23 Pages<<1920212223PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#501 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 6:43:38 PM(UTC)
If the purchase is recent, in the US, you can try to file a quick online complaint form with the BBB, FTC, or State Attorney Generals office for your state and jurisdiction. It's odd that Microsoft declines refunds for recent purchase even though the development team has admitted there is a game breaking error.
Forum mods seem to be blocking my posts for some reason?
#502 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 12:44:03 PM(UTC)
Hi all,
It seems that my PC has become a victim of this issue too. I've ran FH4 successfully earlier last week, then took a little bit of a break, my Win10 updated later that week. Wanted to play again yesterday,
the game crashes and so did my PC. Got a BSOD. Gave it a few tries afterwards but my pc kept crashing completely. Earlier this day, I even had issues with actually booting the whole PC. I eventually got it working again after quite some frustration, but if i tried to run the game, my pc started tripping out again. My pc isn't exactly new: running this game on low-medium graphics. It always ran fine (playing this game for about 2 months now), but something happened in that update I guess.. I tried to run some other games and progams and my pc seems to run fine then. Updated my graphics drivers etc.
So i'm wondering if this issue is related to this topic, or that there's something going on with my PC. Could anyone make this clear for me?

Regards,
#503 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 12:47:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Thijs21 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,
It seems that my PC has become a victim of this issue too. I've ran FH4 successfully earlier last week, then took a little bit of a break, my Win10 updated later that week. Wanted to play again yesterday,
the game crashes and so did my PC. Got a BSOD. Gave it a few tries afterwards but my pc kept crashing completely. Earlier this day, I even had issues with actually booting the whole PC. I eventually got it working again after quite some frustration, but if i tried to run the game, my pc started tripping out again. My pc isn't exactly new: running this game on low-medium graphics. It always ran fine (playing this game for about 2 months now), but something happened in that update I guess.. I tried to run some other games and progams and my pc seems to run fine then. Updated my graphics drivers etc.
So i'm wondering if this issue is related to this topic, or that there's something going on with my PC. Could anyone make this clear for me?

Regards,

A BSOD is something new here. If this only happens with Forza, it's safe to say it's the game's fault. If it happens with other applications, there's something wrong with you PC. However since this happens since a Windows Update it's also save to say that it's not a hardware problem.
#504 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:50:12 AM(UTC)
i reinstalled the game twice did everything on the list to"fix" the issue but nothing works, are they working on a fix?
 1 user liked this post.
#505 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 1:14:54 AM(UTC)
As far as we know, they are not working on a fix. It's "only" 100.000 of 10 million players. Too few to care...
#506 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 7:23:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeightMerch Go to Quoted Post
As far as we know, they are not working on a fix. It's "only" 100.000 of 10 million players. Too few to care...

And how exactly do "we" know this? Is there a source that supports your claim?

The forza support told me times and times again that teams are investigating and working on it. Of course this could be a lie, but they should not dare to lie to their customers. Because i do not accept being lied to, ever. Yes, i am just one person, so they may not care, but i do care about it.

The big question for me, is: why is it taking so long to fix this issue? Because people hated and complained about the additional loading/splash screen in February's Hotfix 1??? The hotfix that fixed the whole issue for two days (but also caused tons of other issues), until Hotfix 2 got released.

The "crash hang type: activation" issue is also still on their list of know issues ("identified and investigating"). If they have no plans to fix this issue they should alt least be honest enough to move it to the "WONT FIX AND BY DESIGN" part of their list - then i would at least know that they definitely won't fix this issue.

But again, if they won't release a fix, i at least demand a clear answer concerning this situation.

Edited by user Sunday, September 13, 2020 7:30:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#507 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 8:37:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post

The forza support told me times and times again that teams are investigating and working on it. Of course this could be a lie, but they should not dare to lie to their customers. Because i do not accept being lied to, ever. Yes, i am just one person, so they may not care, but i do care about it.

The big question for me, is: why is it taking so long to fix this issue? Because people hated and complained about the additional loading/splash screen in February's Hotfix 1??? The hotfix that fixed the whole issue for two days (but also caused tons of other issues), until Hotfix 2 got released.

The "crash hang type: activation" issue is also still on their list of know issues ("identified and investigating"). If they have no plans to fix this issue they should alt least be honest enough to move it to the "WONT FIX AND BY DESIGN" part of their list - then i would at least know that they definitely won't fix this issue.

But again, if they won't release a fix, i at least demand a clear answer concerning this situation.

if the issue wont be fixed then do you think we will able to get a refund or some sort of compensation?

1 user liked this post.
#508 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:26:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TunaNoCrust02 Go to Quoted Post

if the issue wont be fixed then do you think we will able to get a refund or some sort of compensation?

I don't really have an answer for you. I don't know. But that doesn't mean you should not try to get a compensation.
#509 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:05:59 AM(UTC)

I don't really have an answer for you. I don't know. But that doesn't mean you should not try to get a compensation.

The fix for me was actually very simple. Turn off you internet connection and every thing works perfect.

They will not fix it for sure so if you like the game give it a try full offline
 1 user liked this post.
#510 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 4:27:05 PM(UTC)
Been having this issue for over 7 months. I've tried every possible solution I could find, to no avail. This will be the last Forza title I buy if this EXTREMELY WELL KNOWN ISSUE is not fixed.

As with most people, event viewer spits this out:
The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2a78
Start Time: 01d68af5363f42ae
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.432.823.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: f4308362-6ad8-4495-baa0-11b32fab0721
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.432.823.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation
#511 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 4:28:31 PM(UTC)
Been having this issue for over 7 months, where the splash screen shows for ~30 seconds and then closes. I've tried every solution I've seen, to no avail. This will be the last Forza title I buy if this issue is not resolved.

As with most people, Event viewer outputs this:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.432.823.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.432.823.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
#512 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 4:29:18 PM(UTC)
Been having this issue for over 7 months, where the splash screen shows for ~30 seconds and then closes. I've tried every solution I've seen, to no avail. This will be the last Forza title I buy if this issue is not resolved.

#513 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 4:29:33 PM(UTC)

#514 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:12:11 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Curious - how did you actually reach Forza support?? I've submitted tickets but no response at all. The crazy thing is I recently (1 month) upgraded to the FH3+FH4 Ultimate and that may be part of the problem - lost 10-15 hours troubleshooting. It had been working but no longer and yes it is listed but has been so long and there seems to be such little care about this issue that it looks like they are unable or unwilling to fix. Very very disappointed in Microsoft!
#515 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:13:16 PM(UTC)

Even trying to submit this formum entry I get
"
There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.
"
It's like there is nobody left running the place :)

#516 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 5:14:20 PM(UTC)

Even trying to submit this formum entry I get
"
There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.
"
It's like there is nobody left running the place :)

#517 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 11:09:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Locking86 Go to Quoted Post

The fix for me was actually very simple. Turn off you internet connection and every thing works perfect.

They will not fix it for sure so if you like the game give it a try full offline

i just tried it and it didnt work.
#518 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:02:19 AM(UTC)
Has anyone that has had this error tried running the game through the android streaming? I was told by support that my account was 'corrupted' and after resetting all my progress I then get this error.

I did try uninstalling the game and adding a new xbox account with a new game pass to download the base game but still got the hang type error... Hopefully I can play it like this but considering I have the ultimate edition that cost me quite a bit of money I don't fancy spending $15 a month to just be able to play it on my phone...
 1 user liked this post.
#519 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 4:36:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Locking86 Go to Quoted Post

Do you really think i haven't tried that before? I had several "tricks" that would help to get the game to run, yes, even including starting the game without an internet connection / offline. And it did help a few times, but like any other "trick", it did eventually stop to work.

Just to make that clear, when the problem occured for the first time it would take me 3-5 attempts to get the game to run. Later it would take 20-30+ attempts, then often 50+. The game did not completely stop to run, immediately. It was a process that lasted months. So, it first got worse and worse, before it would no longer run at all.

And there is a chance that it will be the same for you. There is no guarantee, that starting the game offline will work indefinitely. You are just lucky, that this (still) works for you.
Also starting the game offline has been suggested before, and it would not work for most people..

Originally Posted by: sdhsonic Go to Quoted Post

Curious - how did you actually reach Forza support?? I've submitted tickets but no response at all. The crazy thing is I recently (1 month) upgraded to the FH3+FH4 Ultimate and that may be part of the problem - lost 10-15 hours troubleshooting. It had been working but no longer and yes it is listed but has been so long and there seems to be such little care about this issue that it looks like they are unable or unwilling to fix. Very very disappointed in Microsoft!

I don't know why your support tickets have gone unanswered. I can only tell you what support has told me. It may have helped me that i usually add/connect a request follow-up to an existing request. And of course, i don't know if they care and if they will fix it, but like i said before, if they have no plans to fix this issue, they should be at least honest about it, und tell us the truth.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:06:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#520 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:46:47 AM(UTC)
I had the same problem.

My game closes when the profile loads on the home screen.

If I turn off the internet the game loads normally. No online resources.

The answer they gave me on the ticket is that "apparently" my save is corrupted.

And if I want to play again I must delete my save and start all over again ...

It is quite possible that I will delete my save of +500 hrs, with all the cars and 2 years of progress ...

I just stop playing and never buy anything from this franchise ...

This problem happens since Horizon 3 on the PC.
So horizon 3 and 4, and motorsport 7, can happen to any of them.

There are several cases, just do a quick search ...

I actually made a post today about it: https://forums.forzamoto...give-up-Forza-Games.aspx
#521 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 10:04:43 AM(UTC)
I'd backup my local save/whole settings folder first, then maybe try reset and after that up my old save - that's just me always fiddle with things.
There is also another option, have screen shots of your possessions and work with support, so they restore it back after reset.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#522 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:25:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
I'd backup my local save/whole settings folder first, then maybe try reset and after that up my old save - that's just me always fiddle with things.
There is also another option, have screen shots of your possessions and work with support, so they restore it back after reset.

No, they don't restore anything ... that's the point.

Without internet my game loads ... Is it my save that is really corrupted? Or some bug in the loading or connection?

I won't know why because they don't try to solve the problem ... They just tell to erase and start over ... That's the support ...

I opened 2 Tickets with different "attendants" and the answer was the same ...

There is no such thing as "working with support", the only thing they do is copy and paste answers from the FAQ.
#523 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 5:39:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DavenDaniels Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem.

Based on your decription you had a similar problem, but not necessarily the same. Look, don't get me wrong, it is absolutely okay to post in this thread, but i would also prefer if we could be a bit more precise. For example, the "crash hang type: activation" issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with a corrupted savegame - and i don't want people to completely delete their savegames, because they think they have the "same" issue as you, when that is not the case. So, if anyone is ever tempted to delete their savegame, please make a backup first.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 5:45:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#524 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:46:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DavenDaniels Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem.

Based on your decription you had a similar problem, but not necessarily the same. Look, don't get me wrong, it is absolutely okay to post in this thread, but i would also prefer if we could be a bit more precise. For example, the "crash hang type: activation" issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with a corrupted savegame - and i don't want people to completely delete their savegames, because they think they have the "same" issue as you, when that is not the case. So, if anyone is ever tempted to delete their savegame, please make a backup first.

Is that what you understood? Oo

Anyway... The alert was given ... They are not responsible for their cloud service ... Very easy to provide something without having to be responsible for it right?

I didn't try to give any solution to anything, so I don't need to be specific about anything.

Alert given, and just to be clear ... since ... right ... I didn't write that deleting save will solve anyone's problem... OK? Just read...
#525 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 3:34:52 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English only; translate your text before posting - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:55:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

23 Pages<<1920212223PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error