2 Pages12Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:28:48 AM(UTC)
"Whether you're racing solo or driving with a co-pilot, we've got you covered with two sweet new liveries for #ValentinesDay. "
https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/1228416837295067136

#27 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:18:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
The SD1 was not badly designed. Its successes in motorsport can attest to that. But it was still a British Leyland car built in the final years of the state-owned holding. Quality was hilariously bad for a car of that stature.

Not as bad as a Maserati Biturbo, though!

I don't recall all brands that were under British Leyland umbrella at the time, but the word was that their quality weren't that good. **** started to be a bigger thing, but mostly European manufacturers started putting out reliable cars with reasonable driving experience and the whole "it has 5 speed manual box, but shifter is optional extra, on and by the way, so is switch for windshield wipers." started slowly going away. Maserati Biturbo is it's own whole chapter I guess though. LOL

Lot's of ways to play this game. For me cars like this are like story content. And even I wrote about this already in some other topic, now we have Rover V8 (actually what engine options there were for Land Rovers?) Triumph TR 7 -> TR 8 / TR 7 Sprint would be just engine swap. Thing at least used to have cult following.

Don't know... if from British perspective SD1 is sort of bitter sweet thing I suppose I can relate, but then it's huge automotive world. It's opportunity to experience it some way at least, like some Nissan Skylines, which Nissan didn't mod for US spec, there were only 15 or 25 or some ridiculously low number were ever exported to US and most of those via third party AFAIK. So it sort of depends which market one resides which is exotic and interesting and it's not always some super car.

Good playlist reward IMO.
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 4:13:26 PM(UTC)
The Monument Wynds is buggy out atm. with cars fly off the track.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:13:05 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

For those it may help, here are cars/tunes/suggestions for the this weeks events. All tunes are my own, all shared. (tune name / share code)

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post

**Trial: "Top Marques" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Aston Martin vs Chevrolet
**Car used: 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air (Autoshow 130,000 Cr)
**Tune: S900 Road Trial / 142 063 528

Tune is AWD swap, 6.2 V8 swap, supercharged, forza air (needs it), 'stock' rims (unchanged from base model).

**Seasonal Playground Games | Mudkickers' 4x4 | (C600) Cult Cars
**Car used: 1966 Hillman Imp (Car pass, Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: C600 Cult Games / 135 961 028

Tune is, AWD swap, turbo, wide-body, rally tires/suspension, upgraded stock engine.
Cheers,

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "The Monument Wynds" | So Last Decade | (S2 998)
**Car used: 2013 Audi R8 Coupe V10 Plus 5.2 FSI Quattro
**Tune: S2 Max No Swap / 143 682 183

I used this for the Modern Supercar weekly challenge as well. Tune is a maximum (or close enough) S2 P.I. no engine swap build with twin turbo, wide-body, and forza air (trust me it is much worse without it).

**Championship: "It's Never Over With a Rover?" | Corss Country | (A800) Land Rover
**Car used: 1973 Land Rover Range Rover (Barn Find)
**Tune: A Max No Swap / 150 012 160

It seems to me the developers felt players would use the modern Range Rovers in this event, they were certainly the biggest completion when I did the events. Tune is a maximum (or close enough) A class P.I. no engine swap build with supercharger, roof and front bumber accessories.

**Championship: "Muscle Bound" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Classic Muscle

OPTION A;
**Car used: 1977 Holden Torana A9X (Autoshow 130,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Dirt SC / 937 724 812
AWD, supercharged, rally tires/suspension.

OPTION B;
1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback (James Bond, 35,000 Cr)
B700 Rally SC / 145 995 425
RWD, supercharged, rally tires/suspension.

Either of these two are easy drivers, and easy (enough) wins. The AMC is slightly faster, don't worry on it been RWD, it is stable like a rock. The Holden will give you a closer race with less room to recover if you make a mistake.

PR Stunts, danger sign in the 2019 Rimac Concept Two with rally tires, no tuning. Speed trap and zone in the Audi R8 from above.

Cheers.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 8:25:13 AM(UTC)
For players who need help: Percents, Tunes and Rewards:
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events SUMMER: ** Until 20/02/20 ** SERIES 19
50% SUMMER: LEXUS LFA 2010
80% SUMMER: PORSCHE #3 917 LH 1970
50% Series 19: ATS GT 2018
80% Series 19: BMW E92 ME GTS

Forza Horizon 4: Percents, Tunes and Rewards

Forza Horizon 4: Trial Tunes * Until 20/02/20 ** SERIES 19 **

** Share Codes Event Blueprints: TRIAL **
** Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub. You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily **

CODES: SUPERLEGGERA: 180 918 064
CODES: VANTAGE: 198 647 130

Forza Horizon 4: Rewards * Until 20/02/20 ** SERIES 19 **

GROUPS: Forza Horizon 4 - Guias / Guide - Tutorial - Recompensas / Rewards
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3465376673504290/
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:38:41 PM(UTC)
I really, really appreciate that the Rover, and the LFA, are fairly accessible as far as time-gated event goes. The same goes for the Rossion Q1 for the summer playlist, the Pista for the autumn playlist, and the AMR Vulcan, and Supervan for the winter playlist. I’m fine with the I.D.R. being a reward for the trial in a future season of this series, as it was accessible as a solo championship reward in the previous series.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 12:04:43 AM(UTC)
Just a quick PSA: if you've been wanting to dip a toe into the Trial events this is a pretty good week to do so. Sensible races, quick cars with a bit of leeway in them if you get it wrong, relatively manageable AI (though there's been one or two that seem to have replaced the passenger seat with nitro) and for the most part fairly sensible teammates. Grab a decent tune with AWD, stick the racing line on, use the brakes occasionally and you should be fine. Though do bear in mind that anything looking like it's built before the age of health and safety may need a *wee* bit more stopping distance than your 2018 Aston.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error