This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 3:28:55 PM(UTC)
IGN Interviews Ralph Fulton Dan Greenawalt.

http://www.ign.com/artic...atus-and-more-ign-first

Findings: No Split Screen, No Porsche, Demo will be released closer to Launch, No specific rally themed events, more tunnels :)
#2 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 7:37:55 PM(UTC)
wish they would have asked him to describe the differences from NFS. Serious question. They look very similar.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:45:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrunkenSword76 Go to Quoted Post
wish they would have asked him to describe the differences from NFS. Serious question. They look very similar.

Plenty of people on this forum can tell you all of the differences you need to know, believe me.
More characters than sense.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:40:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrunkenSword76 Go to Quoted Post

One huge difference, and a very important one, is not being Need for Speed.

I think I'm done with the whole NFS franchise from here on out. It's been so many years since a NFS game was remotely enjoyable. I played Shift 2 for the nice track selection, but quit in time because the actual gameplay was so broken. People complain about FM5 Drivatars, with which my only real frustration is the start of a race when they all jumble together in a disorganized mess of rolling chaos, but Shift 2 suffered from turn-one carnage not because of player habits but because of poor game design. Then there's the velcro walls that almost completely stop your car when you touch them and refuse to let you steer away from them for at least ten seconds. I tried Hot Pursuit a while back (the newer Hot Pursuit, not from a couple generations back) and couldn't stomach its mediocrity and sloppy driving for long enough to even unlock a single Achievement. Heck, it didn't even have an option for a manual transmission. The driving physics were so grossly arcadey that they felt entirely alien to me.

Yeah, not being NFS is a huge deal here.
Still I Rise
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:54:29 AM(UTC)
No specific rally themed events? Thats a shame..
I really liked the rally aspect of horizon 1, although it was a separate part,
I wonder however whether they have kept the rally upgrades as well as the off road type of tracks,
Now I dont mean cutting the road and going through the vineyard, but rather more rally type of races..
I really hope they have at least kept these aspects of the rally addition of horizon 1, if not it would be a pity
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:07:12 AM(UTC)
I always find it funny how people compare Horizon to NFS. It's like, worst case scenario, Forza Horizon 2 becomes the next-gen Need For Speed game any fan of the Underground/Most Wanted era has always wanted.

But Horizon 2 will be more than that, with a huge world, stellar graphics, tons of customisation and loads of multiplayer love. Oh, and way better physics than NFS can ever dream of having. =)

I believe that is called a 'win-win'.
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:30:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
I always find it funny how people compare Horizon to NFS. It's like, worst case scenario, Forza Horizon 2 becomes the next-gen Need For Speed game any fan of the Underground/Most Wanted era has always wanted.

But Horizon 2 will be more than that, with a huge world, stellar graphics, tons of customisation and loads of multiplayer love. Oh, and way better physics than NFS can ever dream of having. =)

the dream of physics is being diluted though. I thought assists were for casual types, apparently they need it baked into the core of the physics to make it easier for casuals.

#8 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 12:26:27 AM(UTC)
Horizon has the FM5 physics engine, but it has been slightly tweaked for open world racing - it's a lot more realistic, and better in every way, than NFS I'm sure. I hope.
Good to be back!

My Forzatography Gallery - http://forums.forzamotor...Gallery.aspx#post_358889
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:54:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sirrisracing Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

the dream of physics is being diluted though. I thought assists were for casual types, apparently they need it baked into the core of the physics to make it easier for casuals.

Not this again. I thought we'd already been over this. If you don't like the assists, don't use them. It's as simple as that.

EDIT: Good luck finding a game that has Forza Motorsports' game characteristics with an open-world. I'm pretty sure those options are slim to none. In the meantime, there's Horizon, which is just as good, if not better, than the Motorsport series. Don't complain about how the game is/could/should be, its still months away from release! Who know's how it'll turn out?

Edited by user Monday, June 16, 2014 4:33:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error