doesn't concern my feeling at all.
Of all the effort put in a game and all of a sudden reset to zero progress. Does Forza know how anxious I am now?
Not to mention there is a lot of players with same issue here, if Forza thinks they are too busy handling us, they can simply hotfix it by adding a warning message about 'You are going to wipe out your entire progress. Continue?'. But they didn't, they let it continue to happen, and they ignore us here.
You should be ashamed of making great games but having poor customer services, at least for me it is a customer service without empathy at all, just stay in line until god knows when!

you read the post so that you know what is upcoming, few damned wheel spins that, for a start from 0 profile will give you what, 60% of clothes and horns and stuff...

You are right, they could have prevented this just by making a copy before the sync start so that if it fails, the backup just replaces the corrupted version. that is as simple as that, it's a few Mb of temporary space just used during the sync and they did not do.

The top of it is the insult like message that tells you like you did bad and in their very kindness they offer you some damned wheelspins for all the progress you have lost ...

All that to say, I understand and know what can occur everytime I start the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 7:31:06 AM(UTC)
And another one with the same issue.

I had this on PC, where I was a forced sync without any obvious reason.
(Took ages by the way, what the hell is going on there?)

Lost anything since Dec 2018
Around 720 cars, nearly almost each except for some PO cars,
> 10000 Forazthon points, 580 mill credits
all the fun I had during this time.

I did not miss a single week since I started.
Now all is gone.

I have also a local backup from before the stupid sync, it was but there is not option to upload it.

As there are so many affected during the last couple of days, doesn't that sound as if they changed something on their side?
Looks to me like too much coincidence...

So what do we learn from it?
Clouds are risky if not implemented properly? Let me guess, is it Azure in this case?

#31 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 9:29:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PapaLooser1 Go to Quoted Post

Now all is gone.

I have also a local backup from before the stupid sync, it was but there is not option to upload it.

As there are so many affected during the last couple of days, doesn't that sound as if they changed something on their side?

Clouds are risky if not implemented properly? Let me guess, is it Azure in this case?

Did you try copying your local backup into the original location and then loading the game to see if it uses the old save? As someone who is keeping a local backup on PC myself I'm curious if that would work. Can you play offline, use the old save, save it, then upload it later when you go online again?
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 10:12:11 AM(UTC)
Uh oh... I just started the game and got the message 'an unknown error occurred, please try again later'. Then I tried again and it's doing a sync with the ironic message 'we should be done soon'.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 10:50:29 AM(UTC)
The progress bar filled up but it hasn't worked, I now have this:

So what should I do now?

edit - after reading above that retrying it can result in a wiped save, I chose play offline and my save still works, for now. Who knows what will happen when I next start the game?

edit 2 - well I have restarted the game because there isn't much you can do offline after all. It is now syncing again. I wonder if it will work this time?

Edited by user Friday, February 7, 2020 11:06:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 11:08:42 AM(UTC)
The second try and syncing appears to have worked, game has started online and my save appears fine.

With nearly 2,000 hours played, this is a relief.

But Phil Spencer should fix this. He was bragging recently about how good the cloud is.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 11:12:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Did you try copying your local backup into the original location and then loading the game to see if it uses the old save? As someone who is keeping a local backup on PC myself I'm curious if that would work. Can you play offline, use the old save, save it, then upload it later when you go online again?

[/quote]

Yes, I did.
It then started to sync without any progress.
I killed it then after an hour, still at 0%, via Task Manager, as there are no other options.

Now FH4 starts and hangs right at the loading screen, after you pressed a button for the first time.
#36 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 7:55:47 AM(UTC)

Now all is gone.

How would I go about doing that? i lost my sync also and would like to restore it
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 7:10:31 AM(UTC)
It just happened again for me, said it couldn't load due to 'unknown error' and now it is syncing again (or trying to), currently stuck at 0%. I hope it works again like the other day.

edit - after half an hour it got to 100% and then said unable to sync, same as the other day.

Starting offline, then quitting and restarting, causes another sync which completes in 20 seconds and it works. But it shouldn't be misbehaving like this.

Originally Posted by: Biszy1 Go to Quoted Post

Now all is gone.

How would I go about doing that? i lost my sync also and would like to restore it

If you have to ask then you probably didn't make a backup, because if you had made one then you would know where you copied the folder from already and would know how and where to copy it back to. I mean, I could give you the exact location but it won't help you if the game has already overwritten it with a fresh save.

Edited by user Monday, February 10, 2020 7:41:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 7:45:23 AM(UTC)
yesterday that happened to me as well. im really sad about losing all that progress and rare cars. no wheelspins and credits will cover the loss of such progress.
these guys are unable to create a proper cloud save. so many games using cloud saves and never happened anything like that.
im unnistaling the game tbh.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:54:38 AM(UTC)
Hi. I need to start by saying that i loved to play the game for the last 2 months paying my subscription of the game pass. I have invited around 8 friends to play wich had loved to play it too , i am ranked around 20 x1 star and have around 25 million credits dollars plus a garage with great cars tuned. A couple of days ago i started the game and the error 47 appeared followed by the error 45. I ve even re installed the windows.
Iam running windows 10 64 bits 8600 k rtx 2080 32gb. Upon restart the game wanted to do the sync again and i let it sync again but this time it was stuck at 0 progress while doing the sync , yesterday i ve stsrtwd offline then it kept at 0 progress. Did all progress until level 20 like ive read in a post by nitro glitter . I'am so hoped that its possible to
recover the lost progress ?
Please help , i do not want to start all over again.
I have already submitted 2 tickets for help at forza support but so far no one has replied from the forza support to my answers or giving me any help or contact me , it says open ticket. I would appreciate any help or guidance on how to sync my saved game data from 8/2/2020 with the cloud. Thank you all. I hope we found a solution not only for me but for all the people who has the same wich sadly are so manny.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 12:04:22 PM(UTC)
I had this similar problem on Friday the 7th around 7pm EST.
Launched the game, saw the XBox sync window pop up. Same message "this may take some time" ...or similar.
The sync window didn't make it past 0% for about 5 minutes so I closed the game window with a right click.
Re-launched the game and everything was fine.
I have seen this XBox sync window maybe twice now, in my 14 months of playing.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:42:23 PM(UTC)
1. You ran the game offline, so your local progress got cleared.
2. Then you turned on the internet connection and cloud save got overwritten.
3. You won't get back your progress. You can count only for some CR back from support.

And the question is - how long have you been waiting for a sync? Because sometimes it can take even 40 minutes to progress above 0.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:53:50 PM(UTC)
To thread starter, see this thread for more info: https://forums.forzamoto...king-problem---help.aspx

Originally Posted by: VengerPort Go to Quoted Post

This is not necessarily true because I had the same problem as the OP recently, as detailed in the above thread, and I ran the game offline and my save was intact. I subsequently quit, restarted and it then successfully synced. I don't know if the OP will be as fortunate, I hope so.

Yes it is true that the sync can take a long long time and may sit on zero for most of that time before even starting to slowly creep up. It's been like this for years, somehow a trillion dollar company can't do better than this, or doesn't care to.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 4:41:31 PM(UTC)
To thread starter, see this thread for more info: https://forums.forzamoto...king-problem---help.aspx

Originally Posted by: VengerPort Go to Quoted Post

This is not necessarily true because I had the same problem as the OP recently, as detailed in the above thread, and I ran the game offline and my save was intact.

Did you progress to level 20 to unlock the Roster? Or just completed the first 4 races in different seasons?
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:11:38 AM(UTC)
When I used the accelerator to synchronize archives at noon today, I accidentally clicked local sync to cause the game progress to be 0. Now when I enter the game, I have to restart the game from 0.、

How can I recover the lost progress? I have been playing FH4 for a long time on the same PC

Please help me, I don't want to start from scratch.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:53:12 AM(UTC)
Extreme speed, Horizon Line 4 game archive is missing, please make up the corresponding compensation
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:19:12 AM(UTC)
And just happened to me AGAIN. There must be something wrong at their end.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:05:30 AM(UTC)
I am seeing more instances of this on the Reddit forums than ever before. At least 3 more reports in the last couple days.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:53:59 AM(UTC)
Same just happend to me
#49 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:10:36 PM(UTC)
I have game on PC that I used to launch when I just need to prepare tune, cleanup garage .... I don't do it at the moment because every launch triggers sync on PC and then next time I go to xbox, sync on Xbox, 2 syncs, 2 risks to loose all progress.... not playing that wheel spin.

Be happy, now you have share codes to download back your own tunes and liveries. Possibly it is the purpose of those new feature. little bottleneck that you cannot modify those but who cares, detail ....

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:55:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FTRxchispy Go to Quoted Post
I have just received the same canned message that GodAcala received. here is copy/paste from the email -

Feb 5, 4:11 PM PST

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are unable to restore any lost progress. I have gone ahead and sent some gifts. Once you unlock online mode, you can retrieve these by going to Horizon Life> Message Center> Gifts. Please keep in mind that this is a one-time convenience.

You got to be kidding me , microsoft and turn10 cannot manage a cloud ! I will not play this game again and i am uninstalling as i speak since i lost completely everything i worked so hard since the release of this game in 2018. Turn10 and microsoft game studios will never see a dollar from me. Not worth it to start from zero , 0 , nada again.

Turn10 you can keep the gifts i will not be playing this game ever again and for your information Turn10 , IT WAS NOT MY FAULT so this statement made on the email sent by you guys really made me very angry "

"""" Please keep in mind that this is a one-time convenience. """""

FTRxChispy signing out !

I'm out too , never again Turn10 , never ...

Hey chrispy, I have some bad news for you. It appears someone has hacked your account and is now playing FH4.
I suggest you contact Microsoft ASAP.
6 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error