4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:28:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
Have struggled with the Trial so far because every time I've been in it, most of my team have quit after the first race (I actually came in best of the human players in the first race twice, but only made it to third - which is still my best ever finish in a Trial, right enough!).

Not sure if there's something been a bit glitchy, or if people are just assuming the 2nd/3rd races are unwinnable if we don't win the first?

Get the feeling I just need to be lucky with one good team and we'll nail it. I also wish I hadn't gone for the Ferrari, as struggling with the RWD control (I tend to play AWD wherever possible) so saving up FP to get the Ford and will try that on AWD if it's possible.

Thought the races on the Mustang v Pony championship were fiendish as hell. Shamefully admit to having to use lots of rewind when (due to my colour blind ***. struggling to see the racing line at points) I just went flying past various 90 degree checkpoint turns without even noticing them ! 🤣🤣🤣


Its actually easier when everyone else drops out in a trial race
I wish everyone quit after the first race almost every week..so i can win the next 2 races and not be smashed about by my own "team mates"
Unless you are terrible yourself and need the others to carry you
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:25:03 PM(UTC)
Hmm, think that is probably the strongest trial team I’ve ever been on. Won the first two races 3,650 - 0 and the Colossus 2,650 - 1,000 (two guys in a stock Ferrari struggled more in that one). Good respectful driving as well. Was a great example of what a strong team can do.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:48:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, think that is probably the strongest trial team I’ve ever been on. Won the first two races 3,650 - 0 and the Colossus 2,650 - 1,000 (two guys in a stock Ferrari struggled more in that one). Good respectful driving as well. Was a great example of what a strong team can do.


Yes, quite enjoyable this Trial.

Did first run of Trial in the Porsche 906 and came 2nd twice and 1st once, car handles very nicely but Ford #2 GT40 had that little bit extra.

Have done several now in the GT40 and have come first in all bar one Trial where a fellow driver was running the Porsche and just got me on 2 out of 3 (I think he was running manual).

Have tunes up for both if anyone interested in giving them a go, just search for the tunes under my gametag.

Happy racing people.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:22:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
In the Series 15 update livestream they hinted at something big coming soon to spend our money on. I wonder if it was these two cars or if it's something else still to come. I only have about 1500 points right now and don't have that Ferrari for some reason. I'm going to hold off hoping something bigger and better is coming.

If “something big” meant that the Ford and Ferrari will be in Forzathon shop at 1000fp a pop then I’ll be done playing this game.

😂 Seriously!!!

That being said, I'm not a collector so is it still worthwhile for me to invest in either or both of the Classic Racers currently in the Forzathon Shop from the point of racing them in MP? If they aren't any good then I'd prefer to skip them. All opinions welcome! TIA


Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

The Trial

Won this on first try, though yet again I was driving price car without realising it.

Porsce 906 Carrera turned out be way faster in every race than #24 Ferrari P4 and Drivatar cars. We had three Porsche and three Ferrari's. In all the races I finished second after really fast player also driving Porsche, on two out of three races. Porsches took triple win.

Recommended car: Porsche 906 Carrera. I know it's rare, but since it's low starting pi, it can be AWD swapped.

Your team must've had the Porsche tuned for top speed. I had my 906 tuned for acceleration so it was unbeatable for the Princes Street circuit, but lacked legs for Colossus. However, I had a well-balanced team that consisted of all three car brands with a good mix of tunings. So from the perspective of random matchmaking, the stars aligned nicely in that we each had a tuning that was perfect for a particular course, and that we weren't overloaded in either speed or acceleration as a team. That was a first. So I can see how team racing via convoy is a huge advantage over random matchmaking when teammates' car selections are planned in advance of entering a Trial.


Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Playground Games: We were 6 vs. 5 in first event, flag rush and during that entire blue team quit. Easy win.

I had to do the Spring Games three times. 😑 Got on the Blue Team all three times! 😂 However, what I noticed is that it really doesn't matter which team you're on because, in the case of Flag Rush for example, the team that goes on offense first is random with each game. So if going on offense first is your preference for Flag Rush, then being on the Blue Team can be like being on the Red Team. The only issue I have with the Blue Team is where Matchmaking always gives the Red Team an extra player whenever the rosters are uneven. I don't play the Seasonal Games all that often, but that's my observation of it so far.


Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Yes, quite enjoyable this Trial.

Yes, I absolutely agree! This was definitely my favorite Trial for Series 15! Proof that a simple A800 road Trial can be a lot of fun too.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 1:59:44 AM(UTC)
The Mustang /Camaro seasonal event ... I have a camaro that I set up for a previous event ... It's launch /accel is just so good it makes it an easy 3 wins ... Tune shared

Used the stock ferrari (799) for the trial got 2 x 4th places that I was happy about behind other blues ... 3-0 trial win

The Nissan GTR has the same bug as before ... I already owned the car so it didn't ping ... I had to buy it again. Enjoyed having to do something different like drift taps.
I did the race in drift tune ... that was "interesting" ! The drift Tune on it is AWD (yuck) but works well if anyone is interested

Rank: Driver's License
#31 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 3:41:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, think that is probably the strongest trial team I’ve ever been on. Won the first two races 3,650 - 0 and the Colossus 2,650 - 1,000 (two guys in a stock Ferrari struggled more in that one). Good respectful driving as well. Was a great example of what a strong team can do.


Yes, quite enjoyable this Trial.

Did first run of Trial in the Porsche 906 and came 2nd twice and 1st once, car handles very nicely but Ford #2 GT40 had that little bit extra.

Have done several now in the GT40 and have come first in all bar one Trial where a fellow driver was running the Porsche and just got me on 2 out of 3 (I think he was running manual).

Have tunes up for both if anyone interested in giving them a go, just search for the tunes under my gametag.

Happy racing people.


I’m pretty sure that a good tune for the GT40 edges a similar tune for the 906 on the first and third tracks. Possibly the Porsche has a slight edge on the second as it seems better through the corners. Haven’t fully experimented though - that was just my impression from running example tunes of each and from racing against decent drivers driving the Porsche when I used the GT40.

I doubt the Ferrari is as strong given you can only drive it RWD and there presumably isn’t too much scope for modification given it’s starting PI of A799. Its still more than capable of beating the drivatars stock though.

Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 3:52:01 AM(UTC)
Seanbill - just to reply to your question below:

“I'm not a collector so is it still worthwhile for me to invest in either or both of the Classic Racers currently in the Forzathon Shop from the point of racing them in MP? If they aren't any good then I'd prefer to skip them. All opinions welcome! TIA”

I’m not as familiar with these two cars as some others but thoughts on each would be:

#2 GT40 - This is a pretty strong car in both A and S1 class but not one of the absolute best for MP so far as I’m aware. From memory, the times I’ve done with it in A class are slightly slower than the barn find GT40 but that might just be a case of the tune I’ve used.

Ferrari - I really like this car in S1 - with the right tune it’s got fantastic handling. However, it isn’t one I’ve ever used in ranked MP as certainly the tune I use lacks top end speed. It isn’t a top tier car in my experience.

In short, both are decent cars which you may well find fun (and reasonably competitive) in unranked races but they probably won’t cut the mustard against the absolute top tier A or S1 class cars (the GT40 is closer to doing so though)..
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 4:05:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jezza98 Go to Quoted Post

I’m pretty sure that a good tune for the GT40 edges a similar tune for the 906 on the first and third tracks. Possibly the Porsche has a slight edge on the second as it seems better through the corners. Haven’t fully experimented though - that was just my impression from running example tunes of each and from racing against decent drivers driving the Porsche when I used the GT40.

I doubt the Ferrari is as strong given you can only drive it RWD and there presumably isn’t too much scope for modification given it’s starting PI of A799. Its still more than capable of beating the drivatars stock though.



I was sure that 906 is easily faster in second track than GT40 but after running rivals in that track yesterday in my hands 906 was only 0.1 second faster than GT40.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 5:46:20 AM(UTC)
Just run my GT40 and 906 on the three tracks.

Lakehurst:
GT40 3:20.752
906 3:19.475
Princes:
GT40 53.921
906 54.154
Colossus:
GT40 5:35.094
906 5:36.904

The 906 has the better high speed cornering and low speed grip but the GT40 just uses its advantages in power very efficiently.
In the end it's a more a matter of personal taste than performance.
The Ferrari can't compete due to nearly 0 ways to build and tune it on A.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 5:53:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Just run my GT40 and 906 on the three tracks.

Lakehurst:
GT40 3:20.752
906 3:19.475
Princes:
GT40 53.921
906 54.154
Colossus:
GT40 5:35.094
906 5:36.904

The 906 has the better high speed cornering and low speed grip but the GT40 just uses its advantages in power very efficiently.
In the end it's a more a matter of personal taste than performance.
The Ferrari can't compete due to nearly 0 ways to build and tune it on A.


The Ferrari is still competitive : The team I was on all top places were Ferraris ... our top 4 beat all Drivatars in 2 races ... & I am not that good a racer...
You are probably right about a tune version of one of the other cars being better - I was being lazy for my first attempt at the trial :) Bone stock Ferrari does alright
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:58:54 AM(UTC)
Made it up to 94% yesterday with only one issue. During the "North Coast Rush" the rewind feature didn't work.
Share Code 743 470 966

605,000,000 CR / 55275 FP / 536 SWS / 2162 WS Remaining
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 7:30:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Just run my GT40 and 906 on the three tracks.

Lakehurst:
GT40 3:20.752
906 3:19.475
Princes:
GT40 53.921
906 54.154
Colossus:
GT40 5:35.094
906 5:36.904

The 906 has the better high speed cornering and low speed grip but the GT40 just uses its advantages in power very efficiently.
In the end it's a more a matter of personal taste than performance.
The Ferrari can't compete due to nearly 0 ways to build and tune it on A.


The Ferrari is still competitive : The team I was on all top places were Ferraris ... our top 4 beat all Drivatars in 2 races ... & I am not that good a racer...
You are probably right about a tune version of one of the other cars being better - I was being lazy for my first attempt at the trial :) Bone stock Ferrari does alright


Yeah you can beat AI with stock Ferrari but i bet can do that with stock 906 also but when being top at A800 GT40 and 906 are just simple faster allways than Ferrari is.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 7:42:46 AM(UTC)
All the community routes were fun this week but my favorite was: in for a pony, in for a pound. It was a blast!

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2019 9:07:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#39 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 10:07:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Never done a drift tap before, took me ages before I realised that you have to use an unbreakable wall.


They are a pain I spent ages trying to do them on a straight unbreakable wall and only managing one out of 3. Then I went to the small circular drift circuit at the festival and got the other 2 within a few minutes.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 10:14:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
Have struggled with the Trial so far because every time I've been in it, most of my team have quit after the first race (I actually came in best of the human players in the first race twice, but only made it to third - which is still my best ever finish in a Trial, right enough!).

Not sure if there's something been a bit glitchy, or if people are just assuming the 2nd/3rd races are unwinnable if we don't win the first?

Get the feeling I just need to be lucky with one good team and we'll nail it. I also wish I hadn't gone for the Ferrari, as struggling with the RWD control (I tend to play AWD wherever possible) so saving up FP to get the Ford and will try that on AWD if it's possible.

Thought the races on the Mustang v Pony championship were fiendish as hell. Shamefully admit to having to use lots of rewind when (due to my colour blind ***. struggling to see the racing line at points) I just went flying past various 90 degree checkpoint turns without even noticing them ! 🤣🤣🤣


Its actually easier when everyone else drops out in a trial race
I wish everyone quit after the first race almost every week..so i can win the next 2 races and not be smashed about by my own "team mates"
Unless you are terrible yourself and need the others to carry you


I'm not good enough to win it on my own. I generally manage around 4th-6th on Trials now (I've only been playing the game since September, so I think I'm doing ok considering I'm still basically a rubbish newbie), so I definitely need a bit of carrying! I'm a contributor rather than a winner. ;)
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 10:45:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Recommended car: Porsche 906 Carrera. I know it's rare, but since it's low starting pi, it can be AWD swapped.



Porsche is pretty good but imo Ford is best choise because it's fastest overall but after all it's mostly personal prefence what to use

Ford, fastest overall (my only problem with this one is that i need to press brake trigger more than I'm used to)

Porsche, bit slower than Ford but easiest one to drive.

Ferrari, bit slower than other two and only that cant awd swap but can beat AI still easily and it's fun to drive.

While i was doing trial second time some mysterious force make this happend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb29h6EBQwY


Did 9 more runs on Trial today and really liked Ford. Made new tune for Porsche and it's still my favourite. I liked Ferrari too but what I checked from diagnostics, it has tendency to heat rear tyres a lot more than front. Might be what caught you. Happened to me on one of my Colossus runs today.

Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
Have struggled with the Trial so far because every time I've been in it, most of my team have quit after the first race (I actually came in best of the human players in the first race twice, but only made it to third - which is still my best ever finish in a Trial, right enough!).

Not sure if there's something been a bit glitchy, or if people are just assuming the 2nd/3rd races are unwinnable if we don't win the first?

Get the feeling I just need to be lucky with one good team and we'll nail it. I also wish I hadn't gone for the Ferrari, as struggling with the RWD control (I tend to play AWD wherever possible) so saving up FP to get the Ford and will try that on AWD if it's possible.

Thought the races on the Mustang v Pony championship were fiendish as hell. Shamefully admit to having to use lots of rewind when (due to my colour blind ***. struggling to see the racing line at points) I just went flying past various 90 degree checkpoint turns without even noticing them ! 🤣🤣🤣


I have shared tunes for this Trial for all the eligible cars. They are more on handling side than speed but yet no Trial lost of total 10 runs I have made so far.

Community champ had few places where routes had benefitted from props, to signal turns, but overall very good IMO.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:04:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
In the Series 15 update livestream they hinted at something big coming soon to spend our money on. I wonder if it was these two cars or if it's something else still to come. I only have about 1500 points right now and don't have that Ferrari for some reason. I'm going to hold off hoping something bigger and better is coming.

If “something big” meant that the Ford and Ferrari will be in Forzathon shop at 1000fp a pop then I’ll be done playing this game.

😂 Seriously!!!

That being said, I'm not a collector so is it still worthwhile for me to invest in either or both of the Classic Racers currently in the Forzathon Shop from the point of racing them in MP? If they aren't any good then I'd prefer to skip them. All opinions welcome! TIA


Classic Racers are IMO some of the most underused potential of FH4 SP. I really liked racing them stock on Custom Routes, lower class Jaguar, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, really great cars. Even on mid classes there is often quite a difference between sport car and (classic) racer. Racing stock is acquired taste I suppose, but there are certain things, like taking Ferrari 250 California on road and after that, racing version, 250 TR. Experience can be like realising something and I sometimes think FH4 doesn't get enough credit for making that sort of thing possible.

You could try racing rentals to see if they fit in what kind of experiences you are looking from the game. They are very expensive, but also unique in more than visual aspects. Colossus, Holyrood Park Circuit, the Goliath, the Marathon from basic routes IMO work for Classic Racers.


Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Yes, quite enjoyable this Trial.

Yes, I absolutely agree! This was definitely my favorite Trial for Series 15! Proof that a simple A800 road Trial can be a lot of fun too.


Me Three!
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:04:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
All the community routes were fun this week but my favorite was: in for a pony, in for a pound. It was a blast!


At the end I had cars jumping over my car from a cliff, it was funny, I should have recorded it.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:25:35 AM(UTC)
They definitely need to do more Classic Racers or whatever for seasonal events. Too much fun.
Rank: Racing Permit
#45 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 12:28:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post


Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
Have struggled with the Trial so far because every time I've been in it, most of my team have quit after the first race (I actually came in best of the human players in the first race twice, but only made it to third - which is still my best ever finish in a Trial, right enough!).

Not sure if there's something been a bit glitchy, or if people are just assuming the 2nd/3rd races are unwinnable if we don't win the first?

Get the feeling I just need to be lucky with one good team and we'll nail it. I also wish I hadn't gone for the Ferrari, as struggling with the RWD control (I tend to play AWD wherever possible) so saving up FP to get the Ford and will try that on AWD if it's possible.

Thought the races on the Mustang v Pony championship were fiendish as hell. Shamefully admit to having to use lots of rewind when (due to my colour blind ***. struggling to see the racing line at points) I just went flying past various 90 degree checkpoint turns without even noticing them ! 🤣🤣🤣


I have shared tunes for this Trial for all the eligible cars. They are more on handling side than speed but yet no Trial lost of total 10 runs I have made so far.

Community champ had few places where routes had benefitted from props, to signal turns, but overall very good IMO.


I think my biggest problem (in terms of my own performance) is that I am god-awful with RWD at the moment. As I say, I tend to use AWD, and if I'd realised the Ferrari could only be tuned to RWD for the Trial eligibility, I would have spent my FP on the Ford instead. Now I need to save up another 500 FP to get it!

I just can't seem to get to grips (pun only slightly intended) with RWD racing. I feel like I just go flying off the track too easily while the Drivatars seem to have tyres made of glue and velcro.
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 3:52:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
All the community routes were fun this week but my favorite was: in for a pony, in for a pound. It was a blast!


There was one I struggled with but I don't remember which one. The one I did second, as if that helps. The one that twists and turns through some areas that are technically paved roads, but aren't part of the main road.

And there weren't any real design reasons to complain about, except maybe not being able to pass on some of the narrower spots. It was just down to course familiarity.

In fact, I think I'm starting to narrow in on one of the more annoying factors of these community routes, and it's completely out of the creators' hands; Course familiarity. We're just so accustomed to the roads and corners as they are, in the over-world, or in the boxed-in courses, that when we come to one that's taken in an unfamiliar way, we're thrown for a loop.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#47 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 4:02:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
All the community routes were fun this week but my favorite was: in for a pony, in for a pound. It was a blast!


There was one I struggled with but I don't remember which one. The one I did second, as if that helps. The one that twists and turns through some areas that are technically paved roads, but aren't part of the main road.

And there weren't any real design reasons to complain about, except maybe not being able to pass on some of the narrower spots. It was just down to course familiarity.

In fact, I think I'm starting to narrow in on one of the more annoying factors of these community routes, and it's completely out of the creators' hands; Course familiarity. We're just so accustomed to the roads and corners as they are, in the over-world, or in the boxed-in courses, that when we come to one that's taken in an unfamiliar way, we're thrown for a loop.



I think the very one I was referring to is the one that had checkpoints off the main roads. It was something different and I had alot of fun sliding around the GT350. I'm not necessarily a grip guy, I like to slide my cars around corners, while being competitive. Just my style, sort of a finesse racer
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 4:30:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

In fact, I think I'm starting to narrow in on one of the more annoying factors of these community routes, and it's completely out of the creators' hands; Course familiarity. We're just so accustomed to the roads and corners as they are, in the over-world, or in the boxed-in courses, that when we come to one that's taken in an unfamiliar way, we're thrown for a loop.


I agree with you on that. One of the current community routes was mine (the one that goes into Edinburgh) - I purposefully tried not to put any unneccessary "trick" turns or checkpoints into the race, but the fact is that any unfamiliar turn is hard to read without having barriers like the official routes. I do like the idea behind these community routes though, as they help to keep the game fresh - and I especially like the way this season's were done, where the type and PI of the cars is dictated before the route is designed, so we don't get unfortunate events like the winter ones from a few weeks ago.

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2019 4:31:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:54:02 PM(UTC)
Completely agree with the last few comments.

Again being creator of the first race 'history of the pony car' there was a few places I'd have liked to put signage or barriers, however these tools are yet to be added to route creator. Hopefully they will appear in later updates.

When I create a race, I think about corners, my idea being that a racer has to navigate them correctly or else miss the exit checkpoint, on 90 degree turns I try making them wider, and AI friendly, however that's a challenge itself as AI have a mind of their own, barriers would help dramatically in track design.

The vast difference this season was indeed the objective was given prior to route creation, hence in my opinion made this season's community routes far more enjoyable over previous ones. Let's hope PG continue to give directions on what they want from our creations.

Not to mention we had a chance to tryout all races prior to inclusion as share codes by creators were shared on social platforms, as such those who tried them out were familiar with each route.

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2019 6:58:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 9:08:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jezza98 Go to Quoted Post
Seanbill - just to reply to your question below:

“I'm not a collector so is it still worthwhile for me to invest in either or both of the Classic Racers currently in the Forzathon Shop from the point of racing them in MP? If they aren't any good then I'd prefer to skip them. All opinions welcome! TIA”

I’m not as familiar with these two cars as some others but thoughts on each would be:

#2 GT40 - This is a pretty strong car in both A and S1 class but not one of the absolute best for MP so far as I’m aware. From memory, the times I’ve done with it in A class are slightly slower than the barn find GT40 but that might just be a case of the tune I’ve used.

Ferrari - I really like this car in S1 - with the right tune it’s got fantastic handling. However, it isn’t one I’ve ever used in ranked MP as certainly the tune I use lacks top end speed. It isn’t a top tier car in my experience.

In short, both are decent cars which you may well find fun (and reasonably competitive) in unranked races but they probably won’t cut the mustard against the absolute top tier A or S1 class cars (the GT40 is closer to doing so though)..

Thanks for your insight on the two cars! I was hoping there was something special about them other than just their histories. I've seen a few people race the barn find GT40 in MP, so maybe I'll take a serious look at that instead. Thanks for the suggestion!


Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Classic Racers are IMO some of the most underused potential of FH4 SP. I really liked racing them stock on Custom Routes, lower class Jaguar, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, really great cars. Even on mid classes there is often quite a difference between sport car and (classic) racer. Racing stock is acquired taste I suppose, but there are certain things, like taking Ferrari 250 California on road and after that, racing version, 250 TR. Experience can be like realising something and I sometimes think FH4 doesn't get enough credit for making that sort of thing possible.

You could try racing rentals to see if they fit in what kind of experiences you are looking from the game. They are very expensive, but also unique in more than visual aspects. Colossus, Holyrood Park Circuit, the Goliath, the Marathon from basic routes IMO work for Classic Racers.

Wow, I hadn't even considered the rental for that purpose. That's an excellent idea! Though I do feel bad about testing a car at the expense of teammates trying to win the Trial; but then again, I could always quit if I'm doing poorly with it. On another note, it's a shame we can't rent a variety of cars in FH4 as easily as we can in FM7.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error