23 Pages<<1314151617>>PrevNext
#351 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:28:33 PM(UTC)
ff

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:47:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#352 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:30:13 PM(UTC)
For first time i solved activation error by reinstalling windows, after new game update error appeared again. Why this error still existing in 2020 ? Microsoft Store services are worst in the world.
P.S. sorry for many messages, forum bug.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:46:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#353 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 12:44:38 AM(UTC)
I've been playing FH4 from release day and had a lot of pain with the ultimate version (MS Store issues). But it did work. All splash screen crash issues were gone for me by simple disabling any monitoring software on the background or just re-launching game a few times. And now, guess what, I've decided to move the game to new SSD drive (it was on normal slow hdd before). I wasn't able to move the game through MOVE (OS function), found a reply on MS forum "you better don't use this move function for big apps and just re-install", so I delete the game, install in on SSD, run it once - successfully downloaded cloud save and do optimization client thing, play for a while and now I'm officially on board here with Activation error. SPENT like a few evenings trying all the suggested solutions on the NET except re-installing Windows. NOTHING changes. Now it always crashes. :(
#354 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 8:15:29 AM(UTC)
Before today, I would have to launch the game twice to get it to actually launch. First one would always crash.

Now, launching twice doesn't even work. It never goes past the splash screen no matter what I do. This is an issue with the game itself, and needs to be fixed from there. The issue isn't "well don't run these incompatable things" it is YOUR software that's incompatable and needs to be fixed. Fix it.
#355 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:51:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoogieForU Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: v1brate1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kowareta94 Go to Quoted Post
I've been getting the activation error for months now. I think the last time I was able to launch my game was in late february. Would really love it if an update to the game could fix this issue. Seems to me like it's the DRM acting up and refusing to activate the game for me.
I've checked my Toredo settings and that all looks like it should. I've also tried all the tricks mentioned in the support article, and I'm starting to suspect that the only way to solve this is to re-install windows 10. I really don't want to do this though, cause I don't want to lose all the software I have installed on my system and having to install it all over again.

Reinstalling Windows fixes it.

Just do it.

Then keep all your games on a separate HDD, so if you need to do it again you're only installing the base apps (Steam etc) and not the games.

Worth using the various launchers to move the games to the second HDD first, and make sure you back up all your game saves. There's an app for that, game save manager or something.

edit: https://www.gamesave-manager.com/

No. It does not fix the issue. I've reinstalled windows 3 times and same issue.

Just to confirm - did you do a full, clean install or an 'install in place'?

If you do a complete fresh install, then just update your CPU drivers, update the BIOS and install the NVIDIA drivers (or AMD), then install Forza Horizon 4, it should definitely work.

I have installed a ton of apps and drivers since then and it still launches and runs perfectly.

I know it's **** , but it really should fix it - install in place (keeping documents and files etc) did NOT fix it for me.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:53:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#356 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:52:11 PM(UTC)
[duplicate post]

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:53:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#357 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:19:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kowareta94 Go to Quoted Post
I've been getting the activation error for months now. I think the last time I was able to launch my game was in late february. Would really love it if an update to the game could fix this issue. Seems to me like it's the DRM acting up and refusing to activate the game for me.
I've checked my Toredo settings and that all looks like it should. I've also tried all the tricks mentioned in the support article, and I'm starting to suspect that the only way to solve this is to re-install windows 10. I really don't want to do this though, cause I don't want to lose all the software I have installed on my system and having to install it all over again.

Reinstalling Windows fixes it.

Just do it.

Then keep all your games on a separate HDD, so if you need to do it again you're only installing the base apps (Steam etc) and not the games.

Worth using the various launchers to move the games to the second HDD first, and make sure you back up all your game saves. There's an app for that, game save manager or something.

edit: https://www.gamesave-manager.com/

No. It does not fix the issue. I've reinstalled windows 3 times and same issue.

Just to confirm - did you do a full, clean install or an 'install in place'?

If you do a complete fresh install, then just update your CPU drivers, update the BIOS and install the NVIDIA drivers (or AMD), then install Forza Horizon 4, it should definitely work.

I have installed a ton of apps and drivers since then and it still launches and runs perfectly.

I know it's **** , but it really should fix it - install in place (keeping documents and files etc) did NOT fix it for me.

No way I'm going to reinstall windows for 4th time. Yes, I did a fresh install, formated C driver 3 times. Bios there is no need to update it, since it is the latest version already.
#358 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:45:18 AM(UTC)
Программа ForzaHorizon4.exe версии 0.0.0.0 прекратила взаимодействие с Windows и была закрыта. Чтобы узнать, имеются ли дополнительные сведения о проблеме, просмотрите журнал проблем в разделе "Безопасность и обслуживание" в панели управления.
Идентификатор процесса: 7c4
Время запуска: 01d64fb0c2c26ca6
Время завершения: 4294967295
Путь к приложению: E:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.424.99.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Идентификатор отчета: f98b2b3b-1b51-4d15-8db2-d039baa46db9
Полное имя пакета сбоя: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.424.99.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом: SunriseReleaseFinal
Тип зависания: Activation

On April 26, I updated my standard version of the game to the ultimate and the game stopped working at all.

What was I trying to do?

I reinstalling the game 5 times.
I reset the store settings and the game settings.
I deleted the store.
I manually started the xbox services.
I was updating nvidia drivers.
I reinstalled the game on different disks.
I changed the teredo servers.
I have removed all services and programs from autorun.
I changed my account to a local one.
I was creating a second account.
now i hate the "Playground Games".
I deleted the game.

I will not reinstall the entire system for the sake of a single game, there is no guarantee that it will start.
And in conclusion, with all this, forza horizon 3 works PERFECTLY.

70 dollars for nothing.
PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME, the cry of the soul.
#359 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:58:14 AM(UTC)
After the latest update, the issue has been fixed. No more hang type activation.
#360 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:20:27 AM(UTC)
After the latest update, the issue has been fixed. No more hang type activation.

Then you are lucky.

I can absolutely NOT confirm that this has been fixed with the latest update. Even the update notes for the latest update do NOT mention a fix or the issue at all.
"Crash Hang Type: Activation" is still listed as a known issue elsewhere.

Actually, i go even so far as to say, for me it has never been worse. According to event viewer it tried to get the game to run 524x within the last 24 hours. It did not start. Not once. I haven't changed anything about my PC and i was able to play the game on Monday, before i installed the update on Wednesday..

Edited by user Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:30:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#361 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:18:39 AM(UTC)
Same thing, everything is up to date but the game does not start.

Soon 2 years since the game was released and we still have problems ...
#362 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:18:49 AM(UTC)
Same thing, everything is up to date but the game does not start.

Soon 2 years since the game was released and we still have problems ...
#363 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:57:04 AM(UTC)
I have nothing to add except my frustration. I've had the game since launch and now I'm having the 'hang type activation' problem.

It's been a few months for me and I've tried most of the above.

Weirdly it launched yesterday after many attempts of changing various things..

The final thing was logging out of all microsoft//store/xbox apps.

On launch I was asked to sign in, which I did and then it spent a few minutes syncing my data. I got in and played for a couple of minutes, quit and relaunched without problems.

Today back to hang type activation.

I can't be bothered to find a work around, but I am now annoyed enough to start logging tickets too...
#364 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 12:23:06 PM(UTC)
I haven't played this game almost for two months, It was working flawlessly before. Then few days ago I tried it and it is not working. I have checked the forums and other websites (ex: Reddit) and I have seen plenty of games with the same exact problem (Hang type: Activation) so it is highly unlikely the problem is by my side, it is very clear the problem is something related to the game itself or the latest Windows update.

I have been playing video games since the Atari old times, tried and owned plenty of consoles and to be all honest I haven't seen a problematic game like FH 4 (with only other 2 games as exceptions) and on top of all the support is very awful, they left the users to try to figure out a solution for a problem caused by them and they did not bother to mention anything related to how to solve this problem and if it is even under investigation. I haven't seen anything like this before, and we are talking about (an exclusive) game for Xbox/Windows 10 owners. I see guys who are having this problem for months! this is just crazy.

On top of all Windows Store is bugged and missing a lot of important options that we can find when we use Steam, such as (verifying game files) and it will only download the corrupted/missing file, not the whole 88GB game if a file missing is corrupted and every time we install the OS, this is ridicules. I won't ever buy any game anymore related to Windows Store and I'm sharing my experience with those who would fall into this trap among my friends. it is their (Microsoft) second " Nokia ", another failure no more .

I tried everything, installed the game once more, made a new Windows Account, uninstalled a lot of apps to make sure nothing was affecting the game, did everything possible and also I followed the recommendations of those who are facing the very exact same problem, nothing worked for me.

I contacted the support, and as expected the copy/paste reply:

"

Hello,
i do apologize, im sure you know you will need to be patient,

This is a known issue in Forza Horizon 4 and our devs are currently investigating and working on a fix.

I am marking this ticket as "Solved" and we will post an update to the support pages and forums once this matter is resolved.

Thank you for letting us know!

"

when you google (Hang type: Activation), only FH 4 appears on the search. Way to go lol.

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 12:27:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Edit: adding what I did to fix the problem

#365 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
Windows just force updated my computer to 1909 and Horizon 4 wouldn't start. First time I've had the issue ever. I heard how awful 1909 was which was why I didn't want it. Ticks me off that Microsoft forces problems and faulty software on the user against their will when the system is running perfect. If I start Forza 7 then run Horizon 4 after it works. What is wrong with Microsoft???????
#366 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 4:05:34 PM(UTC)
wrong post

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 4:13:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: wrong post

1 user liked this post.
#367 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 5:22:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
If I start Forza 7 then run Horizon 4 after it works.

I have tried this many times, even with other games like Gears 5, and i does not seem to change anything. Maybe it might help other people, but it doesn't work for me.

Originally Posted by: Ko3MoS Go to Quoted Post
im sure you know you will need to be patient,

Is this how they talk to a customer? You, the customer, needs to be patient, even after all this time?

And the issue now exists for how long? I can't even remember when i first experienced the issue, but it must have been September or October last year. Sure, back then it would only take 3-5 attemps to get the game to run, but i has gotten worse over time and i am now at the point were the game has fully stopped working.

They even fixed the issue with a Hotfix released on February 19th. Sure, they had to undo the changes with Hotfix 2, just to two days later, because Hotfix1 caused many other problems. But i wonder: what worked in Hotfix 1, wasn't that helpful in solving the issue?

And yes, i understand, Corona is a problem. And yes, the Health of people is more important than a video game. But they had between September/October of last year and January/February of this year to fix the issue, and they have failed.

I am already regretting to even post this comment. I don't want a discussion, i don't want to offend anyone, i don't want to look like a bad person. I would like the game to work. And yes, my english is terrible.

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 5:25:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#368 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 6:38:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Windows just force updated my computer to 1909 and Horizon 4 wouldn't start. First time I've had the issue ever. I heard how awful 1909 was which was why I didn't want it. Ticks me off that Microsoft forces problems and faulty software on the user against their will when the system is running perfect. If I start Forza 7 then run Horizon 4 after it works. What is wrong with Microsoft???????

1909? try 2004 that is the latest. May as well try at this point. They force it because that version of Windows is no longer as secure as it could be.

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 6:39:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#369 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 5:59:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Murawel Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FwyFlyer Go to Quoted Post
This was the solution for me. Hope it works for others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAregRet7p8

Disabling "Nahimic service" works.

Win+R -> msconfig -> Services tab -> find and uncheck "Nahimic service" -> Apply/OK

Looks like I have to thanks ASUS for such a nice product which caused the FH4 starting issue.

I can confirm this also worked for me. Game suddenly began closing on loading screen back in February. Nothing about my system or software versions had changed from when it worked to when it started crashing. Just unchecked Nahimic service now, restarted PC, and launched the game...now it works! System specs:

Windows 10 (1909)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 (latest drivers as of 6 July 2020)
Intel Core i5-9600k
16GB 2666 RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro)
Asus ROG Strix B360-I motherboard (current BIOS)

Edited by user Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:58:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#370 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:39:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post

Then you are lucky.

I can absolutely NOT confirm that this has been fixed with the latest update. Even the update notes for the latest update do NOT mention a fix or the issue at all.
"Crash Hang Type: Activation" is still listed as a known issue elsewhere.

Actually, i go even so far as to say, for me it has never been worse. According to event viewer it tried to get the game to run 524x within the last 24 hours. It did not start. Not once. I haven't changed anything about my PC and i was able to play the game on Monday, before i installed the update on Wednesday..

Well guess what..the issue returned after a new update applied today..the game no longer starts..Just don't understand. It worked fine since then..
#371 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 2:45:25 PM(UTC)
I bought the game a month ago and it ran fine for one single day, and then I started having this same issue as all these guys. I have to say that in all my years as a gamer I've not experienced an ongoing issue with any game for so long. Considering this game costs quite a bit more than most other games I would have expected better.
#372 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:12:02 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

The Solution for (HangType: Activation) Problem

TL;DR: The solution is to use Windows 10 version 1903. Unfortunately this is the only solution until a hot fix will be developed to fix this problem which mainly happens with Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition.

[img]http://imgur.com/UkiLck5[/img]

I had the same problem when I used Windows 10 Version 2004. I installed Windows 10 (1903) and I confirm the problem doesn't happen with this older version and the game is working normally.

[img]http://imgur.com/1ryoPl5[/img]

It is a difficult solution considering you will have to reinstall all of your windows applications and on top of all downloaded the whole 88GB game (if you have a slow internet) but this is the only solution for now. It is awful that Windows 10 the newest version is causing this problem which I believe it wouldn't have happened if Windows OS dev. team had a good coordination with Turn10 Studio.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:36:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#373 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:02:26 AM(UTC)
It is different for everyone. There is no one fix. Don't expect this to work for everyone. Plenty had trouble with that version of windows as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:03:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#374 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 11:32:41 AM(UTC)
I am certainly not going back to an older version of Windows. I am currently on 1909 - and the game worked with this version before, although it often required way too many attempts to get the game to run. Problem right now is, it does not work anymore, no matter how often i try to start the game.

I even tried to update to Windows10 version 2004, but even with the windows upgrade assistant it won't let me update at this point (my setting are currently not supported or something like this). I am not doing a clean install, because it is not even guaranteed the game will work.

But that doesn't even matter. The crash hang type activation issue should not exist at all. According to the MS Store the game requires Windows10 Version 15063.0 or higher. It should work on version 15063.0 or higher. And we are not talking here about a 10 year old game where a windows version could be too new. I have no problems with FH3, FM7, Apex, Gears 4/5, Streets of Rage.
#375 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 6:01:58 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone!

I don't know if this thread is still active, but I had the same issue and I recently found a fix that works for me.

In my case, I found a fix and it was very simple. Go to Sound Settings > [Select your main speaker] > Right Click Properties. And then change the Spatial Sound from "off" to "Windows Sonic for Headphones", and it finally works!

I hope this fix works for you guys, cheers!
23 Pages<<1314151617>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error