3 Pages123Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:35:45 AM(UTC)
WINTER | SERIES 15

Starts November 7, 2019 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the third season of Series 15.

Next change: November 14 at 6:30 a.m.

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 400 FP Car: 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 350 FP Car: 1986 Audi #2 Sport Quattro S1
  • 250 FP Clothing: Modern Race Suit Blue
  • 250 FP Clothing: Modern Race Suit Red
  • Wheelspins cost this season: 30 FP & 125 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Winter Completion: 2001 TVR Tuscan S (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Winter Completion: 2006 Koenigsegg CCX (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series 15 Completion: 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Coupe (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 15 Completion: 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS (previously available Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 2005 BMW M3 or the 2006 Audi RS4
  • Earn 12 stars from Speed Traps in the M3 or RS4
  • Win 3 Road Series Events in the M3 or the RS4
  • Earn drift + pass skills to get 3 Showoff Skill combos in the M3 or the RS4

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.
  • Earn 2 Awesome Drift or E-Drift Skills
  • Earn 3 Drafting Skills
  • Complete a Road Sprint event
  • Earn 3 Awesome Clean Racing Skills
  • Drive for a total of 10 miles
  • Earn 2 Binman Skills
  • Earn 1 Air Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "The Triumvirate" | Dirt Racing | [B700] Peugeot 205 T16, Audi quattro, Lancia 037
  • Reward: 1984 Peugeot 205 T16 FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix: "Asault on the Control Room"
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin. Showcase Remixes contribute toward Star Card completion and rewards

Seasonal Playground Games: Bamburgh Castle | [A800] Offroad Buggies
  • Reward: 2018 Mini X-Raid John Cooper Works Buggy (previously available Exclusive model)

PR Stunt: Mudkickers' Showjump Danger Sign | 705.4 feet
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: Calton Hill Speed Trap | 170.0 mph

PR Stunt: Oldweir Speed Zone | 154.0 mph

Championship: "Winter Community Championship" | Dirt Racing | [B700] Evo vs. Impreza
  • Reward: 2004 Subaru WRX (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Power Struggle" | Road Racing | [S1 900] AMG vs. M Sport
  • Reward: 2010 BMW E92 M3 GTS (newly released Exclusive model)

Championship: "Magic Number" | Road Racing | [D500] Peel Trident, Peel P50, Reliant Supervan, or Morgan 3 Wheeler
  • Reward: 1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L (Notchback) (previously available Exclusive model)

Winter also means the lake drag strip is available.

Monthly Events
  • Horizon Story: Upgrade Heroes (permanent event)
  • Monthly Rivals: 1939 Auto Union Type D
  • Monthly Rivals: 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist, and are required for 100% in each season.

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:37:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:57:08 AM(UTC)
Hmm....

Might just do the Trial tonight, since the new exclusive is at 80%, and B class dirt racing is not at all unreasonable.

I'm pretty sure I've got B class tunes for all those cars already too. Leaning towards the Lancia. I'll have to see what I've got.

edit: wait, the CCX isn't a new exclusive. That's fine. I'll rethink it.

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:59:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:25:02 AM(UTC)
Forzathon Shop prices are down this season!
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:46:54 AM(UTC)
Winter is my favorite! Forgot about the time change so I got to do all my PR stuff before heading off to work
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:48:46 AM(UTC)
B-class Gauntlet in winter is definitely a lengthy task. But it was quite fun in the Audi Quattro.
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:11:05 AM(UTC)
I think 80% playlist reward car Koenigsegg CCX is part of fortune island. So if someone don't own the fortune island DLC what's going to happen?

I don't have any issues as I have it, just curious
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:21:41 AM(UTC)
Easy trial, first place all 3. 2nd try cause my first team was absolutely awful lol. I'm glad to finally contribute, I was terrible in the last few weeks with the S2. Lancia 037 Geministorm2 tune. Audi's could not touch me although 3 of 5 had stock cars. On to the games. Hopefully they will not take that long. And done with game after only 2 tries. Good deal

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:49:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:21:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kathees Go to Quoted Post
I think 80% playlist reward car Koenigsegg CCX is part of fortune island.

The Fortune Island DLC car is the 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S. The CCX was added in Series 11 as an Exclusive model available for use by every player.

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:22:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:23:23 AM(UTC)
The CCX isn’t in Fortune Island. It’s a prior exclusive car. It’s the CC8S in FI.
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:03:53 AM(UTC)
Made this livery for your 3 Wheeler Racing!

#11 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:30:24 AM(UTC)
The BMW E92 M3 GTS probably has the least tuneable downforce in any car, with 36/85 Kg-F
And an astounding 12/25 Kg-F at the low end.

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:33:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Low End

2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:47:03 AM(UTC)
Tips & Miscellany

The Trial

1. Bamburgh Pinewood Trail
2. Astmoor Rally Trail
3. The Gauntlet

Got this on first try.
Decided to gamble if I could enter with upgraded Subaru RS and it turned out that I couldn't. So I ended racing this with stock Audi.

Five out of six of us were driving stock too, but luckily we had really amazing team. Took some time to get on it, but I was doing pretty fine, being on 5th position one Drivatar ahead of me when I tried to cut the last checkpoint inside on flag but got too close to Drivatar and bounced from flag, finished 11th. How embarrassing.

Second and third event went better. I got 650 from both events, mostly because there were at least two players in our team who held Drivatars at bay. It took some time to figure out what roles different players had, but people understood what was happening.

On Gauntlet one Drivatar (Audi B700) slipped trough and did heck of a catchup on me and even managed to pass me once I slided too much on one checkpoint but I managed to come back. Ended winning over it with several seconds. Certainly memorable!

It's rare to see so much team effort on last race after team wins first two, but evidently that can happen. Really great experience, thanks to players in team.

Tips: Races are quite straight forward but on Titan it's worth a note that there is lot of tarmac in the middle, yet there is long mid speed and bit of technical section on dirt (or snow in this case) in the end. That section is good to mess Drivatars up but if you can keep your speed up. Watch out for boulders as they can slow you down a lot. When tuning, it's worth to note that you can lose a lot here if you tune just for tarmac.

EDIT: Did some more runs just for fun, this time with upgraded Audi. Tune shared, but there appears also to be good tune available from SprungBoss,

Seasonal Playground Games: Got this on first try. Pretty even and good match which went to third round which for us was flag rush where our Blue team went to victory after every last one on Red team quit.

Built '70 VW #1107 Desert Dingo for this. It's bit weird but fast. Tune shared.

PR Stunts: Bugatti Divo S2 for all.

Championships done using stock vehicles on Unbeatable difficulty. No abs, etc.

Championship: Power Struggle

Did this using BMW M4 GTS.

First one in this champ, Derwent Valley Dash is Street event turned to Road event. No traffic, start from the last row (unlike Street scene, where start on Unbeatable is from second last row). It's important to be on drafting distance from leading cars after downhill 90 degree to left.

Other routes are Greedale Club Circuit and Derwent Lakeside Sprint. On both races is good to watch out for M-B AMG A45 which can be difficult to catch up if it starts from first row.

Recommended car: BMW M4 GTS

ChampionshipChampionship: Magic Numbers

Bunch of circuits. Did this with Morgan 3-Wheeler and found this surprisingly fun. At least on higher difficulties Peel vehicles can be unpredictable to say at least, but with Morgan's high PI, they won't appear at all, you will be racing against other Morgan 3-Wheelers.

Recommended car: Morgan 3-Wheeler

Edit: According to info posted in this topic, Peel vehicles are valid choice, as even upgraded because of their low base PI, they stay in D 100 and can be raced against Drivatars driving stock.

Community Championship
1. Twisted Sister by RossBotron3000
Absolutely amazing technical route. Those who struggle on certain Ambleside events, perhaps use this opportunity to race 'till you can't take it anymore.

2. Rally & Jump by Hell Factor
Mix of high speed, stunt and technical racing. This one is also really awesome!

Just these events in Community champ this time, but IMO really good ones.

Did this with '04 Subaru WRX totally clueless that I was using price to win another price car. Should had paid more attention to details but thing happen.

It was great car anyway, and I would bet Subaru 22B is great on this too, though it's rare.

I recommended trying '99 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI GSR and Subaru WRX '05 should be common too.

Edit: Made another run on this with '99 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI GSR stock and it's really great for this champ.

Weekly #Forzathon challenge

Choosing '06 Audi RS 4 stock for this was no brainer, winter AWD

Notable Perks. There's one point perk for +5% Influence in Event Finish and 5 point perk for +10% influence for Dirt Races, which can be relevant during last part of weekly challenge.

12 Stars from Speed Traps. Easy method is to fast travel to set route destination to Oakwood Crest Speed Trap and then fast travel Tarn Hows Scramble. Tarn Hows is located near southern edge of map.

Follow the route from there through the Grange Speed Trap, yet maintaining speed but don't cut inside in bend before High Street Speed Trap. After that flat out towards route to final Oakwood Crest Speed trap where you set route marker. You should have 6 stars now but keep going towards traffic island.

In traffic island set route marker to Grange Speed Trap and start going back there from traffic island. Keep good speed to 2* High Street Speed trap, which has bit of tricky approach also from this direction because of uphill section before that. Keep going and once you have completed Crange Speed Trap again you should have 12 stars. If not, just do two star Grange again.

Win three Road Series events.

Good Road Circuits starting from easiest: On Lakehurst Copse Circuit I was lapping ~4 secs faster than Unbeatable Drivatars, ~2 seconds faster on Moorhead Windfarm Circuit and ~1,5 seconds faster on Greendale Club Circuit.

For trails, Derwent Lakeside Sprint and Lake District Sprint can be great experience, but watch out for Drivatar Volvo V60 Polestar, which can be really fast if it gets to start from first row positions.

Get 3 Showoff Combo skills.

For me easiest way to get these was on Tarn Hows Scramble. After short downhill section there comes really wide bend to the left which is great place to drift past Drivatars, and there are couple of other good opportunities soon after that. Race is also easy to win with Audi.

For those who like trying something different, Lake District Sprint allows similar opportunities in bend to left right after hill and in following wide high speed section. For those who prefer Street Scene, there's Lakehurst Rush, which shares a lot with Lake District Sprint. Derwent Lakeside Sprint is another option. For Road Circuits Moorhead Windfarm Circuit had snow and lot's of room inside curves which create opportunities.

Showcase Remix: Really like this one, I'm not sure why I prefer winter version over the usual. Product placement done right.

Edited by user Friday, November 8, 2019 12:31:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 11:31:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Championship: Power Struggle

Did this using BMW M4 GTS.

First one in this champ, Derwent Valley Dash is Street event turned to Road event. No traffic, start from the last row (unlike Street scene, where start on Unbeatable is from second last row). It's important to be on drafting distance from leading cars after downhill 90 degree to left.

Other routes are Greedale Club Circuit and Derwent Lakeside Sprint. On both races is good to watch out for M-B AMG A45 which can be difficult to catch up if it starts from first row.

Recommended car: BMW M4 GTS

Use the M3 to combine with the weekly. The last 2, at least, are road series races. Not sure if the first would count.

Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

ChampionshipChampionship: Magic Numbers

Bunch of circuits. Did this with Morgan 3-Wheeler and found this surprisingly fun. At least on higher difficulties Peel vehicles can be unpredictable to say at least, but with Morgan's high PI, they won't appear at all, you will be racing against other Morgan 3-Wheelers.

Recommended car: Morgan 3-Wheeler

P50 at D100 can't be touched. I wasn't racing against anything else, I was lapping Unbeatable drivatars.

1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 12:24:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Use the M3 to combine with the weekly. The last 2, at least, are road series races. Not sure if the first would count.

Yep. I used the same M3 as the Weekly #Forzathon Challenge, and they counted, even the first counted for some reason, though it's a Street Scene event. All you have to do is getting the 12 Speed Trap stars before entering the Championship.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:29:58 PM(UTC)
I love the fact that the Peel cars are SO low spec you can upgrade them and still be at D100, which means you'll still face stock opponents in the race.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:50:24 PM(UTC)
That Peel Trident is a beast!!!! That little monster moves!!! Low top end but 10 acceleration, 10 launch, it doesn't handle very well though. Not much tuning can be done to it.

And the community routes were absolutely superb this week. I enjoyed both races, sisters was my favorite though

Edited by user Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:23:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:37:39 PM(UTC)
The Trial was pretty easy. Second race, a teammate shoved me out of a checkpoint. After rewinding, my momentum forced me to miss it again. Then, the chucklehead who pushed me out of the checkpoint in the first place goes on to win, and we barely squeak by with 50 points. Ok, so we won, and he scored the win that gave us that edge. But if he hadn't shoved me out of the checkpoint, we could have easily won by a few hundred more, because we were both well ahead of at least 4 AIs.
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:55:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The Fortune Island DLC car is the 2002 Koenigsegg CC8S. The CCX was added in Series 11 as an Exclusive model available for use by every player.

Originally Posted by: jezza98 Go to Quoted Post
The CCX isn’t in Fortune Island. It’s a prior exclusive car. It’s the CC8S in FI.

Yeah, that's right guys. My mistake...
 4 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:24:58 PM(UTC)
The Trial was fun this week, fun Rally instead of holy mother of JESUS!!! S2 Road.
#20 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:00:27 AM(UTC)
Forzathon Weekly

For the speed trap I used my '06 Audi RS4 with my drag tune and went to the festival drag strip where I passed through the speed trap, hit rewind a few times, passed through the speed trap again and repeated until I had done it four times.

For the road races I used my blueprint with share code 139 709 154. The race is over in seconds.

For the showoff skils I used my bluprint with share code 699 097 134. The drivatars are driving on side of the road so drifting while passing them is super easy. The tune I used is my own and it's called Forzathon Weekly
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:02:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post
The Trial was fun this week, fun Rally instead of holy mother of JESUS!!! S2 Road.

Indeed, and the three-wheeler championship was even more fun. I want to see a trial like that soon.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:09:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SechsComic73130 Go to Quoted Post

Indeed, and the three-wheeler championship was even more fun. I want to see a trial like that soon.

Three-Wheeler trial sounds fun. +1
#23 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 3:23:13 AM(UTC)
Can see myself doing the Trial a fair few times just for fun as it's certainly entertaining. 205 with a handling build and rally tyres was, uh, interesting. All of the grip, absolutely none of the power, felt like I was in reverse at times. On the plus side gives an excuse to chuck on the ridiculous 205 wings to help get the PI down which is always a bonus and absolutely wrecked the field on Goliath, think it was just the top three that finished.

Might just be me but this is one of the very few weeks I'm a bit underwhelmed by what's on offer as rewards. Granted that's got something to do with a 700+ car garage but even so there's not a lot jumping out as being worth having a second version with a different build on.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 5:51:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TAB SNIPER Go to Quoted Post
Can see myself doing the Trial a fair few times just for fun as it's certainly entertaining. 205 with a handling build and rally tyres was, uh, interesting. All of the grip, absolutely none of the power, felt like I was in reverse at times. On the plus side gives an excuse to chuck on the ridiculous 205 wings to help get the PI down which is always a bonus and absolutely wrecked the field on Goliath, think it was just the top three that finished.

Might just be me but this is one of the very few weeks I'm a bit underwhelmed by what's on offer as rewards. Granted that's got something to do with a 700+ car garage but even so there's not a lot jumping out as being worth having a second version with a different build on.

I think I would be tempted to do it for fun as well if it wasn't for the mammoth final race, tbh. It was a lot of fun this time round though.

Anyone got any advice for beating the speed zone this time around? It's the only one I've really struggled with, but I can't seem to get above 140mph no matter what I do...
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
#25 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 5:53:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
The Trial was pretty easy. Second race, a teammate shoved me out of a checkpoint. After rewinding, my momentum forced me to miss it again. Then, the chucklehead who pushed me out of the checkpoint in the first place goes on to win, and we barely squeak by with 50 points. Ok, so we won, and he scored the win that gave us that edge. But if he hadn't shoved me out of the checkpoint, we could have easily won by a few hundred more, because we were both well ahead of at least 4 AIs.

One thing that drives me crazy is the rewind when you've missed a checkpoint in Trials - it almost always puts you in a position where you can't recover the first time, and you have to rewind again. Very annoying. Happened to me on race 2 and I went from 4th place to last because of it on that one. We still won, thankfully!
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error