This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
44 Pages<<41424344PrevNext
#1051 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:58:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
Is there anyway to know where the "finish line" is going to be? In the head to head races I typically just run head on into my opponent making up both stop before the race starts, or make sure I am heading in the same direction as them, this usually works okay. Sometimes though we end up in a race that is less than a mile long and I am pointing the wrong direction, which pretty much guarantees a loss.

In the final show down they give you 30 seconds to "prepare" for the race, but I have no idea which direction I need to be heading.

If you play enough you get a feel for common end points, or at least a direction you’re likely to need to go for H2H. Knowing where you are in relation to the circle helps. Finals have some common end points but even then they sometimes vary between a few and if you guess wrong you’re pretty well out of it.
#1052 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:01:23 AM(UTC)
You know there are a number of things I overlook while playing this mode but the level 7 Alfa 4C is a travesty. Cars 1, 2 and even 3 levels lower than it can outrun it which shouldnt be the case. Just replace the 4C with the 8C or at least add more power. The engine is already too small to be a level 7 anyway. If you dont wanna swap in the 8C vehicle...at least put the 8C engine in the 4C to make it fair
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#1053 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:39:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
You know there are a number of things I overlook while playing this mode but the level 7 Alfa 4C is a travesty. Cars 1, 2 and even 3 levels lower than it can outrun it which shouldnt be the case. Just replace the 4C with the 8C or at least add more power. The engine is already too small to be a level 7 anyway. If you dont wanna swap in the 8C vehicle...at least put the 8C engine in the 4C to make it fair

The level 7 Porsche is also slow AF
 2 users liked this post.
#1054 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:42:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiratePenguin11 Go to Quoted Post

The level 7 Porsche is also slow AF

And the 199 Subaru...great suspension...terrible power

#1055 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 1:25:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
I hate the wait, too.............
.......... Thats when i realized 1) my internet isnt as fast as i thought.....
OK, I can see what you mean there regarding different players internet speeds, but it's hard to ignore all the other instances where they've baked in time wasting throughout the whole game in single player mode where syncing other peoples internet connections isn't a thing.

Like backing out of certain menus that take four or five back button presses, when there could be an additional short-cut back to the main menu or when changing a car from the pause menu when it asks you if you want a 50/50 or to phone a friend before delivering the car.

Plus, there's tons of other little wastes of time that could have been optimised to make menu hopping and general movement around the game more efficient and fluid.

I still think all players should be automatically allocated the mini without having to press to select as it seems utterly pointless.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hear you... I was remarking a few moments ago about my aggravation over the length of time it takes just to go into My Cars (garage). And I get what you're saying regarding the Mini screen; perhaps it was determined a useless action screen would be preferable to yet another loading/wait screen in it's place...🤷🏻‍♂️
Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#1056 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 4:11:03 AM(UTC)
Thanks a lot PG for forcing me to play this mode created for.... I don't really know who...... in order to unlock the 2 exclusive cars.

Had no fun at all, and wouldn't want to come here to grunt at all if i was not pushed to in the first place.

No Skill involved
- Luck Drop
- Luck opponent (Oh no he found a level 6 car yet i didn't find anything so i'm basically screwed)
- Luck Head to Head finish point (oh no it started right behind me, and started right in front of my opponent !)
- Luck Final Showdown (freedom rush, what do you expect ?)
- Luck Luck Luck

No, being veteran enough to predict the final showdown finish point is not a skill
No, being veteran enough to predict the car drops points is not a skill

So i just spent around 20-30 games basically running around purple circle with mini, hiding, not racing, not having fun at all (because even as a battle royal standard, this is a very bad one), to finish between 1 to 5th and get the 50 000- 30 000pts.

Thank you modern games to force us to play the way you want us to play.

I know i'm late to the party, but video games are meants to give you either joy/pleasure or challenge or these 2 combined.
These new "features" don't have any of that.

Edited by user Friday, May 1, 2020 6:32:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1057 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 2:37:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post
Thanks a lot PG for forcing me to play this mode created for.... I don't really know who...... in order to unlock the 2 exclusive cars.
I felt the same when "The Eliminator" was first announced as I dislike online gaming with a passion, but, it actually grew on me!

I said to myself early doors that I'll not bother with The Eliminator after getting the achievements.

Except, here I am months later and that's all I play almost every day after completing the new season each Thursday.

Racked up over 115 wins now, which is not a lot by some people's standard (DaReoCharmer, I'm looking at you), but I got really frustrated with The Eliminator in the beginning for the exact same reasons you point out (wrong car, wrong direction etc).

I just felt I never caught a break, but I just think it's more to do with some players pick up where the important H2H and Final finish locations are quicker than others, Rain Man style, if you like.

But I play it by my own rules now.

* If I haven't got a L5+ car within a minute, I quit and restart!
* If I'm challenged by a Mini, when I'm in the Mini, I quit and restart!
* If The Eliminator starts at night, I quit and restart!
* If challenged to a H2H and it's a sure fire loss, I quit and restart!
* If starting the Final Race and in 12th place at the furthest point from the finish, yes, you guessed it!

I have a few more rules to play by, that's what enabled me to get a few wins.

Also, another tip would be to find a good spot where there are normally a lot of car drops at the start of the game.

Get a good off-road car! I use the Lancia Evo Integrale with my own maxed out S2 tune and it is a dream to drive and handle cross country really well.

Then just bomb across country back to your favourite start location between sessions of The Eliminator.

You obviously won't make it all the way back all of the time, but it's a good way to discover the landscape and find little short-cuts.

Not for everyone, but it takes all sorts

Edited by user Friday, May 1, 2020 2:40:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1058 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 5:32:35 PM(UTC)
I've loved this mode from the beginning but it seriously needs improvements. Certain cars shouldn't be at the levels they are & the rollovers should not be ignored...it feels like a loss anytime it happens, not hyperbole. Each time it happens, I feel like quitting right then and there. The times aren't consistent with when they reset, sometimes you even land on the wheels and STILL get reset. I can deal with the bad tunes or non-tunes but the rollovers are wearing my patience very very thin.

4 users liked this post.
#1059 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 2:59:21 PM(UTC)
...........& the rollovers should not be ignored...

They are literally the worst thing and when travelling cross country most of the time in this mode, it is inevitable you will roll at some point, so there should be a reset button similar to the "stranded on a rock" scenario or just "let it roll" for longer, as most times your car will end up right-side up, which is more preferable to being reset half a mile back from where you were. #poilmybiss

Edited by user Saturday, May 2, 2020 3:00:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1060 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:11:21 AM(UTC)
I missed the Forza monthly or whatever they call it yesterday. I assume no mention of fixes for Eliminator?
#1061 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 9:14:02 AM(UTC)
I missed the Forza monthly or whatever they call it yesterday. I assume no mention of fixes for Eliminator?

NOPE! No new cars and they dont seem to care about these stupid annoying rollover physics. I swear every time I lose a head to head its because of a rollover...i'm beyond sick of it at this point.

#1062 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:35:19 AM(UTC)

NOPE! No new cars and they dont seem to care about these stupid annoying rollover physics. I swear every time I lose a head to head its because of a rollover...i'm beyond sick of it at this point.

It really should be an option, tired of the game interfering with me while off-roading and running up/down some hills.
#1063 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:18:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

It really should be an option, tired of the game interfering with me while off-roading and running up/down some hills.

Yeah i'm over it. It infuriates me so much...if I rollover in the final, I just quit. I'm not even gonna let it upset me anymore.

1 user liked this post.
#1064 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2020 1:20:42 PM(UTC)
Anyone else missing the position marker in H2Hs and the final race (1/2, 1/12 etc)?

Never mind, I'd turned of "Lap Time & Position" in "HUD & Gameplay Settings"

Edited by user Wednesday, May 13, 2020 1:24:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1065 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 6:49:06 PM(UTC)
Hey PG, since the biggest issue of eliminator can't be fixed (rollover rate), can you guys at least look into putting up the winner and the car they won in? I'd like to know who and what I lost to and it would be fun to let others know I DIDN'T win in a level 10.

3 users liked this post.
#1066 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 6:33:26 AM(UTC)
They have to fix the fact that if you click the Eliminator tile by accident there's no way to back out. The tiles are set up so weird it's easy to select the wrong one by accident and you can't do anything else after you click it but wait for a game to start. Usually takes anywhere from 5-8 minutes before it starts so you can quit. I hate the game mode and don't play often as it's really annoying. I usually do anything it takes to get new cars but playing this to level 24 to get the Cougar probably isn't in the cards for me.

#1067 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
Yup would be great to have cancel eliminator matching, as I did hit it accidently a few times, once I did play it, next time I just went into hiding in one of my houses.
I played it at the start, stayed at the back and 29 matches was enough to complete that card, not so sure if you can do it that way nowadays.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#1068 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:34:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
The tiles are set up so weird it's easy to select the wrong one by accident
I have hated the way the tiles are set up since day one! Lost count of the times I've selected the wrong one. especially when I've presses right and select, but must've been slightly up/right and actually selected the wrong tile. Infuriating!

I've always thought the all the inactive tiles should be greyed out until selected.

But let's not fool ourselves, things like are at the core of the game and will never/can never be changed.
#1069 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 12:07:12 PM(UTC)
But you can cancel matchmaking, I do it all the time. The easiest way is to click on the button again and it will ask you do you want to cancel. The other way is to stay in the menu until the timer runs out

1 user liked this post.
#1070 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 12:14:45 PM(UTC)
Is anyone else having trouble finding car drops in the usual locations?

Since the previous monthly update (when they removed a few cars and added some worse ones), there seems to have been a dramatic decrease in the amount of car drops that are available.

I just cannot seem to find as many as I use to able to.

My preferred starting points are always on the outskirts of the map, so I work my way to the centre and used always be quite a few, from as few as four car drops to as many as seven.

I have just restated The Eliminator in the same area 5 times in succession and not one car drop within a minutes drive.

This is ridiculous as I hate driving around in anything less than level 5 or 6 and have normally got a car drop of at least level 5 within a minute.

I normally quit after a minute if I haven't found a worthy upgrade, but decided to see how bad it was tonight and drove from "Arthur's Seat" to the "Derwent Reservoir Dam" and came across, and I'm not joking, one car drop, which was a L2 Galant near the airstrip. That is a long way! to only see one car drop!

As it happened, I eventually found the White level 4 Mitsubishi and came 1st against 5 rivals (must've got a lucky start).

Saying that, it's starting to get monotonous driving around in that 65 Mini!

Also, when I do come across a level 4 car drop, why is it that Mini X-Raid 75% of the time.

Whilst driving around in a few days ago I came across no less than 4 Mini X-Raid within two minutes and didn't see another car drop in between!

That car is an absolute piece of junk as well and I actually preferred the much maligned MB6x6 that it replaced.

Rant over! :)

Edited by user Sunday, May 17, 2020 1:44:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1071 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 12:52:26 PM(UTC)
But you can cancel matchmaking, I do it all the time. The easiest way is to click on the button again and it will ask you do you want to cancel. The other way is to stay in the menu until the timer runs out
I bet you just made someone kick himself for wasting so much time by not knowing that! LOL

Edited by user Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:04:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1072 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 1:13:37 PM(UTC)
Why does Lego marker show up on online modes now? Did the new patch bring this in? It's annoying to see in Eliminator and even Playground Games. Can't turn it off either.
#1073 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:01:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
I bet you just made some kick himself for wasting so much time by not knowing that! LOL

😁😁😁😁😁

1 user liked this post.
#1074 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:09:24 PM(UTC)
Thought I'd been cheated in a H2H.

Crossed the line in 1st, then the "FINISHED IN 12TH PLACE! message popped up.

https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=154617588

Could you get any closer?

If only I hadn't clipped that wall right before the countdown started!

Didn't even see the race ending countdown until I re-watched the clip despite it being in huge letters across the screen!

Talk about tunnel vision!

Edited by user Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:11:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1075 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 3:02:47 PM(UTC)

There is no timer in the menu, just a message. I've tried hiding in the menu waiting for it to go away but it never does and the second I exit the menu it's setting up a match.

44 Pages<<41424344PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error