3 Pages123Next
 10 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:52:46 AM(UTC)
What on Earth where you guys thinking with the new update ?
Not only have vinyls and designs gone upon searching that were once there, I now can’t even look at my own designs in my storefront as it only shows the car I am currently using ?
Surely this is an over sight ? Please change this back as soon as you can.
As a designer I want to keep an eye on my designs and I also want others to see those designs, if someone looks at my store I want them to see all my cars not just the one they are using, surely this is the whole point to advertise your designs and for someone to see a design they like on the spare of the moment and buy it.
The new system is surely not needed ? Who needs a code for a design ?
You just need a gamertag and the car model ? Why has this been over complicated and the whole system messed up as a result ?!!
Please tell me I’m not the only one really not liking this and hoping it gets addressed soon !! Very very soon !!!

Thank you for your time.

DarthBra

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:54:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:59:15 AM(UTC)
Yes, exactly! They have made a major mistake with this change which could affect the sales of FH5. In other words this mistake could cost them money. You want people to see your designs, and a 9 number code is harder to remember than Aquapainter168 which shows them all of my designs, and they may download a few of them.

Now everything is gone, and a code that will reduce my shop to 1 image. Who would have a shop window with 1 item in it?

This is bad game design, and I'm a game designer.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:02:28 AM(UTC)
You are not the only one who has noticed this and is unhappy with it, there is some discussion on it here: https://forums.forzamoto...ming-content-update.aspx

They haven't yet said whether it's a bug or an intentional change, but I have to assume it is a bug. If / when they will fix it, remains to be seen.
 5 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:29:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarthBra Go to Quoted Post
I now can’t even look at my own designs in my storefront as it only shows the car I am currently using ?

Yup! Same here!

Massive backwards step.

I've thought since I first started playing FH4 on early release that the "Creative Hub" needs more flexibility, not less.

For both Tunes an Liveries there should have been the option to view the stats related to either of them (downloads, likes etc) and also the ability to delete and also batch delete.

Like I said up top, a massive backwards step.

In the paint shop, it wouldn't be so bad if there was a filter option so you could choose to seeing ALL your designs or just the ones for the car you currently in.

That would save having to trawl though 500 liveries looking for one, but this is just a bit too much.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:24:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:37:48 AM(UTC)
They should also copy one thing that FM7 does right: when you are in your garage and go to your saved paints, it should show you the paints for the car you are currently in, first. I have over 300 paints, some of which are for similar looking models, so it can be laborious trying to find the right one.

It's amazing this wasn't done from the outset because it's so obvious?
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:22:42 AM(UTC)
I haven't been on since the update, now I'm scared!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:37:02 AM(UTC)
Honestly guys, are you indeed surprised, day 1 this feature was proposing reporting or download your own tunes and liveries, not displaying number of downloads for tunes , it is not even displaying the full list of tunes, no sorting, nothing.
From creative hub we should have been able to delete, share/unshare, lock, unlock, compare tunes & liveries, have a counter of the number vs available slots, numerous filters to compensate the need of cleaning related to limited number of tunes ...
How many improvements/fixes occurred on this feature since day 1 ?

Please don't complain the dev here, they don't do the priorities and the quality of the solution. Project Owner/Director is the only one deciding on priorities and effort done on quality, developers , they are the one under pressure to deliver always faster.

4 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:43:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Honestly guys, are you indeed surprised, day 1 this feature was proposing reporting or download your own tunes and liveries, not displaying number of downloads for tunes , it is not even displaying the full list of tunes, no sorting, nothing.
From creative hub we should have been able to delete, share/unshare, lock, unlock, compare tunes & liveries, have a counter of the number vs available slots, numerous filters to compensate the need of cleaning related to limited number of tunes ...

Please don't complain the dev here, they don't do the priorities and the quality of the solution. Project Owner/Director is the only one deciding on priorities and effort done on quality, developers , they are the one under pressure to deliver always faster.

I'm surprised that they would remove anything from the HUB when actually it needed a couple of things adding to it such as Number of uses for each car. The HUB also seems to have a pointless item called Blueprint Downloads that is always zero.

Don't fix those, just make things worse seems to be the motto.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:24:03 AM(UTC)

I'm surprised by nothing anymore. Frustrated, absolutely. Continually coming close is what they do. Almost doing something that makes sense. But I don't know how to make a game, how to fix tthings when they go wrong. I'm still gonna play it. And I'll still not be surprised when things go wonky from an update. It is what it is.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:44:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I'm surprised that they would remove anything from the HUB when actually it needed a couple of things adding to it such as Number of uses for each car. The HUB also seems to have a pointless item called Blueprint Downloads that is always zero.

Don't fix those, just make things worse seems to be the motto.

The removal was not intentional but effort on testing is on eliminator, creative hub tests were not reviewed/skipped and boom. Not more to say about it, creative hub is underground feature, if it does not work, how many players of eliminator will notice ...
Overall, I don't get the idea of ID for tunes and liveries, mean, it's not bad one but doesn't help eliminator players does it ? never heard about anyone requesting such feature ... anyway not the topic.
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 2:08:13 PM(UTC)
Gone are the days of a quality working game. Seems like ever since they moved to the XB1 platform they stopped having a QA team verify "ANYTHING"!! I don't remember us having any of these issues with the old X360 platform. I truly believe they have stopped all internal testing of the game and updates and are allowing us the gamers to report issues and failures.

We are the unpaid free labor QA employees!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:47:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
Gone are the days of a quality working game. Seems like ever since they moved to the XB1 platform they stopped having a QA team verify "ANYTHING"!! I don't remember us having any of these issues with the old X360 platform. I truly believe they have stopped all internal testing of the game and updates and are allowing us the gamers to report issues and failures.

We are the unpaid free labor QA employees!!

MS let there testing staff go long ago. All home users of WIn10 are the QC team for this OS now. Thankfully those of us who are on the business channel can defer upgrades in the OS for a period of time while the bugs are worked out. Unfortunately, the bugs are being worked out on the backs of the home users who have no choice in the matter.

3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 4:08:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
You are not the only one who has noticed this and is unhappy with it, there is some discussion on it here: https://forums.forzamoto...ming-content-update.aspx

They haven't yet said whether it's a bug or an intentional change, but I have to assume it is a bug. If / when they will fix it, remains to be seen.

I'm not a talented designer but I made some respectable results and with this "update" I lost part of the entertainment, btw I'm "glad" it is a common issue thought it was just a problem of my account lol.

2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 4:13:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: R4ptor 92 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I'm not a talented designer but I made some respectable results and with this "update" I lost part of the entertainment, btw I'm "glad" it is a common issue thought it was just a problem of my account lol.

I don't think it's actually a bug, or an issue, I think it is a deliberate change to the HUB. You only see the car that you are sitting in in your HUB now, but the idea makes the game far worse than before, almost unplayable for artists.
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 4:35:18 PM(UTC)
I DON'T LIKE
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:11:15 PM(UTC)
yelp, almost 500 designs and 500 tunes gone! pray they are able to restore them.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:29:03 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:45:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:30:28 PM(UTC)
Could it be that the requirement was to filter mydesigns to display only the liveries for the current car, which would make sense since you can swap car in the same menu (My tunes equivalent ). This followed by the dev who received the requirement, did it on hub instead, where it makes no sense, ....

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:22:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:02:27 PM(UTC)
Would any other major developer not have a forum rep to give feedback to the community on such issues. If this was Codemasters' forum it would probably have received an official response within a day, if not within hours. 'We are aware of this bug and will fix it as soon as we can' would be great? Is that so hard? Apparently it is.
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:07:11 PM(UTC)
Many community staff have left Forza, including RetroKrystal.
And recently they tend to value Discord more than forums.
It is not surprising that they have not yet taken action on this issue.
All we can do is send a support ticket and pray that they read it. Hopefully this will be fixed in next month's update.

In the meantime, we have to put up with this vintage designed system.
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:42:05 PM(UTC)
That's FH4 for you. This game has never been fair to creators of quality content.

And no, this is not opinion, it's fact. Download champions are never the best painters. You dedicate a long time only for your design to have a total of zero downloads even though you're well-known. And even the FI update broke wheel paint in old designs.

It's a bit puzzling that the team messes with the Creation Hub this late in the game's life. There was nothing to change. In fact the old system was only a few tweaks away from being perfect.

Mark my words, it was hinted at in FH3 but FH4 was when the game began to appeal to the lowest common denominator, that is, the guy who subs to Game Pass and doesn't care about the deeper aspects of the game. Content creation is one of those deeper aspects.

Most people just leech tunes off their favorite influencers and never feel like tinkering with their cars and making cool builds, it's all AWD spam with the best engines. Fully upgraded cars also have high download counts and sometimes the tune is actually untouched from standard. Hastily uploaded simple designs having a bigger download count than more elaborate ones is the painter's side of that.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:43:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:21:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
yelp, almost 500 designs and 500 tunes gone! pray they are able to restore them.

Designs and tunes aren't gone, well not for me on Xbox One X.

If you go to My Designs within the menu you can see all the designs you have including downloaded ones and they will say whether they are shared or not by clicking on them. From the creative hub you do see only the designs for the car you are in, yet viewing tunes via creative hub for me at least all of them are there for all cars. It's just the designs that have changed.

Im sure as the designs are still shared and an update will correct the designs via the creative hub as for me at least nothing has been deleted or unshared and downloads, likes and uses are still there for each design.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:06:07 AM(UTC)
I too am not pleased with the new design update, it was flawed a little to begin with but I'd have chosen that over what we have now.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:57:49 AM(UTC)
So, to any who did not get the new behavior it is "simply" that the creative hub design thread is filtered on the current car ...

No design loss.

I know it is totally nuts but it is the case, let you check . My personal guess is they messed up and filtered on creative hubs instead of My Design. Applying filter on current car on my designs would have made consistency with my tunes behavior.

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:58:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:37:14 AM(UTC)
Thank you everyone that has invested into this thread, and its good to know I am not alone.

Another issue with the update is the way it limits the vinyl search to 50 layers upon the initial search, surely this number should be defaulted to 'Any' and if desired have the ability to change it.
It took me almost a day until I released that vinyl's I had searched for before the update no longer showed as before because of this new feature.

Surely painters, like tuners and the such, people that invest heavily into the Forza series should be supported and not 'messed with' (I put this as the alternative is swearing and I wont do that here).
I love the Forza franchise but tweaking and changing things for the sake of doing so makes zero sense to me, I have seen companies like ebay do the same thing, taking a very simple idea that works well, then updating for the sake of updating only to ruin the whole system.

Surely Turn 10 and Playground games only have to look at other developers that have really messed up in the last few years like, Bungie and EA.
Please learn from their mistakes and don't make the same ones !

I/We need players to interact with our stores and see our vinyl's, default the vinyl search to 'Any' as the first denomination and for the love of God please allow painters and visiters to our stores be able to see ALL of our designs !!

After all the events have been finished, the cars won, who do you think keeps the interest going in the game ? The thirst for a new tune, that lovely new paint, that's right us, those that still play the game because we love it just as much as you and are passionate about it.

We will always support you guys so please with respect do the same for us too.

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:41:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error