This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
44 Pages<<4041424344PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1026 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:28:52 AM(UTC)
No love for us this update. Some good cars removed, no replacements, no fix for the car flipping/resetting, no fix for the giant font blocking vision all the time, etc. Yay.
#1027 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:16:20 AM(UTC)
Yep this mode is essentially broken now, same as ranked play with points not saving.

I guess I'll just mostly stick to rivals and the weekly events.
#1028 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:27:33 PM(UTC)
I thought the taxi got voted out but it just beat in a final! How did that happen??
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#1029 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 7:43:08 AM(UTC)
I got a drop for a 6x6, too.

I also somehow lost a h2h to a ghost. I was showing 1/2 the whole way, crossed the finish with the other car not even on my radar, the waiting results pops up, and says I’ve been eliminated by the other guy. Good job.
#1030 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:10:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I thought the taxi got voted out but it just beat in a final! How did that happen??
Yup! I saw it listed in the opponent upgrade on the left of the screen. Very weird!

#1031 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:26:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiratePenguin11 Go to Quoted Post
I got a drop for a 6x6, too.

I also somehow lost a h2h to a ghost. I was showing 1/2 the whole way, crossed the finish with the other car not even on my radar, the waiting results pops up, and says I’ve been eliminated by the other guy. Good job.

Happened to me a few times. Not surprised to hear it isn't fixed.
#1032 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:48:07 AM(UTC)
This last update has broken The Eliminator to the point it is no fun any more!

1. Car Reset Seems Worse.
2. Less Car Drops
3. More Low Value Car Drops
4. More Disconnections
5. "Removed" Cars Appearing In Car Drops
6. Taking 10 minutes to find an Eliminator session.
7. Pause menu inactive, but car still drivable in freeroam.
8. Getting disconnected soon after progressing up to a level 9/10 car
9. Anything Else Anyone?

Does anyone else get fed up of driving around looking for car drops since the update?

I used to give running the Mini up to a minute until I found a decent level car (5 or 6) before quitting a starting a new session.

Since the update, I seem to be driving around for a lot longer and finding nothing. When I do come across a car drop, it's a level 2 or 3 and on a rare occasion a 4.

Why can't they just leave things that mostly work instead of "improving" the game and making so it mostly doesn't work?

Basically, they've spoiled it IMHO!

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:25:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#1033 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 7:24:17 AM(UTC)
I really really hate the rollovers in this game. I wish they could make them less likely to happen altogether. There is only one thing that has beaten me more than any other player in this mode: rollovers!! That goes for finals and H2Hs...they happen way too frequently

3 users liked this post.
#1034 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:46:40 AM(UTC)
They’d be ok if not for the snap reset even when you are back on all wheels again.
 3 users liked this post.
#1035 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiratePenguin11 Go to Quoted Post
They’d be ok if not for the snap reset even when you are back on all wheels again.

That also happens alot...give a button to flip the car over or at least in air controls! At least we'd have a chance to land properly

2 users liked this post.
#1036 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:25:49 AM(UTC)
The Eliminator is really starting to get on my nerves lately!

I've never been one for Battle Royale type games in general and wasn't looking forward to it when first announced, but it actually won me over after playing it for a little while when it first came out.

I actually enjoyed it that much, I've played it every day since it came out and it's the only thing I do in FH4 now after completing the seasonal objectives each Thursday.

Well, I should say I used to enjoy it!

Since the last update, it there seems to be a lot of driving around in the base Mini, with a distinct lack of car drops and also a lot less mid-level cars compared to how it was before.

I don't know if this is intentional by the developers or a residual effect of removing the cars from each class, but The Eliminator is just no fun any more.

I know it's bad, because I normally quit and start again if I haven't found a decent upgrade with a couple of minutes, but only ever had to quit occasionally.

Since the update, I've found myself quitting a lot more and have even found myself on occasion driving the mini for like five minutes without as much as a level 2 car drop.

This is following my regular route which used to throw up at least ten car drops before the update.

Anyone else experienced this lack of car drops?

Also, is it me or are the cars flipping over a lot easier than they used to?
 2 users liked this post.
#1037 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:47:30 AM(UTC)
I'll drop some very good advice to other players...

If you have a choice to upgrade your car as the final begins...

DECLINE, DECLINE, DECLINE!!

I just lost a final because it took 10 seconds of the 30 second countdown and that literally put me behind everyone by 6 or 7 seconds. Lost by 2 seconds, the slow upgrade made the difference. Just don't do it!

4 users liked this post.
#1038 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 8:32:29 AM(UTC)
I wish they would do away with the mini selection screen!

What is the point, when it's the only ONE car to choose from?

Originally, I thought they were going to add more cars to the L1 selection, which would have been fair enough, but they haven't after several months, so doubt they will now.

It seems like PG just love to bake-in wasted time wherever they can instead of making the UI more efficient and fluid.

Have they not heard the phrase work smarter, not harder?

I could probably note between 5-10+ places within the the FH4 UI where there unnecessary button presses or menu hops that baked-in, that could be removed in order to streamline the user experience and make everything more efficient.

For instance, they should remove the L1 selection as there is no point in it being there as there is only one car.

Secondly they should do away with the start location selector!

If players want to start from a certain location, they can either drive there or fast travel there before the next Eliminator session begins.

This would allow the Eliminator session to start immediately instead of everyone waiting for everyone else to to be ready before the session starts.
#1039 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 11:24:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post

Originally, I thought they were going to add more cars to the L1 selection, which would have been fair enough, but they haven't after several months, so doubt they will now.

It seems like PG just love to bake-in wasted time wherever they can instead of making the UI more efficient and fluid.

I could probably note between 5-10+ places within the the FH4 UI where there unnecessary button presses or menu hops that baked-in, that could be removed in order to streamline the user experience and make everything more efficient.

For instance, they should remove the L1 selection as there is no point in it being there as there is only one car.

If players want to start from a certain location, they can either drive there or fast travel there before the next Eliminator session begins.

This would allow the Eliminator session to start immediately instead of everyone waiting for everyone else to to be ready before the session starts.

The car select is probably a program requirement - coding around it would probably take forever and not be worth it (and probably open up new glitches).

I disagree on the select. It also shows the starting circle which you wouldn’t have just driving somewhere before the start.

I’d love to know how many finishes we get in each place in the finals. I know I have 45 wins, but I swear I must have 100+ second place finishes.
#1040 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 4:00:39 PM(UTC)

Agreed! I'd love more level 1s, even if they are RWD. I enjoy the mini but not that much

#1041 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 3:03:38 AM(UTC)

Not related to Eliminator but one of the times this grates with me is when you fast travel to an event, after the loading takes place you are put back to free roam but it takes nearly four seconds before you are allowed to actually press anything. You have to sit and watch a four second slow transition of the camera panning round to your car and then the HUD returns and the button prompts appear. This 'baked-in' delay can be longer than the actual loading time (on PC with SSD).

People might say 'what? it's only four seconds, are you in that much of a rush?' but for some things a few seconds can be very noticeable.

Imagine if you walked into a dark room and went to press the light switch, but you have to wait four seconds before it responds. Or if you get in your car, put the key in the ignition, but have to wait four seconds before you are allowed to turn it. Nobody would tolerate those things, it would be highly irritating. So why these stupid baked-in delays in this game? The sluggishness, the slow fades, it's like they don't want it to be snappy and responsive.

The new Xbox console coming out this year is slated to be super fast in all respects, but if these developers adopt the same philosophy, the loading times and responsiveness of FH5 will still be bad, because they apparently want it that way.

Edited by user Monday, April 20, 2020 3:05:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1042 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 3:47:30 AM(UTC)
I don't remember but was the lv6 2013 Audi RS 4 Avant always available for Eliminator?

Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Imagine if you walked into a dark room and went to press the light switch, but you have to wait four seconds before it responds. Or if you get in your car, put the key in the ignition, but have to wait four seconds before you are allowed to turn it. Nobody would tolerate those things, it would be highly irritating. So why these stupid baked-in delays in this game? The sluggishness, the slow fades, it's like they don't want it to be snappy and responsive.

It's funny how we sometimes lost our patience for small things while we are perfectly fine with others. We can wait patiently for the hot water to come out of the shower or for a coffee to be delivered from a vendor machine. But will lose our mind over 4 seconds when starting a car or turning on the lights.

1 user liked this post.
#1043 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 4:28:06 AM(UTC)

The 'redundant' or seemingly unnecessary pre-event screens are built-into allow for the potential syncing of various internet speeds so that players all begin the event at the same time. The same happens during online adventures, except it's less subtle with the progress message in the lower right-hand corner. Why on Earth would anyone want to play an event where the clock starts counting down and those with faster internet get to a head start just because they can while you wait get loaded into the session? You get dumped into the session but Suprise! there's DaReo already in an upgraded Porsche Macan waiting to make short work of your Mini. Or imagine joining a ranked online adventure race already in progress? Your Nova FE or meta of choice is ready to go, but turns out the race began 90 seconds before you even saw your car. Good luck with that ranking! Now how does any of that seem fair or fun?
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#1044 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:14:40 AM(UTC)
So is this mode much different from when it first released? I liked it but I still don't think it belongs in the game.

Also I won't be able to discuss any issue, I'm under moderation and I'm sure it's pure coincidence that any post where I'm criticising the game or PG never makes it through....
#1045 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 5:43:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

The 'redundant' or seemingly unnecessary pre-event screens are built-into allow for the potential syncing of various internet speeds so that players all begin the event at the same time. ...

We aren't talking about the same thing.

For the UI responsiveness discussion, head to this thread.
 2 users liked this post.
#1046 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 6:27:15 AM(UTC)

The 'redundant' or seemingly unnecessary pre-event screens are built-into allow for the potential syncing of various internet speeds so that players all begin the event at the same time. The same happens during online adventures, except it's less subtle with the progress message in the lower right-hand corner. Why on Earth would anyone want to play an event where the clock starts counting down and those with faster internet get to a head start just because they can while you wait get loaded into the session? You get dumped into the session but Suprise! there's DaReo already in an upgraded Porsche Macan waiting to make short work of your Mini. Or imagine joining a ranked online adventure race already in progress? Your Nova FE or meta of choice is ready to go, but turns out the race began 90 seconds before you even saw your car. Good luck with that ranking! Now how does any of that seem fair or fun?

I fully understand FN's stance but I get sick of waiting around to choose a car when it's literally the only car available to start in BUT when you explain it that way, it makes a ton of sense. Syncing issues! Yes #STR3LA the RS4 has been there since day one. I hate it and love it. I enjoy the power but that one and the level 7 RS6 are amazingly terrible offroad.

Personally I'm fairly confident all the gearing on these cars drop too far out of peak power until you get to your 2 top gears which sometimes makes shifting up a catch 22. You probably spend more time climbing to reach peak power opposed to staying in peak power and overrevving before power starts to drop

2 users liked this post.
#1047 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 8:33:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I fully understand FN's stance but I get sick of waiting around to choose a car when it's literally the only car available to start in BUT when you explain it that way, it makes a ton of sense. Syncing issues! Yes #STR3LA the RS4 has been there since day one. I hate it and love it. I enjoy the power but that one and the level 7 RS6 are amazingly terrible offroad.

Personally I'm fairly confident all the gearing on these cars drop too far out of peak power until you get to your 2 top gears which sometimes makes shifting up a catch 22. You probably spend more time climbing to reach peak power opposed to staying in peak power and overrevving before power starts to drop

I hate the wait, too, but it was during waiting for the next ranked team adventure the other night with clubmates when i noticed the same one or two people would comment about the next event ("oh no, s2 street winter again!") while my screen was still doing the weird pan and zoom move by my drivatar as he walks back to the car, sometimes even before that, while i'm still collecting rewards. Thats when i realized 1) my internet isnt as fast as i thought, 2) Denmark's internet must be super-fast and awesome 3) all said screens deemed 'unnecessary' and too time consuming are there for a reason (and apparently for MY benefit due to what must be dial-up-like internet speed).
 1 user liked this post.
#1048 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 8:35:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post

The 'redundant' or seemingly unnecessary pre-event screens are built-into allow for the potential syncing of various internet speeds so that players all begin the event at the same time. ...

We aren't talking about the same thing.

For the UI responsiveness discussion, head to this thread.

What's this 'we' stuff? I wasn't talking to you here about this. You might want to give the forum posting a little rest because youre confusing your thread activity.
 3 users liked this post.
#1049 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 3:47:33 PM(UTC)
I hate the wait, too.............
.......... Thats when i realized 1) my internet isnt as fast as i thought.....
OK, I can see what you mean there regarding different players internet speeds, but it's hard to ignore all the other instances where they've baked in time wasting throughout the whole game in single player mode where syncing other peoples internet connections isn't a thing.

Like backing out of certain menus that take four or five back button presses, when there could be an additional short-cut back to the main menu or when changing a car from the pause menu when it asks you if you want a 50/50 or to phone a friend before delivering the car.

Plus, there's tons of other little wastes of time that could have been optimised to make menu hopping and general movement around the game more efficient and fluid.

I still think all players should be automatically allocated the mini without having to press to select as it seems utterly pointless.

#1050 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:26:51 AM(UTC)
Is there anyway to know where the "finish line" is going to be? In the head to head races I typically just run head on into my opponent making up both stop before the race starts, or make sure I am heading in the same direction as them, this usually works okay. Sometimes though we end up in a race that is less than a mile long and I am pointing the wrong direction, which pretty much guarantees a loss.

In the final show down they give you 30 seconds to "prepare" for the race, but I have no idea which direction I need to be heading.
44 Pages<<4041424344PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error