This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:32:11 AM(UTC)
i'm looking for a gearing tune for the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat . with sport options ( tires,enging parts , etc...)
what i specifically want is the gearing tune . i want it to slide with TC off 1st gear with minimum rev limiter hitting .
so i dont want it to crazy hit the rev limiter(stuck at 6.5K RPM)or around that , i have tried missing with the gearing tune and i got to some what what i want but not really perfect
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 3:20:55 PM(UTC)
Sliding means there is reduced friction which means the same amount of throttle just spins the tires even more. What you have to learn is throttle control. There's no way one tune can accommodate road conditions, corner angle, throttle aggressiveness, tire pressure, tire type and width, vehicle weight, down force, suspension settings, differential, etc.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 8:04:39 AM(UTC)
Don't know if this will help or not, but I've found a good setup for the Transmission Gear Ratios to be as follows;

1st - 3.27
2nd - 2.13
3rd - 1.57
4th - 1.23
5th - 1.00
6th - .83

Final Drive Ratio is related but separate... For example;
A ratio 3.05 will give you good top end speed, but you'll sacrifice quick take off to get it. Setting to 4.10, 4.56 or even 5.12 will give you butt-tons of launch and quick rev-up, but you'll lose a LOT of top end speed in the process.
Incidentally, I know this not because of playing racing games, but because of the real world. I've been driving and building street, circle track and drag cars/engines for over 35 years. My daily driver '66 Ford Galaxy has a Richmond Overdrive (R.O.D.) aftermarket transmission with these exact ratios installed and with a 3.73 rear differential she's good for around 160MPH. My boys and their buddies have always had good luck using them in Grand Turismo and Forza Racing as well.
#4 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 11:26:19 AM(UTC)
I dig those gear ratios, brother. I haven't had the ability, YET lol, to get to mess with all this in the really real world. However I've done alot of looking up OEM and aftermarket gear ratio packages over the years and versions of Forza while tuning. One of my favorites has ended up being from the Rossler website.

Final tune as desired, I end up at 4:56 alot
1st 1.91
2nd 1.41
3rd 1.11
4th .91
5th .77
6th .67

I used to use the BorgWarner 4spd

1st 2.97
2.d 1.94
3rd 1.35
4th 1.00
5th .80
6th .65

I'm not sure truly how real world numbers work in the Forzaverse, but I like to use 'em when I tune.

I agree 100% with Coffee too. Throttle control is absolutely a must. Assists off, manual at least, I run clutch. Just practice, tune yourself to what you want, the feel you want. Like he said, you're asking so.eone someone else to tune to YOUR feel. Not really possible. There are many very good tunes out there, most can be slid very well. But it's all about your driving.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint

Notification

Icon
Error