This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:03:19 AM(UTC)
I recently sold my consoles and built this PC.

Ryzen 9 3900x
x570-E chipset
16GB DDR4 3600
RTX 2070 Super

Every game (about a dozen at this point) has run incredibly well, except Forza Motorsport 7. It runs great at first and I can benchmark at 140+ FPS with minimum around 120. Some stuttering at each sub-menu and pre-race where the driver avatar and car will appear very jerky that I attributed to things loading. No biggie. Once in race things run great, for about 3-5 mins. Then the stuttering starts.

At first it once every 10-15 seconds, it's like the game freezes for just a split second. It's almost difficult to notice it coming on. Then it occurs more and more frequently and the little freezes duration increase to half a second or more each until by the 8-12 minute point in any race, in any car on any track is completely unplayable. Playing career mode all the races were about 5 minutes or less and this was barely noticeable or easily dismissed. By the time I got the first endurance race at SPA, by the 6th lap, it's unplayable.

What I've tried so far,
-Updating drivers
-Closing absolutely every program running in background, including other game(Xbox) related software
-Reinstalling game
-Fiddling with CPU affinity settings (per thread on these forums)
-Reinstalling out of date nVidia driver 436.30(per the "known issues" troubleshooting page), current is 441.12 as of this post.
-Called Microsoft Tech support who told me to get on here and asked if I'd rebooted my PC more than once....

Nothing has worked. Where do I go from here? Will this game be updated again/fixed? It doesn't sound like this is isolated to me?

Thanks,
Grant
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 4:53:22 PM(UTC)
What works for me is to change the refresh rate in windows from 144hz to 60hz and run it unlocked vsync ingame.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:29:21 PM(UTC)
Could be anti-virus related. I had similar issue, uninstalling Avast (not just disable temporally, fully uninstallation) fix it for me.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:19:59 PM(UTC)
I knew it would be PC related.
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:51:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mongo322 Go to Quoted Post
I recently sold my consoles and built this PC.

Ryzen 9 3900x
x570-E chipset
16GB DDR4 3600
RTX 2070 Super

Nothing has worked. Where do I go from here? Will this game be updated again/fixed? It doesn't sound like this is isolated to me?

Thanks,
Grant

Hi Mongo322,

I too have had what you have described. Identical. Like you I am on RTX/AMD -mine 1800x. Also, I too have tried everything. I wanted this game working and not going to take no for an answer. I did this recently and posted my results in the description of on an older YouTube video. Description is “Forza motorsport stuttering fix” https://www.youtube.com/...lDiQ?view_as=subscriber

Below is an excerpt from the description in the channel’s videos. (It might be worth you reading the description in its entirety)

*** Update 04/11/2019 *** I got my retail/paid version of FM7 working 100%. Did this over the weekend. I put a spare 250Gb SSD into my desktop (disabled original 2TB SSD) installed Windows 10, 1709 17 Oct 2017. Installed Nvidia driver 419.67 25 March 2019. Installed FM7. Nothing else installed. Game working with my RTX/1800x 16 cores. Played for 2 days without problems. Let windows update to 1903 & it installed a later Nvidia driver, I put it back to 419.67. Game is still 100%. I dual boot my 2TB with everything on it, or boot the 250gb drive with a simple windows install & FM7. Min 59.6 Max 60.2 Avg 60.0 benchmark and it sits on 60FPS constantly playing the game. Not a practical solution -it certainly tells you a great deal about this game.

I saw my new install working well from the start. I did the Bernese Alps track and at lap 6-7 on left corner coming out of the tunnel I had a sudden aggressive shuddering of multiple stutters for 2-3 seconds. Then nothing for another 6-7 laps then again on the same corner however it was 1 second and about 20% as strong as the first time, then again at lap 20 same corner a mild 1 tiny little stutter, then nothing for all laps after that. The pattern was easy to see. The game has built in software to calibrate itself to your PC hardware setup.

Interested in seeing this behavior more, I started up lime rock and 1-2 other shorter tracks. They seemed fine, I understood this as the game had finished calibrating itself. But not satisfied I started up then bigger tracks, Suzuka. Did around 20 laps and sure enough the patter reappeared at a specific time on the track, it appeared only once like the 3rd and last 1 mild tiny stutter on the Alps, then nothing again after that. I proceeded to then play the game in this manner to “calibrate the remaining tracks” -I have not completed all yet however the pattern is as you would imagine, the same throughout.

This type of calibration, I cannot see in version 1.141.192.2, it is seen in 1.174.4791.2

I made note of running the FPS viewer in game throughout. The game is today running at 60.0FPS nonstop, it might *might once a lap drop to 59.9 -but no lower.

For this game to work as best as possible, you want all the resources free. Having a built PC with work-related apps, MS office, a bunch of services and programs loaded in the background or multitasking causes a problem, as when this calibration does not work right it goes horribly wrong. It is working non stop at trying to get the very best results for your system, so that would explain why your game is ok at first but then goes bad.

Because the game performance is influenced by the resources and how they are used by other programs, you have a can of worms of problems.

I have a dual boot machine now for this game. Only windows and an old nVidia driver installed, nothing else. -If you are so inclined -perhaps a small project for a weekend some time? 250gb SSD is cheap.

* Update 09/11/2019 *

This game/piece of software has major flaws. The stuttering flaw, has tried to be fixed, by this feature of calibration/optimization in real time. (Game optimization should be done prior to game-play, it should never be done during game-play) Turn 10 made monstrous errors in the development of this game which in trying to fix paradoxically causes more problems. Another thing this software does wrong is engaging the graphics card non stop, even during navigating the menu. The new call of duty is how games are supposed to be (how they have all ways been), graphics card GPU & memory clock at base levels & only engaged when the level starts.. Before the level starts you get a banner message telling you its optimizing the game prior to level starting. It's not that call of duty is doing it right but rather that FM7 does it wrong. Everything can affect FM7, changing anything might help or hinder the performance. I took all possibilities of problems away in this 250gb build and the results are what you would expect. The game still -can you even believe this?? Still has minor problems, here ---> In 1 sitting I did A class rivals 48 laps of VIR North Circuit, then 22 laps of Prague Full, then COTA 12 laps. I then did Evolution Open 6 races, then Masters Open Elite 6 races. At race 2 of Open Elite there started very small little stutters which lasted remainder of the races (FPS lowest was 52.1). The real time optimization/calibration was going bad... the game was still very much playable. Rebooted the PC & everything back to normal.

I need to play this game for more than 2 hours before it starts its nonsense with me. I never play for this long so will not have to deal with this again. Its not a viable solution, people don't want to put in a new HDD and set it up as I have done, if you do -its problem free.

Edited by user Saturday, November 9, 2019 7:19:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 5:19:15 AM(UTC)
i have the same issue that you described since last few nvidia or windows update idk,game was running flawless without any stuttering before.
CPU:9900K
GPU:RTX2080Ti
running bitdefender as my antivirus software, does it related?
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 1:33:58 AM(UTC)
If you're not bothered about the newer driver features DDU whatever driver your using and install either 431.60 or 436.30, these are pretty much the only two recent drivers that actually work well with Forza 7 and Horizon 4.

I personally play a lot of other games so I've gone back to playing Forza on the console but Nvidia have received a bunch of reports about the Forza titles and a lot of Non-UWP DX12 games that also have issues with these recent drivers, hopefully there is some sort of fix in the works because honestly it's ridiculous how bad these newer drivers have been.
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 2:33:04 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue with Nvidia drivers above 436.48, so i think it's driver related problem. With the older driver everything runs fine. I hope this will be fixed soon.
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 6:17:40 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue since upgrading to a RTX2070. A race starts fine. However, after 5 or so laps the stuttering get really bad the frame rate drops below 30fps making it unplayable.
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 7:16:38 AM(UTC)
Here is a video of the 250gb build. I have laid out all the info of the build in the beginning of the video. I then go onto 2 laps of VIR North A-Class Rivals, then move to a 4 lap cup event of Suzuka in the rain. You will see the FPS does not really move from 60.0 -like before the video at times is shaky (cheap free capture software) you might think it's the game, it is not but if you are unsure just look at the FPS counter when the game capture looks shaky. (No affinity settings applied -not needed)

I have put an update in my earlier post regarding this build.

https://www.youtube.com/...lDiQ?view_as=subscriber "New 250gb build testing"

https://youtu.be/TOyGGvCMma8 --> direct link

If anyone has a suggestion of free capture software that works well, please let me know.

** Update 10/11/2019 *

Diver mentioned here, being 431.60 is 1 of 2 which I have had success with affinity settings. The COD optimized version 440.97 did not work with affinity settings. I am leaving the old version I have on my 250gb build. My first post here was some months ago, the goal of 60FPS non stop (as I had before I upgraded my PC) is finally reached. I am very confident FM8 will have many many issues fixed, as a developer they must have dealt with a tidal wave of complaints for the last 2 years.

Edited by user Saturday, November 9, 2019 10:55:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 2:36:05 PM(UTC)
Hi guys

i Confirm , it s a driver problem since 436.51
no problem with 436.48 and older drivers.
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 4:51:47 PM(UTC)
I think I may have found a solution.

I am running an I7 9700 with an RTX 2060 (i know, not the most advanced stuff but still pretty good...)

I switch the driver for my graphics back to 436.30 and I have absolutely no more stuttering whatsoever.
I do recommend downloading the driver with its own installer so that you may switch back and forth between the older driver and whatever new one they have (if you're gonna be playing other games that is)
Here is the link to the driver i used with its own installer: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/151275
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 3:32:33 AM(UTC)
Hey all,

Just to add that this is not affecting all of us.

I couldn't reproduce this behavior on my rig (i5-8600k @5Ghz and1070Ti overclocked), running latest NVidia driver 441.12 and no stuttering, runs on ultra smoothly over 100+ fps @1440p so it might not be driver related.

I did run for about an hour mixed races and after that 5 laps @Spa and couldn't get any stuttering or major frame drops.

A year ago i had Avast antivirus software and that caused major stuttering sometimes so i uninstalled it and ever since had any problems, now i'm just running Windows Defender so you who has antivirus software might try to uninstall it and see if it helps.

Edited by user Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:36:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 12:51:28 PM(UTC)
It's clearly a driver problem, nothing to do with antivirus softwares.
It's simple: if i install any newer driver the problem exist, if install tha old driver the problem not exist.
Everyone above using RTX cards against your 1070Ti... maybe only these cards are affected.
#15 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 7:26:40 AM(UTC)
indeed , perhaps , it s a driver problem related to RTX only : a friend doens't seem to have this problem with his 1080 Ti.
with my actual 2080 Ti , I have the problem but I found why : at the beginnig of the race ,my gpu is used at 100% (I play in 1440p@165hz screen) , no problem at all , the game is pefectly smooth during the first lap , But after a while , for unknown reason , the gpu is used at 50-60% only , and I notice stuttering and not smooth game :(
that explains the stuttering and the game not smooth (but that doesn't explain WHY the gpu is only used at 50-60% after a while :/ )

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2019 7:29:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 11:43:00 PM(UTC)
Hi same happens to me to latest NVIDIA driver 3600x /rtx 2070 super after a minute or so my card down clocks itself has 50-60 %usage and gives me 45-50 fps, waiting hoping for a fix
#17 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 11:46:51 PM(UTC)
Hi me to running latest NVIDIA driver 3600x /rtx 2070 super, and after a minute or so the card down clocks itself and has 50-60%ussge and 40-50 fps waiting for a fix
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:09:48 PM(UTC)
New driver has released today (441.20) And still no fix for Forza 7 or Horizon 4

Release PDF can be found here - http://us.download.nvidi...-win7-release-notes.pdf
Open issues listed on page 16.
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:16:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ax4x Nelly Go to Quoted Post
New driver has released today (441.20) And still no fix for Forza 7 or Horizon 4

Release PDF can be found here - http://us.download.nvidi...-win7-release-notes.pdf

The article you linked does say “Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues” -You might be looking for a fix that has nothing to do with nVidia.

Here are videos of the 250gb build with drivers listed below installed.

419.67 25 March 2019 - 60FPS -sometimes 59s - https://youtu.be/TOyGGvCMma8
440.97 22 October 2019 - 60FPS -sometimes 59s - https://youtu.be/rjZ4jY5MxYM
441.12 04 November 2019 - 60FPS -sometimes 59s - https://youtu.be/hlDT-rRkNeU

There was 1 driver this year which had a problem, nVidia acknowledge that and issued a statement.

I will install 441.20, and update this post with a video. This 250gb build is a plain install of windows & FM7. This testing environment is what you want for accurate results.

* Update 12/11/2019 *

Well, no need for a video, I am updating the YouTube videos comments/description to reflect the results.

I installed 441.20 -It cause after 6/7 laps stutters (FPS drops to 51-52) First driver tested which has caused any problems on this purpose built test machine.

Drivers tested and performed fine:

440.97 (Did few laps cup events, did not do long races more than 6/7 laps -Can't say confidently that this is 100% ok, each time at around lap 6/7 the problem is identified -I'm not testing further)

441.12 (Did few laps cup events, did not do long races more than 6/7 laps -Can't say confidently that this is 100% ok, each time at around lap 6/7 the problem is identified -I'm not testing further)

Its more bad news for people looking for a fix. The software is with many problems -we all agree on this point, add that, specific driver(s) cause issues on this simple test machine, means very likely they will be as bad or worse on other machines. There are no more updates to FM7. If you want it working, its got to be a drastic work around like I did with this new 250gb build, or live with the stutters. Thanks for the link, I can improve my YouTube troubleshooting (hobby) channel with the results.

Note I mentioned above that the game is looking to actively optimize the performance in real time. Like before it was lap 6/7 on Alps track in same location where the game started stutters, then that progressively got worse through lap 12, then I quit. It is noticeable that the calibration constantly improves the FPS after lap 6/7 with the working drivers listed above, after lap 20, you don't see the FPS drop below 60.0 -it just sticks on 60.0 once a lap maybe 59.9 -this new driver it goes bad fast.

It's a combination of things, the driver, the CPU, the resources available, software/programs installed/running in the background & utilization of those resources. This band aid fix (real time optimization) found in versions after 1.141.192.2 does not help at times, then at times it works great. You can not say it is definitely 1 or 2 things. It is many things, and well.. it should not be many things. My 2060OC going into boost while navigating the menu in itself is a red flag -that should not happen.

Consider The new driver works 100% fine until lap 6/7. At that time the software interaction with the driver causes stutters. This interaction I have observed as optimizing the game in real time. The old version of the game 1.141.192.2 does not do this at all. So there is no lap 6/7 interaction happening from the old version of the software. So is it the driver? -yes as it is part of the problem, no as it does not be a problem until the game makes it a problem. Is it the game/software -yes as the game invokes this problem -this is not seen in my old version. The old version does not need affinity settings either. In all my testing the old version works just fine and the version we all have here does not.

The YouTube Channel that I created a few months ago has the troubleshooting steps outlined in comment updates. (Other comments are removed keeping it easy to read and to the point) Software versions 1.133.851.2 , 1.137.587.2 & 1.141.192.2 are available on torrents as CODEX releases. Only tools in identifying problems have been older versions of the game as a point reference and observation. Everything here can be reproduced. There is no way to go further in troubleshooting nor is there a reason to.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:31:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:52:19 PM(UTC)
Xbox One X's have come down in price - so maybe a worthwhile investment at this point?
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:55:01 AM(UTC)
Latest driver has done nothing for me still drops frame rate after couple of minutes all other games run fine.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:12:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nickingb Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ax4x Nelly Go to Quoted Post

The article you linked does say “Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues” -You might be looking for a fix that has nothing to do with nVidia.

Here are videos of the 250gb build with drivers listed below installed.

419.67 25 March 2019 - 60FPS -sometimes 59s - https://youtu.be/TOyGGvCMma8
440.97 22 October 2019 - 60FPS -sometimes 59s - https://youtu.be/rjZ4jY5MxYM
441.12 04 November 2019 - 60FPS -sometimes 59s - https://youtu.be/hlDT-rRkNeU

There was 1 driver this year which had a problem, nVidia acknowledge that and issued a statement.

I will install 441.20, and update this post with a video. This 250gb build is a plain install of windows & FM7. This testing environment is what you want for accurate results.

* Update 12/11/2019 *

Well, no need for a video, I am updating the YouTube videos comments/description to reflect the results.

I installed 441.20 -It cause after 6/7 laps stutters (FPS drops to 51-52) First driver tested which has caused any problems on this purpose built test machine.

Drivers tested and performed fine:

440.97 (Did few laps cup events, did not do long races more than 6/7 laps -Can't say confidently that this is 100% ok, each time at around lap 6/7 the problem is identified -I'm not testing further)

441.12 (Did few laps cup events, did not do long races more than 6/7 laps -Can't say confidently that this is 100% ok, each time at around lap 6/7 the problem is identified -I'm not testing further)

Its more bad news for people looking for a fix. The software is with many problems -we all agree on this point, add that, specific driver(s) cause issues on this simple test machine, means very likely they will be as bad or worse on other machines. There are no more updates to FM7. If you want it working, its got to be a drastic work around like I did with this new 250gb build, or live with the stutters. Thanks for the link, I can improve my YouTube troubleshooting (hobby) channel with the results.

Note I mentioned above that the game is looking to actively optimize the performance in real time. Like before it was lap 6/7 on Alps track in same location where the game started stutters, then that progressively got worse through lap 12, then I quit. It is noticeable that the calibration constantly improves the FPS after lap 6/7 with the working drivers listed above, after lap 20, you don't see the FPS drop below 60.0 -it just sticks on 60.0 once a lap maybe 59.9 -this new driver it goes bad fast.

It's a combination of things, the driver, the CPU, the resources available, software/programs installed/running in the background & utilization of those resources. This band aid fix (real time optimization) found in versions after 1.141.192.2 does not help at times, then at times it works great. You can not say it is definitely 1 or 2 things. It is many things, and well.. it should not be many things. My 2060OC going into boost while navigating the menu in itself is a red flag -that should not happen.

Consider The new driver works 100% fine until lap 6/7. At that time the software interaction with the driver causes stutters. This interaction I have observed as optimizing the game in real time. The old version of the game 1.141.192.2 does not do this at all. So there is no lap 6/7 interaction happening from the old version of the software. So is it the driver? -yes as it is part of the problem, no as it does not be a problem until the game makes it a problem. Is it the game/software -yes as the game invokes this problem -this is not seen in my old version. The old version does not need affinity settings either. In all my testing the old version works just fine and the version we all have here does not.

The YouTube Channel that I created a few months ago has the troubleshooting steps outlined in comment updates. (Other comments are removed keeping it easy to read and to the point) Software versions 1.133.851.2 , 1.137.587.2 & 1.141.192.2 are available on torrents as CODEX releases. Only tools in identifying problems have been older versions of the game as a point reference and observation. Everything here can be reproduced. There is no way to go further in troubleshooting nor is there a reason to.

Nvidia has stated for the last few drivers that they have been able to reproduce the issue. The only two drivers that have ran without issues on my hardware are:
436.30 - https://youtu.be/HeI2aPNKdGg
431.60 - https://youtu.be/OwX7g1zumJs

Every other driver I've tried has had this issue:
440.97 - https://youtu.be/YGa4biFMt-Y This was a quick video I did for Manuel from Nvidia and he was able to reproduce it. But it seems instead of fixing the issue it's got worse in 441.12 game would start playing up after 10 minutes of racing and with 441.20 it's even quicker.

I do a lot of longer league races so having a game that doesn't start hitching and stuttering after ten minutes of racing is mandatory but at the same time I play a lot of new games so going back to a older driver is out of the question. For the time being I'm playing on the console until it gets fixed.
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:15:30 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Nvidia has stated for the last few drivers that they have been able to reproduce the issue. The only two drivers that have ran without issues on my hardware are:
436.30 - https://youtu.be/HeI2aPNKdGg
431.60 - https://youtu.be/OwX7g1zumJs

Every other driver I've tried has had this issue:
440.97 - https://youtu.be/YGa4biFMt-Y This was a quick video I did for Manuel from Nvidia and he was able to reproduce it. But it seems instead of fixing the issue it's got worse in 441.12 game would start playing up after 10 minutes of racing and with 441.20 it's even quicker.

I do a lot of longer league races so having a game that doesn't start hitching and stuttering after ten minutes of racing is mandatory but at the same time I play a lot of new games so going back to a older driver is out of the question. For the time being I'm playing on the console until it gets fixed.

431.60 video is quality worth playing. Do you notice the pattern? “Corner 1” lap 2,3,4,5 the video if you watch the blue Michelin sign it is slightly with tiny stutter for the duration of the corner. Then lap 7 is better then lap 8 the sign passes by smoothly. -That is the calibration/optimization at work. Lap 9 the small stutter is back. Lap 10 it is almost smooth -very close. -I skip around (not doing all the laps) Lap 12 it’s with tiny stutter. Lap 16 again tiny stutter, then lap 17 is perfect 14:46 – 14:49. Lap 18 again not perfect.

It is trying to improve the game performance, but it never quite gets there. The software does not do 1 corner at a time but tries to optimize/calibrate the entire track -that we can see.

If you watch just lap 5, we can see the software working at corner 1, exiting corner 2 & continues corner 3. This continues for the remaining laps. Parts of the track are perfectly smooth -sections of the straights for example. The pattern is the software trying to find a perfect balance.

What we see in this video “corner 1”. After launching FM7 on the 250gb build 1st time, I had this “corner 1” on Alps left corner out of the tunnel only at lap 6/7, again at lap 12/13 then it disappeared after noticing it 1 last time around lap 20. (It was more aggressive -not quite a tiny stutter, the very last time it showed up was a very tiny stutter.)

Your lap 10 as you pass the blue Michelin signs it is perfectly smooth 8:27 – 8:34 -My 250gb build I have the game running permanently on any track as smooth as this timeframe.

Like you, I have new games, COD with 440.97 on my Primary SSD with all other games/programs. The secondary SSD has only FM7 with 419.67 -I BIOS F12 to choose to boot the FM7 SSD if I want to play the game. It is the only setup that works really perfectly, I am not just saying perfect, as close to or almost -it is perfect. With this setup I need not worry of any nVidia fixes, the game is correct. If you got a spare HDD/SSD throw on Windows & FM7 and use the driver which has been proven on the 250gb build. You won’t ever again bother about FM7.

436.30 looks a bit better than 431.60.
440.97 video, its really not small tiny stutters, this bothers me too much I would probably not want to play.
441.20 I had no problem at all, nothing, then lap 6 or 7 it just suddenly hit aggressive stutters and it was 4-5 times per lap on Alps reverse.

You can notice pattern differences in using different drivers, knowing to look for the software calibration/optimization, the pattern reveals itself. If you watch 431.60 corner 1 closely -skip to it for each lap, you can see clearly where it improves, where it *tries to improve, where it gets it right and where it then goes back to trying to get it right.

If you got the game on console then I guess play it there, the 2nd HDD is an option.

I hope nVidia can bring out a driver which sorts this out. Given what we know about the game, would they want to or would they tell turn 10 to fix? If I were over at nVidia, I would tell turn 10 to fix.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:40:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:46:03 PM(UTC)
hi guys

actually , the problem is top issues :
https://www.nvidia.com/e...ver-feedback-thread-re/
Top Issues and Updates:
-[Red Dead Remption 2]Vulkan: Hitching on Core i5 non-Hyperthreading 4 core CPUs[2752394]
-[Forza Horizon 4] "Low streaming bandwidth" error after long extended game play[2750515]
-[Forza Motorsport 7]Game starts to stutter after racing a few laps[2750611]

this problem is present since few version of drivers , and I really hope a fix soon.

I agree with u but I don't expect a fix from Turn10.
Now , it seems we have no more update for FM7 (and I know I m really disapointed , no new tracks , no new cars :( )

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:50:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:07:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StarfoxManiac Go to Quoted Post
hi guys

actually , the problem is top issues :
https://www.nvidia.com/e...ver-feedback-thread-re/
Top Issues and Updates:
-[Red Dead Remption 2]Vulkan: Hitching on Core i5 non-Hyperthreading 4 core CPUs[2752394]
-[Forza Horizon 4] "Low streaming bandwidth" error after long extended game play[2750515]
-[Forza Motorsport 7]Game starts to stutter after racing a few laps[2750611]

this problem is present since few version of drivers , and I really hope a fix soon.

I agree with u but I don't expect a fix from Turn10.
Now , it seems we have no more update for FM7 (and I know I m really disapointed , no new tracks , no new cars :( )

Yeah Turn 10 won't do anything now, the game is two years old and to be fair it's clearly the drivers that are causing the issue because Forza Horizon 4 is having similar problems. Honestly I'm quite happy to play on console for the time being and I'm pretty sure Nvidia can fix it, it's just a case of being patient.
I9 9900K
32 GB Ram (4x8 DDR4)
RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Prime Z390-A
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error