This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 3:20:34 PM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

just wondering, is it worth playing Forza 3 aftere finishing Forza 4?

Thanks a lot
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:33:04 AM(UTC)
If you mean Forza Horizon 3 then yeah, different location makes all the difference! Riding around a stylised version of Australia is good. Make sure you buy it in the sale or something and you'll save some money on it too!
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 5:36:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vodzux Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot

No
Forza 3 Has less race tracks, less cars, but has an Aveo and a First-Gen Cayman S
Please write which Forza 3!
This Signature Exists.
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:29:19 AM(UTC)
These are the Horizon forums so i figured he was on about Horizon, but worded my answer to avoid confusion!
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:39:42 AM(UTC)
Yes, Horizon 3 is a great game. It even has some things about it that I wish had made it into Horizon 4. Horizon 2 is pretty good too, though I'm not a fan of the whole Championships structure, and how you never really unlock all the courses in single player. The first Horizon shows its age, but is also still pretty good. I still go back to all of them every once in a while.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 7:23:07 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot

I grabbed FH3 after getting most of FH4 done, and am very much enjoying it. I've also managed to get an XBox One disk for FH2 and am playing that too (less enjoyment because of the championship structure though). I've found it very interesting seeing how FH has progressed through the versions.

Edited by user Sunday, November 3, 2019 1:32:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar & spelling

Devilish Accord's x650 FH4 Blueprint Shares (HERE)
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 11:28:35 AM(UTC)
Thanks a lot guys. Sorry i didnt said, i meant on horizon series. So the 3rd is great?
I love 4 very much and its my first time i played horizon series and its the best driving experience i had ever, so thats why i wanted to see to buy 3 next.
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 11:31:50 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot

Totally. The DLC expansions blow away the FH4 expansions. Blizzard Mountain is great, and Hot Wheels, while a bit gimmicky, is a real blast!

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 3:26:00 AM(UTC)
just wondering, is it worth playing Forza 3 after finishing Forza 4?

Definitely. I've picked up the base game and most of the DLC over a few months when they've been on sale. All things being equal everything FH3 should be massively discounted just before it goes end-of-life next September, but you probably don't want to wait that long.

The main map in FH3 feels a lot bigger, but there's far less elevation change (definitely made up for this with the Blizzard Mountain expansion). The Hot Wheels expansion I'm not wild about, but it definitely adds to the game.

I started with FH4 and have been working backwards to acquire all of them. Really enjoying the online adventure in FH3 at the moment - there's still a good player base.

Edited by user Monday, November 4, 2019 3:29:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 6:51:32 AM(UTC)
FH3 is in some ways a better, more streamlined game than FH4 is. True, we are getting the veritable Kitchen Sink with FH4, FH3 has no properties to buy, no businesses...its more streamlined but its great fun, the map has less verticality and some would argue a lack of roads but you can see further into the distance and you're not having to deal with seasons, just the usual weather changes...you aren't locked into winter for a week, etc.

Edited by user Monday, November 4, 2019 6:55:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 8:34:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeadRusch1 Go to Quoted Post
FH3 is in some ways a better, more streamlined game than FH4 is. True, we are getting the veritable Kitchen Sink with FH4, FH3 has no properties to buy, no businesses...its more streamlined but its great fun, the map has less verticality and some would argue a lack of roads but you can see further into the distance and you're not having to deal with seasons, just the usual weather changes...you aren't locked into winter for a week, etc.

Ah but FH3 has much more replay value as the DLC has online adventures. Spent many hours on Blizzard and Hot Wheels online.

The DLC in FH4 is play and forget. Forgotten Island & Forgotten Valley which is a shame as they had a lot of promise for all the different game types. Lego Valley actually has a themed playground area which screams for Infected, King, Flag etc.

1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 9:44:50 AM(UTC)
I also highly recommend FH3 and Blizzard Mountain, loads of fun. I also have the HW expansion, but not too fond of it (could just be me).
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 10:24:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
I also highly recommend FH3 and Blizzard Mountain, loads of fun. I also have the HW expansion, but not too fond of it (could just be me).

No, I think a lot of us went "oh that's cool looking" and then after the ramps and such had been done you realized it was for all your S and X class racing if you didn't mind the looping/jumping/twisting toy car track element of it...which eventually you would. I think many would have simply preferred an island with more roads or something, a desert island chain with lots of bridges and road racing maybe? Yep. Or a city-based highway system for like...."Tokyo Highway Battles" not to steal from another ancient game's grave......but that kind of thing.

1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 10:41:27 AM(UTC)

No, I think a lot of us went "oh that's cool looking" and then after the ramps and such had been done you realized it was for all your S and X class racing if you didn't mind the looping/jumping/twisting toy car track element of it...which eventually you would. I think many would have simply preferred an island with more roads or something, a desert island chain with lots of bridges and road racing maybe? Yep. Or a city-based highway system for like...."Tokyo Highway Battles" not to steal from another ancient game's grave......but that kind of thing.

Yeah, it was a bit gimmicky to say at least. I had my most memorable FH3 online experience there but mostly it was about surreal atmosphere which worked well with certain radio station. Blizzard mountain was really great though.

FH3 is still a great game IMO, I don't play it anymore because physics are better in FH4 and I don't want to readjust, has bit to do that I like racing cars in their stock form. And while it doesn't have businesses, it has bucket lists, which are similar challenges but don't have story to attach them in story arch and won't generate income. For story, it has Festival building thing, which felt great and fitting way to create some sort of progression. Also some showcases were IMO pretty good.
#15 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 10:47:11 AM(UTC)
If you get FH3, the Sesto Elemento is a real blast!
#16 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 10:55:55 AM(UTC)
Well guys thanks a lot for all the comments, im definitely buying 3 (hope on black Friday will be some deal).
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 11:45:30 AM(UTC)
I bought FH4 and moths later FH3, I Loved both. Nowadays I mprefering to do all FH3 achivements and DLCs is much better than FH4.

To be honest, I got interested in Forza franchise because HW dlc, and a i not regret
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 11:55:56 AM(UTC)
Hot Wheels is still the best expansion the Horizon series has seen in my opinion. Its probably because those expansions from FH3 had online adventure. FH4 ruined that aspect. Not everyone wants to run on the mainland for eternity
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#19 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 11:18:56 PM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot

If you mean Horizon 3 after playing Horizon 4, then definitely yes!

You can drive Toyota in FH3 but not VW.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:06:10 AM(UTC)
Yes, you should definitely try Forza Horizon 3. It's a great game. Different in some ways, so do not expect the exact same game as Forza Horizon 4. Go in with no expectations and an open mind, and you'll be amazed.

And after you finish Forza Horizon 3, give Forza Horizon 2 a try.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:54:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

FH3 is still a great game IMO, I don't play it anymore because physics are better in FH4 and I don't want to readjust, has bit to do that I like racing cars in their stock form. And while it doesn't have businesses, it has bucket lists, which are similar challenges but don't have story to attach them in story arch and won't generate income. For story, it has Festival building thing, which felt great and fitting way to create some sort of progression. Also some showcases were IMO pretty good.

Yeah we are of a similar mind here....FH3 was just that good (and I'd made enough progress) that I didn't immediately jump into FH4, I had what I needed in FH3. But then I pulled out my wheel and realized FH4 a better game if you wanted to go FFB wheel, or have a more challenging experience with differentiation among the cars, FH4 is the better choice. Eventually I learned some of the roads and locations and got that familiar feeling, it's like any open world game, once you learn the map and make some progress it starts to click, the addiction bites and now I'm entrenched in FH4.

I also like focusing on the stock cars and in my case slower classes.....the whole breakneck-speed X class/Monster Energy DRink Fueled Reflexes thing makes me feel I'm playing a NFS game again.....nothing wrong with that, it's just not my ideal game experience. #oldmansezwhutnow
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:22:14 PM(UTC)
Yeah still play 3 it's a cracking game,just wish the morris minor was in there....go on guys...it's only a push of a button....
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:09:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Projackfuller Go to Quoted Post
Yeah still play 3 it's a cracking game,just wish the morris minor was in there....go on guys...it's only a push of a button....

And countless hours of licensing and a lot of money.
This Signature Exists.
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:18:28 PM(UTC)
Thanks a lot guys. Sorry i didnt said, i meant on horizon series. So the 3rd is great?
I love 4 very much and its my first time i played horizon series and its the best driving experience i had ever, so thats why i wanted to see to buy 3 next.

not only is it good, but you get reward points for increased rewards (free credits). i am at the highest level you can be. i have 6 games maxed out, 4 are 140 points or less. all but horizon 1 is counted. i have to try to get it to play on my 360. i gave my nephew my original xbox. the more titles you play, the more bonus credits you get. i agree about forza motorsports 2 in regards to the championships.
Service Connected Disabled Navy Vet. Marines call me "Doc".

#25 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:10:03 AM(UTC)
There are ways that Forza Horizon 3 are better, and there are ways that it is worse. Here are some major pros and cons:

Pros:

Custom Championships! Every event not only has the ability to make a custom blueprint like in 4, but a custom championship with up to 10 races of your choosing and your own custom car restrictions if you so choose.

No seasons! Could be seen as a con, but with the blizzard mountain expansion, you can get winter when you choose. Also, blizzard mountain is a far superior version of winter then 4's tame, calm winter. Blizzard mountain is all about throwing the worst at you in terms of weather. A true rally lovers dream.

Toyota and Tesla! Along with a few other neat cars that aren't in 4. Overall 4's car list is superior, but there are some really good ones in 3 that aren't in 4, especially if you get all the expansions.

More biomes. 4 relies on seasons to bring variety to the map, whereas 3 has 5 distinct biomes to drive through (small town, city, wine county, outback, rainforest). Even the transitional areas are well done, and while the map is a lot flatter than 4's, it also features better map highlights IMO.

Cons:

Looks worse and runs worse, especially the PC version. 4 is a far better PC port then 3, with far better optimization. Do not expect to be able to run 3 at equivalent settings that you run 4 at. There is also a certain section of Surfer's Paradise (the city) where you will always experience a framerate dip, no matter your settings.

While the update is slight, the physics in 4 are superior.

Even worse PI balance then 4. If you thought the AWD conversion wasn't expensive enough (in terms of PI value) in 4, well in 3 it's worse. You basically have to convert to AWD or you are throwing.

No custom tracks. There are a few criminally underused features on the FH3 map, and without custom tracks there is no way to fully enjoy them.

Less conversions/customization options overall for your cars.

Hopefully all this helps with your purchasing decision.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error