22 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext
#426 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:12:08 AM(UTC)
even the forum is a piece of ...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:14:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#427 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:27:08 AM(UTC)
duplicate - removed

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:56:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#428 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:27:30 AM(UTC)
duplicate - removed

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:56:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#429 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:51:47 AM(UTC)
#392 Posted : 17 days ago
So again, the problem has gone away, after I have uninstalled the game and removed everything related to it, folders etc and install it on a different drive/partition, where the game was never installed before or I have nothing installed from Microsoft Store on this drive. I've just finished Gears 5, uninstalled it and installed the game on this driver and issue went away. Try to install the game on a drive where you do not have anything else installed from Microsoft Store, only this game and see if it works. Good luck and hopefully it will work from now on.

Keep in mind I had this issue on a partition where I had Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition and Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate edition, and it was on a SSD which has 2 partitions, one for Windows and the other one, where I've had Forza 4, for games.

Update: Regarding my post above, I can 100% confirm that after each update, the game does not start. So, as you can see above, I've managed to get it working, but now, a new update applied and it does not work again. They are f**** the files somehow :)

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:53:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#430 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:34:29 AM(UTC)
Luke - I've only launched the game quickly this morning before work to check out some of the new car pack cars - but it launched fine. I'm on xbox one X.

This is the first post I've seen from anyone complaining about issues since the update about any sort of launch issue - there have been some server issues it seems for some people this last week. But not seen any posts from people saying the game won't launch at all.

I'd log a ticket with the support team, explain exactly what's happening - is it failing to sync, taking too long to load, dropping you back to the dashboard etc. .

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us

Good luck

D
 1 user liked this post.
#431 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:47:05 AM(UTC)
Submitted a ticket, but that's never proven to be any help with past issues, nor has it been a fast process.
As for the issue, i "press A to start" and the game just freezes.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:49:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#432 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:46:37 AM(UTC)
How has this ended up in here?
https://forums.forzamoto...-title-screen--xbox.aspx

And i thought this thread was a about the PC issue "crash hang type: activation". It is even in the very first post of this topic. If you look closely you might find those three words: "Hang type: Activation"

I wish you all the best and hopefully they fix the issue on Xbox as soon as possible.

Now, Playground please fix the "hang type: activation" issue on PC as well, because this issue does still exist. And for some of us it has been a thorn in the side for more than 10 months+.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:59:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#433 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:25:38 AM(UTC)
Lot of things cause this issue, it is not just the error you received causing the crash.
#434 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:42:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
How has this ended up in here?
https://forums.forzamoto...-title-screen--xbox.aspx

And i thought this thread was a about the PC issue "crash hang type: activation". It is even in the very first post of this topic. If you look closely you might find those three words: "Hang type: Activation"

I wish you all the best and hopefully they fix the issue on Xbox as soon as possible.

Now, Playground please fix the "hang type: activation" issue on PC as well, because this issue does still exist. And for some of us it has been a thorn in the side for more than 10 months+.

No idea, the responses have moved here from my original thread. mods seem to be spring cleaning again.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:44:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#435 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:10:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post

No idea, the responses have moved here from my original thread. mods seem to be spring cleaning again.

Thank you for the answer. I want to apologize. I am frustrated because i have given up all hope, that they will fix the hang type activation issue. I really hope they will fix the problem you are having on Xbox as soon as possible.
#436 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 8:13:47 AM(UTC)
Thank you !

Since April FH4 started crashing after a few seconds ingame or even while in the menu's.

Followed all the official steps, reinstall, etc, ... but without luck.

Disabled Nahimic Service and I was able to play again for a few hours without crashing.

It should be great if the tech support answers to all the gamers with a ticket open instead of closing them without an automatic reply.
 1 user liked this post.
#437 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 11:56:46 AM(UTC)
Many (but not all) of us can't even make it past the splash screen.

Two things:

A.
Quote:
What's new on Nahimic 1.4.9

1. Compatibility with:
- Forza Horizon 4

Maybe you want to update to the latest version instead?

B.
Quote:
The following list of software applications can cause Forza Horizon 4 to either fail to launch or crash while playing. Please make sure you either disable or uninstall to ensure successful gameplay.
Nahimic Audio

2 months ago Updated - While this may have not been there in April, it has been there at least since 2 months.
https://support.forzamot...ing-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

If disabling/updating Nahimic works for you - great!. Honestly, i am happy for you.

Unfortunately, this is not an universally working solution.

As far as i know they are answering every support ticket before they close it, even it is just a "this is a know issue".
But why an automatic reply? They still would have to include every possible workaround, because Nahimic is not the sole cause of every crash.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:25:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Because my English is sh**

#438 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 1:16:49 PM(UTC)
I have had the infamous activation launch error since 27 July when I bought the Ulimate Addons addition. Since then I haven't been able to run the game which is very disappointing because it is such an excellent game. :(

I've gad to revert back to Forza Horizon 3 whuch runs fine!

I raised a ticket on Sunday.

I've had periods of not being abke to run Forza Horizon 4 and then suddenly it starts working again!

I've re-installed the game quite a few times but still no luck.
I'm regretting buying the Ultimate Addons edition now :(

I missing playing Forza Horizon 4 its such a fantastic game!

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 2:43:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#439 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:03:23 PM(UTC)
Adding to the thread as I have this issue and FM Support closed my ticket without offering a resolution. Unacceptable for an $80 game.

From my Event Viewer:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1a9c
Start Time: 01d66d05b139222b
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.429.729.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: df068113-2c72-4baf-a76d-01a232e149c0
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.429.729.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation
#440 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:03:47 PM(UTC)
Forum broken, this was a repeat post

Edited by user Friday, August 7, 2020 2:08:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#441 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:04:01 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Friday, August 7, 2020 2:08:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#442 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:07:26 PM(UTC)
#443 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 9:10:26 AM(UTC)
Hey all you cool cats and kittens. I'm experiencing a grey screen crash during the very first loading screen (after pressing "Continue" to actually get into the game). I've never been able to actually play the game on PC. I've already tried disabling audio drivers, antivirus, and anything with an overlay, as well as closing the desktop once the game has launched. Every time it crashes, it's on the same image of the yellow saleen. If I reset my game settings, and it goes through the "optimizing for you pc" dealio it crashes on the FD 240 picture. My gpu drivers and windows version are up to date.

I'm pretty sure I at least meet the minimum hardware requirements.
CPU: AMD fx-6300
16GB Ram
GPU: R9 270 (2GB vram)

Any help or feedback is appreciated.
 1 user liked this post.
#444 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 9:06:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Longbridge Go to Quoted Post
Adding to the thread as I have this issue and FM Support closed my ticket without offering a resolution. Unacceptable for an $80 game.

Yes, they have been using the "It's a known issue, now go away and don't bother us" tactic to deal with this for several months now.

1 user liked this post.
#445 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:16:21 AM(UTC)
me same problem pc , 2 week ago went now not :/

"A(z) ForzaHorizon4.exe program (verzió: 0.0.0.0) kommunikációja a Windows rendszerrel megszakadt, ezért a program be lett zárva. A hibával kapcsolatos esetleges további információkért ellenőrizze a probléma előzményeit a Biztonság és karbantartás vezérlőpulton.
Folyamatazonosító: 3280
Kezdés: 01d66e3aa3f93958
Befejezés: 4294967295
Alkalmazás elérési útja: F:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.429.729.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Jelentés azonosítója: fa16aaa2-dde4-4c9c-a64d-60ac1fc7234e
A hibát okozó csomag teljes neve: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.429.729.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
A hibát okozó csomag relatív alkalmazásazonosítója: SunriseReleaseFinal
Lefagyás típusa: Activation "
 1 user liked this post.
#446 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 6:40:15 AM(UTC)
Same problem here. Paid 90 dollars for a game that won't run lmao.
 1 user liked this post.
#447 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 8:47:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlumCrazy010 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Longbridge Go to Quoted Post

Yes, they have been using the "It's a known issue, now go away and don't bother us" tactic to deal with this for several months now.

Well, here's my update (I wanted to give some time before coming back here; don't want to "flood" the forum).

First, I replied to the ticket and re-opened it. You don't list a ticket as resolved without resolving the user's issue. That's patently unacceptable and if that's community manager operational standard it must be changed. Tickets must be left open until resolved -for the user-.

Secondly, and most important I think, I reached out repeatedly to Microsoft Windows Store and Windows Support. I've done about 8 hours of QuickAssist/LogMeIn tele"medicine" between 4 different agents; all of them seemingly understanding of my issue but forced to do basic troubleshooting. We have done more than should be necessary on a fresh installation of an operating system with no obvious deficiencies. I've been told my technical issue is being forwarded to both the "Offline Team" of engineers for Windows and to a group called the Xbox Rangers, another set of engineers on the Xbox Games side. I have been set an expectation of a response in this coming few days.

On my own I've tried different combinations of video card (AMD and Nvidia), processor (Intel only, sorry) and memory - no change. I've tried using default windows space drivers, no change. I've made sure my BIOS and firmwares are all updated; no change. I've tried to download the standard edition, the Xbox Games Pass edition, and the Ultimate edition that I own. None work. The demo does work. Other Windows Store app games work. Other marketplace games (steam, GOG, et al) work.

Can anyone get me a full copy of the EULA for this product? I would be curious to know our collective and or individual rights for recourse under the agreement. I am unable to access the EULA as my application does not launch.

1 user liked this post.
#448 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 9:39:47 AM(UTC)
I tried to have a conversation on the official Forza discord but my discord username contains the text "wtf" and I was banned because they do not offer the ability to add a nickname and only give you 10 minutes to discover that before autobanning you. I spoke to their community manager "Morgan" briefly, they were sympathetic but unable to do anything about the technical concern, or the Discord concern.

Frankly the little genuine customer service, technical support and official means to communicate about this problem seem to be being curtailed, honestly. This forum is broken and each reply sends you to an error page; it takes minutes to load. Tickets being closed before user issue resolution with no sense of reply beyond boilerplate. Setting expectations of responses with none to come. A variety of users around the world on different hardware, different configurations, all with the same rough issue: Hang Type "Activation".

If you see this and also have this issue and feel some kind of way, send me a message on xbox live or something. Would love to come together to see if we can't resolve the issue by sharing perspectives off of this space.

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 9:40:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#449 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:07:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jmet Go to Quoted Post
The "Hang type: Activation" issue on PC is a prime example of what we were warned about with aggressive copy-protection affecting paying customers. I downloaded and can play the FH4 Demo on the same PC, installed on the same drive without issue.

This is comically bad and should be a fairly easy fix, yet here we are almost a year later...

I can't stress enough how much this applies to me - the demo works, I can find "pirated" copies that work in single player mode, but the official game I paid for and did the right thing by acquiring a license for, does not work, and technical support wants me to believe it's something I've done.
 1 user liked this post.
#450 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:20:40 AM(UTC)
So I was able to launch my copy of the game by opening the Xbox App and launching the game from there - I am unable to launch it from the start menu or from the Windows Store menus.

If you have "Hang type: Activation" as your issue, try installing the Xbox App if you don't have it and launch the game from there.

EDIT: This seems to work intermittently? Like every 3rd or 4th launch from the Xbox App will get it to load properly. Really, really bizarre stuff here.

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:36:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

22 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error