24 Pages<<2021222324PrevNext
#526 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 4:45:42 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English only; translate your text before posting - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:54:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#527 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:08:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DavenDaniels Go to Quoted Post

Is that what you understood? O

You personally weren't saying this directly, but you included the advice the support has given you:

The answer they gave me on the ticket is that "apparently" my save is corrupted.

And if I want to play again I must delete my save and start all over again ...

I didn't try to give any solution to anything, so I don't need to be specific about anything.

If you like it or not, you provided a possible solution even if it is only based on what support has told you. So yes, you need to be specific, because this advice was give to you based on YOUR problem.
But you don't have the same problem as some other people here, despite you saying that.
I had the same problem.

Read.

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:26:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#528 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 11:10:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post

Is that what you understood? O

You personally weren't saying this directly, but you included the advice the support has given you:

The answer they gave me on the ticket is that "apparently" my save is corrupted.

And if I want to play again I must delete my save and start all over again ...

I didn't try to give any solution to anything, so I don't need to be specific about anything.

If you like it or not, you provided a possible solution even if it is only based on what support has told you. So yes, you need to be specific, because this advice was give to you based on YOUR problem.
But you don't have the same problem as some other people here, despite you saying that.
I had the same problem.

Read.

Hahahahaha Ok man... Just... OK... Sorry your Majesty...

I think someone should warn people that reading the FAQ is also a high danger for users... So... So Dangerous... #FEAR

Oh God... Hahahahaha

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2020 11:17:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#529 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:18:14 PM(UTC)
dsl for french .... i found a solution for myself after trying everything ...., the solution was to uninstall the software from the graphics card, do not reinstall it, win10 works without apperement ..., then a reset of the store and an update of the store, and miracle fh4 works without worries ....
#530 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:50:27 AM(UTC)
miss

Edited by user Sunday, September 20, 2020 11:00:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#531 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 1:16:54 PM(UTC)
I also got the Issue with Activation hang since about 4 weeks, it started when Forza told me there was a new car pack to install, i opened the ms store, installed the 2 car packs and since then FH4 wont start any more ...

Tried everything on the list and everything i found on the internet except reinstalling Windows 10, response from the support was that it was a known bug and since then i cant play the game i had been playing every week since it was released ....

Im somewhat disappointed by the support and i really miss playing forza, but if thats the way problems get handled by playground i have to thing twice before buying forza 8 or FH5 if they should be realeased as this is an annoying issue for many players ...
#532 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 1:36:23 PM(UTC)
I have had exactly the same problem with "hang type=activation" after installing Dolby Access with trial period. Removing Dolby Access solved this for me, it was not enough to just disable spatial sound. I think this can be triggered by some Store apps which are in unregistered state
#533 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 9:20:52 AM(UTC)
How do you backup the saved game info on PC? where is it stored?
#534 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 9:41:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sdhsonic Go to Quoted Post

Enjoy some reading: https://forums.forzamoto...al-Support--post--1.aspx
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#535 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 10:22:14 AM(UTC)

If someone is interested to backup his savegame, here the location:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

...the "wgs" folder is the savegame.

The option to show hidden files must be enabled

#536 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 11:30:25 AM(UTC)

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

does the game needs to be installed for that folder to be in the list?

#537 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 5:57:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TunaNoCrust02 Go to Quoted Post

No. It doesn't matter where the game is installed.

The folder mentioned is inside your Windows user folder. Not in the game folders.
Then it will be on your Windows partition.
#538 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:10:28 AM(UTC)

No. It doesn't matter where the game is installed.

The folder mentioned is inside your Windows user folder. Not in the game folders.
Then it will be on your Windows partition.

that folder is empty for me, but maybe its because the game is not launching and cant reach the point of syncing?

#539 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:31:57 AM(UTC)

that folder is empty for me, but maybe its because the game is not launching and cant reach the point of syncing?

Remember that the folder is hidden.

You need to enable t show hidden files and folders in windows folder settings.

1 user liked this post.
#540 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:22:27 AM(UTC)
In the case anyone was wondering if the newest update (September 29th) does fix the "crash hang type: activation" issue, the answer is, of course, who would have guessed it, a big: NO.

This is one of the possibilities. If you de-install the game (or reset the "app" aka the game)) it will also delete your savegame stored on your local hard drive / ssd. If you reinstall the game after de-installing it first, you have to launch the game and get the savegame that is stored in the cloud. But of course this won't work if you can't even get the game to launch. And yes, make sure you can see hidden folders, just in case.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:42:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#541 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1:44:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
In the case anyone was wondering if the newest update (September 29th) does fix the "crash hang type: activation" issue, the answer is, of course, who would have guessed it, a big: NO.

how do you know if the series 27 fixes the issue or not if the update is not out yet?

#542 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:19:32 AM(UTC)

how do you know if the series 27 fixes the issue or not if the update is not out yet?

I have downloaded an update for the game hours ago (actually 7 hours+ / the update is ~2,35 GB on PC if i remember correctly). Is has to be the series 27 update. Since a few months they release new updates for FH4 at 9 am in the morning in my time zone (summer time). The update got released exactly at that time, and wasn't available minutes before (i checked several times). Just because the release notes haven't been posted yet, doesn't mean the update isn't out. Why don't you try to trigger the download of the update for the game manually via the store?

Current version on PC (after the update) is 1.437.664.2 according to the microsoft store (previous version was 1.432.823.2 btw), if you don't believe me. How would i know this if the new update hasn't been out, especially because there are no release notes available yet (at the time of writing)? Simple anwer, because the update is out and you could have checked before asking me this question.

Edit: Further proof
[img=]newest update[/img]

+
Update available

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 7:00:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#543 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:37:43 PM(UTC)
Why even release a game if thousands of people who pay for it can't play it?
This is unacceptable, and proves that the developers do not care about their players at all. I buy the DLC, and am unable to play the game. So dumb. Fix your game Forza devs, I've tried 100+ different things at this point and still can't launch my game, I've found 2 year old threads talking about this issue - and yet it still exists.

Forza devs really do not care whatsoever about any fans of the games. They can't fix basic issues that make it completely unplayable.
#544 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 11:46:50 AM(UTC)
Hi, my game crashes after I press A to start the game if I'am connect to Xbox Live.
It only works if I disconnect my Xbox from the internet.

Already tried deleting local save files, reinstalling and cleaning system cache.

It's the same problem that people have here?
 1 user liked this post.
#545 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 3:03:49 PM(UTC)
Hello, I'm having a problem with my Xbox one account, where I open the game and can't get out of the initial loading screen. The game simply freezes and closes. I did a test by logging into the game with another account, and it worked perfectly. I have a problem with my main account that I play and I was wondering what it was. Detail, I never did anything wrong in the game and I bought the ultimate game package
#546 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 1:46:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Loureiroo16 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I'm having a problem with my Xbox one account, where I open the game and can't get out of the initial loading screen. The game simply freezes and closes. I did a test by logging into the game with another account, and it worked perfectly. I have a problem with my main account that I play and I was wondering what it was. Detail, I never did anything wrong in the game and I bought the ultimate game package

I have the exact same situation. purchased the FH3 + FH4 bundle in store and now can't get F4 to run after 10+ hours of troubleshooting.

#547 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 3:22:57 PM(UTC)
Just to give an alert. Although support is unlikely to solve anyone's problem.

But here in the Forum nobody will find anyone's treatment.

To have access to the official "support" it is necessary to open a ticket on the support page.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us

Remembering that the page needs to be in the en-us language (in Portuguese I can't find the link to the ticket)

Log in, and open any article. at the bottom of the page there will be a link forwarding to the support form. (until today I didn't understand how a page to open a ticket doesn't have a button or other access to the support form on the first page)

It may be that HERE you get to go straight, as long as you are logged into the platform. Login that I believe is different from the forum (I made a long time ago and I don't remember)
#548 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 5:31:00 PM(UTC)
Make sure this main account has Admin rights. Perhaps the other account that works does and the one that is your main does not.

Edited by user Friday, September 25, 2020 5:33:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#549 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 6:48:11 PM(UTC)
So, for all of my fellow forza 4 horizon pc gamers out there. I think I found a fix for the hang type activation. I discovered this as I was so sick and tired of not being able to play my game for months, so, I decided to do a clean windows 10 build 2004 install with all updates and also installed the nvidia geforce experience application to accommodate my geforce 1080 ti. Guess what, after installing Forza 4 Ultimate from the xbox live application, it still didn't work. But, I noticed that my scale and layout settings were set to the recommended settings:

150% Recommended

So, I changed this setting to 125% and for the hell of it, I executed forza, and it worked!!!!!!

To further test this theory out, I went back to the 150% Recommended settings, and the game splash screen comes up, then crashes to a hang type activation.

I went back to change this to 125%, the game executed perfectly.

I would like to see if all my gaming brothers/sisters out there give this a try and post your results.

Thanks,

Jesse Banda
#550 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 7:53:03 PM(UTC)
To all my fellow gamers in reference to Forza 4 Horizon PC Ultimate who receive the Hang Type Activation, I think I may have solved the problem.
After doing a clean windows 10 pro build 2004 install, I loaded all updates, then installed the GeForce experience for my GeForce 2080ti. Once I did a full install of Forza Ultimate from the xboxlive application, it clearly did as it did before, just crashed at Hang Type Activation.
However, I noticed a problem with my scale and layout settings were set to the recommended 150%
So, I decided to scale down to 125% and decided to execute Forza for the hell of it, guess what, that did it for me. The game did not crash after this. Fully surprised with the results, I decided to go back to the recommended 150%, executed the game, crashed at hang type activation. Once I went back to 125%, the game executed with perfection.
Please give this a try and let me know the results.
God Speed!
Jesse Banda
24 Pages<<2021222324PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error