23 Pages<<1819202122>>PrevNext
#476 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 7:08:36 AM(UTC)
I also have this issue and was wondering how long this issue will persist. Is there no estimated ETA for the fix?
#477 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 8:08:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheAlmightyV12 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve had this issue since the day I bought the ultimate addon pack, my version is the one from the game pass. The only thing that made the game work again was trying it after completing reinstalling windows, but this time I did not install the car pass. The game runs without any issues now.

i'm building new pc now, i will tell you this week end if this method works...

if i don't install game pass cars from windows store, they will be in game right?
 2 users liked this post.
#478 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 6:54:50 PM(UTC)
I've filled out the Xbox games refund form, even though this is a "Play Anywhere" title that I bought for my PC, as I do not own any consoles. I've also reported this issue to both the FTC and BBB. It's absolutely disgusting that a known error that completely disables customers from using a service/product can last for months without compensation of any kind and Microsoft is at fault as they are the publishers of this title that goes through their proprietary site.

At the least, support should inform consumers what the underlying problems could be and what the ETA for a fix will be, instead of stating "soon" in their ticket replies, and subsequent closure of said ticket.

Denial of usable product for over five months while having collected money for the product cannot be a legal practice.
#479 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 3:30:26 AM(UTC)
Totally agree - the game needs some serious re-engineering to fix this problem but I think they're too focussed on the next Forza game to bother.
I seem to remember similar issues the last time I tried a Microsoft PC game. Their customer support and aftercare is just laughable, borderline criminal.

On a different note, has anybody tried the new patch that released yesterday? I'm re-downloading the game now but if this doesn't fix it I'll be filling out the refund form as well.
 1 user liked this post.
#480 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:58:47 PM(UTC)
The new patch didn't do a thing...
#481 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 6:02:06 PM(UTC)
Can anyone please post a link to the site where we can get a refund? I've looked online, but where it says it should be, it isn't for me.

I followed these instructions, but don't see a "refund" button anywhere.

1. Sign into your Microsoft account on Xbox.com.

2. Click on your gamertag in the top right

3. Click on My Account in the drop down menu

4. On the top bar look for Payment & Billing

5. The hit Order History from the drop down

6. Finally, find Forza Horizon 4 and hit Request a Refund
#482 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 6:55:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Palis50400 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone please post a link to the site where we can get a refund? I've looked online, but where it says it should be, it isn't for me.

Here ya go: https://support.xbox.com...ons/refund-subscriptions
 2 users liked this post.
#483 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 7:03:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Palis50400 Go to Quoted Post

Actually, I'll save you some time. The Microsoft/Xbox store support system just emailed me, they denied my request for a refund and simply closed my ticket. Never in my life did I expect in 2020 to deal with such poor customer support of a digital product. This isn't even a physical good that you have to ship. I regret spending money during the deals from last week and buying this game that won't even play.

Steam/Epic, no store has this issue.

I'm surprised no class action suit has been filed at this point. It would make for a juicy litigation with the defendants being a giant like MS.
#484 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 11:08:26 AM(UTC)
I fixed my problem by deleting it from my PC and buying an Xbox one, I got sick and tired of waiting for it to get fixed. If you want to play it then stick with the standard edition but if you really want the ultimate edition then buy an Xbox and that's the only fix you can expect imho

Edited by user Friday, August 28, 2020 11:10:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#485 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 10:46:10 AM(UTC)
Hi @all,

I have also been a "victim" of application hang / activation.
From 01/2019 up to 28.07.2020 the game runs.
I started with standard edition and after some month I upgraded it to the ultimate edition.
All was fine.
On 28.07.2020 I sent my computer to hibernation (like usual) and waked it up again on 29.07.2020.
No configuration change, no installation (AFAIK) and: Game crashes.
After trying out almost all (I guess) tips available to resolve this issue, with no success (like exprected)
I did a complete clean, long time planned, installation of Windows on a different disk (same model like
the old) and success: The game is running again.
Let's see how long this will last.
As the game is resistent to hibernation I do not close it if it is not needed.

If the problem reappears, I will try to reinstall DirectX using dxwebsetup.
I think "activation" in the event log message stands for a problem with the activation of the DirectX
surface. In the moment the problem occurs, the start screen should appear.

#486 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 8:22:15 AM(UTC)
Hi, i'm downloading fh4 on a new machine, fresh w10 install. I have gamepass, ultimate edition ecc... How i can install it?

First thing first i install the base game then? Any suggestion?

Installed everything but the gamepass and It worked again (new Windows instal)

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2020 1:59:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#487 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 2:36:21 PM(UTC)
[I tried to be sarcastic] No, honestly, why wouldn't the game run on a completely new pc with probably a completely new Windows10?

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2020 2:51:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#488 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 10:04:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
[I tried to be sarcastic] No, honestly, why wouldn't the game run on a completely new pc with probably a completely new Windows10?

Because someone tried before and it did not work, for example, if you install game pass it may not work. Go and search on reddit or any forum. Many players say that it stop working after some hours of gaming , even on a new machine.
 1 user liked this post.
#489 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 5:01:03 AM(UTC)
You keep writing "game pass". There is the xbox game pass (okay, probably doesn't require a normal install) and there is the CAR pass for Forza Horizon 4. I think, what you mean is the car pass.
I have seen, that people have said that it stopped working again, even after a clean windows install, but i have not seen anyone saying that is was the case on a completely different new PC.

But even if this is the case, in my opinion, there is one thing that is for sure: the developers need to fix this issue.

They can not expect everyone out there who buys the UE of FH4, to know, not to install the car pass. And to expect of people that they make a new clean windows install just because of one game and because the devs messed up the car pass, is not okay and a shame. Please devs, fix this issue.

And i know it isn't made by Playground, but currently i see no chance that i am buying the next Forza Motorsport. I won't even play it on game pass. Microsoft, Playground and Turn10 will have a lot to do to make up for this whole situation with FH4. I would even cancel my game pass subscription immediately, but unfortunately it isn't possible (but i have cancelled the automatic renewal of the game pass). But hey, i am just one person, so they won't even care.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 1, 2020 5:13:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#490 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 9:48:52 AM(UTC)
The best written thread on this is actually outside of these Forums on Reddit. I think that person is right. This issue, early on, may have been caused by incompatibility issues with 3rd party services, etc for securing this game and preventing piracy. At this point, it most likely appears to have something to do with how Microsoft accounts authenticate purchased software/games.

There might be something coded into the game itself that isn't authenticating with the activation servers at Microsoft and causes the hang and closure.

For example, when I go to my Microsoft Account and log in on the web (not the store or your PC, but the Web), there is a security panel. Within there, you will see all the games/software that has access to your account.

For me, FH3 shows up, because on the initial play, there is a pop-up that asks you if you will allow FH3 to authenticate/link to your MS account. FH4 does not show up in that list of software, even though I played it for around 2 hours on purchase day. Subsequently the software has never started up correctly. I always play with internet connection on and logged into my MS Admin account.

As someone with a job working in a bureaucratic business, I assume that this problem is extremely low on the priority list as it doesn't generate new profit. Microsoft itself is also insulated by absurd legal protections, so customers (outside of business customers) have very little recourse. The dev teams are probably also tasked with other things so the only thing I see happening is that they fix this issue if and only if it's tied to larger issues or if it impacts console gamers. The fact that they don't directly acknowledge this specific error on their Twitter or Discord is a sign they are not prioritizing it.

#491 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 3:14:13 PM(UTC)
"Crash hang type: activation" is on their official list of "know issues" as a pc specific issue. They have acknowledged the existence of the issue.

https://support.forzamot...1991068-FH4-Known-Issues

Don't let the "7 days ago Updated" fool you.

If i remember correctly, the "crash hang type: activation" issue has been on the list since around March. And we are in September now and there is still no fix. I personally would be ashamed of it, if i were one of the devs, but okay, they may think differently.*

*Edit:
Look, i don't know how to say this. This hasn't been a normal year. I don't know at what point it is okay to start complaining about video game problems again. But under normal circumstances i would absolutely stand by what i have written. But in this case, i want to apologize.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 1, 2020 4:05:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#492 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:28:11 PM(UTC)
Forza horiozn 4 not launching just downloaded it yesterday was working fine now i was trying to lunch it not working at all grey screen and disappears
#493 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:59:22 PM(UTC)
Ironically, they're screwing-over the people that paid a premium for their game and add-on content, but evidently they are okay with that.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 1, 2020 11:54:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

#494 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 1:04:07 PM(UTC)
I press play on the game it just shows a picture of the mclaren and then it closes after 10 seconds Ive basically done every fix known to man and it still hasnt worked I honestly cba
#495 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 11:16:01 PM(UTC)
I just bought the game a few days ago, and was able to run it exactly once.

The first time I tried to run it, it just closed to desktop after the logo screen. I read up on the issue and ended my Logitech gaming software - FH4 worked, and I was able to play for a few hours.

When I tried to run it again last night; nothing but crashes. Always the same hang type activation. Let's just say I've tried everything short of reinstalling Windows, simply because A. Really? and B. It ran once and ran fine the whole time. :/

I bought the Ultimate Edition, too... $99 that it sounds like they're not giving refunds for. At least knowing they don't give refunds or accept support tickets saves me some time. :/
 1 user liked this post.
#496 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 7:41:08 AM(UTC)
I can't believe how selfish and money-hungry they are... It blinds them. I am so god damn mad that a game I paid for suddenly stops working. WHY are they not fixing it. Unbelievable. The worst thing is that we (the community) can do NOTHING about it
#497 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2020 11:26:37 AM(UTC)
I sent an email to Kotaku a while ago explaining the issue we're all facing and how little is being done about it. I doubt they'll publish anything but I advise anybody who's affected by this issue to write to your preferred gaming media outlet. If we're being ignored then the best thing we can do is to try and get the problem some media attention. If there's one thing big corporations hate it's negative press.
#498 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2020 11:26:58 AM(UTC)
Edit: Accidental double-post
Edit edit:

There's a petition I've just found here. Everybody who's affected please go and sign it.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:00:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#499 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2020 7:10:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Strike Viper Go to Quoted Post
I sent an email to Kotaku a while ago explaining the issue we're all facing and how little is being done about it. I doubt they'll publish anything but I advise anybody who's affected by this issue to write to your preferred gaming media outlet. If we're being ignored then the best thing we can do is to try and get the problem some media attention. If there's one thing big corporations hate it's negative press.

For individuals in the US, why not also post a complaint to the following entities: Better Business Bureau (BBB), your State's Attorneys Generals Office, and also the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). I did this because I really didn't play the game much after purchase, only one day, and then it started failing on the Hang Type: Activation error. All 3 entities have very easy web portals for filing complaints on misleading purchases.

I doubt it's going to get me refunded my money, but there are oversight entities that do protect consumer rights. I'm not sure whether the date of purchase affects the complaint, but I feel new purchasers of this product should file these complaints. It takes around 10 minutes to file a complaint form. Just have your order amount, order date and explain the issue (that the software doesn't work and the developers/manufacturers and sellers of the software have admitted it's a known error without doing much about it for over a year).

This wouldn't fly if it were hardware.
#500 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:11:29 PM(UTC)
Hello

I Have same Issue
the problem started 5 days ago

O programa ForzaHorizon4.exe versão 0.0.0.0 parou de interagir com o Windows e foi fechado. Para ver se mais informações sobre o problema estão disponíveis, verifique o histórico de problemas no painel de controle Segurança e Manutenção.
ID do Processo: 4c78
Hora de Início: 01d68644e077055d
Hora de Término: 4294967295
Caminho do Aplicativo: I:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.432.823.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
ID do Relatório: 6e36d2df-e6f0-435a-a6c1-c1516630c352
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.432.823.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha: SunriseReleaseFinal
Tipo com falha: Activation
23 Pages<<1819202122>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error