4 Pages<<234Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:08:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Also the 'stories' are just a bunch of FH2 bucket list style events, grouped together with some poor attempt at a narrative and usually hosted by someone who makes you wish there was an 18+ version where you could drive an Iron Knight at them.

When gamer1000k first mentioned the focus shift away from car enthusiasts, it dawned on me that the Bucket Lists used to be very much like in-game ads of a certain car. In FH4, they were replaced with Horizon Stories, which feel like those boring GTA side missions and don't tell you much about the cars themselves.

its sad how they now cater to kids and casual gamers, both frozas need to be car enthuasist focused, and nothing else

The Festival originally had a strong Gumball 3000 vibe. The starting cutscene of FH2 is people in a night club party. It's similar to TDU2's Ibiza.

In FH4 on the other hand the Festival almost feels like Disney World. It's a significant change, which reflects what you said.

Not that NFS is very mature itself but Forza Horizon can no longer be considered a "better NFS" IMO. It's its own thing... and I'm probably old enough that I shouldn't be playing it anymore. :( The Discord really does make me cringe at times.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:08:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:23:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Also the 'stories' are just a bunch of FH2 bucket list style events, grouped together with some poor attempt at a narrative and usually hosted by someone who makes you wish there was an 18+ version where you could drive an Iron Knight at them.

When gamer1000k first mentioned the focus shift away from car enthusiasts, it dawned on me that the Bucket Lists used to be very much like in-game ads of a certain car. In FH4, they were replaced with Horizon Stories, which feel like those boring GTA side missions and don't tell you much about the cars themselves.

its sad how they now cater to kids and casual gamers, both frozas need to be car enthuasist focused, and nothing else

The Festival originally had a strong Gumball 3000 vibe. The starting cutscene of FH2 is people in a night club party. It's similar to TDU2's Ibiza.

In FH4 on the other hand the Festival almost feels like Disney World. It's a significant change, which reflects what you said.

Not that NFS is very mature itself but Forza Horizon can no longer be considered a "better NFS" IMO. It's its own thing... and I'm probably old enough that I shouldn't be playing it anymore. :( The Discord really does make me cringe at times.

Horizon should go atleast 15+ to be mature again, it needs to be again, car enthuasist focused, arcade-ish physics dont mean its a kids game nor does a open world map, i wish PG had a T10 mindset with cars and the game itself, or you know, fire PG from doing forza and get a better team, PG is burned out and tired, its time to change devs
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:32:13 AM(UTC)
Horizon should go atleast 15+ to be mature again, it needs to be again, car enthuasist focused, arcade-ish physics dont mean its a kids game nor does a open world map, i wish PG had a T10 mindset with cars and the game itself, or you know, fire PG from doing forza and get a better team, PG is burned out and tired, its time to change devs

I said this a while ago but I think that, on the enthusiast's side, the game didn't start out that badly. In fact it was pretty great, and on the right direction. Jaimin was the quirky guy, but he also got the street racing covered. Both Rebecca and Alex were archetypical enthusiasts. More cars got widebody kits, most SUVs got offroad kits and lots of new and interesting engine swaps were added. The Jarama having a Countach swap is an enthusiast feature. Same with the 1968 Mustang with its Bullitt bodykit and its myriad of engine swaps, which include the RB26DETT.

When it comes to Playlist cars, few got any interesting features aside from unique engine swaps. There's the odd 12C with a McLaren F1 engine or the Fiat Dino with a vintage Ferrari V12 upgrade, but the rest barely get anything other than track width upgrades, which, to Playground's credit, are being added to every new car. The new Emory 356C has a 2.7L engine swap from the 911 Carrera RS and I remembered how the Karmann-Ghia could have had a 914/6 engine swap upgrade. The Hummer Open Top's windshield lights are tied to the Race bumper upgrade. The Impala SS has the generic police lightbar. The M3 GTS was released with several inaccuracies. No SUV added via Playlist has the offroad kit.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:43:29 AM(UTC)

I said this a while ago but I think that, on the enthusiast's side, the game didn't start out that badly. In fact it was pretty great, and on the right direction. Jaimin was the quirky guy, but he also got the street racing covered. Both Rebecca and Alex were archetypical enthusiasts. More cars got widebody kits, most SUVs got offroad kits and lots of new and interesting engine swaps were added. The Jarama having a Countach swap is an enthusiast feature. Same with the 1968 Mustang with its Bullitt bodykit and its myriad of engine swaps, which include the RB26DETT.

When it comes to Playlist cars, few got any interesting features aside from unique engine swaps. There's the odd 12C with a McLaren F1 engine or the Fiat Dino with a vintage Ferrari V12 upgrade, but the rest barely get anything other than track width upgrades, which, to Playground's credit, are being added to every new car. The new Emory 356C has a 2.7L engine swap from the 911 Carrera RS and I remembered how the Karmann-Ghia could have had a 914/6 engine swap upgrade. The Hummer Open Top's windshield lights are tied to the Race bumper upgrade. The Impala SS has the generic police lightbar. The M3 GTS was released with several inaccuracies. No SUV added via Playlist has the offroad kit.

even if theyre interested in cars, FH4 still feels lazy and uninspired, the 2 year realese cycle burned their creativity combined with xbox one being underpowered and the engine still being based on the FM3 one, plus the old sound team leaving, i wish they were more transparent as to whats actually going on
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 7:03:48 AM(UTC)
What a long-winded way to say goodbye.

Goodbye.
 3 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 10:31:38 AM(UTC)
There are many reasons why I don't like FH4, but after all, the main reason is "I like Forza, I don't like mobile games."

The FH4 system, like the Festival Playlist, is similar to a mobile game. Free, but devour our time.
In the days of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, DLC was hated. Some publishers release unfinished games and sell content that was originally included in the game at the time of release. Many memes were born and people hated the system.
But I'm playing FH4 and changing my opinion.
"DLC is better than boring chores."

Perhaps this monster will eat our time until the next Forza is released.
And this system is very effective. Even if you dislike this system, you will be forced to play because the car is taken hostage.
Perhaps FM8 and FH5 have even more exclusive cars, and Festival Playlist will be a more fundamental system of games.
I have been a fan of the Forza series since FM1. But this loyalty is about to be lost.
 2 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 1:05:18 PM(UTC)
we can always get more money, but we can never have more time.
#83 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2020 4:50:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
There are many reasons why I don't like FH4, but after all, the main reason is "I like Forza, I don't like mobile games."

The FH4 system, like the Festival Playlist, is similar to a mobile game. Free, but devour our time.
In the days of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, DLC was hated. Some publishers release unfinished games and sell content that was originally included in the game at the time of release. Many memes were born and people hated the system.
But I'm playing FH4 and changing my opinion.
"DLC is better than boring chores."

Perhaps this monster will eat our time until the next Forza is released.
And this system is very effective. Even if you dislike this system, you will be forced to play because the car is taken hostage.
Perhaps FM8 and FH5 have even more exclusive cars, and Festival Playlist will be a more fundamental system of games.
I have been a fan of the Forza series since FM1. But this loyalty is about to be lost.

With xCloud releasing this year and supported on mobile, expect even more mobile shenanigans...

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#84 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 12:16:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chili Duck Go to Quoted Post
Is it even possible to pay for anything in this game besides the original 6 car packs? I've been playing since release day and I've never noticed any microtransactions. It's more like "persist to progress" ... I log in every Thursday and bang out a few challenges to get whatever the latest free cars are. That's about it.

I started a thread a few weeks/months ago about 'Car Packs' asking the same thing but got a bunch of **** from the local trolls for verbalizing a desire to spend money for extra DLC. I've got discretionary income burning a hole in my wallet and would love to give it to Playground for some supplemental ammunition for Rivals. They needn't even be all that desirable; the lower the class, the better. I'd be stoked to buy the Pinto Pack or Junky Jalopy Pack, if they offered them. Heck, I'd be happy with the passive traffic cars, what ever they are.

I wish the powers that be...would continue the car packs for the duration that the game is still relevant ....being that Motorsport 8 or Horizon 5 is not out yet....release more DLC packs....there should have been something available for Toyota just like it was for Mitsubishi....at least 5 vehicles...they could have threw a Lexus or two in there...a couple of Celicas and even a Prius or GT86...but instead they string us along with a new car for every other Forzathon or in the Forza shop!

Edited by user Friday, February 7, 2020 12:23:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 1:52:37 PM(UTC)

[.. snip ..]

Another issue I have with FH4 is not with the game itself, but its community. FH4 has its fair share of haters, but there are also people who legit get triggered by any criticism directed towards the game. The arguments I've seen in support of obviously broken features make me think these people must be trolling or something, because they can't be serious. Post-release content being free does not mean we're not allowed to complain about it. UI/visual/sound bugs in cars are serious stuff, because this game is ultimately about the cars. Lego and Eliminator was not what was in 99% of people's wishlists. Yet the people who adamantly defend the game make it sound as if we're pampered for simply asking PG to tailor the product according to what we expected it to be, according to the earlier games.

I have many, many hours clocked in FH4. It's such fun to play. Britain isn't as flashy as Australia or Nice, but the roads are still great. But most of my enjoyment comes from using my fork to remove as much of that cheap raspberry syrup as possible, so I can taste the dough at least. I wish PG could serve me this great dough with their old Swiss chocolate.

For your general impression of FH4, you are not the only one having odd experience that it takes time to really get into what is great in it. I definitely like the game but I agree with some criticism and I'm cynical towards some design decisions.

For community, there are people whom this product means a lot, more than I can understand at times, especially since some feedback builds ultimately towards better, more superior product (and some doesn't). It's not about what is said, but what effectively happens. Some feature is bugged, posts are made, some may be hostile to towards users who posted about bug. Reporting bug leads toward better product and thus better user experience. So while initial impression may be that someone is attacking the messenger, their action is actually not only that, but they are punishing the product, that should not be better LOL

Perhaps it could be easily figure out thing or two about possible motivations, but I don't know how much that matters. Instead what's actually happening, matters when pondering if discussion is worth awhile or if it isn't.

Then FH4 is very feature rich game and players interested about multiplayer features, say leagues and even there comes more forks, Drift is very different to other league for example may not be interested about other features that much to begin with. Everything may appear to be fine. It isn't restricted to SP/MP I have very good experience with FH4 but let's see, I like Street Scene, there are 21 races to choose and seasonal dynamics matter, more or less but it does. No custom blueprints, but I can take almost any car to these events and be competitive with it, which means lot's of options.

Okay let's see Cross Country for comparison, there's 19 events, doesn't look that bad, but wait, not every route is practical for every car. So much less options with cars to begin with, overall, without custom blueprints, CC could get stale for players pretty fast as there's less practical options.

I'm all for adding more Street Scene events but honestly, I'm really jealous just about the Colossus like event from Road Racing. Most of ridiculous amount of time I have spent racing in this game, for me at least it has been a glass half full. It's also notable that while Broken Drivatar scenario is rare in Street Scene, it exists and in CC it appears to be dominant, leading to very different kind of experiences, which are all genuine but leading people conversing past each others.

In the end it's PG's job to be able to harvest feedback that builds toward better Horizon experience. Free cars... well, at the same time we are beta testing those car models for future Forza games for free. Folks hunting glitches and posting about that are doing favour, not only to fellow players but Turn 10 / PG.

There are things, for live model to work, it needs players who are willing to pay for that Gold subscription. Thinking that making progression slow, making maps MP only, all time players need to get familiar with things, add something random, bit more time to milk that Gold, I don't know but as concept Freeroam Rush would be convenient example. It has it's legit fans and nothing wrong with that but I would be a liar if I would say I wouldn't be interested about some other feature build with budget that went to FRR.

I'm just chilling on these forums at this point, but as evident from this Spring S2 Trial. I think it's reality that games like this lives from having hottest poster cars in their catalogue, but at the same time as evident on this weeks S2 Trial, if they have staying power in audience, how come there are so many who can't drive them? I don't mean they are bad feature but for me, we have some 600+ cars in game and what, 91 routes? One new car is theory is 91 new experiences. One new route would in theory be 91 x those 600+ experiences + many more options on weekly Playlist championships.
#86 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 2:32:35 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 10, 2020 9:41:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:38:39 AM(UTC)
I've pretty much stopped playing the game. FH1 and 2 way, way more fun.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error