4 Pages1234PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:40:36 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Yeah Turn 10 won't do anything now, the game is two years old and to be fair it's clearly the drivers that are causing the issue because Forza Horizon 4 is having similar problems. Honestly I'm quite happy to play on console for the time being and I'm pretty sure Nvidia can fix it, it's just a case of being patient.

It is the driver, but you would be remiss to focus too much on the driver. The driver is part of a program which does not work right *specifically with the driver(s). 15 drivers released this year and 2 of them work almost correctly, you have documented this well, that is for me the software. Not looking closely at the driver in my troubleshooting has revealed a great deal of problems with this software.

In most simple terms, consider, all other games work fine with the other drivers. OP said this, you said this, I agree, my PC is fine with all other software except FM7.

We share the same sentiment in hope for something from nVidia, I think people got a raw deal here and deserve a working game. I refused to wait any longer some time ago and got this 250gb build working the way the game is expected to.

(Edit: REVISED I have done the same Monza short track as you did in your 431.60 video. I have used 431.60 which is seen at the end of the video. Same high quality video as your video, focus on the blue sign corner 1 as we did before on your video and see how smooth it is. Notice much of the track is smooth. If you watch with an eagles eye, you see in the 9 laps its 95% -not perfect. With driver 419.67 on the 250gb build I can say it is close to 100%. I can't capture with 419.67 as it does not have the in game capture feature.) Link to follow later today.

Update I just viewed the video for the first time and it does not look like this on the screen in game. I am using GeForce experience to record. If I were to tap the HDMI cable with a hardware recorder my comments above would be valid. Description above from in game experience, recorded video is a bit off, not quite as described above. I think the recording is sourced from the card and not the actual port output. Let me look into this and will update this evening.

* Update * I have used OBS recorder & now tried Dr. Capture. Running this recorder (screen only no audio) 4.4mb little program which uses little resources messed up my game, it had some small stutters and I immediately exited and removed this software. Game is back to 100%. I am NOT going to have this game go wrong and end up re-installing Windows and putting FM7 back on -Putting this 250gb build together was a once off. Once again, this software is rubbish… FM7 is built rubbish… a 4.4mb screen capture software installed that throws this game off? What software do you have installed which could potentially mess your game up? A lot you know of & a lot you don’t.

There won’t be any more videos or updates from me, everything has been said in this thread..

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:32:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:00:59 AM(UTC)
hi guys

interesting discussion ;)
do u have monitored your gpu ?
like I said in previous page :
at the beginnig of the race ,my gpu is used at 100% (I play in 1440p@165hz screen) , no problem at all , the game is pefectly smooth during the first lap , But after a while , for unknown reason , the gpu is used at 50-60% only , and I notice stuttering and not smooth game :(
that explains the stuttering and the game not smooth (but that doesn't explain WHY the gpu is only used at 50-60% after a while :/ )
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:45:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StarfoxManiac Go to Quoted Post
hi guys

interesting discussion ;)
do u have monitored your gpu ?
like I said in previous page :
at the beginnig of the race ,my gpu is used at 100% (I play in 1440p@165hz screen) , no problem at all , the game is pefectly smooth during the first lap , But after a while , for unknown reason , the gpu is used at 50-60% only , and I notice stuttering and not smooth game :(
that explains the stuttering and the game not smooth (but that doesn't explain WHY the gpu is only used at 50-60% after a while :/ )

StarfoxManiac : Your graphics card load during game play is working correctly, Ax4X Nelly & I both have RTX cards working the same. His videos, the load is seen 38-41% range, mine 50-55% range.

In this thread -We identified, described, tested & have referenced the results with videos.

We can’t go much further troubleshooting this. *Symptoms suggest drivers as the problem, however, the performance problem is exacerbated by and principally the fault of the software. After reading this thread & *understanding it --> https://forums.forzamoto...ttering--unplayable.aspx - (Edit, this line needs to be clarified) You would be correct to state the drivers have nothing to do with the performance problems of this game -they do affect how bad/good the symptoms are.

* Final update 2 posts above *

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:56:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:48:38 PM(UTC)
hi Nickingb

thank u very much for this explanation : I believe it was abnormal to have only 50% after a while.
so now , I really hope NVidia will fix it soon.
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 12:52:06 AM(UTC)
1. In any race after 1-2 laps stuttering begins.
2. Sometimes shadows from cars and elements of a race track are incorrectly displayed.
It all started with the 440th NVidia driver series.
Any other games work fine, including Forza Horizon 4.
My config:
i7 8700K
RTX2080Ti
32Gb RAM
Game installed on SSD

Edited by user Sunday, November 17, 2019 12:54:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:19:12 AM(UTC)
OK, I'm not alone with this phenomenon. Never hat anything similar.
#32 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:51:37 AM(UTC)
yes , this problem is very annoying , I love FM7 and I can play correctly :(
I dont want to install previous driver cos I had other game that they need recent drivers.
#33 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 12:28:32 PM(UTC)
guys I apologize in advance in speaking I am Italian.

I also have the same problems of stuttering every 3 sec. it stops very few thousandths of a second and does so continuously
I have a 1080 you latest nvidia driver
bitdefender antivirus
gears of war 5 goes great, many other games are fine
only strength from these problems, I know that there will be no way to fix
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:36:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZAMHome Go to Quoted Post
1. In any race after 1-2 laps stuttering begins.
2. Sometimes shadows from cars and elements of a race track are incorrectly displayed.
It all started with the 440th NVidia driver series.
Any other games work fine, including Forza Horizon 4.
(..)
Game installed on SSD

exactly like this.
Last week I upgraded from GTX 1060 to RTX 2060S. I believe with the GTX graphics card I had not these problems. Other driver maybe?
I'll try on of the older driver (436.30)...

EDIT:
Installed 436.30 and it seems to solve the Problem. Seems to be a driver related issue.

What a mess...

Edited by user Monday, November 18, 2019 2:36:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:22:33 PM(UTC)
Hi anyone tried the 441.20 driver to see if it fixed low fps?
*edit the 441.20 driver does nothing game is still broken

Edited by user Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:48:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:08:48 AM(UTC)
I just opened another thread on this yesterday. I literally booted up the game for the first time yesterday and it cannot be played. Its not stutters, the game freezes every other second, your inputs are not even recognized. Its literally the worst performance Ive ever seen in any game period. Especially after 2 years of drivers and updates. Embarrassing. I've tried 436.30 and 436.48 and neither worked. I just upgraded to Win 1909 this morning so we'll see what that does.

Absolute and utter failure on Turn 10 Microsoft. 2 years of updates and it seems more than 50% of PC players cannot even play the game. I'll be denied a refund as well as I bought a key from an ebay seller who didnt want his free copy. I would have never thought a 2 yr old game would be unplayable. I've been on PC for years and I usually wait 3 months for the updates and bug fixes, I dont expect it to still be in an unplayable state years later with zero acknowledgement form the devs.

Microsoft game on Microsoft platform. I will NEVER EVER purchase a MS or Forza game again. Although they dont care because the only worthy consumer is a xbox player, just know that I will do all I can to help make sure you continue to fail. Twitter is a MF'er
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:43:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PappellaMab Go to Quoted Post
Installed 436.30 and it seems to solve the Problem. Seems to be a driver related issue.

What a mess...

436.48 is working as well.

I hope it gets fixed with the next drivers version.

Originally Posted by: latexyankee85 Go to Quoted Post
(..)
Absolute and utter failure on Turn 10 Microsoft. 2 years of updates and it seems more than 50% of PC players cannot even play the game.
(..)

idk, seems more likely it's an (NVIDIA) driver related issue or the combination of the newer NVIDIA driver an FM7.
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:18:58 AM(UTC)
I literally booted up the game for the first time yesterday and it cannot be played. Its not stutters, the game freezes every other second, your inputs are not even recognized.

You are correct, they are not stutters. A computer running a game with settings above its capabilities has the graphics card overburdened & unable to keep up with the software’s 3D engine demands. This results in stutters. You can upgrade your graphics card or lower the settings Ultra --> High to get the game-play you looking for.

FM7 game/software has load on the GPU, range 35% - 60% (check videos posted here) What looks like stutters, is a 3D game engine not functioning correctly. Add that, the software, is trying to optimize itself in real time and you have software malfunctioning -that’s what everyone here is experiencing. If you get stutters in a game with little GPU load the only other thing is to look at the CPU. The CPU load is a lower % than the GPU -mine 17-20%.

The game does not load balance the CPU cores correctly either, also attributing to the “stutters”. That’s why affinity settings can improve the game for you. (videos posted here). I think it was a video from Ax4x Nelly who says, during his game capture, that the game is stuck on 1 of his cores.

nVidia have to deal with a lot of reports of this problem. They know that people complaining about the driver(s) know enough about computers to complain about them, but not enough about computers to realize not to complain to them. -this does not mean you are/were wrong to think it’s the driver(s)

This problem is Turn 10’s problem. People paid for this software -it does not work right.

Almost 20 years ago I got a pirate copy of Warcraft III, released by Razor 1911, finished the game then purchased it. -You should support developers who release quality titles. My Forza Horizon 4 is a CODEX version. I will not buy it.

Edited by user Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:28:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:44:08 AM(UTC)
If there are no many issues on PC, and you guys love the game and want to play it so badly, why not just get a One-X? They've gotten quite affordable now. Fraction of the cost of these gaming PCs.
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:20:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
If there are no many issues on PC, and you guys love the game and want to play it so badly, why not just get a One-X? They've gotten quite affordable now. Fraction of the cost of these gaming PCs.

I agree with you. I think there are only 2 options. Xbox, as you suggest or a HDD with only Windows and FM7. (This build is proven with 1903 and old nVidia drivers)

Xbox is static hardware. PC... different OS, different CPU manufacturers with different cores, different graphics cards, different DDR speeds, different motherboards/chip-set's -all of this, with different drivers. -It is plausible that the game was developed for Xbox then made for PC -without being correctly made for PC <-- too much evidence of this.

Edited by user Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:23:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:46:48 AM(UTC)

I don't think many people are going to be buying a console for just FM7, especially when there's a pretty decent selection of racing games on PC. Even if the X is cheaper it's still a fair bit of money that could be saved or spent elsewhere.

#42 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:11:23 AM(UTC)

What a mess...

436.48 is working as well.

I hope it gets fixed with the next drivers version.

(..)
Absolute and utter failure on Turn 10 Microsoft. 2 years of updates and it seems more than 50% of PC players cannot even play the game.
(..)

idk, seems more likely it's an (NVIDIA) driver related issue or the combination of the newer NVIDIA driver an FM7.

No driver I have tried has worked for me, Ive tried many including 436.48
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:48:13 AM(UTC)
a friend of mine has hardware
cpu i7 8700k
16gb ram I don't remember the frequency
nod32 antivirus
asrock motherboard
gpu 1080ti gigabyte aorus
to him the game works perfectly
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:52:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nickingb Go to Quoted Post
I literally booted up the game for the first time yesterday and it cannot be played. Its not stutters, the game freezes every other second, your inputs are not even recognized.

You are correct, they are not stutters. A computer running a game with settings above its capabilities has the graphics card overburdened & unable to keep up with the software’s 3D engine demands. This results in stutters. You can upgrade your graphics card or lower the settings Ultra --> High to get the game-play you looking for.

FM7 game/software has load on the GPU, range 35% - 60% (check videos posted here) What looks like stutters, is a 3D game engine not functioning correctly. Add that, the software, is trying to optimize itself in real time and you have software malfunctioning -that’s what everyone here is experiencing. If you get stutters in a game with little GPU load the only other thing is to look at the CPU. The CPU load is a lower % than the GPU -mine 17-20%.

The game does not load balance the CPU cores correctly either, also attributing to the “stutters”. That’s why affinity settings can improve the game for you. (videos posted here). I think it was a video from Ax4x Nelly who says, during his game capture, that the game is stuck on 1 of his cores.

nVidia have to deal with a lot of reports of this problem. They know that people complaining about the driver(s) know enough about computers to complain about them, but not enough about computers to realize not to complain to them. -this does not mean you are/were wrong to think it’s the driver(s)

This problem is Turn 10’s problem. People paid for this software -it does not work right.

Almost 20 years ago I got a pirate copy of Warcraft III, released by Razor 1911, finished the game then purchased it. -You should support developers who release quality titles. My Forza Horizon 4 is a CODEX version. I will not buy it.

I have a 1080 ti zotac amp extreme
cpu i7 4770k
ram 8gb 1866
I tried also in low resolution
I tried everything light but continuous stuttering
cpu 40%
gpu 60%
ram 90%
in 1440p mode
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:21:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post

I don't think many people are going to be buying a console for just FM7, especially when there's a pretty decent selection of racing games on PC. Even if the X is cheaper it's still a fair bit of money that could be saved or spent elsewhere.

Okay, fair enough - just saying that someone who took the trouble of creating a post and exhausting every option to get FM7 running smoothly on their PC - might want to consider investing in a One-X. It's a good investment I think even in 2019.
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:02:10 PM(UTC)

Okay, fair enough - just saying that someone who took the trouble of creating a post and exhausting every option to get FM7 running smoothly on their PC - might want to consider investing in a One-X. It's a good investment I think even in 2019.

I have resorted to using my console for FM7 but my main reason for wanting to play on the PC is because of the higher framerate. Once you've played at 120 fps it feels terrible going back to 60 fps.

Problem is like the other guys on here I play a lot of newer games so sticking with the older drivers is kinda out of the question.
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 1:14:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ax4x Nelly Go to Quoted Post

I have resorted to using my console for FM7 but my main reason for wanting to play on the PC is because of the higher framerate. Once you've played at 120 fps it feels terrible going back to 60 fps.

Problem is like the other guys on here I play a lot of newer games so sticking with the older drivers is kinda out of the question.

Hmm - well, I suppose so - although 60 fps on my TV is smooth and seamless, I honestly have no complaints whatsoever. No lag, no eyestrain, no nothing - buttery smooth. Looks really good on Xbox One-X, even if you have a 1080p TV with a good image processing engine.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:24:42 PM(UTC)
Not sure if NVIDIA is aware of this problem, so I made a topic on their forums.

https://www.nvidia.com/e...stutteringfreezing-and-/
#49 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:51:08 AM(UTC)
Any update here? I've tried every driver (well not every but most) dating back to 2018.
#50 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:25:52 AM(UTC)
Driver 436.30 fixed it for me.

Make sure you do a complete uninstall of the current driver.

Thank you for the suggestion of rolling back, the stuttering was ruining games night for me.

Here's the link to 436.60
https://www.nvidia.com/d...esults.aspx/151275/en-us

Edited by user Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:27:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error