This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
44 Pages<<3940414243>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#1001 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 2:39:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VanquishedAgain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Just played it for the first time in months. Forgot how utterly garbage this is... can someone please explain to me why there still isn't a convoy play option.

Sure, because it would be easy to abuse and result in teaming.

So make it a team game then... like all the other battle royal games. Or, who cares. Someone is going to have to win so who cares if people are in a convoy.

It's not an acceptable explanation. The game mode is literally DOA becauae nobody plays it. Idk about you but I rarely play xbox without friends...

It's not DOA, it's always been active when I've played it, which I've done a lot.

If you want team games there are plenty of team modes in this game already?
#1002 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 2:50:30 PM(UTC)
Just played it for the first time in months. Forgot how utterly garbage this is... can someone please explain to me why there still isn't a convoy play option.

So make it a team game then... like all the other battle royal games. Or, who cares. Someone is going to have to win so who cares if people are in a convoy.

It's not an acceptable explanation. The game mode is literally DOA becauae nobody plays it. Idk about you but I rarely play xbox without friends...

It's not DOA, it's always been active when I've played it, which I've done a lot.

Actually there aren't. And again, that's not even remotely a viable excuse. There is only one mode like this and it's not team based. The game has plenty of flaws and this game mode more than the rest. The fact that I cant even play ranked anymore because it always matches me and my 1 or 2 buddies up with a team of terrible racers who cause us to lose even when we all finish in top 4 is bad enough. But yes, eliminator is dead, only 40 players in my session when I tried it the other day.
Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
 2 users liked this post.
#1003 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 2:56:42 PM(UTC)

Actually there aren't. And again, that's not even remotely a viable excuse. There is only one mode like this and it's not team based. The game has plenty of flaws and this game mode more than the rest. The fact that I cant even play ranked anymore because it always matches me and my 1 or 2 buddies up with a team of terrible racers who cause us to lose even when we all finish in top 4 is bad enough. But yes, eliminator is dead, only 40 players in my session when I tried it the other day.

40 people means its still live and not DOA....maybe not to your standards but people still play no matter how high or low the numbers are. Cant argue a fact...
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
User is suspended until 6/21/2020 1:41:45 AM(UTC)
#1004 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:02:03 AM(UTC)
I bet they only play it to get that !@$%$ Mercury Cougar and the 911 PO...otherwise the game is utter garbo. Shame PG is putting rare/exclusive cars into an online grind. I would much rather spend 2x the time against unbeatable Drivatars than having to playing against humans.
This, to me, is the biggest issue with the Horizon series, making you obliged to play against humans to be able to gain all cars / bonuses.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:21:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1005 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:34:02 AM(UTC)
Its not my cup of tea also, but somehow it wasn't too bad to suffer trough 30 rounds, to max it and getting both cars along the way. Ow and 31st was done by mistake - miss click.

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#1006 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:10:46 PM(UTC)
We played nonstop until they fixed the glitch that let me play with friends... I win it twice, it was kind of fun. But I'm not gonna sit there and play a half hour by myself.
Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
 5 users liked this post.
#1007 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:17:09 AM(UTC)
So don’t play. It isn’t for you. That’s fine. Some of us enjoy it. Outside of the weekly events I pretty much only play Eliminator now. I enjoy it.
 3 users liked this post.
#1008 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:00:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiratePenguin11 Go to Quoted Post
So don’t play. It isn’t for you. That’s fine. Some of us enjoy it. Outside of the weekly events I pretty much only play Eliminator now. I enjoy it.

Same! Nothing left for me to gain from playing ranked and it's on a level of stress from 1-10, eliminator is 0 and ranked on that same scale is 15. It's just something to do to help pass the time.

#1009 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 12:43:54 PM(UTC)
https://gfycat.com/teemingoldfashioneddonkey

I had beaten a player [Mod Edit - don't use the forum to name/shame other players - MM] in a car a few levels lower than his only to have the game hang and freeze on the results text as he disappeared from the lobby. (shown above)

After this I couldn't start 1v1's with other players or be attacked at all which felt unfair to me and other players in the lobby so I held back during the final race. I'm not sure how he disconnected during the results screen but this might be easily replicable and ruin the mode for a lot of players.

[Mod Edit - if you have an issue with the game not working as intended, submit a ticket via support.forzamotorsport.net to report it to the developers - MM]

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:12:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#1010 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:51:41 AM(UTC)
A fun thing happened tonight. I was way outside the circle in my starter Mini so I made my way into the centre circles, not picking up any drop cars as I'm only down to the last 2 Achievos. I managed to miss all other cars until the last 14. Here I am scrambling to get out of the way of everyone else when I see this low slung car trailing me on the road from behind. As it gets closer I see that it is a Level 10 Reventon. I'm done for! He closes in, beeps the horn, hangs back a bit, such a sporting gesture, I'm weaving a little bit but he soon zooms by. He takes the road, I take the valley and hill near the top of the lake. He's nearly there, I come down the hill, he has overshot the target and is turning around, all I have to do is crash through the stone wall.........

I get there first........I take his Level 10 Reventon with my 65 Mini........I am the giant killer.....

But I still didn't win and get my last 2 Achievos...........the lows, the highs and the lows.....
HSV
I just want one!
#1011 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:53:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MlZUTSUNE Go to Quoted Post
https://gfycat.com/teemingoldfashioneddonkey

I had beaten a player [Mod Edit - don't use the forum to name/shame other players - MM] in a car a few levels lower than his only to have the game hang and freeze on the results text as he disappeared from the lobby. (shown above)

After this I couldn't start 1v1's with other players or be attacked at all which felt unfair to me and other players in the lobby so I held back during the final race. I'm not sure how he disconnected during the results screen but this might be easily replicable and ruin the mode for a lot of players.

[Mod Edit - if you have an issue with the game not working as intended, submit a ticket via support.forzamotorsport.net to report it to the developers - MM]

Weird, never seen that bug before. I've seen a few weird and rare ones but not that one.

It doesn't necessarily mean the other player had anything to do with it though.
#1012 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:48:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HSV4ME Go to Quoted Post
A fun thing happened tonight. I was way outside the circle in my starter Mini so I made my way into the centre circles, not picking up any drop cars as I'm only down to the last 2 Achievos. I managed to miss all other cars until the last 14. Here I am scrambling to get out of the way of everyone else when I see this low slung car trailing me on the road from behind. As it gets closer I see that it is a Level 10 Reventon. I'm done for! He closes in, beeps the horn, hangs back a bit, such a sporting gesture, I'm weaving a little bit but he soon zooms by. He takes the road, I take the valley and hill near the top of the lake. He's nearly there, I come down the hill, he has overshot the target and is turning around, all I have to do is crash through the stone wall.........

I get there first........I take his Level 10 Reventon with my 65 Mini........I am the giant killer.....

But I still didn't win and get my last 2 Achievos...........the lows, the highs and the lows.....

Aventador! No Reventon around...

1 user liked this post.
#1013 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:58:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Ok I stand corrected by the Master, I was excited to beat a Level 10, they are both similar, sort of.....
HSV
I just want one!
#1014 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 12:12:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HSV4ME Go to Quoted Post

Ok I stand corrected by the Master, I was excited to beat a Level 10, they are both similar, sort of.....

Personally I think I would prefer the Reventon because that level 10 handles horribly

#1015 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 12:44:44 PM(UTC)
Anyone else seeing trend of markedly LESS car drops?

How is that affecting your game play?

I have played Eliminator a lot, but trend on the casual side of gaming in general. Not enjoying the game nearly as much now that car drops are drying up.

If the intended goal is to engage more head-to-heads, then sessions need to be longer. 2,3, and 4 cars can OFTEN be beaten by the 1-level Mini. Slogging up to a decent level car via head-to-heads takes more time than we have...

Thoughts ?
#1016 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 5:30:36 PM(UTC)
I start a head to head, other racer goes who knows where, I get to the finish line but it doesn’t trigger, a blue circle line marker comes on the map, but the map is literally telling me I’m at the finish line, so it times out and I get eliminated? Kind of a crock of **** but okay. Watch the video on my recordings on Xbox.
 4 users liked this post.
#1017 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:36:46 AM(UTC)
So how worried are we that Turn10 is going to actually follow through on the Twitter polls to eliminate most of the good cars in most levels and leave only the **** behind because most voters were idiots or don’t actually play E!?
#1018 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:46:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PiratePenguin11 Go to Quoted Post
So how worried are we that Turn10 is going to actually follow through on the Twitter polls to eliminate most of the good cars in most levels and leave only the **** behind because most voters were idiots or don’t actually play E!?

Not concerned. I'm not on Twitter, but jumped over to see what it was looking like. Looks like cars people were complaining about were the ones I'd like to see go.
#1019 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:01:25 AM(UTC)

40 people means its still live and not DOA....maybe not to your standards but people still play no matter how high or low the numbers are. Cant argue a fact...

1. LOTS of people play xbox solo.

2. Depending on when you play the session limit is low 50s or low 70s. (I like the sessions better with 50-ish players than with 70).
Not seeing much of a drop off, and still 50-ish per session even in the wee hours of the morning. (I'm a night owl).
Eliminator is alive and well.
#1020 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:09:20 AM(UTC)
SHRINK THE FONT!!!! SHRINK THE FONT!!!! It blocks too much of the screen!!! You can't see where you're going!!!! PLEASE!

Or give the option to put notifications in a corner.

The notifications central DO obscure important info. Especially trying to avoid trees.

If you look up you can see which trees are taller. Taller trees mean thicker trunks. More likely to stop you than to crash through. Can't see which are taller with notifications in the way centrally.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:00:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1021 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:16:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ResistantBow05 Go to Quoted Post
There's no disgrace in backing out gracefully and admitting that you've been defeated, while still collecting the points that you've already earned,
Nah! Life is too short!

I have a few little things I do when starting "The Eliminator" and these are:

1. If it's dusk or nightime when "The Eliminator" starts.....[PAUSE].....[QUIT]
2. If I don't find a level 5 or level 6 car drop in the first minute.....[PAUSE].....[QUIT]
3. If someone challenges me in a Mini when I'm still in my Mini.....[PAUSE].....[QUIT]
4. If it's a foregone conclusion that I'm gonna be beaten.....[PAUSE].....[QUIT]

The only time I won't quit when nearing the minute mark while in the Mini is if I'm near to another vehicle.

I'll try and get a H2H, but as soon as I'm able.....[PAUSE].....[QUIT]

No qualms and no hesitation!

Like I said, life is too short!

Number 3! Number 3! Not gonna waste my time for a level 2

I go a little longer, but have formed the exact same criteria. The 2-4 cars are just useless (couple of exceptions), Can beat them in the Mini (unless you hit a tree, or a ditch, or a tractor), and the time is too short to slog all the way up to a decent car through H2Hs. The other person still gets credit for the win, so you're not taking anything away, and you're not wasting your time that way.
#1022 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:23:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
Car choice in Eliminator is rubbish, you have to know each one from memory as higher tier cars are sometimes (or actually - often) worse than lower tier....Warthog M12 CST and Bentley are both quicker than an R8 or a Gallardo, except for asphalt racing which in Eliminator barely happens.
Oh and the Supra is better to be avoided at all costs, either the tune is bad or it's indeed RWD zo it will lose to a mini offroad.

And WHY can't you finish your head to head race before the final round begins? I was about to beat a GTR with a WRX '08 and literally 100m before the finish it said - "Head to Head cancelled"
If any game mode is darn unfair, it's the Eliminator...oh yeah and I even get outrun by a Golf while driving a Ferrari FF. I mean who made this car selection???

Both the high level ferarris are useless BC rear wheel drive. Hard to get them to go straight.
#1023 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 12:34:09 AM(UTC)
Just lost a H2H in a level 8 Audi R8, to a Mini, not because he was faster, I got to the finish first. But because when I got there, I couldn't find it. I'm resorting to peering at the minimap, trying to get my car to go over it enough to trigger the win. It didn't work. The Mini got there, he did the same, it worked for him.

Needless to say, there was no 'finish line' actually in evidence in the world, only on the map.

I'll also be kind and polite and just call this STUPID.

Couple of times time I had this happen I figured out the finish line was in a tunnel underneath. Happens with the freeway tunnels, and also with the train tunnel.
#1024 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 1:07:11 AM(UTC)
So many times I will have someone in a level 3-5 car make a concerted effort to run away when I'm in a Mini. I just see it as cowardly. I take great pleasure in beating them when I finally catch up.

I would probably have a few more wins if I played more tactically but it's more fun to do the head-to-heads which I see as generally more skilful then the final race where a lot will come down to if your educated guess about the finish location is right.

But it says a lot about the game design that you CAN catch a 3-5 car... In a mini.

1 user liked this post.
#1025 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:38:58 PM(UTC)
The coolest win EVER!!!

https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=150891308

44 Pages<<3940414243>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error