9 Pages<<56789PrevNext
#151 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 2:25:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: frenzarectah Go to Quoted Post
Hi at all!
I'm a new member and i would ask a question to you, about the ranking system.
Has ever happened to anyone that the score remains stucked in a fixed value? Even you win or lose?
It's strange because after the end of the adventure, there's the animation of the gaining or losing points, but after that, when i check my points on the menu, the score remains equal as i don't played.
Ps. I never leave an online game in the middle.
I lose with honor! :D
Let me know if someone knows why it happens and how to eventually fix this prob.
Thank you so much!

Yes, that’s the point being described in the original post on this thread. It’s been an ongoing issue in Team Adventure for several months, with no fix. Points only count if no one quits the adventure.
#152 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:35:42 PM(UTC)
o
#153 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 6:48:27 AM(UTC)
With the considerable delay to Update 23 me and my friends became very excited to see hopfuly some fixes to the awful current League Points sytem for ranked games. But as of 10:30 EST our hopes and dreams were crushed as the system remains in place and we continue to play hours of games without making one single point.

But hey! 4 new Toyotas and better yet, 7 NEW ACHIEVEMENTS HELL YEAH!

Guess we'll just keep waiting :/
#154 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:26:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClassyPanda039 Go to Quoted Post
... as the system remains in place and we continue to play hours of games without making one single point.

in the period from mid-april to mid-may i drove 3 accounts to the grand master.
Since mid-may, the point yield has been significantly lower.

#155 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:37:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spatz971 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClassyPanda039 Go to Quoted Post
... as the system remains in place and we continue to play hours of games without making one single point.

in the period from mid-april to mid-may i drove 3 accounts to the grand master.
Since mid-may, the point yield has been significantly lower.

I don’t think this is possible at Team Adventure, with the current issues. Was this at drift or FFA?

Edited by user Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:40:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#156 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:47:17 AM(UTC)
Ranked Team Adventure
#157 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 11:18:17 AM(UTC)
Points on Ranked Team Adventure has been broken for everyone so far as I know since last October/November, in that you only gain points if no one quits. I’ve consistently won a lot more than I’ve lost and played quite a lot over the last few months (I personally have about an 80% race win rate at Team) and my rank has moved less than 10 points overall. Do you have a method for avoiding this problem that works as that would be really helpful for everyone else?
#158 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 3:39:22 AM(UTC)
not really. i think the period was just a good period because of corona, a lot of players. and the popularity of the bug was probably even less.
as I said: Since mid-may, the point yield has been significantly lower.
sometimes there were no points for whole days. but yesterday it was about 90 points again.
#159 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 4:19:59 AM(UTC)
It’s fair to say that your experience is miles off mine. I played a lot of team during April - probably 200 adventures or more. I would say that the points counted in no more than 10 of those. Given that the average points I get for a win (playing solo) is about 5, that means that the maximum I could have recovered even if I’d won all 10 was about 50 points - for the entire month. If I enter in a highly skilled convoy more or less guaranteeing a win, my experience is that the usual points are 1, 0 or -1. Moving 90 points in a day would simply have been impossible at any point in the last few months.

The only explanations that I can see for the large discrepancy are either that you are using a new account so that wins make a much bigger difference or that you have players in your convoy with very low ranks. Even then though, I struggle to see how it would be possible to make the huge ranking jumps you suggest given that I’d say no more than 5% of results count due to the bug. Even at 50 points average gain per win, its 100 events to move just one league at 5% counting rate.
#160 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 4:56:44 AM(UTC)
so far, our experiences do not differ.
2/3 of the GM accounts were new. the 79: 3 made it from 0 to GM within 3 days. the account is not even prestige 1. but i also played about 80 times within 3 days (it was a weekend).
normally I get around 400-500 team games per month.

the older account took 2 weeks and of course has a lot more experience and got significantly fewer points.

there are significantly fewer points when a GM is in the convoy. are 2 or more GM in the convoy, then there are almost no points. a mix of green and yellow players is perfect.

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2020 4:59:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#161 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 6:34:15 AM(UTC)
Thanks Spatz. Interesting stuff. It does feel another flaw in the points system that a new player can essentially go from 0-4750 in 3 days whereas I’m fairly confident the same results for me (on circa 4500 points) wouldn’t be enough to reach 4,750.
#162 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 6:50:12 AM(UTC)
In theory some of the team racing GMs could be weak players then, I'm not saying Spatz or anyone on his/her team is, but as I understand how it works (?) so long as the team wins, if there is a passenger or two on the winning team then they will be rewarded just as much as if they came 1st each time.
#163 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 7:24:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
In theory some of the team racing GMs could be weak players then, I'm not saying Spatz or anyone on his/her team is, but as I understand how it works (?) so long as the team wins, if there is a passenger or two on the winning team then they will be rewarded just as much as if they came 1st each time.

That's result of the super skill engine ... no matter if you ram teammates or other players, no matter if you are 1st or just waiting for the race to finish in the very back, just have to be in the good team ... I wonder how it could be worse,... will know sooner or later ...

#164 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 7:53:53 AM(UTC)
in a team it doesn't matter whether you finish 1st or 12th. this does not matter for the allocation of points.

I am not the fastest driver myself and I would not have been able to do it without the team, I am aware of that.
but you don't have to pull me completely, I can drive without a driving instructor ;-)

if you start over and start fresh, then
a) the True Skill System is probably not yet fully calibrated.
b) the number of completed online races is decisive. The fewer races you have in total, the more points you get.
c) a fresh account - even though you have won 10 out of 10 qualifying races - is classified between League 12 and League 9. I haven't quite figured out what it depends on. League 12 also has more than 2000 points. Say you don't start at 0, but at 2000+.
#165 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:11:35 AM(UTC)
with enough time everyone in the RTA can make it to GM.
you can use the (faulty) system for yourself. some players have already done that. do I judge that? no, the system allows it.

if you play more often, you know the names. you know who drives fair, you know who rams and who leaves in the event of a defeat. you can adjust to it and still have fun.
#166 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:21:50 AM(UTC)
Just to say I wasn’t being critical of you at all Spatz. It’s the game scoring mechanics that are a bit wonky! I will say that you clearly have better luck than me with people not quitting though. I haven’t played much Team this month but I still have 30 wins and I’m pretty sure one or more of the opposition has left in every one - so that I have gained 0 points (I am actually about 30 points down as 2 of my 12 losses did count).
 1 user liked this post.
#167 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:28:08 AM(UTC)
I do judge people who use the faulty system though. If you are the one person who leaves, you know you are stopping the 5/6 people on the other team from getting points they are entitled to receive. Yes, there’s an argument that everyone else is doing it but that doesn’t make it right.
#168 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:29:45 AM(UTC)
I played another team game earlier, it began with 5 on our team vs 6 on theirs but I thought I'd carry on anyway, even though I knew straight away I presumably wouldn't get any points even if we won.

Turned out we did win and one player on the other team left moments before the end of the 3rd race so it ended five players on each side. I thought maybe the even player count would make the scores stick but of course, nope.

(Also it was S2 street racing and reminded me very much of why I skip this in FFA, far too fraught for my liking.)
#169 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:41:21 AM(UTC)
You would have got points if he hadn’t quit. It doesn’t matter what the starting number of players is as long as no one has a large X against their name at the end of any race.
#170 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:58:15 AM(UTC)
Ah I see. I'll be better sticking to FFA I guess...
#171 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 8:59:22 AM(UTC)
I only go for fun now.
if it goes well and the matchmaking works, you get a good opposing team. ideally, this also drives fairly. but it's more a matter of luck.
otherwise a victory for the statistics.
#172 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 9:27:35 AM(UTC)
What’s your current name Spatz? I’ll look out for you.
#173 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:38:15 AM(UTC)
I don't know if they are ever gonna fix this mode.. I have played so many games and won but still stuck in league 5 at the same rank. Playing almost everyday and no progress..
#174 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:00:52 AM(UTC)
I have been playing so much games and won but still at the same rank in league 5. Playing almost everyday and making no progress. I really hope they fix it because it is so frustrating *sigh*
Jezza14 u play a lot too?
#175 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:03:03 AM(UTC)
Hello,

Why I can only go down in Rank ?
I won like 7 matches now rank points added to current rank but when I lose the race the rank goes down
9 Pages<<56789PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error