4 Pages1234PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:56:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreshGALNET Go to Quoted Post
Completely agree with the last few comments.

Again being creator of the first race 'history of the pony car' there was a few places I'd have liked to put signage or barriers, however these tools are yet to be added to route creator. Hopefully they will appear in later updates.

When I create a race, I think about corners, my idea being that a racer has to navigate them correctly or else miss the exit checkpoint, on 90 degree turns I try making them wider, and AI friendly, however that's a challenge itself as AI have a mind of their own, barriers would help dramatically in track design.

The vast difference this season was indeed the objective was given prior to route creation, hence in my opinion made this season's community routes far more enjoyable over previous ones. Let's hope PG continue to give directions on what they want from our creations.

Not to mention we had a chance to tryout all races prior to inclusion as share codes by creators were shared on social platforms, as such those who tried them out were familiar with each route.

@FreshGALNET Whether or not you feel that there was room for improvement, I really enjoyed racing on it. Great work!

And speaking of The Trial... I did it in a stock Ferrari and finished 3rd-3rd-1st. For the first two races I probably could've finished second, but there was no sense in racing my team-mate and risking valuable team points. You just have to remember that none of these cars are point-and-shoot type of vehicles, but require smooth driving inputs. So it's better be done with braking before turning in because the rear end will step out, and preferably accelerate out of a corner in a straightest line as possible.
 6 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:52:15 AM(UTC)
A couple notes for everyone that's running the trial:
1) The cars with a blue banner above them are your teammates. They might not all be running stock Ferraris so seriously look for the blue banners.
It would be nice of you not to (try to) put them into a wall.

2) After every race there's a screen wich shows the final positions. The players with a 1 or 2 in front of their name are carrying you.
Again it would be nice of you not to hit / block them just because you aren't already dead last by the 10% mark of the race. You will most likely end there anyway and without doing this there is a shot your team will still win the race.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:14:51 AM(UTC)
For those players who need to complete the Festival Playlist Events - SPRING - Rewards ** UNTIL 21/11/19 **
50% Spring: KOENIGSEGG CCGT 2009
80% Spring: PORSCHE #3 917 LH 1970
50% Series 15: ASTON MARTIN VANQUISH ZAGATO COUPE 2017
80% Series 15: PORSCHE 718 CAYMAN GTS 2018

#54 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:33:31 AM(UTC)
Finally got enough FP together to get the Ford from the Forzathon Shop and it's been night and day for me in the Trial.

Where I was really struggling with the Ferrari, I've been consistently finishing 3rd/4th with the AWD car. Much happier.

It does seem to lack a bit of oomph on the straights though, as the drivatars were pulling away steadily ahead of me most of the time even with my foot to the floor, so to speak. Really makes up for it on the corners. Edinburgh was like a different race with it.
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:40:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
Finally got enough FP together to get the Ford from the Forzathon Shop and it's been night and day for me in the Trial.

Where I was really struggling with the Ferrari, I've been consistently finishing 3rd/4th with the AWD car. Much happier.

It does seem to lack a bit of oomph on the straights though, as the drivatars were pulling away steadily ahead of me most of the time even with my foot to the floor, so to speak. Really makes up for it on the corners. Edinburgh was like a different race with it.

A gearbox tune will help, I used the ford with 4wd and custom gear ratios and I get the jump on most players and AI at the start and can outrun the AI comfortably.

In one run of the third race, I was punted out of the first checkpoint and needed a rewind so dead last. I was back in the lead by the midpoint and then coasted to the flag.

I did get beaten by a couple of players, one in a Porsche and one in a Ferrari but won most races besting the AI in every race so far.

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:45:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:40:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gene Anjuise Go to Quoted Post
A couple notes for everyone that's running the trial:
1) The cars with a blue banner above them are your teammates. They might not all be running stock Ferraris so seriously look for the blue banners.
It would be nice of you not to (try to) put them into a wall.

2) After every race there's a screen wich shows the final positions. The players with a 1 or 2 in front of their name are carrying you.
Again it would be nice of you not to hit / block them just because you aren't already dead last by the 10% mark of the race. You will most likely end there anyway and without doing this there is a shot your team will still win the race.

1) Completely agree about people ramming their teammates needlessly. Doesn't just come from the low-rankers though. I've been rammed off the road plenty of times by drivers who have 4 or 5 stars to their name.

Still think the idea that was floated on here a few weeks ago about player cars being blue-painted and drivatars being red would be a good implementation for a future game, if they're going to adamantly refuse to implement the ghosting mechanism.

2) Not everyone can finish 1 and 2 in the races. In my last go at it, all-but-one of the humans (one quit) finished ahead of all the drivatars in the second race. Who's being carried there?

As you say, it's a team game; but the utter disdain that comes from some who are good at the game (whether on here, on Reddit, etc) in the direction of those who (shock horror) aren't as good as they are is quite spiteful-feeling at times. Why not try to be welcoming and offer constructive advice, instead of having a go at people?

Also, I'm puzzled about how the ones being "carried" are managing to block the drivers who are sitting in 1st/2nd in races that aren't circults (ie two of the three in this week's Trial). Can you clarify?
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
#57 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:42:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post

A gearbox tune will help, I used the ford with 4wd and custom gear ratios and I get the jump on most players and AI at the start and can outrun the AI comfortably.

I tend to just grab other people's pre-made ones, tbh. I've absolutely no idea about the mechanics of tuning whatsoever!

Someone explaining about the effect of, say, downforce ratios on understeer may as well be speaking Martian backwards 🤣
#58 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:30:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

In fact, I think I'm starting to narrow in on one of the more annoying factors of these community routes, and it's completely out of the creators' hands; Course familiarity. We're just so accustomed to the roads and corners as they are, in the over-world, or in the boxed-in courses, that when we come to one that's taken in an unfamiliar way, we're thrown for a loop.

I agree with you on that. One of the current community routes was mine (the one that goes into Edinburgh) - I purposefully tried not to put any unneccessary "trick" turns or checkpoints into the race, but the fact is that any unfamiliar turn is hard to read without having barriers like the official routes. I do like the idea behind these community routes though, as they help to keep the game fresh - and I especially like the way this season's were done, where the type and PI of the cars is dictated before the route is designed, so we don't get unfortunate events like the winter ones from a few weeks ago.

If yours is the final race with the cutbacks, I think I favorite your version for a800. Please make another anything goes as I loved that one did it at least 10 extra times on unbeatable! Want to run my custom realism tunes on it with classic cars

Track goes from highly technical to a drift fest in the city

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:33:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:30:59 AM(UTC)

1) Completely agree about people ramming their teammates needlessly. Doesn't just come from the low-rankers though. I've been rammed off the road plenty of times by drivers who have 4 or 5 stars to their name.

Still think the idea that was floated on here a few weeks ago about player cars being blue-painted and drivatars being red would be a good implementation for a future game, if they're going to adamantly refuse to implement the ghosting mechanism.

Yeah, stars don't say anything. In my experience 1 and 2 star players seem to be the best.
I agree about the ghosting, that should come sooner rather then later.

2) Not everyone can finish 1 and 2 in the races. In my last go at it, all-but-one of the humans (one quit) finished ahead of all the drivatars in the second race. Who's being carried there?

Noone, I'm talking about players that can't overtake a single drivatar. I know not everybody has the same skills. I even consider myself prettty average at the trial, I can get some points on the board but everything needs to click together just right before I can challenge for a win.
I don't mind 'bad' players doing the trial. They deserve the prices just as much a everbody else. But if you know you can't finish ahead of a drivatar maybe just pull gently to side at the start and let the players that can cleanly through. That way their chances of winning will rise and saves everyone from having to do the trial over and over again.

As you say, it's a team game; but the utter disdain that comes from some who are good at the game (whether on here, on Reddit, etc) in the direction of those who (shock horror) aren't as good as they are is quite spiteful-feeling at times.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I made this post righty after I got deliberately (tried to) rammed into a wall twice in two attempts of the trial and watched my fastest teammate being taken out by the player that came in last in the first 2 races because he decided not to brake for one of the first corners.

Why not try to be welcoming and offer constructive advice, instead of having a go at people?

Sadly other than the obvious AWD swap your car the onmy advice I can give you is: practice makes perfect. Learn the tracks and learn how your car behaves. I generally run the route of the first race when waiting for the counter. That way I know atleast the first couple of corners and how my car reacts to them.

Also, I'm puzzled about how the ones being "carried" are managing to block the drivers who are sitting in 1st/2nd in races that aren't circults (ie two of the three in this week's Trial). Can you clarify?

Mostly wallriders at the beginning of a race. You brake to take a turn properly and they just cut on the inside of the corner, slam into the wall and then it takes a while for them to get going again, blocking your path in the proces.

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 9:00:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 8:31:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post

I tend to just grab other people's pre-made ones, tbh. I've absolutely no idea about the mechanics of tuning whatsoever!

Someone explaining about the effect of, say, downforce ratios on understeer may as well be speaking Martian backwards 🤣

The problem with a lot of dowloads is they aren't that good, some are terrible. Anyone can share a tune.

I expect most people use a spreadsheet or simialar so you don't need to know that much at the start, just where to get the numbers.

I use the Forzatune app on my phone, costs around the price of a big Mac and gives reasonable base settings while being easy to use and always to hand.
It can also do the gearing tune and has some sliders which you can use to adjust to your preferance, oversteer stiffness etc.
After the base tune you can use these to make the car suit your style better, or you can use manual tunings if you are trying to beat a time.

There are other similar apps available etc.

Just using the numbers generated often makes a big difference to how cars handle, and as for downforce, basically more downforce = less speed but improved braking, high speed cornering etc.

Most of the times I just use the default recommended settings as it's good enough.

1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:17:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post

In fact, I think I'm starting to narrow in on one of the more annoying factors of these community routes, and it's completely out of the creators' hands; Course familiarity. We're just so accustomed to the roads and corners as they are, in the over-world, or in the boxed-in courses, that when we come to one that's taken in an unfamiliar way, we're thrown for a loop.

I agree with you on that. One of the current community routes was mine (the one that goes into Edinburgh) - I purposefully tried not to put any unneccessary "trick" turns or checkpoints into the race, but the fact is that any unfamiliar turn is hard to read without having barriers like the official routes. I do like the idea behind these community routes though, as they help to keep the game fresh - and I especially like the way this season's were done, where the type and PI of the cars is dictated before the route is designed, so we don't get unfortunate events like the winter ones from a few weeks ago.

If yours is the final race with the cutbacks, I think I favorite your version for a800. Please make another anything goes as I loved that one did it at least 10 extra times on unbeatable! Want to run my custom realism tunes on it with classic cars

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Share code for an Anything Goes version is 130 008 856 - I just tried it in an X-class Agera RS and found that the AI cars seem to be able to still cope with the course at high speed.
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:50:54 AM(UTC)

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Share code for an Anything Goes version is 130 008 856 - I just tried it in an X-class Agera RS and found that the AI cars seem to be able to still cope with the course at high speed.

Heh, I just tried this with my S2 Apollo. Turned out to be a great race. Thanks for posting! I’ve got your track listed on my phone under my favourites. Always looking for new tracks. I keep track of the ones I like.

By the way, a couple of weeks ago, I made three different variants of “The History Of The Pony Car”. Great minds think alike. Lol 😆

They’re not %100 the same. They vary slightly. Here’s the share codes:

Ashbrook and Stones Circuit
Share code: 145 330 884

Ashbrook and Stones Alternate
Share code: 929 595 863

Ashbrook and Stones Reverse
Share code: 924 502 128

This is a great section for a circuit race. All of the routes are “Anything goes”. S2 cars seem to be ok for these. 3 laps FYI.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#63 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:17:04 PM(UTC)
i’ll pass on the current forzathon shop cars. they aren’t exclusive cars and their price is too steep, better wait for a deal in the ah
#64 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:05:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NuttyLittleBoy Go to Quoted Post

@FreshGALNET Whether or not you feel that there was room for improvement, I really enjoyed racing on it. Great work!

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

For those who enjoyed this, the original race is available for "Anything Goes and GT cars".

I'm away from console so unfortunately don't have the share codes to hand.

I'm glad overall though that every creator got good feedback this season, that lets us know that there are a vast array of community races which we can all enjoy, along with previously created community races, bar a few 'strange ones' from previous seasons past.
#65 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:05:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gene Anjuise Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, stars don't say anything. In my experience 1 and 2 star players seem to be the best.
I agree about the ghosting, that should come sooner rather then later.

Noone, I'm talking about players that can't overtake a single drivatar. I know not everybody has the same skills. I even consider myself prettty average at the trial, I can get some points on the board but everything needs to click together just right before I can challenge for a win.
I don't mind 'bad' players doing the trial. They deserve the prices just as much a everbody else. But if you know you can't finish ahead of a drivatar maybe just pull gently to side at the start and let the players that can cleanly through. That way their chances of winning will rise and saves everyone from having to do the trial over and over again.

As you say, it's a team game; but the utter disdain that comes from some who are good at the game (whether on here, on Reddit, etc) in the direction of those who (shock horror) aren't as good as they are is quite spiteful-feeling at times.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I made this post righty after I got deliberately (tried to) rammed into a wall twice in two attempts of the trial and watched my fastest teammate being taken out by the player that came in last in the first 2 races because he decided not to brake for one of the first corners.

Why not try to be welcoming and offer constructive advice, instead of having a go at people?

Sadly other than the obvious AWD swap your car the onmy advice I can give you is: practice makes perfect. Learn the tracks and learn how your car behaves. I generally run the route of the first race when waiting for the counter. That way I know atleast the first couple of corners and how my car reacts to them.

Mostly wallriders at the beginning of a race. You brake to take a turn properly and they just cut on the inside of the corner, slam into the wall and then it takes a while for them to get going again, blocking your path in the proces.

No need to apologise buddy it's perfectly normal to feel that way, I had to do the trial twice because the 1st time our team was so poor that me and another guy got 2-3, 1-2 and 1-2 in the 3 races and we still lost 2-1, people can call me whatever they like but you can't blame me for feeling just a little irritated about the rest of the team, they probably didn't even contribute 1000pts over the 3 races between the 4 of them.

I don't expect Lewis Hamilton incarnates for teammates but you expect people who turn up to a championship vs Unbeatable drivatars to at least be able to drive steady enough to beat at least a couple of them, 1 of the drivatars was in a 906 and it looked more like a Formula Drift car whenever I caught sight of it, skidding all over the place uncontrollably, 3 of them couldn't even beat that in all 3 races and 1 of them beat it once on the circuit.

Sorry if I sound like a *insert bleep word* here but it's made very clear what you're going up against, if you know it's too much for you then please just don't bother rather than dragging a team down and in essence wasting decent players' time as that's what it is if they're winning races only to get nothing because you can't control a car yet.

Should be some sort of system that records all your previous positions in trial races and matches you to players with a similar record, that would allow groups of good players to have enjoyable clean races without having to go full tilt for 1st every time to carry teams and encourage the groups that struggle to improve their skills or receive nothing from the trial every week.

I apologise again but I just don't like people leeching prizes off the back of other players skill which I'm convinced is happening more than ever in the Trials and Forzathon now.
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:48:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

Should be some sort of system that records all your previous positions in trial races and matches you to players with a similar record, that would allow groups of good players to have enjoyable clean races without having to go full tilt for 1st every time to carry teams and encourage the groups that struggle to improve their skills or receive nothing from the trial every week.

Oh god please no that kinda system, would be really damn boring to match up only with good drivers and i wouldnt like at all when every race ends up with 3650-0 because that would be really damn boring. For me trial is only fun weekly activite and usually i do trial multiple times to help not so good drivers to win trial also.
#67 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:16:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

Oh god please no that kinda system, would be really damn boring to match up only with good drivers and i wouldnt like at all when every race ends up with 3650-0 because that would be really damn boring. For me trial is only fun weekly activite and usually i do trial multiple times to help not so good drivers to win trial also.

Then you are a much kinder person than me mate, though I must say as long as they put in some effort I don't mind helping other players either, most of my annoyance stemmed from that team I had earlier today, they were either messing around at the back or really REALLY poor at the game to contribute so little throughout.
#68 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:33:11 PM(UTC)
Ackkk! The I got bitten by the non-working Rewind button on the community tracks. The last race, I had to redo so many times, because make one mistake and you're done.

The rewind bug makes it nearly impossible for us mere mortals. Got most of the way through the last race in first position, and then got rear ended off the track by AI!! Quit!
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:38:57 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: NuttyLittleBoy Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

For those who enjoyed this, the original race is available for "Anything Goes and GT cars".

I'm away from console so unfortunately don't have the share codes to hand.

I'm glad overall though that every creator got good feedback this season, that lets us know that there are a vast array of community races which we can all enjoy, along with previously created community races, bar a few 'strange ones' from previous seasons past.

Heh, just tried your GT version. I have the original mustang vs camaro and the GT share codes written down on my phone. Good stuff. Thanks for posting. I now have all four variants that I wanted to try in that area (5 different versions of that circuit area total, which is great).

I would also encourage everyone to try these and support each other. The more routes, the better.

FreshGALNET, let me know if you want me to post the share codes for your routes. I wanted to ask permission first.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#70 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 4:06:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post

FreshGALNET, let me know if you want me to post the share codes for your routes. I wanted to ask permission first.

Share away bud, I'm just happy that it was enjoyed.
#71 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:35:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
i’ll pass on the current forzathon shop cars. they aren’t exclusive cars and their price is too steep, better wait for a deal in the ah

When these expensive cars are in the shop, within a few days they'll be much cheaper in the auction house. Much easier to come by credits then points. The price gets depressed from all the listings. The Ferrari 250 california is still only 1.5m from being in the shop a couple months ago

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:36:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#72 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:40:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post

Awesome, thanks! All three races were quite good this week. I wanna run it with 60s muscle cars and euro classics b/a class without aero or awd swaps

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:41:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 6:03:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post

Share away bud, I'm just happy that it was enjoyed.

You got it. Here they are folks:

Grand Touring (gt cars)
Share code: 975 829 663

The History Of The Pony Car (mustang vs Camaro. Same as above)
Share code: 259 330 240

Enjoy.
#74 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:18:04 PM(UTC)
online adv is broken for me. keep getting dis connects on it.
#75 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:20:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Ackkk! The I got bitten by the non-working Rewind button on the community tracks. The last race, I had to redo so many times, because make one mistake and you're done.

The rewind bug makes it nearly impossible for us mere mortals. Got most of the way through the last race in first position, and then got rear ended off the track by AI!! Quit!

Pro tip, start races while being in horizon solo and rewind should work just fine. at least in rivals if you start rivals when being in horizon life rewind dont usually work but when being horizon solo i havent had any problems with rewind.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error