4 Pages<<234Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 9:53:17 AM(UTC)
huh might try the cpu affinity fix and see what happens when i rev my engine standing stationary.

for me... i'd kinda love to think this is a driver issue that will eventually get fixed but i'm not entirely certain, i've had the stuttering issue since launch on and off, some updates ran great, some were unplayable.

before the final update i had been playing for month's without issue on my old system (core i5 4670k / 16gb ram and a 980ti) but upon the "final update" beeing released it turned in to a stuttering mess.

i was close to upgrading my system parts already sitting on a shelve just waiting for final bits so i figured my brand spanking new 12 core ryzen 3900x with 32gb ram and a 2070 super beast will surely run this flawlessly and better then ever... i was wrong, fresh windows installed mah stuff stuttering mess (now it's not horrible but when hurling at a corner at 200mph the slightest stutter in unacceptable).

So i started to hope maybe a windows update or a nvidia driver update will fix it well we're now 2 windows versions further (the final update came out right around when 1909 was getting adapted, that with it's updated drivers did nothing, i've installed and removed forza 7 a couple times over the past few month's when drivers jumped a big number but every time was dissapointment and now with windows 10 2004 and the gpu in charge of it's scheduling...nope still busted....i hope one of the above mentioned fixes helps cause i'm at this point certain forza 7 is a digital paperweight that will require a pc rated to run forza smoothly in it's current form to have a working forza, if you systems stuttering in forza 7 it seems to stick around >.<

had a similar issue with horizon 3 though that ended in a playable state, and horizon 4 has just been flawless

yea still a double nope, it's less noticeable in freeplay with 2 vehicles on the track but reving the engine does nothing to my framerate continue's in a solid 144 sometimes dropping to 136 but not in a stuttery fasion. and core affinity seemed to work reducing the micro stutters from a handfull to 2 but the 2 stutters that did appear were half a second to a full second long so....yea...still borderline unplayable :(

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 11:14:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 5:12:45 PM(UTC)
Everything's been fine with the game for several months but the heavy stuttering has started again after installing the latest Nvidia driver. Didn't really notice the problem until tonight because every other game I play runs fine but when I was half way through a 30 minute private league race at Road Atlanta the stuttering started and by the 20 minute mark it was unbearable.

Either someone from Turn 10 or Nvidia seriously needs to address this issue because it's like every third WHQL driver literally breaks this game. Also before someone says it's a bug with Windows 10 version 2004, it's definitely not because the game ran fine on this build with the 446.14 driver.

My setup:
CPU - I9 9900K
Cooler - Corsair H110i AIO
RAM - 32 GB (4x8 DDR4)
GPU - Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE (Hybrid)
OS - Windows 10 (2004)
Motherboard - Asus Prime Z390-A
PSU - EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Monitor - ASUS ROG Strix XG438Q
Nvidia Driver - 451.48
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
#78 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:37:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ruet Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I really dug into this last night and have concluded that my manifestation of this problem (v-sync drops from 60-55 fps while I can run 150fps + unlocked) has to do with... ...engine sounds.

No, I can not confirm.

For me it is purely the location on track (not always a turn).
It doesn't matter how fast or what rpm I use at these particular spots.

The only way to reduce frame drop and stutter at these spots, is to drive past them a few times within the same lap. Drive past it, turn around, drive past it (against track direction, even there the stutters happen). Rinse and repeat. After about 5 times, the stutters go away and I can travel this spot without any stutter or frame drop.
But it is back in the next lap.

This won't be fixed. FM8 is right around the corner. Something happened to FM7 after, I don't know... half a year after release? I don't even remember when it started. But I do remember that I was perfectly able to get rockstable 60 FPS, even during replay with all the cars. It was a great experience back in the days of FM7. All graphics maxed and still getting smooth 60 FPS vsynced.

But then something happened and it all went down.
I still think it might be connected to spectre...
#79 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:24:24 AM(UTC)
Mine was running great until the 2004 Windows update. My previous fix was to max out the graphics settings until i was at a steady 70-75fps, then change the in game frame rate setting to dynamic. I'm running triple 1440p 144hz monitors. I never had a single issue when I was running my triple 1080p 75hz monitors. I just think the game don't like a high frame rate. It's much less noticeable going from 75 to 55 fps, then going from 144 to 55 fps drops. I do notice that it is track location specific, and also high speed changes seem to have an effect on it as well. The black screen starts in multiplayer are stupid annoying as well.
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 10:25:57 AM(UTC)
there are a lot of posts, so I don't want to read them all, but if you're using adaptive graphics settings, disable that and set them manually. The game is dumb, my menu is so laggy that it irritates the **** out of me on adaptive settings. But, even with everything turned up, 4K with 200% resolution scaling and MSAA at 2x it runs perfectly stable at 60 fps. So the only conclusion is the adaptive settings are trying to run more AA than my hardware is capable of since that is literally the one setting that isn't turned up as high as it will go. However, I race from cockpit view, it seems to be not quite as hard on the GPU as some of the other views. Also, I disable custom liveries for drivatars, I don't know if that helps.
i9 9900K @ 5.3 GHz
32 GB DDR4 GSkill Trident 4000 MHz
SLI RTX 2080 Ti FE
EVGA Z390 Dark
2 TB FireCuda M.2 SSD
EVGA P21600 PSU
#81 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 5:36:25 PM(UTC)
I never touch any of the adaptive settings, for me personally the issue is driver related so until Nvidia release a new driver I've gone back to 446.14 because that driver runs fine. as for switching off liveries that works fine for single player but I only really do online e-sports leagues.
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 12:19:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WeamDreaver Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ruet Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I really dug into this last night and have concluded that my manifestation of this problem (v-sync drops from 60-55 fps while I can run 150fps + unlocked) has to do with... ...engine sounds.

No, I can not confirm.

For me it is purely the location on track (not always a turn).
It doesn't matter how fast or what rpm I use at these particular spots.

The only way to reduce frame drop and stutter at these spots, is to drive past them a few times within the same lap. Drive past it, turn around, drive past it (against track direction, even there the stutters happen). Rinse and repeat. After about 5 times, the stutters go away and I can travel this spot without any stutter or frame drop.
But it is back in the next lap.

This won't be fixed. FM8 is right around the corner. Something happened to FM7 after, I don't know... half a year after release? I don't even remember when it started. But I do remember that I was perfectly able to get rockstable 60 FPS, even during replay with all the cars. It was a great experience back in the days of FM7. All graphics maxed and still getting smooth 60 FPS vsynced.

But then something happened and it all went down.
I still think it might be connected to spectre...

Yeah it's a weird bird. When it first came out I had stuttering until "turn off game mode" became a thing. Like you, I can't pinpoint when things went off the rails this time. What really **** es me off is that I went and played some Horizon 4 and it was Flawless. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by user Saturday, July 4, 2020 12:20:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 11:30:52 AM(UTC)
I'm yet another person tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is causing my stuttering issues. I am trying to complete the Sebring 300 but around 8-10 laps in and the dreaded stuttering begins and gets progressively worse the more laps I do. It happens in other races too but seems to be completely random as sometimes I can have a good 3 hour session with no problems.

I am on Windows 10 1909, have a RTX 2070 Super, 16GB RAM, i7 9700K, 165Hz G-Sync monitor and my game is stored on my 1TB m.2 NVME drive along with the OS. I have read and tried various people's suggestions such as changing the affinity of the CPU cores for the game (no configuration works), disabling G-Sync, various in-game graphics settings and configs and I am using the latest Nvidia drivers 451.67. I just can't seem to get rid of the stuttering or find any real reason why it's happening. My GPU and CPU usage are low (around 40% for GPU and 20% for CPU), the VRAM is around 5-6GB of use out of 8GB and my system RAM is around 3GB usage out of 16GB.

I guess this will always remain a mystery as I have seen posts going back to 2017 for the same issue and seeing as the game is end of life now and FM8 is imminent, we will probably never see a fix. It's a real shame because I love the game and want to play it but the stuttering just makes it unplayable.
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:05:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NarwhalDancer Go to Quoted Post
I'm yet another person tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is causing my stuttering issues. I am trying to complete the Sebring 300 but around 8-10 laps in and the dreaded stuttering begins and gets progressively worse the more laps I do. It happens in other races too but seems to be completely random as sometimes I can have a good 3 hour session with no problems.

I am on Windows 10 1909, have a RTX 2070 Super, 16GB RAM, i7 9700K, 165Hz G-Sync monitor and my game is stored on my 1TB m.2 NVME drive along with the OS. I have read and tried various people's suggestions such as changing the affinity of the CPU cores for the game (no configuration works), disabling G-Sync, various in-game graphics settings and configs and I am using the latest Nvidia drivers 451.67. I just can't seem to get rid of the stuttering or find any real reason why it's happening. My GPU and CPU usage are low (around 40% for GPU and 20% for CPU), the VRAM is around 5-6GB of use out of 8GB and my system RAM is around 3GB usage out of 16GB.

I guess this will always remain a mystery as I have seen posts going back to 2017 for the same issue and seeing as the game is end of life now and FM8 is imminent, we will probably never see a fix. It's a real shame because I love the game and want to play it but the stuttering just makes it unplayable.

It could be a driver issue. Latest nvidia drivers are causing stutter in Assassins Creed Odyssey and Origin, so maybe it is similar case with FM7. Try older drivers (few iterations back) and see, if it helps.

#85 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:46:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NarwhalDancer Go to Quoted Post

It could be a driver issue. Latest nvidia drivers are causing stutter in Assassins Creed Odyssey and Origin, so maybe it is similar case with FM7. Try older drivers (few iterations back) and see, if it helps.

You were right, it was a driver issue. I uninstalled 451.67 with DDU and installed 442.50 and retried the race and it worked fine all the way through with no stutter. Hopefully this has resolved the issue and I'm hoping FM8 won't have any problems with the newest Nvidia drivers. Thanks for the help.
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 12:36:03 PM(UTC)
Try to COMPLETLEY uninstall your Nvidia Geforce game ready drivers and play the game
#87 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 8:18:53 PM(UTC)
Uninstalling avast worked for me, thanks.
#88 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 10:09:13 AM(UTC)
Fix for me:

Install it on SSD (i have a nvme SSD)
Install Nvidia Driver 451.85 (I have to install this Driver twice. I Upgrade from 442.20 to 451.85 than to the newest on the Nvidia Driver Page than Back to 442.20 than to 451.85^^)(on my First try i got Bad Texture glitches).
Turn Off win10 Gamemode
Search in the searchbar of win10 after grahpicssettings.
There is a new Option (GPU scheduling - only win10 2004 newest version) Turn this on and add Forza 7 and choose high Performance.

Edith: Stuttering is not fixed complete but a lot better.

Turn 10 fix this Game. I have paid 90€ on Launch and thats a shame how the Game is now Stuttering. I think there is a Problem with wddm or the vram management. I love Forza 7 but the Stuttering is .....
Forza 8? No way till Forza 7 is fixed!

Edited by user Thursday, October 1, 2020 3:45:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error