2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 9:17:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneAboveAll6275 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OneAboveAll6275 Go to Quoted Post
Is it installed on the ADATA drive? That could be the problem, they aren't very good. I had FH4 installed on a poor Kingston drive and had long loading times and sometimes had the streaming error. I troubleshooted it and realised the drive was working at 100% but still only reading very slowly relative to what it was supposed to be able to read at (ie. it was reading at very much below even what a functional mechanical hard drive should be reading at). The drive passed SMART tests and the manufacturer software declared it to be full working.

And yet when I moved the game to another SSD, all the problems went away.

With SSDs like with many things in life, buy cheap, buy twice.

It is installed on the ADATA one , moving it to the other one is a no go , that's just for windows and applications , i hate to see that this is truly a design flaw. So many patches and still no 100% fix for this .

I didn't mean you should move it, clearly you would need to buy another drive first and move it to that.

If your drive is unable to keep up with the streaming speed demanded by the game then it's the drive's fault, not the game's.

It makes no sense , other people play it on a HDD which is way slower than an SSD . The drive has no issues , no other game i have played ever had hiccups and problems like Forza has so this is clearly an optimization issue and this can be fixed by the devs .

No other game you have installed on that drive probably demands the data off the drive so fast to keep up with the streaming speeds the game requires.

You can either wait for an unlikely fix or fix it yourself by getting a better SSD like I did. You could still keep your ADATA one in your machine for light duties if it's up to that, but keep the better one for more demanding tasks like FH4.
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:50:51 AM(UTC)
I had the same Issues with Streaming Bandwidth, just increased the Virtual Page File for my HDD and it did the Trick. Strange Thing is, Forza Horizon 4 is the only Game with such Issues. Alle other Games running Smooth, no lags, no flickering, just nothing noticeable. At least even FH3 did run smooth on my HDD before i increased the Page File. I wish this Game would be more optimized.
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:25:42 AM(UTC)
^ How much RAM do you have? There should be no need to touch the page file setting usually, Windows should be left to manage it.
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:48:25 AM(UTC)
I have 16gig of Ram installed.
Well but not everything Windows manage by default Values is ok. There different Programms which need different Settings to work. The default Page File Size was about 3 gig and i increased it by only 2gig which is a pretty good Sweet-Spot. At least the Drive can prioritize Processes which used more frequent at the Time while caching less prioritized Processes. Its comparable to the Ram-Management while you setting up your specific Processes at higher Priorities. The Size of the Virtual Page File should depend on your overall Access-Times, Size and overall Performance of your Computer.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:43:09 AM(UTC)
I did not receive an answer in the official forum, I was told to wait for the update .... -_-

the textures load every few minutes, jamming the game in a visible way on the video

I have no idea how to fix it, I have been playing the game for six months and it cannot be played from the day of purchase ....

I searched the whole internet, one says that the game must be on ssd I have on ssd and nothing has changed, I also read that you should uninstall the add-ons, I did it and nothing changed

my video with problem on youtube : https://youtu.be/JxCvH7Qwc18
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:49:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VirtuaDream Go to Quoted Post
Forza Horizon 4 and Antivirus programs

I noticed heavy stutters, my system is i7 7700K with a GTX 1080.
The problematic ones where Avast, Avira, AVG, Nod 32 and Bit defender.
I tried with most free antivirus and the only ones that doesnt cause stutters are Kaspersky and Windows Defender.

Just that if you have the same problem check your antivirus.

Does this hit?
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:43:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post

I tried with most free antivirus and the only ones that doesnt cause stutters are Kaspersky and Windows Defender.

Does this hit?

I don't have any anti-virus :)

#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:46:38 AM(UTC)

Does this hit?

I have tried everything, it remains to buy a new ssd but I doubt that it will do anything
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:29:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zwyklo Go to Quoted Post
I have tried everything, it remains to buy a new ssd but I doubt that it will do anything

What if you set "Frame Rate" in the "Video" settings to "30 FPS"?
#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:30:24 AM(UTC)

What if you set "Frame Rate" in the "Video" settings to "30 FPS"?

it's not helping :(
#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:58:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GymIsParadise91 Go to Quoted Post
I had the same Issues with Streaming Bandwidth, just increased the Virtual Page File for my HDD and it did the Trick. Strange Thing is, Forza Horizon 4 is the only Game with such Issues. Alle other Games running Smooth, no lags, no flickering, just nothing noticeable. At least even FH3 did run smooth on my HDD before i increased the Page File. I wish this Game would be more optimized.

Is the problem reproducible by increasing/decreasing the virtual page file size?

There should be no need to touch the page file setting usually, Windows should be left to manage it.

Well but not everything Windows manage by default Values is ok. There different Programms which need different Settings to work.

...Why "Auto" is usually not much different from "Random".

The default Page File Size was about 3 gig and i increased it by only 2gig which is a pretty good Sweet-Spot. At least the Drive can prioritize Processes which used more frequent at the Time while caching less prioritized Processes. Its comparable to the Ram-Management while you setting up your specific Processes at higher Priorities. The Size of the Virtual Page File should depend on your overall Access-Times, Size and overall Performance of your Computer.

If your application would never use up the main memory, the whole "virtual page file" thing becomes basically redundant.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:44:40 AM(UTC)

Looks like I/O bottleneck. Check this.

Also see:

Non-Issue
  • "Driving into the ground" or "High speed invisible wall" phenomenon: Cause, Mitigation
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:28:38 AM(UTC)
[...]

The default Page File Size was about 3 gig and i increased it by only 2gig which is a pretty good Sweet-Spot. At least the Drive can prioritize Processes which used more frequent at the Time while caching less prioritized Processes. Its comparable to the Ram-Management while you setting up your specific Processes at higher Priorities. The Size of the Virtual Page File should depend on your overall Access-Times, Size and overall Performance of your Computer.

If your application would never use up the main memory, the whole "virtual page file" thing becomes basically redundant.

I know what you mean but the Thing is, i never run any Background Applications on my Machine except they really necessary, even Cortana is fully dead on my win 10. So nothing could consume up that much Ram. Beside my Ram, i have enough Space on my Hard Drive and SSD too.

From what i've seen, this Game is just really bad optimized and this slow HDD Thing not the only Reason for such Issues :

Quote from a Reddit User 5 Months ago:

Quote:

Have the same issue. I also noticed that in task manager the CPU is maxing out while the GPU is showing only 30%-ish. Every other game, including FM7, my GPU is maxed and my cpu is around 30-50%. I run in windowed mode at about 2800*1400 resolution with all settings maxed with motion blur and FXAA off.

Seems to slowly get worse over time until the game just crashes. Booted the game up and jumped into 8 laps @ The Goliath. First warning happened on lap 3 and got progressively worse until the game just crashed on lap 7.

Have tried setting it's CPU priotiy higher but makes no difference for me.

Have tried reinstalling the game and all graphics drivers but doesnt seem to make a difference.

Specs:

8086k @ 5.2GHz

2080TI Strix

48GB DDR4 3200MHz

2x Samsung 1TB M.2 SSDs in Raid 0

Edited by user Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:29:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 4:47:17 AM(UTC)

Quote:
Have the same issue.

Specs:
  • 8086k @ 5.2GHz
  • 2080TI Strix
  • 48GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • 2x Samsung 1TB M.2 SSDs in Raid 0

The same symptoms as in this?

Probably it's best to ensure that the hardware is working properly in the first place.
#40 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 12:49:28 AM(UTC)

Quote:
Have the same issue.

Specs:
  • 8086k @ 5.2GHz
  • 2080TI Strix
  • 48GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • 2x Samsung 1TB M.2 SSDs in Raid 0

The same symptoms as in this?

Probably it's best to ensure that the hardware is working properly in the first place.

How to do it ?
#41 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 8:33:57 AM(UTC)

How to do it ?

Know how everything works.

The only way to make things sure for you is making sure that you are knowledgeable enough for the situation.

Also note the context, it's not specifically targeted for your case. (the quoted system is more likely to suffer reliability issues)
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:39:02 AM(UTC)
Is it installed on the ADATA drive? That could be the problem, they aren't very good. I had FH4 installed on a poor Kingston drive and had long loading times and sometimes had the streaming error. I troubleshooted it and realised the drive was working at 100% but still only reading very slowly relative to what it was supposed to be able to read at (ie. it was reading at very much below even what a functional mechanical hard drive should be reading at). The drive passed SMART tests and the manufacturer software declared it to be full working.

And yet when I moved the game to another SSD, all the problems went away.

With SSDs like with many things in life, buy cheap, buy twice.

Just a heads up - this worked for me!

Game at first was installed on a Adata Ultimate SU630 240GB 2.5" SATA SSD, and was getting streaming errors every minute or so making the game almost unplayable. Uninstalled the game from there, and installed on a Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (Model: ST1000DMZ10/DM010).

Worked immediately, tested on multiple races, plus some free roam in a 599XX Evo going as fast as I could and there were no loading issues,

Thanks a lot!

EDIT:
Just to add - on SSD I've had Win10 + Forza Horizon 4 only.

Hope they'll finally add Peugeot RCZ to FH4. Been waiting years for that and now I can play :)

Edited by user Tuesday, April 28, 2020 6:16:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 10:05:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJakuzo Go to Quoted Post
Game at first was installed on a Adata Ultimate SU630 240GB 2.5" SATA SSD, and was getting streaming errors every minute or so making the game almost unplayable. Uninstalled the game from there, and installed on a Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (Model: ST1000DMZ10/DM010).

Worked immediately, tested on ...

Conclusion: Broken SSD can be worse than normal HDD.
#44 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 4:57:41 PM(UTC)
I am running a pretty good system but lately my game has been freezing and a message saying, 'Low Streaming Bandwidth'.
Can anyone help me resolve this most frustrating issue.

Many Thanks

STEVE
#45 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:48:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jaaxkkzz Go to Quoted Post
I am running a pretty good system but lately my game has been freezing and a message saying, 'Low Streaming Bandwidth'.

Many Thanks

STEVE

Not without more info. Have you read through this thread and found any useful info here or tried anything suggested first?
#46 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 2:22:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jaaxkkzz Go to Quoted Post

Many Thanks

STEVE

install the newest nvidia driver!
the "low streaming bandwidth" error is fixed since 441.41nvidia driver.

quote from 441.41-win10-win8-win7-release-notes:

Fixed Issues in this Release
[Forza Horizon 4]: "Low streaming bandwidth" error may occur after extended gameplay.
[2750515].

this driver fixed for me the "low streaming bandwidth" error
my system is i7 8700k, 16gb ram, rtx 2070, sys and game ssd's are nvme pcie ssd's (970 evo and 970 evo plus).
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error