2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:08:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sxix Go to Quoted Post
Nobody uses freaking Strada mode on a performante. Give me a break. This is just grasping at straws looking for an excuse for the devs.

nobody?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_YVhobF4dw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbR9uSiizA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7XNSCymvY
search huracan performante pov

also what about the mismatched redlines on the dash showing it was copied
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2020 5:53:27 AM(UTC)
Nobody uses freaking Strada mode on a performante. Give me a break. This is just grasping at straws looking for an excuse for the devs.

So, you know people who own a Performante?

Clearly, it's been used in press shots and the like, so it's safe to say that Strada mode is used and therefore it's not an excuse for the devs.

It makes sense to reuse some of the assets for similar cars for the models to save time and cut down on costs.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 8:18:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

So, you know people who own a Performante?

Clearly, it's been used in press shots and the like, so it's safe to say that Strada mode is used and therefore it's not an excuse for the devs.

It makes sense to reuse some of the assets for similar cars for the models to save time and cut down on costs.

I'd say it's likely many people would use Strada, since it's there for a reason. I own a car with multiple modes (sadly not a Lamborghini) and I don't drive on the sportiest mode all the time.

Reusing assets is ok, and even desirable, as it creates consistency... But the current dials are not the correct ones, even for Strada, and even though the correct ones aren't much different. Furthermore, to create a parallel with the Aventador SV, it would have been nice to have the car in Corsa mode, as the dial in that mode looks similar to the one in the Aventador SV featured in the game.

When it comes to the graphics, that's the only true mistake, though. The rest of the car seems fine, especially the forged carbon elements, which are not easy to get right.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#29 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 8:38:38 PM(UTC)
T10, let alone PG have very little to do with the models. they're outsourced hence all the discrepancies lol
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:05:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Whiskey Daniels Go to Quoted Post
T10, let alone PG have very little to do with the models. they're outsourced hence all the discrepancies lol

We are discussing textures, not models. The gauge is a texture.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:24:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

you know exactly what I mean whether its a model or texture
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:06:37 AM(UTC)
Since the ZL1 1LE still has the wrong brake light, I guess we just have to live with minor mistakes on many cars
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:04:29 PM(UTC)
Honestly, it seems the devs have gotten kinda lazy with the newer releases. Copy pasted sounds (on the topic of copy and paste I have noticed that a lot of cars with digital instrument clusters all use the same font type for the animated parts which can make it look really weird compared to the static elements. I've noticed it can look really jumbled up or can clip with other parts), incorrect models and bugs galore. Went back and played the first forza horizon a while ago and was surprised at the level of detail and work went into the game. While it still had it's bugs it seemed like they cared more back then, with car models being more accurate and not just blindly copy and pasting sounds (the in-car clocks were even synched with the current time in the game which was quite cool). While I don't expect this game to be perfect and know bugs will always exist, it does feel like more effort could be put in to make it a much better game.
(Disclaimer: I realize I'm being a bit picky about the choice of font but they could have at least either made it look or fit better, I know most of the forza games on the Xbox one have done this, but it has always looked more natural and blended better on the other games)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:09:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:14:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

you know exactly what I mean whether its a model or texture

A model, and a texture aren't the same thing. You can grab a texture, and put it on a model in about 10 minutes. The actual modelling of the dashboard would take hours. So it's a 10 minute job to swap the gauge image. The main problem with changing the texture is programming the change in needles, and digital numbers.

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2020 11:48:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 3:05:43 AM(UTC)
The font they're using for the dynamic parts of the dashboards is the same bespoke font they're using for the UI, just different weights and widths. What sticks out the most to me is the slab serif on the digit 1. It's a bit unsightly.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 11:33:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
The font they're using for the dynamic parts of the dashboards is the same bespoke font they're using for the UI, just different weights and widths. What sticks out the most to me is the slab serif on the digit 1. It's a bit unsightly.

Listen to this man. He knows.

On the topic itself... Yes, it feels like splitting hairs to complain about a gauge which isn't even all that wrong, but it's the kind of thing that gets noticed by trolls, gets put on YouTube and has people saying "lol Forza". It's the kind of thing that has ordinary people say "Forza for the content and Gran Turismo for the attention to detail".

I'm not sure how far these trolls reach with such content, but, as a fan, it makes me sad. Forza does not need to adopt the obsessive, pedantic tone of Gran Turismo, but the care, the polish is currently below average IMO. With 900+ cars in the whole franchise, it's difficult, but doable!

Also applies to sounds, though in this field I understand the technical limitations.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error