12 Pages<<89101112PrevNext
Rank: Racing Permit
#226 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 5:24:14 PM(UTC)
yes, they will fix it until christmas.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Friday, November 27, 2020 5:54:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#227 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 4:25:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spatz971 Go to Quoted Post

have another, about 1 month old account, sometimes played more intensely.
17th: 2359 points
20th: 2455 points
22nd: 2621 points
23rd: 3105 points
23rd afternoon: 3553 points
23rd end of day: League 4

from series change - i.e. from 20th on - so far 110 games.

and finally I did it again. the 5th GM account.
so it is still possible to get points.

after a few days of not so intensive playing with the account, it continued on the 29th:
29th: 4335
30th: 4431
1st: 4779 - i got 257 points in 1 event. in another event 96 points.
2nd: i reached GM league

from series change - i.e. from 20th on - so far 200 games. in approx. 1 week 90 matches. not so much.

Of course you also need luck to find the right match where there is no quitter.

By the way, I played most of the counting matches alone, without the team.
if there are golden players or GMs in the opposing team, then the probability is at 99% that there are no points. same if in the own team are too many golden players or GMs.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#228 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 2:03:02 AM(UTC)
I seriously hope that the devs are aware of this being an actual problem. I’ve spent nearly two days playing for most of both days only to move up from league 8 to league 6, and I haven’t lost a single match. I have won every single race. It’s extremely unfair that I can’t move up leagues because I go up against league 2 or GMs and win against them, yet I get nothing because they leave before the last race.

This is also the only way to enjoy competitive racing with friends. It’s super unfortunate that this mode is this broken. My friend and I today had to devise a plan to bait people into staying in matches, purposefully crashing into walls or losing an event to make people want to stay and make them think they can win, only for us to win near the end and they leave before they cross the finish line. It’s completely aggravating as both him and I would be GM at this point, and honestly, we would’ve reached GM over two months ago if it weren’t for this awful behavior that the devs think is a “solution.” This causes so many more problems than however many they sought out to solve.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#229 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 12:36:27 AM(UTC)
New Series old Problem

RTA
Quali: League 10 2969 Menu shows L9 2816 (from last Month and L9 Unlocked Stuff)
Next: 2816 +3xx > L7 xxxx Menu shows L9 2816 (Grandmaster quit in last round but it was wrong before)

3rd Series now with not working ranking
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#230 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 1:45:46 PM(UTC)
the bug has existed for 1 year.
I don't think that's a bug, but rather wanted it by the designers.
only the point display is confusing. sometimes there are points that even exist in the next race (but are then corrected in the race after that).

but rumors say yes, this bug is fixed in the christmas edition. only which year, nobody could tell me exactly yet ;-)
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#231 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 8:27:26 AM(UTC)
I think we can safely assume that this is never going to be fixed now. It’s just too long and the complete silence suggests that it was indeed intentional. I can only assume it was intended to prevent people using low ranking boosters/blockers who then quit before the end.

Clearly, this can’t be a “fix” in FH5. If they do bring back RTA, how can this be addressed? One way would be by having a better ranking system that isn’t judged solely on whether your team wins or loses but on individual performance (would have to be judged only relative to the other team though to avoid team infighting). Secondly, it will need proper moderation of ramming/blocking, which seems to have been generally lacking this time around. With both those things in place, RTA should work next time around. Any other suggestions?

The alternative I guess is to abandon RTA entirely and just have FFA.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#232 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 4:57:35 AM(UTC)
They should have just made it so if anyone quits from the winning side points dont stick. Therefore it wouldnt be a complete waste of time for everyone putting in the work, fighting for the win. Its a real kick in the teeth to have somebody quit out from the losing side in the dying seconds. If this were the case those toxic quitters who abandon adventure as soon as they see opponents that they know they wont defeat couldnt effect the outcome by not even taking part in the game. Nowadays i come across too many high ranked players who arent really good at the game at all. They have clearly got there by relying on quitting. I miss how it used to be, if you did lose atleast you knew you could win back what you just lost in the next game you play.. Thesedays you could easily play 20+ games without seeing any points. Which has just escalated the problem. Coz why should i stay in on a loss when the player on the other team is well known for that behaviour?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#233 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 8:07:04 AM(UTC)
It's some AntiCheat? Think it works with small values but yeah its not my fault if it says qualified for league 10 and then adding >300 points in next race

The "Favored/Stacked" vs "Underdog/Weak" is bs. LowRanked are leaving and HighRanked are leaving too it's "cheaper" for a GM/HR to quit wich results in -60 only
Same for qualification no idea why unqualified ppl compete against/with ranked ppl there is always someone leaving.

It needs proper MatchMaking or diff PointSys, League vs League is better but creating matches with same league players results in longer waiting times so not a proper solution.
I like the TeamAdventures, maybe remove ghosting and add some penalty points for hitting other cars (take strength and increase penalty, or simply damage enabled) and some timer (1-3s) after ramming someone if the other car misses checkpoint in this period or leaves the road increase penalty points. Some repair time (5% damage == 15min lock or some rank related lockingtime if HR damages his car it needs more time to recover) if someone destroyed his car it is locked for 24h or more (mean all cars of same type to force ppl using diff type). In rl nobody damages his car 'wilful' and it brings better driving to multiplayer

"Wallcollision slowdown" must be removed also it's same **** , if you are in last pos and the slowdown kicks in there is no way to get better pos.
It's probably enough to have hitpenalty, full damage (more sensitive) and locked cars there is no need for slowdowns then and it shows diff cars in mp
Rank: Racing Permit
#234 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 12:46:59 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure if this would work with the current collision detection. There are so many synchronization failures that this is not possible.

Motorsport 7 shows how better synchronization is possible, but the space is also limited and not theoretically as huge as in FH4.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#235 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 2:27:37 PM(UTC)
But a fix is needed. Thread started 29.11.2019 !!!
Or some reset, its the exact value from last series so it must be stored somewhere



Update:
Ok, can confirm now that it doesn't count if someone leaves
Tried multiple things
...
Loosing: -16 Points it was reset to 2816 (some ppl left)
Loosing: -9 Points -> reset to 2816 (some ppl left)
Used Pause>Exit nothing was removed 2816
Loosing: everyone stayed -> it removed 301 Points (no idea if it removed extra points for quitting the other) = L10 2515
Loosing: -xx dropping to L11 24xx but 1 player quit -> resets to 2515

stopped there more testing ruins other ppls scores

1 of 10 without someone leaving with more tests it's maybe worse

The one that counted was 5vs4 - 6 players with X (not qualified), 1xL7, 1xL12 and me L9 (no reason for someone to leave)

Makes sense then if someone is leaving in quali it sets points to the value from last series
So it's by design not a bug

End Series as GM and on new quali hope someone leaves and you are GM again

Edited by user Wednesday, December 23, 2020 5:21:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#236 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 9:36:03 AM(UTC)
I'm constantly having an issue with my online adventure ranking. When I level up and want to play again the rank goes back to the previous score. I can't seem to find a way of fixing this. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

I don't know if I can attach a video here, so here you have a screenshot:
Screenshot

Ps. Sorry for any mistakes, I'm new here.
Rank: Racing Permit
#237 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 4:39:09 PM(UTC)
Just spent a couple of hours playing Ranked Team Adventure and had an issue where the team i was on Won the series and i got negative points and lost a ranking. How can that be when the team i was on won??? Utter madness.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#238 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2020 12:50:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Takahashi Kato Go to Quoted Post
I'm constantly having an issue with my online adventure ranking. When I level up and want to play again the rank goes back to the previous score. I can't seem to find a way of fixing this. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

I don't know if I can attach a video here, so here you have a screenshot:
Screenshot

Ps. Sorry for any mistakes, I'm new here.


That's the very reason of many pages on this topic. From what I understood, it has to do with people leaving. My guess is that if someone of your team leaves, the points are displayed but not applied. The idea could be preventing a team leader to ask teamates to leave to change the result board.

The very concept of getting an individual rank for a 'team' race which is expected to be fair is a question to me. Being a Gran Master of team racing supposes you have specific skills about racing as a team, what makes a good team racer that is additional to being a good solo racer ? Out of ramming and blocking other team, what is the added value of a good team racer that is not appearing in RFFA ?

Keeping the current mode and here comes again the same pattern of sharing improvements ideas for team racing that would never get read by the one that should ...
- Protect race leaders from point loss when they are first of their team ( avoid high ranked to leave just because of weak team / loss points despite having won all the races )
- Disqualify players more than 30s away from leader at the time leader passes finish line (different from DNF) to get players to play a minimum. More than needed considering qualification leads to players joining and just keeping connection active as no point loss possible.
- Block 30mn when leaving an adventure so that progress is not impacted by disconnection but leaving strategy kills a game session
- Replace leaving players by drivatars could also help to maintain a bit of balance and reduce some of the leaving strategy benefits
- FGS, ghost any collision lasting more than 0.5s to get rid of 99% of obvious boring ramming so that the game comes back to being about racing

Rank: Driver's Permit
#239 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 3:53:55 AM(UTC)
I win a ranked team race
My online rank shoots up
I go to start another race
My online rank is exactly the same as it was before I won

I can see there's loads of posts already about this, most of them from over a year ago, with people saying it's a known issue and the developers are working to resolve it. But obviously they aren't if it's still happening more than a year later. I have been stuck at 4184 points for like three days now. I just won five races in a row and my rank is still the same, that's what spurred me to post about it. What is even the point in playing ranked if the overwhelming likelihood is your rank isn't actually going to increase when you win?
It sucks enough already with people quitting all the time.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#240 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 4:04:40 AM(UTC)
Play FFA.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#241 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 4:18:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sublimerule Go to Quoted Post
I win a ranked team race
My online rank shoots up
I go to start another race
My online rank is exactly the same as it was before I won

I can see there's loads of posts already about this, most of them from over a year ago, with people saying it's a known issue and the developers are working to resolve it. But obviously they aren't if it's still happening more than a year later. I have been stuck at 4184 points for like three days now. I just won five races in a row and my rank is still the same, that's what spurred me to post about it. What is even the point in playing ranked if the overwhelming likelihood is your rank isn't actually going to increase when you win?
It sucks enough already with people quitting all the time.


Yesterday I reached grand master rank in RTA. It was very hard because I started to play one month ago starting from rank16 and for this reason it is still possible to reach GM even with this broken point system. For your information it is sufficient that one player leaves the adventure and the system doesn't assign point at the end of that adventure. In order to have points you have to win an adventures with the same players from the start to the end.
I also started playing FFA adventures, but I left it because it has a worse scoring system. Many times I have won all the races of an adventure with a big advantage over the other players but the system took away my points instead of give me points.

Edited by user Monday, January 4, 2021 4:28:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#242 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 4:31:28 AM(UTC)
Yeah I know it can go up. I see grandmasters all the time, and I have taken my rank from unranked to rank 4 over a couple of months. Man. People quit in basically every single event I play. I need to join a team, at least then I can depend on at least my team not to quit. Why is this allowed, how can they just leave it so broken?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#243 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 5:16:31 AM(UTC)
It’s terrible and pretty much every player who reaches GM nowadays will do so by themselves quitting whenever they might lose - not caring that they are adversely affecting players who might be playing fairly. You can tell this as most of them have records which are either heavily negative or no better than 50-50 wins/losses (quitting still shows as losses in the W-L figures). It should have been resolved as an absolute priority but I very much doubt it will be now.

If you want to reach GM at Team, you need to be prepared to game the system (cheat) by quitting whenever you will otherwise lose - affecting everyone you play against - and it’s still a massive grind as very few of your “wins” will count.

The only way to reach GM properly is to do it at FFA where points work properly (although Salfox is right that the point system is still flawed - once you get to high levels your point gain for wins is too small). You’ve got to be exceptionally good and prepared to grind a huge amount of adventures to do it.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#244 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 5:31:15 AM(UTC)
If you can't beat them, join them. I'm just going to disconnect every race I might lose now, if that's the only way I can increase my rank, and nobody else seems to care about quitting. I'm not grinding away hopelessly and getting no points for wins while accepting point losses for losing because I choose not to quit.
I guess this is the type of gameplay the devs are happy to encourage.
I'll play FFA as soon as I get GM on team adventure, until then, roll on the disconnects.

Edited by user Monday, January 4, 2021 5:32:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#245 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 5:38:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
It’s terrible and pretty much every player who reaches GM nowadays will do so by themselves quitting whenever they might lose - not caring that they are adversely affecting players who might be playing fairly. You can tell this as most of them have records which are either heavily negative or no better than 50-50 wins/losses (quitting still shows as losses in the W-L figures). It should have been resolved as an absolute priority but I very much doubt it will be now.

I just checked the team racing leaderboard and see what you mean... there are people ranked 4992 - 4995 with stats like 138-140, 100-173, 79-129 and 148-190. That's pretty sad. I mean if you had stats like that in FFA, your rank would be in the toilet and rightly so.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#246 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 5:39:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sublimerule Go to Quoted Post
If you can't beat them, join them. I'm just going to disconnect every race I might lose now, if that's the only way I can increase my rank, and nobody else seems to care about quitting. I'm not grinding away hopelessly and getting no points for wins while accepting point losses for losing because I choose not to quit.
I guess this is the type of gameplay the devs are happy to encourage.
I'll play FFA as soon as I get GM on team adventure, until then, roll on the disconnects.


If you don't earn GM at FFA then you haven't really earned it at all... just imho.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#247 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 6:03:20 AM(UTC)
I don't have the patience, now I know if anyone quits I get nothing. No one really 'earns' it the way it is intended to be earned because the system is so broken. I could have earned it many times by now if I actually received the points I should get for winning. At least now I can save time by just quitting as soon as somebody ekse quits, it's not like it makes any difference to the rest of the players since they are already getting nothing
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#248 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 6:06:16 AM(UTC)
Yes, what are people actually gaining by cheating their way to GM at Team? A cap and quickchat phrase? There can’t be any sense of achievement.

The OP’s teams have won 40% of their Team Adventures this month. It’s not exactly a stat which suggests being held back by the ranking system.

Edit - I’m not having a go at the OP by the way. The frustration with a broken system is entirely understandable. I’m just struggling to see why you would waste hours to achieve nothing.

Edited by user Monday, January 4, 2021 6:13:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#249 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 6:21:08 AM(UTC)
I finish top three in the majority of races I play now. But I have been staying connected for all of my losses, I don't usually quit for being on a losing team. When I first started I was awful and came last 3 basically every race. I am only recently at a point where I have all the cars and the tunes I want for each season/track. You're free to believe I'm a rampant cheat, though, can't say I blame you seeing as the overwhelming majority of players online are.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#250 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 6:51:08 AM(UTC)
Just to be clear, I don’t think you’ve cheated to get where you’ve got to and that sounds like really good progress. My comment was that I regard quitting any adventure where you will lose as cheating so, if you go from League 4 to GM by doing so, i wouldn’t regard that as an achievement. A large proportion of GMs at Team wouldn’t get within 10 seconds of the best drivers so what’s the point in them holding that rank?

If you do want to get better, I’d suggest visiting our Rivals Challenge thread. That’s definitely how I found I improved most, chasing top drivers’ ghosts and learning the best lines.

12 Pages<<89101112PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error