#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:23:43 PM(UTC)
Camera Position

Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
...suboptimal cockpit view camera position:

And the camera position definitely needs adjustment.

This isn't a rare case... I have a long list of cars that have similar problems.

Some better method rather than having the developers check and fix them all one by one is definitely needed, like: per-vehicle based user configurable camera positions (which also tends to yield much more reliable/satisfying result, and more).

And those 2 are far from the worst examples...

(2012 Ferrari 599XX Evolution)

(2014 Ferrari FXX K)

(2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast)

See this also...

Edited by user Friday, November 29, 2019 4:24:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:23:51 PM(UTC)
Dashboard Blurriness

1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR

...dashboard blurriness:

The cause of the problem is likely bad texture resolution and/or improper scaling algorithms used, as the problem can be mitigated (even eliminated) by utilizing supersampling:

(4x supersample)

Proposal:

Utilizing at least 4x supersample for the dashboard textures in cockpit view (and photo mode, whatsoever) in "Medium"/"High" settings, 16x supersample in "Ultra"/"Extreme" settings, leaving things unchanged in "Low" settings.

Off-Topic:

If you observe carefully in the original picture, you shall be able to notice some "noise" on it. (unnatural dithering at long distance, mainly on the vegetation)

This is another graphics issue of the game.
#3 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:23:59 PM(UTC)
Dashboard "Whiteout"

2018 ATS GT

Dashboard "Whiteout":

In fact all cars with screen-like dashboard in this game are differently susceptible... with the severest extent of the problem occurring on this model.

And the problem isn't exclusive to cars with screen-like dashboard... See this.

(2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4)

(2013 Mclaren P1)

...I've taken random touch screen devices out directly at the sunlight, none of them can look this bad.

Proposal:

A quick fix to this problem is making the dashboard "unconditionally visible"... (immune to the lighting, reflection, etc.)

No one will complain about it being unrealistic... I believe.

Edited by user Friday, November 29, 2019 4:25:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:24:07 PM(UTC)
Shadow Resolution

(2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG)

Maybe the shadows in cockpit view should have higher resolution.

(2002 Koenigsegg CC8S)

And the pictures above also provide a glimpse of the problem.

Off-Topic: What if your vision is as wide as the Horizon?..

Edited by user Friday, November 29, 2019 4:40:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:25:04 PM(UTC)
Input-Layer Translation

Originally Posted by: Trond4531 Go to Quoted Post
I came from ps4 and grand turissimo. That is a game where i drive ok. But im struggling hard with horizon. I play with an original controller for xbox. My car is all over the road and outside. I think the problem is that i start to turn in to a corner but the car i still going strait forward. So i turn in some more and then its to much and the car start to slide. And it feels like its not consistent. Tips?? would like to have the game play feel more like gran turissimo.

Originally Posted by: RAGE607 Go to Quoted Post
I feel like I don't even have to try to drive good. I know it is an arcade game but this time, I feel, it went too far. The cars are handled so easily.

Leaving alone the actual physics simulation, there's an important factor: the Input-Layer Translation.

In a simplified form, it can be a simple question:

"Drive the People", or "Drive the Cars"?

This post may give you some ideas on the problem.

This is usually where the most of the discrepancy comes.

This influences not only the experience in cockpit view... but it's mostly observed in cockpit view.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 3:50:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:25:09 PM(UTC)
Cockpit Free-Look

Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post
I wish that we could look 360 degrees around the cockpit like in gran turismo instead of the very limited left right with no up or down or full 180 side view out window, why is it so limited?

This is why:
https://forums.forzamoto...139613.aspx#post_1139613

Edited by user Friday, March 27, 2020 8:42:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error