9 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 2:22:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
The comic is Tank Girl, there is no cartoon of Tank Girl, it wouldn't work.

A cartoon is an illustration ("possibly" animated). A comic contains lots of cartoons.

Even Leonardo da Vinci has been known to do the odd cartoon or two ...
The Burlington House Cartoon

I did Calvin and Hobbes last year (my first year) and it wasn't immediately rejected, and am thinking of doing Footrot Flats this year (although haven't quite decided). I don't think Snake would reject Tank Girl, it seems an excellent choice.

Twitter: @RallyzX360
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 4:08:05 PM(UTC)
Oh.. lol I always thought that a cartoon had to be animated. Well I'm in then!
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:46:34 PM(UTC)
great update friends, very beautiful painting MD and Farfadet, I love 👍👍
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:49:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post

connection problem on my post above!
#55 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 7:55:40 PM(UTC)
I have a question. Can a competitor choose a cartoon that has already been chosen? or does he have to pick something else? I've been working on something that actually may just be perfect for this and am itching to get in on the action. Plus I can guarantee sticking through to the end this time lol. Couldn't help it last year.

Edited by user Monday, January 13, 2020 8:31:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:53:35 AM(UTC)
Tank girl could be cool... but the idea is to use “sundaymorning” cartoons....

@ kilocharlie depends on which cartoon.... as some cartoons have a lot of characters ... and otgers dont...
#57 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:21:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnakeEyes Friex Go to Quoted Post

@ kilocharlie depends on which cartoon.... as some cartoons have a lot of characters ... and otgers dont...

Ahhh okay cool. Dragon Ball Z has a plethora of characters lol. So if possible Snake, I'd be grateful if you can mark me down for that :).

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:09:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling/grammar... Misquoting a quote etc. etc. etc. lol.

#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:37:41 AM(UTC)

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Is that Sunday morning in the papers and/or on the TV? Is it restricted to animated or not?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:40:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:04:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RallyzX360 Go to Quoted Post

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. Is that Sunday morning in the papers and/or on the TV? Is it restricted to animated or not?

It can be comic and cartoons.. as long as they’re retro 😉
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:31:10 AM(UTC)
Excellent!
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:56:54 AM(UTC)
The concept of time can be a funny thing. I was scrolling through the older years of the RCC and am amazed by some of the work people of done for the contest. What's interesting... some of these cartoons I haven't seen so they are kind of new to me. Others, I have seen and that's where the nostalgia kicks in. It's kind of hard to grasp that most of these titles now are considered 'retro'. Then I start thinking about my age lol. But then all of us can say that we have lived through an awesome era of entertainment.
#62 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:28:27 PM(UTC)
And speaking of time lol... Time to post a wip or two or three. Hope you enjoy this was challenging fun :):
logo:

dragon balls:

Vegeta:

Rear end:
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:22:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FRDT Pat theCat Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post

connection problem on my post above!

Merci Pat :) j'ai bien hâte de voir les créations de tout le monde, je kiff ce concours de peinture qui nous fait repartir en enfance ^^

Paint / Insta / FB

2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:42:06 PM(UTC)
Nice work Kilo! 👍🏾 And Farfadet, love the black & white effect, it looks intriguing... 😎

Nice to see the wips coming in, looks like the comp’s starting to take shape. Thanks for the comments on my progress by the way, I took a short break from painting while I decided which characters to paint next - going to be busy this weekend, hope to have some more pics on Sunday evening 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#65 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:59:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Nice work Kilo! 👍🏾

I took a short break from painting while I decided which characters to paint next - going to be busy this weekend, hope to have some more pics on Sunday evening 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Thanks for the awesome words MIDNYTE DUBH, they were fun to draw and a heck of an experience! I'm looking forward to seeing your new WIPs and seeing which characters you pick! you nailed that Futurama logo. I love how the ship crashes into the sign.

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2020 9:02:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 6:54:47 AM(UTC)
More WIP pics :)

Saiyan Royalty Symbol:

Vegeta's name in Kanji:

And you cannot have Dragon Ball Z w/out a Dragon :):

------------------
Bonus!! Sneak peak into my second entry:

2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 1:56:00 PM(UTC)
So Kilo, you’ve gone from probably not taking part this year to two entries, LoL, nice one! 👍🏾😁

I’ve gone the other way and decided to cram everything into one design instead of the two I was originally thinking. Didn’t get as much done over the weekend as anticipated but 2 characters are completed. Not showing the finished vinyl groups until I’ve done them all but you can probably guess who they are......

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#68 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 5:02:42 PM(UTC)
So Kilo, you’ve gone from probably not taking part this year to two entries, LoL, nice one! 👍🏾😁

Haha. Yeah man. That's how I roll when I put my best foot forward and make up for time lost. I was upset about having to drop out of last years RCC due to some unforeseen circumstances. However, unforeseen circumstances aside, I am having a great time being back this year and pushing myself to the limits😎.

I’ve gone the other way and decided to cram everything into one design instead of the two I was originally thinking. Didn’t get as much done over the weekend as anticipated but 2 characters are completed. Not showing the finished vinyl groups until I’ve done them all but you can probably guess who they are......

If this is just a taste of what is about to be released in the near future - your work speaks volumes about what you're capable of. Excellent choices in characters as well. And that sneak peak... beyond well done, cannot wait to see the final product 👍.

Speaking of which I have another question about the RCC. When do we post the pictures of our final renders and have our livery's go live? What do we name them? I have them saved as RCC 2020.

Edited by user Monday, January 20, 2020 5:36:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:17:25 AM(UTC)
All looking amazing so far!

To capture a screenshot on the Xbox press the glowing button, scroll along until you see capture a screenshot. Then find recent captures, and share the screenshot to Twitter, and it will then be on your PC. Then use this link to get the image on the forums...

How-to-embed-pictures-on-the-forum-using-Twitter

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:44:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:07:12 AM(UTC)
So since my first entry is basically completed at this point... Thought it was time to post WIP pics for my second entry🙂.

Logo:

Wing-Zero:

DeathScythe:

With what's above, I managed to max out my 3,000 layers on the hood😅. Now onto drawing the character pilots for the sides. This should be fun 😎.

3 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:29:15 AM(UTC)
Top notch work guys!
Here's my WIP.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:36:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:04:20 AM(UTC)
There is really heavy, you make me go back to childhood :) My project " Nicky Larson City Hunter " is advancing slowly but I would not spoil before I finished it ^^

Paint / Insta / FB

1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:48:18 PM(UTC)
@ ryn0s3r1 very classy WIP. I'm pretty curious where you're going to go with it! Nice work :).

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:48:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:45:30 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

I like to share my Dexter's laboratory RCC 2020 entry with you guys. I hope you like it.

I also got a small Youtube video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S8RclCsGI for some better impressions.
I really can't take pictures in this game, sorry for that.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:46:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:49:18 AM(UTC)
@ Thawan that is pretty awesome. I could hear Dexter yelling 'Dee Dee get out of my laboratory!' lol. Wow talk about a flashback into the past.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:18:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply
9 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error