This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 10:55:02 PM(UTC)
Wow guys!!! Incredible work! Thanks so much for doing what you do! I’ll be reorganizing the OP tonight to get all the new bits in 👍🏻👍🏻
 3 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2020 7:40:03 PM(UTC)
Hi artists,

here is the project for the painting competition "Retro Cartoon Contest" is almost finished I just need to finish 2.3 things with 200 layers without exceeding 3000 layers so that I am 1000% Satisfied ^^ This is only a drawing, there is a second one just as WTF, but you will see it once the car is 100% finished 😊

Paint / Insta / FB

1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2020 12:58:03 PM(UTC)
Work in progress

Untitled by Corey Gunnet, on Flickr

****RETIRED****
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 1:22:42 PM(UTC)
Congratulations to all these painters for these beautiful paintings!!
This is my car for the contest:

Honda civic 2019, DragonBall

Edited by user Monday, February 3, 2020 3:16:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 6:30:16 PM(UTC)
Wow!!! Awesome paints.

I still haven't settled on a car for the contest. I'm tinkering with the layout. Here's what I'm playing with:

And one I'd like to drive on Main Street in Disneyland.

Edited by user Friday, February 14, 2020 5:14:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed broken link

2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 6:33:20 PM(UTC)
Hi artits,
after more than a month of work on my project "City Hunter Nicky Larson" he finally came out of the paint booth and available for download :) I repeat it again but you did a great job, I can't wait to see the news entry

Paint / Insta / FB

3 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2020 6:39:10 PM(UTC)
Wow ryn0s3r1 and RTT Farfadett. Excellent jobs on your cars! Now that's what I call awesome work. Well done! :)

Edited by user Monday, February 3, 2020 6:42:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 12:20:17 AM(UTC)
More amazing work! The cartoon contest has a high level of artistic talent this year! It's good how the shapes are being made to fit on the cars, around the doors etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2020 11:08:52 PM(UTC)
All looking awesome guys!!! With a little more then a week to go 😮😮
 3 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 5:45:06 AM(UTC)
Here's some better images of my entry!

#111 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:07:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaAaDaM Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations to all these painters for these beautiful paintings!!
This is my car for the contest:

Honda civic 2019, DragonBall

Dude this is dope!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:54:45 PM(UTC)
Amazing paints. Spectacular entries. Well done everyone!
 8 users liked this post.
#113 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:09:36 PM(UTC)
With Mickey sporting a suit & tie and Minnie wearing her favorite dress and overcoat, I elected to go with the more elegant Morgan for my entry.

Car: 2010 Morgan Aero Supersports
Theme: Mickey & Minnie on a Sunday morning drive with Cinderella's Castle as the back drop
File: RCC2020

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 1:22:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

3 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 8:51:03 AM(UTC)
Looks like it’s going to be another impossible task trying to pick a Top 3 from what I’ve seen so far! Fantastic work everyone 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Great to see you in here Gr333nz, been a long time mate - still knocking out some top notch work though! Saw your xbl clip and you’re right, pics on here don’t do it justice... great job with the chrome effects on the hood image 👌🏾

Farfadet, I love how vibrant your colours are and how you’ve fit the design around the car 👍🏾

The background on yours Skreamies is so good it’s actually quite eerie.... with the shading on Marvin, brilliantly done 😎

BaAaDaM, wow!!! I wasn’t expecting that from your initial wip shots, LoL! 😉 Very cool!!!

Glad you went for the Morgan in the end ryn0, just seems to work perfectly for the design 👍🏾

Edited by user Saturday, February 8, 2020 8:55:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
 3 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 9:55:00 AM(UTC)
Forgot to give props to Hotrod King, nice start 👍🏾 Saw the comment in your thread, I know how you feel I’ve been suffering with a bit of Painter’s block recently but stick with it mate.

Had a good session today and completed Fry and Leela to go with Hermes and Prof. Farnsworth…

also 80% done with Zoidberg and hoping for another good paint session tomorrow 🤞🏾

FH4 / FH3
#116 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 5:16:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Forgot to give props to Hotrod King, nice start 👍🏾 Saw the comment in your thread, I know how you feel I’ve been suffering with a bit of Painter’s block recently but stick with it mate.

Had a good session today and completed Fry and Leela to go with Hermes and Prof. Farnsworth…

also 80% done with Zoidberg and hoping for another good paint session tomorrow 🤞🏾

Appreciate it not many acknowledge me anymore feel like ghost or the invisible man on here.

****RETIRED****
#117 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2020 9:21:15 PM(UTC)
@ MIDNYTE DUBH nice WIP update! Also I have been meaning to ask... How do you get your photos to look the way the do? How do you do that thing with the dots?
 2 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 12:37:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hotrod King87 Go to Quoted Post
Appreciate it not many acknowledge me anymore feel like ghost or the invisible man on here.

Yeah, there’s definitely been a shift over the years where threads get a large amount of views but few comments in comparison. I’m probably as guilty as anyone for that but I’ve got used to it and just use my forum thread as an archive these days.
I don’t do social media but I’d imagine most people have graduated to those platforms because they are more interactive by nature than the forums.

Originally Posted by: KiloCharlie85 Go to Quoted Post
@ MIDNYTE DUBH nice WIP update! Also I have been meaning to ask... How do you get your photos to look the way the do? How do you do that thing with the dots?

Cheers Kilo 🙂
I press the Home button on the controller and tap X to take a screenshot. Give it a minute, go to my profile on the Xbox app and save the image to my camera roll on my iPad/iPhone. Then open up the Flickr app which uploads automatically and it’s ready to share.

The dots are what I use to outline my logos and get correct proportions for portraits and more complex images. It might look a bit faint on here but it’s more clear on my tv.

It’s a slight variation on the method of using brackets to outline then filling in behind - I use solid shapes for my outlines then cover over, if that makes sense? I don’t normally post wip pics like I’ve done in this thread but it’s really just a case of removing the grid and changing the background colour so that the dots ‘pop’ a bit more.

**edit** I have my source image placed on a grid using an app called CopyIt and flick from my tv to iPad for reference.

Edited by user Sunday, February 9, 2020 1:10:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
#119 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 6:36:45 AM(UTC)
@ MIDNYTE DUBH I've used the bracket method you've mentioned or 'outline' and then color behind many of times especially for my pieces for the RCC but not to the extent you go through. That is pretty cool. Thanks for the info I've been wanting to know for a while.

Edited by user Sunday, February 9, 2020 6:56:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#120 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 7:36:48 AM(UTC)
Only a couple days left guys! Loving each and every project🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 👍🏻
 1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2020 3:45:49 PM(UTC)
a truly spectacular job so far, making a choice will be really difficult given the quality of each livery. congratulations to all for this impressive harvest 😘😘👌
 1 user liked this post.
#122 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 5:44:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Looks like it’s going to be another impossible task trying to pick a Top 3 from what I’ve seen so far! Fantastic work everyone 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Great to see you in here Gr333nz, been a long time mate - still knocking out some top notch work though! Saw your xbl clip and you’re right, pics on here don’t do it justice... great job with the chrome effects on the hood image 👌🏾

Bless Dubh! Yeah, it has been a long time bro, hope you are well, loving the Futurama design, super tight! Thank you my G!!

Also great work everyone, some superb paints being entered I'm glad I don't have to judge!!

1 user liked this post.
#123 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 6:19:34 AM(UTC)
Count me in as well. Just the RCC logo to make and I'm good to go! (Theme: Yosemite Sam from Looney Tunes)
 1 user liked this post.
#124 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:47:59 AM(UTC)
Finally got started the other day! Nearly done. Theme is Danger Mouse.
Twitter: @RallyzX360
#125 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:03:14 AM(UTC)
After leaving it to the last minute, here at last is my entry for the RCC 2020 - Danger Mouse with trusty sidekick Penfold, overlooked by the evil Baron Silas Greenback and furry caterpiller Nero, along with henchcrow Stiletto Mafiosa. Fans will recognise the significance of the pillar box ...

Car: 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante - File Name: RCC Danger Mouse

2020-02-13 13.31.58
by Rallyz, on Flickr

2020-02-13 13.32.15
by Rallyz, on Flickr

2020-02-13 13.32.06
by Rallyz, on Flickr
Twitter: @RallyzX360
Quick Reply
9 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error