2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:10:25 PM(UTC)
Having just done a Winter ranked race and managed to get somewhat wrong whether I actually needed a proper winter tuned car or not, I thought I’d create a thread detailed the road courses which have sufficient snow in winter to make a snow build viable. To be added to as and when I do more:

YES

Elmsdon on Sea Sprint
Horizon Festival Sprint
Derwent Lakeside Sprint
Lake District Sprint
Waterhead Sprint
Astmoor Heritage Circuit
Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit
The Marathon
Lakehurst Rush
Glenfinnan Chase
Highland Chase
Reservoir Run
Mortimer’s Pass

NO

Derwent Reservoir Sprint
Princes Street Garden Circuit
Edinburgh Station Circuit
Edinburgh West End
Horizon Festival Circuit
Ambleside Village Circuit
Broadway Village Circuit
Greendale Club Circuit
The Colossus
Coastal Charge
Broadway Crossfire
Monument Wynds
Batham Gate
Railyard Express
North Coast Rush
Holyrood Run
Holyrood Park Circuit
Meadows Sprint

If anyone has already done this analysis, feel free to let me know!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:40:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:23:55 AM(UTC)
You might want to check Derwent Lakeside Sprint, it's mixed, latter part being snowy and high speed there might be a case there where tuning for winter can make a difference.
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:40:20 PM(UTC)
Derwent Lakeside Sprint is my test track for snow builds, so safe to say that should be in the “yes” category - it’s 100% snow covered.
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:48:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Derwent Lakeside Sprint is my test track for snow builds, so safe to say that should be in the “yes” category - it’s 100% snow covered.

Uups.. don't do Road Racing that much. Mortimer's Pass has lot's of snow but I recall it being like that all the way, it's Street Scene though, must have mixed up the two.

For No category:
Ambleside Circuit
Broadway Village Circuit
Probably the Colossus

Derwent Reservoir Sprint is mostly without snow if my memory serves. Big if though, some big gains can be made in section after hill and left turn, which has snow at least in Street Scene versions with same section (Lakehurst Rush and the Marathon).
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:56:10 PM(UTC)
Good call on the Colossus. I’ve got caught out on that previously assuming it must be snowy!
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:34:10 AM(UTC)
It varies with class, and possibly even with car within that class, but Lakehurst Forest Sprint can certainly be much quicker with a snow build, due to the heavy snow in the 2nd half. It's a shame we don't have rivals for every scenario that can appear in ranked adventure.

Bamburgh circuit is one that springs to mind as not having any less grip in winter.

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2020 4:35:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:45:43 PM(UTC)
Comment by Clamz0r on youtube, thought it might help (https://youtu.be/wnuDrZrlnu8):

Quote:
RS200 is a beast on tracks with lots of snow, but I would imagine that car is even harder to control with keyboard. Honestly, if that's the adventure you're struggling with the most, I would recommend you just skip it (either by waiting for car selection timer to run out without touching anything or ALT+F4 if for some reason game gives you a random car - you will not lose any points as long as you don't load into the first race).

Keep in mind that there are a lot of winter tracks with very little to no snow, so you could also use the cars you normally would for non-winter adventures. For example only 6 tracks out of 40 are pretty much full winter tracks, 11 more tracks with mostly snow on them, 6 tracks with very little snow and and then there are 23 tracks with no snow. So when you get adventures with tracks that have little to no slow, consider selecting a car you're more comfortable with than that Lotus GT1.

All snow: Astmoor Heritage Circuit, Derwent Lakeside Sprint, Glen Rannoch Hillside Sprint, Glenfinnan Chase, The Highland Chase & Mortimer's Pass
Mostly snow: Horizon Festival Sprint, Waterhead Sprint, Lake District Sprint, Elmsdon on Sea Sprint, Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit, Lakehurst Forest Spring, The Marathon, Lakehurst Rush, Resrvoir Run, Otleydale Dash & Wind Farm Rush
Partially snow: Ambleside Sprint, Greendale Super Sprint, Ambleside Ascent, Batham Gate & Rail Yard Express
NO SNOW: The Colossus, Cotswolds Super Sprint, Broadway Village Circuit, Horizon Festival Circuit, Ableside Village Circuit, Bamburgh Coast Circuit, Greendale Club Circuit, Princes Street Gardens Circuit, Holyrood Park Circuit, Edinburgh Station Circuit, Edinburgh City Sprint, Lakehurst Copse Circuit, The Meadows Sprint, Derwent Valley Dash, Broadway Crossfire, Ashbrook Apex, Coastal Charge, North Coast Rush, Holyrood Run, Edinburgh West End, Edinburgh New Town, Edinburgh Stockbridge & The Monument Wynds.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:54:51 PM(UTC)
Cheers - I’ll update the thread. Do you have a link to the YouTube chat? Sounds an interesting read!
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:06:46 PM(UTC)
He was responding to a person named Nishant. There's not too many comments so it shouldn't be hard to find... not sure if there's a way to link to a yt comment. Anyway, there's not much more to convo than that, but check it out! :P
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:18:48 PM(UTC)
Apologies - I missed that the actual link was in the first post! Sorry.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:20:47 PM(UTC)
Ah, no worries! My fault for not making it a clickable link

Notification

Icon
Error