23 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext
#451 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:45:11 PM(UTC)
Of course i have tried to launch the game from the store, the windows start menu AND the Xbox app countless times before. But the times where launching the game via Xbox app seemed to make any difference at all, are long gone for me.

I own the Ultimate Edition of FH4. I also have Gamepass (Ultimate), which theoretically only includes the standard version of the game without any of the ultimate edition content. There is a reason why i want to point this out again, but i don't want to risk to make any wrong assumptions.

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:51:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#452 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:40:19 PM(UTC)
I am not joking here. I tried E V E R Y possible solution an suggestion the internat has to offer. I spend something between 12 and 14 hours with reading about fixes and testing them.

I have the issue since 6 months.

Don't just look into this forum, look into the Microsoft Store page of this game. Especially deluxe and ultimate edition. Sort the reviews by date, nearly 100% (ONE HUNDRED PERCENT) of the reviews from this year are stating: "1 of 5 Stars, I can't launch the game".
Just let that flow into your mind.

At this point I have only one question: Are the devs ashamed of themselves?!

#453 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
Ye i even bought treasure pack in hope that it will refresh my licence :D ofc nothing, i bought Game pass ofc nothing :D

Does anyone have open NAT ?

Does anyone have default packet size in ethernet adapter settings ?

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 5:09:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#454 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 5:50:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
Of course i have tried to launch the game from the store, the windows start menu AND the Xbox app countless times before. But the times where launching the game via Xbox app seemed to make any difference at all, are long gone for me.

I own the Ultimate Edition of FH4. I also have Gamepass (Ultimate), which theoretically only includes the standard version of the game without any of the ultimate edition content. There is a reason why i want to point this out again, but i don't want to risk to make any wrong assumptions.

No worries, just wanted to mention what ended up sort of working for me at the moment - sorry to hear it didn't work for you.
 2 users liked this post.
#455 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 5:52:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeightMerch Go to Quoted Post

https://segmentnext.com/...4/forza-horizon-4-sales/

Suffice to say no, they already have the money.
 1 user liked this post.
#456 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 2:51:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeightMerch Go to Quoted Post

Of course they aren't, they don't care, obviously.

1 user liked this post.
#457 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:21:18 AM(UTC)
The problem is: what we have to do now? I mean, we have tried hundred of "Fix 100%" from YT, forums, official responses, and we still have the problem.
I run a shop in my town, and when i miss something or i fail in my job, i pay with my money to fix the problem for the costumers.
We have paid 70/90 €/$ for this game. We pretend to be satisfied soon.

3 users liked this post.
#458 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:56:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vannis83 Go to Quoted Post
The problem is: what we have to do now? I mean, we have tried hundred of "Fix 100%" from YT, forums, official responses, and we still have the problem.
I run a shop in my town, and when i miss something or i fail in my job, i pay with my money to fix the problem for the costumers.

Plain simple. Not buying any of their future products :).
 1 user liked this post.
#459 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:04:38 AM(UTC)
I wrote this in one of my tickets a while ago:

Quote:
And please, let me remind you, Hotfix 1, dated February 19th, PC: 1.396.104.2, did actually fix the "crash hang type: activation" issue. It caused a lot of other problems, so you undid some of the changes with Hotfix 2 only two days later. And i fully understand why you did release Hotfix 2. But Hotfix 1, in February, must have worked, at least partially, and i still don't understand why, in August, there is still no fix for the "crash hang type: activation" issue

Quote:
As i have mentioned above, Hotfix 1, dated February 19th, PC: 1.396.104.2 did fix the issue (for two days, until Hotfix 2 arrived).

According to the release notes of the February Hotfix 1, it included this:
CROSS PLATFORM FIXES
Fixed an occasional crash during boot on the splash screens.

If i remember correctly, the issues cause by Hotfix 1, were reported mainly by people playing on Xbox ONE.

According to the list of know issues, the "crash hang type: activation" issue is a PC issue.

CROSS PLATFORM FIXES vs PC issue.

My point here is, why not take what worked in Hotfix 1, and ONLY include it in an update for the PC version, and not in the console version.

Okay, let's be real here. It is not that easy - i understand. This is not how it works, it is much more complicated.

Yes, this may be a highly complicated issue. But i am frustrated that absolutely nothing was gained by what they had achieved with that Hotfix 1 in February. Was there nothing to learn?

And when am I allowed to run out of patience? The support keeps telling me to be patient. Patience is a virtue, but how much longer do i have to wait?

And before anyone questions, if Hotfix 1 really made any difference, or if i am just fantasizing. Here is what the support had to say, 6 month ago, when i first tried to discuss February's Hotfix 1:

Quote:
Thank you for submitting a ticket regarding this issue, our team is aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix, please be patient as we will release patch notes on our support page when a fix is implemented, for now you can check out our discord if you have any questions https://discord.gg/G5NZaVC i know the hotfix initially fixed this issue, but it also caused issue for others, please allow time for us to resolve this and get it live. we are pushing for this to be fixed

And just to make this very, very clear: i am not asking them to fix the game for me, and break it for others. I am asking them to fix the game so that all of us can play the game. I don't want anyone to have problems with the game.

And if the developers think, that i am not telling the truth or that i am depicting a false image of the real situation, then please, set the record straight. I am not your enemy.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:29:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#460 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:21:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoogieForU Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vannis83 Go to Quoted Post

Plain simple. Not buying any of their future products :).

Indeed, maybe if the product is moved on steam i will give it a shoot.

#461 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 8:45:57 PM(UTC)
Idk, i was able to play after 6 months.. i turned off some xbox trash etc..nothing and then i turned off ethernet adapter and launched and after 30sec it just worked. I dont know if that was one luck in 6 months or it helped, but i am going to sleep now so i cant try launch it more times with reset pc etc...

edit: Jesus.. it was just a fluke.. I cant launch it today with adapter off and most services off.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 12, 2020 6:59:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#462 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 7:40:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kravickas Go to Quoted Post
Idk, i was able to play after 6 months.. i turned off some xbox trash etc..nothing and then i turned off ethernet adapter and launched and after 30sec it just worked. I dont know if that was one luck in 6 months or it helped, but i am going to sleep now so i cant try launch it more times with reset pc etc...

edit: Jesus.. it was just a fluke.. I cant launch it today with adapter off and most services off.

Doh! that is such a shame as I'm trying to launch the game on my PC with the network adapter not enabled.
But no luck!
#463 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 12:05:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Longbridge Go to Quoted Post
Adding to the thread as I have this issue and FM Support closed my ticket without offering a resolution. Unacceptable for an $80 game.

From my Event Viewer:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1a9c
Start Time: 01d66d05b139222b
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.429.729.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: df068113-2c72-4baf-a76d-01a232e149c0
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.429.729.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation

My situation is exactly the same. They said this is a known issue and closed the ticked.
#464 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 8:07:50 AM(UTC)
The long time it's worked fine, but now back again. Launching is OK, but after intro and logos, it's stuck on black screen (30 seconds), after it's loading main menu.

I try to reinstall and delete all car packs, try install Standard Edition, but nothing help.

Forza Horizon 4 Demo running faster than Ultimate Edition.

The game on HDD (not system disc).

Windows 10 / 1909

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2020 8:08:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#465 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:49:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sh1kuren Go to Quoted Post
The long time it's worked fine, but now back again. Launching is OK, but after intro and logos, it's stuck on black screen (30 seconds), after it's loading main menu.

I try to reinstall and delete all car packs, try install Standard Edition, but nothing help.

Forza Horizon 4 Demo running faster than Ultimate Edition.

The game on HDD (not system disc).

Windows 10 / 1909

Hi, i've stopped to try "fixes" , devs added hang activation error on know issues, we can only hope they find a fix soon. I am very upset about that...
#466 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 2:42:35 PM(UTC)
The "crash hang type: activation" issue has been a "known issue" for several months now. And even before they acknowledged the issue as a "know" issue, they already had players creating tickets reporting this issue to them. There is at least one other thread about this issue (way before is was officially known as "crash hang type: activation") that is 1 year old. Even this thread here was created 10 months ago.

Next week Playground will release the series 26 update. My gut feeling says, that the update won't include a fix for the "crash hang type : activation" issue, but oh, i really hope that i am totally wrong about this. I really want the update to include a fix, i really do.

Sure, they are working on fixing they issue, but they have been working on it for several months. I have been waiting - patiently. But there must be a point in time, when Playground's behaviour is no longer okay.

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2020 2:48:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#467 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 2:54:51 PM(UTC)
This game is broken on PC and nobody cares. It just crash on start every time. I even tried all of this "solutions" here:
https://support.forzamot...ing-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

Nothing works, I've re-installed it mutliple times but same cr*p. At one point I've decided to remove every single car from the car pass in the DLC section of windows and magically the game has start and I was able to get the car pass contents anyway.
All good? Hold on: I restarted the game for change some graphical options and... the game crash again on start. Really, I bought the freaking Ultimate bundle with FH3, FH4 and all of the DLCs and I have to deal with this cr*p?
I mean... for real? The whole situation is beyond pathetic, I've already wasted hours to deal with this and I'm back to the beginning having no idea what to do and by reading this topic seems that this situation is going on by a year. Incredible... FH developers have no shame.

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2020 2:56:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#468 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 10:49:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SixelAlexiS90 Go to Quoted Post
This game is broken on PC and nobody cares. It just crash on start every time. I even tried all of this "solutions" here:
https://support.forzamot...ing-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

Nothing works, I've re-installed it mutliple times but same cr*p. At one point I've decided to remove every single car from the car pass in the DLC section of windows and magically the game has start and I was able to get the car pass contents anyway.
All good? Hold on: I restarted the game for change some graphical options and... the game crash again on start. Really, I bought the freaking Ultimate bundle with FH3, FH4 and all of the DLCs and I have to deal with this cr*p?
I mean... for real? The whole situation is beyond pathetic, I've already wasted hours to deal with this and I'm back to the beginning having no idea what to do and by reading this topic seems that this situation is going on by a year. Incredible... FH developers have no shame.

I don't have much money on my side, i've saved a bit for the ultimate edition (never spent so much money on a game, it was my first time). Spent 70-80 € . So sad...
#469 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 4:36:02 PM(UTC)
Been trying for the last three hours to get onto FH4 - must've started it 40 times but like a car with a dead starter motor it just won't go. Of course I've tried all the 'official' fixes bar reinstalling Windows, which is a ridiculous imposition to ask of anybody. Re-installed it last night, it started okay this afternoon (after 10 - 15 attempts), and tonight it's unplayable again.
This has been on the known bugs/problems list for months and nothing's been done about it. With the attitude the publishers seem to have to this and other (very common) problems I won't be spending any money with them in the future.
Given the problem seems to be to do with the game's DRM does anybody know if any of the cracked/hacked versions you can download on pirate sites work better?
 1 user liked this post.
#470 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 4:15:07 AM(UTC)
Pirating this game at this point absoluty legit.
#471 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 10:31:04 AM(UTC)
As usual, they have totally ingnored the issue during their series 26 live stream. I still have a little hope because the update notes have not been released yet. But honestly, why aren't Plaground willing to fix this issue? I have bought the game at the microsoft store - a 100% legal version of the game. But they keep letting me down.
#472 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 11:03:42 AM(UTC)
I’ve had this issue since the day I bought the ultimate addon pack, my version is the one from the game pass. The only thing that made the game work again was trying it after completing reinstalling windows, but this time I did not install the car pass. The game runs without any issues now.
#473 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 1:17:37 PM(UTC)
If it is really the only option to completely re-install Windows and to stay away from installing the car pass like a vampire stays away from holy water, then i wish Playground would just say that: that they won't or can't fix this issue and that we absolutely HAVE to re-install windows.

Unfortunaltely i have a lot of old games on my PC (legally bought retail versions), and some were quite hard to get to run. It required a lot of work. Of course i could blame myself for thinking, that there wouldn't be this one game, that would require me to completely re-install windows. But i guess, i was wrong.

Although, i have read comments before where people were saying that they did a clean install of windows and that the game would either work once or twice, or for two weeks, before the issue would occur again, Or even worse, that the game still would not work at all. Of course i can't say, if they made the mistake to install the car pass. And please, i only want to mention this. I don't want to tell anyone, what they should or should not do. If anyone thinks re-installing windows is the way to go, don't let me hold you back. You make your own decisions.

And i appreciate if people try to help each other. So, thank you to TheAlmightyV12 and all the others for their suggestions.

And yes, i understand. I am posting here quite often, and i am sick of it myself. But if PG would fix the issue, i wouldn't need to be here or write a comment. I do not enjoy this situation.

Edited by user Monday, August 24, 2020 1:28:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#474 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 8:50:39 PM(UTC)
I foolishly purchased the Ultimate Editions of Forza 3 and 4. Has anyone had luck with refunds? Is it even possible? What about reporting to the BBB? I received the same scripted reply from one of the support team members, that the fix is coming soon. However, it appears this forum is saying that this reply has been ongoing for months. I'm almost sure it is illegal to deny a monetary refund for a non-working product or service. Something over 60 dollars is not considered cheap by any means.
#475 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 8:52:58 PM(UTC)
I received a reply from one of the support team members saying that this issue is known and that a fix is coming soon. However, these forum posts clearly refute that claim as posters have been notifying them about this issue for months. It should be illegal to refuse refunds for a product which is faulty or non-functional.
23 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error