4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:55:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dogwitch Go to Quoted Post
online adv is broken for me. keep getting dis connects on it.

The servers have been super-flaky the last few days for me. Taking upwards of ten mins to find a Horizon Life session at some points (meaning I missed out on FP! Gah!).
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
 5 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:35:41 AM(UTC)
My blueprint (In for a Pony, in for a Pound) was originally made for C-class. There was no class restriction in RouteComp, so I thought it would be something different.

Unfortunately, the championship is in S1, and I already know about few spots which are too much for drivatars (they drive off the road and/or miss checkpoints). It wasn't an issue in C-class. Well, what can you do...

I tthink I would've made a different route, if I knew that it will be put in S1 :/ Those local roads are fun, but only in lower classes. Let's hope that future RouteComp will have class restriction.

If someone wants to try my original blueprint, here is the share code: 518 860 531.

Edited by user Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:39:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#78 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:38:26 AM(UTC)
Aaaargh! Three times I've been on a winning Games team and three times it's gone weird and frozen and chucked me out. This is infuriating! :(
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
#79 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:28:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
online adv is broken for me. keep getting dis connects on it.

The servers have been super-flaky the last few days for me. Taking upwards of ten mins to find a Horizon Life session at some points (meaning I missed out on FP! Gah!).

I got disconnected from the Trial on Friday, and just before I was disconnected, both drivetars and humans were flying off the track (more like being thrown off actually). It was very funny but frustrating also. Wish I could have taken a picture.
#80 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:39:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kowal 3D Go to Quoted Post
My blueprint (In for a Pony, in for a Pound) was originally made for C-class. There was no class restriction in RouteComp, so I thought it would be something different.

Unfortunately, the championship is in S1, and I already know about few spots which are too much for drivatars (they drive off the road and/or miss checkpoints). It wasn't an issue in C-class. Well, what can you do...

I tthink I would've made a different route, if I knew that it will be put in S1 :/ Those local roads are fun, but only in lower classes. Let's hope that future RouteComp will have class restriction.

If someone wants to try my original blueprint, here is the share code: 518 860 531.

I got caught out on couple of occasions (went wide, didn't miss checkpoints though), but nevertheless I enjoyed your route as well as it had a very nice rhythm tp it. I'll definitely be trying it out in a C-class car later on.
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:33:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Ackkk! The I got bitten by the non-working Rewind button on the community tracks. The last race, I had to redo so many times, because make one mistake and you're done.

The rewind bug makes it nearly impossible for us mere mortals. Got most of the way through the last race in first position, and then got rear ended off the track by AI!! Quit!

Pro tip, start races while being in horizon solo and rewind should work just fine. at least in rivals if you start rivals when being in horizon life rewind dont usually work but when being horizon solo i havent had any problems with rewind.

Thank you for the tip!

#82 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:48:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kowal 3D Go to Quoted Post

Heh, thanks for posting! Now I have all three routes from this week. By the way, your route let me use my S1 Camaro ZL1 1LE. So much for class restrictions! LOL 😂

I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#83 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 2:44:34 AM(UTC)
i did get the pg won. due to other team getting glitch out.
now i did loss 8 point . some how seeing the pg game would have did the last few points to hit 80...
so.... i be dam if am not going to get a all gold this season. seeing last 4 have bs me
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 2:55:08 AM(UTC)
I must say the community championship was really good again. The routes were inspired and fun to drive. I wasn't too thrilled about my choice of car for one of them, but that's on me.
Also brownie points for the developers who took a valuable lesson from the disaster a few weeks ago and really made this into something fun again. Cheers!

The Trial was great too. A800 is so much better than all the S classes.
I had a nice team and only one person on 0 points (who quit before the last race). We won 3-0!

ps: If you don't want to do the playground games you can snipe the Mini for under 2 million.
I saw two for 138k even, but they were gone quickly.

#85 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 9:43:51 AM(UTC)
no forzathon today?
#86 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 10:06:04 AM(UTC)
Forzathon Live no work
No event on the hour for me. Playing on XBOX ONE (BRAZIL)
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 10:06:28 AM(UTC)
I had two less than stellar teams for the trial. We won on my second attempt but both teams had at least one super aggressive player who spent the 1st part of the race ramming everyone before eventually finishing dead last. I wanted to quit just so they wouldn't get the car but I stuck it out just to get it over with. Players like those, really bring the whole experience down.
#88 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:41:31 PM(UTC)
i got the 80 percent...... by was not happy. re doing some of the heroes to get the percent again.........
i hope to hell summer will be easier. please no drifting........ please dont. that they one thing i suck on
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:22:10 AM(UTC)
i got the 80 percent...... by was not happy. re doing some of the heroes to get the percent again.........
i hope to hell summer will be easier. please no drifting........ please dont. that they one thing i suck on

you just need a properly set up car and a little practice ...
I found a great place to practice was the festival circuit ... you get to try the same corners again and again , and the circle is an actual drift zone.... if you need help with a car let me know
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:20:55 AM(UTC)
One comment on the monthly Rivals... I was really excited to see more than one offered up this month, 'twins' so to speak, though the second added absolutely nothing to the first as a companion. No story or apparent theme to bind them together past being a pair of similar stock antiques, so what was the point?

I'd really like to see the Monthly return to being 'Monthlies' like in H3. The usual single monthly we see is always limited to one particular stock model which is really boring and honestly it seems as if everyone just goes 'one and done' with them. Yes, many will run it only once to satisfy the playlist requirement, but even those I know who frequent rivals dont bother much with it, i presume due to the limitations.

How awesome and refreshing would it be for the next monthly rival event to actually be four or five different engaging events, something like (S1) Colossus/Japanese-only or (B) Arthur's Chair/1970's & 80's only, or even (S2) Lakehurst Rush/maximum power 900?
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
#91 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:32:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post

I found a great place to practice was the festival circuit ... you get to try the same corners again and again , and the circle is an actual drift zone.... if you need help with a car let me know

problem is the drift count system breaks. i test it with many different cars
#92 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:44:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post

problem is the drift count system breaks. i test it with many different cars

Try the #88 Mustang with the 5 Star drift tune.
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:03:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Have struggled with the Trial so far because every time I've been in it, most of my team have quit after the first race (I actually came in best of the human players in the first race twice, but only made it to third - which is still my best ever finish in a Trial, right enough!).

Not sure if there's something been a bit glitchy, or if people are just assuming the 2nd/3rd races are unwinnable if we don't win the first?

Get the feeling I just need to be lucky with one good team and we'll nail it. I also wish I hadn't gone for the Ferrari, as struggling with the RWD control (I tend to play AWD wherever possible) so saving up FP to get the Ford and will try that on AWD if it's possible.

Thought the races on the Mustang v Pony championship were fiendish as hell. Shamefully admit to having to use lots of rewind when (due to my colour blind ***. struggling to see the racing line at points) I just went flying past various 90 degree checkpoint turns without even noticing them ! 🤣🤣🤣

I have shared tunes for this Trial for all the eligible cars. They are more on handling side than speed but yet no Trial lost of total 10 runs I have made so far.

Community champ had few places where routes had benefitted from props, to signal turns, but overall very good IMO.

I think my biggest problem (in terms of my own performance) is that I am god-awful with RWD at the moment. As I say, I tend to use AWD, and if I'd realised the Ferrari could only be tuned to RWD for the Trial eligibility, I would have spent my FP on the Ford instead. Now I need to save up another 500 FP to get it!

I just can't seem to get to grips (pun only slightly intended) with RWD racing. I feel like I just go flying off the track too easily while the Drivatars seem to have tyres made of glue and velcro.

RWD's can be great gun in FH4 but they are not intuitive to get on to. If you want to get fast on RWD, forgot how Drivatars drive on higher classes and focus on time. In the end we are all racing against the clock. Drivatars has certain time brackets depending from set difficulty they aim for, so they are on the clock too.

Cars are not equal, '98 Porsche GT1 is really different compared to '10 Ferrari 599 GTO in ways I don't think is easily gathered from mere 11 points of PI. Porsche have weird tyre choice stock, gearing is weird. If you start with something like Porsche, you end up good, but may start hating the game LOL.

Check some RWD from the lower classes. C, B, A. start racing it on stock on some route on whatever difficulty you prefer, then once you start winning consistently, up difficulty and repeat. It's long route but that's one way to learn to race any car there is in game, stock or upgraded, get good positions on Trials. Upgrading tuning is good to learn, but first learn to race, upgrades make cars faster, not the driver.

And I don't think new players should sweat about it too much. There's been threads popping up every now and then about Drivatars being unfair. My educated guess would be that it's more about couple of really unforgiving routes in game, perhaps some inconsistent _player_ cars, which look good to go even on Unbeatable, despite having some flaw that is not discoverable by just staring PI.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:46:40 PM(UTC)

I may sound like a heratic but I think Ranked FFA is worth it again now. One set of 5 races in a month, it's a particpation event so it doesnt matter where you finish.
Cars are ghosted for the first 20-30 sec, more than enough time to get in clear space and any significant potential impact (ramming) also gets ghosted.
As it's individual, no silly team mechanics from boosters.

It was fairly easy, took a one off 20 minutes for 15% each week for the full month. Compared to 6% trail, 7% PG each week! bargin

I did it for the first time in a while this season and will do the same next season.
I'd actually have ranked up this time if the controller battery and the one I swapped if for didn't die resulting in me finishing dead last in the final race.....

The only downside is if you haven't yet ranked on FFA, then it's a slog completing the 10 races. If you have ... there is nothing to lose, just an easy 15% to gain.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:47:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#95 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:26:19 PM(UTC)
well last season retro active hit 80% and did give me the car. so it was their server that glitch with tracking.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error