45 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext
#801 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:31:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Yoooooo! Just used the Regalia and I like it! 1100 horses and I won in it too, even though the top speed is barely 150. That's 2 in a row in this beast!!

I was wondering how is the Regalia (S1 825) only a level 6 car?
#802 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:48:38 AM(UTC)
Why, after winning a head-to-head, does the game frequently put my car into reverse? Does this happen to anyone else? I originally thought I was just changing down more than I needed, but no, the game is doing it. It is very disorienting especially as the game annoyingly removes your HUD so you can't see what gear you're in. The only clue is when you see the reverse lights come on, or you go to drive off but go backwards.

This is with manual gears btw, which the game takes to mean 'manual, but sometimes we'll change gear for you, lol'.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:49:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#803 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:04:14 AM(UTC)
Outran a Ferrari in this Evo. This is one of the cars I hadnt won a game in...
https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=140857727

Eeked out a couple wins in the NSX. Its very squirrely
https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=140857730

Beach life
https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=140857729

Regalia Win!
https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=140857728

Annnnnnnnnddddd. Win number 400!
https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=140857726

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#804 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:17:49 AM(UTC)
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Ford Capri FE would make a great car for Eliminator. Don't ya think?
#805 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:42:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Ford Capri FE would make a great car for Eliminator. Don't ya think?

Stock RWD so no thanks.
 2 users liked this post.
#806 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:03:53 AM(UTC)
despite all my complaints last night, I still notched a couple wins - one of which was in the new Hummer Open Top, which was very enjoyable (albeit a little hard to see in the screenshot)

it seems like high-level cars are much easier to come by now since the update. Last night alone I had a 9 and 10, and drew an 8 on my first drop once.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:05:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#807 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:06:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GutlessLeaf777 Go to Quoted Post
despite all my complaints last night, I still notched a couple wins - one of which was in the new Hummer Open Top, which was very enjoyable (albeit a little hard to see in the screenshot)

I think that a lot of the people who complained could actually like the game if they tried it a few more times.
#808 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:18:22 AM(UTC)

it seems like high-level cars are much easier to come by now since the update. Last night alone I had a 9 and 10, and drew an 8 on my first drop once.

I had a buddy mention that same thing to me last night. He hasnt seen so many high level drops so frequently. I need to figure out how to add some external storage. I cant even upload new videos without deleting old ones. Would space open up if I uninstalled some old games?
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#809 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:50:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I think that a lot of the people who complained could actually like the game if they tried it a few more times.

Considering I've played FH4 for about 500 hours, this is pretty nonsensical

People are allowed to gripe about a game. It's the most passionate fans, the ones who play the most, that are going to be the most affected by gripe-worthy things like bugs and balancing issues anyway.

Obviously I still like the game on balance, otherwise I would find other ways to spend my time.
#810 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:56:39 PM(UTC)

Considering I've played FH4 for about 500 hours, this is pretty nonsensical

People are allowed to gripe about a game. It's the most passionate fans, the ones who play the most, that are going to be the most affected by gripe-worthy things like bugs and balancing issues anyway.

Obviously I still like the game on balance, otherwise I would find other ways to spend my time.

It's not nonsensical if you said that it was enjoyable after complaining about it, it is actually a form of proof.
 1 user liked this post.
#811 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:48:30 PM(UTC)
lol what

you can express criticism while also saying some things are good

it was not a matter of me initially having a bad time and thinking Forza is Bad, and then I got an eliminator win and saw the light and decided Forza is Good. I get at least 1 eliminator win per play session. It was a matter of me criticizing things in the game that are bad while also admitting the game is good. Not hard to understand (I thought).
#812 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 2:11:13 PM(UTC)
lol what

it was not a matter of me initially having a bad time and thinking Forza is Bad, and then I got an eliminator win and saw the light and decided Forza is Good. I get at least 1 eliminator win per play session. It was a matter of me criticizing things in the game that are bad while also admitting the game is good. Not hard to understand (I thought).

Well you have changed the subject now to Forza, but this thread is about Eliminator.
#813 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:03:45 PM(UTC)
WooHoo ... got my Underdog Achievement . Beat a L8 FF Ferrari in my Mini - Ha!
So that's all of the Eliminator Achievements done ... :D

I have just one broken achievement for a full house on FH4 :( ... "Play first unranked online adventure" ... clearly I have done it as I am ranked ... it is just the achievement didn't pop.

Been recommended to delete my account from the xbox and try again ... given some of the horror stories I don't think I'll bother
#814 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:42:25 PM(UTC)
Just played my first Eliminator with the new cars. The Warthog seems a very strong level 7 car - top speed of about 170mph and incredibly stable and responsive offroad. Fairly simple win in the final race after the level 9 Audi i was racing against went head on into a tree.
#815 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:05:09 PM(UTC)
Question regarding the car drops... Are all the car drops available at the beginning of the game or do they spawn randomly as the game progresses? I passed a particular landmark that didn't have a car drop earlier in one game and about 5 minutes later passed it again and there was a level 5 car there. I just figured everything was there at the start of the match and the selection got smaller as it progressed.
#816 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:13:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
Question regarding the car drops... Are all the car drops available at the beginning of the game or do they spawn randomly as the game progresses? I passed a particular landmark that didn't have a car drop earlier in one game and about 5 minutes later passed it again and there was a level 5 car there. I just figured everything was there at the start of the match and the selection got smaller as it progressed.

They spawn at various times in the game, and my guess is that they spawn at each arena shrinkage.
#817 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:27:16 PM(UTC)
You actually censor " **** ".

The word you can't spell without "rap"

That is like, kindergarten level, man. That is Sunday School. That's not even close to an obscenity. That's the word I type to refrain from the actual obscenity I was obviously thinking. Crazy

Yeah, and there might be Kindergarten or Sunday School attendees playing the game and potentially getting on the forums. I grew up learning c r a p isn’t a word you say because it makes you sound like you don’t have a vocabulary. Don’t complain about censorship just because YOU choose to say it.
#818 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:29:47 PM(UTC)
lol what

Well you have changed the subject now to Forza, but this thread is about Eliminator.

“Forza” and “Eliminator” are one and the same in his argument and I think you know that.
#819 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:20:20 PM(UTC)

They spawn randomly.

Also despite what was said about the update, I haven't personally noticed the drops being more likely to be higher level than before the update. They could be, but not for me yet. I think it was fine before anyway, you found the occasional higher level but I think the game should encourage head-to-heads and not incentivise people to ignore them in preference for hunting for drops.

I was wondering if there was some additional way the game could push people to do head-to-heads rather than run away from other players, which is common behaviour, even when you're in a lower car. I sometimes wonder why people play this mode if they are just going to run away all the time. (And it's often people who aren't in a Mini, so it isn't because they're going for the Pacifist achievement.)
#820 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:37:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Stock RWD so no thanks.

None of the cars in Eliminator are stock. And fully upgraded, the Capri FE is a beast, tier 9 at least.
#821 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:48:50 AM(UTC)

Stock RWD so no thanks.

None of the cars in Eliminator are stock. And fully upgraded, the Capri FE is a beast, tier 9 at least.

Okay but AFAIK cars in Eliminator are not drivetrain swapped. And every car would be a tier 9 beast if fully upgraded.

Edited by user Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:49:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#822 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:47:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post

I have just one broken achievement for a full house on FH4 :( ... "Play first unranked online adventure" ... clearly I have done it as I am ranked ... it is just the achievement didn't pop.

Been recommended to delete my account from the xbox and try again ... given some of the horror stories I don't think I'll bother

I had this one locked as and I was ranked well but I went and played a quickplay adventure and then it popped so give that a try.
#823 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:10:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: darkmalow Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post

I had this one locked as and I was ranked well but I went and played a quickplay adventure and then it popped so give that a try.

quickplay ? - thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try
#824 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:58:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
lol what

“Forza” and “Eliminator” are one and the same in his argument and I think you know that.

No I don't know that being as my comment "Play a few games, and you could like it." meant The Eliminator, not Forza.
#825 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:02:35 AM(UTC)

They spawn randomly.

Also despite what was said about the update, I haven't personally noticed the drops being more likely to be higher level than before the update. They could be, but not for me yet. I think it was fine before anyway, you found the occasional higher level but I think the game should encourage head-to-heads and not incentivise people to ignore them in preference for hunting for drops.

I was wondering if there was some additional way the game could push people to do head-to-heads rather than run away from other players, which is common behaviour, even when you're in a lower car. I sometimes wonder why people play this mode if they are just going to run away all the time. (And it's often people who aren't in a Mini, so it isn't because they're going for the Pacifist achievement.)

You run away because a head to head takes ages compared to finding a car drop with a 5 rating. It's just the most logical way to upgrade your car. Then head to head with the 5 car upgrades it the rest of the way up. If you head to head in a mini to upgrade to 2, you would have found a car drop instead with a rating of 5.
45 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error