22 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext
#326 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 7:46:40 AM(UTC)
None of this seems to works for sure and I've tested tons of those tips. Only with some voodoo and luck I am able to launch the game one time out of ten... That's really painful, I hope it will be adressed soon.
#327 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 8:32:59 AM(UTC)

Hi,

For people having issues with CTD and grey screen after loading,

This is for people with AMD graphics cards. If you have installed the latest driver 20.5.1 and not the windows 10 may 2004 update, revert back to 20.4.2 WHQL. Use DDU to clean the driver in safe mode.
 1 user liked this post.
#328 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 8:08:45 AM(UTC)
My desktop finally came to a grinding halt with FH4 Hang type: Activation and plenty of other issues.
I did try resetting FH4, and reinstalling it, but no luck. Then after two days going trough all sorts of stuff, I decided that maybe Windows itself could do with reinstall. Windows were around 5 year old install being upgraded twice from 8.0 to 8.1 and now to 10, with also recent 2004 update, which made things even worse (not that were great before it, as some things just wouldn't install).
So backup all sorts of stuff, also time to do a bit of case cleaning with compressed air, disconnect other drives and do a nice clean install on SSD.
Two days and 250GB of DL later, again everything works fine.

Its a pain, as you have to redownload everything from the store and other stuff, but in the end I'm glad I did it, things run smoothly and as they should now.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#329 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 3:16:16 AM(UTC)
Hi All,

i had also the problem with FH4 not starting or immediate closing after going to drive (sometimes faster sometimes shorter) and I got this Error-Message in the Event-Log:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ForzaHorizon4.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5eb46ab2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000002268b5650
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2d4c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d63dae81995429
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 81c41ee2-210e-47d5-b313-abd632ed13c8
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: SunriseReleaseFinal

I tried a lot of so called solutions, but all was garbage for me. So I had to dig deeper and I found at least the problem for me:

I had to DISABLE the NAHIMIC SERVICE !!!! So go to the services in Win10 and disable this service (Stop it or maybe make it not automatic anymore)

So give it a shot and try out -> If it functions you MUST give me your word -> That you help at least another player with this problem on the net, so we all can soon play this awesome game ;-)

Cheers and happy driving

polYtoXXic
#330 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 8:26:05 AM(UTC)
Considering there's still cars with missing name and that they cancelled the monthly update, I believe that's not anytime soon they gonna solve this issue...
#331 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 2:47:01 AM(UTC)
I still have this issue:

I've tried everything.. I do not have any nahimic service, I have Gigabyte motherboard. Disabled services...Not even Forza Horizon 3 works.

Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition bought yesterday, Demo worked fine:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 27ec
Start Time: 01d6416faab3424a
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: F:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 8c42b49b-6fc9-456e-848e-ccacb0895e71
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition worked fine, before the last update 2004 version:

Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b171431
Faulting module name: TargetHardwareProfiler.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57a882c5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001c826
Faulting process id: 0x24f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6403f74e3a09b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_x64_release_final.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\TargetHardwareProfiler.dll
Report Id: 8aff4c22-e1eb-4b93-94db-7b850b85522a
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: OpusReleaseFinal
#332 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 1:28:14 AM(UTC)
I have tried all the fixes in this article below:

https://support.forzamot...ing-or-is-Crashing-on-PC

and still not fixing this happened after i bought the ultimate bundle add on and installed it after that game not opening

Any Fixes?
#333 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:09:15 AM(UTC)
Just wow...no update, nothing...
#334 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 2:45:12 PM(UTC)
Title. As in, the game simply doesn't get past that first splash screen and ends itself in the task manager. Tried to go on the Forza subreddit for help, came up blank. Tried just about everything from this: (https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC) - still didn't work. At this point, the game has drawn me to the frayed ends of sanity. Is there any way I could get a refund or something? It just takes up disk space and gives nothing for it. I am really quite annoyed with this, as until FH4 flat out started to fail upon launching, I was having a blast...
#335 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 4:12:00 PM(UTC)
Having the exact same issue and errors.

Forza 4H has been crashing like crazy! It used to work perfectly fine. Haven't played for a couple of months, now I get this..
The game loads to the main menu.
It lets me chose a car.
I can navigate around the menu as much as I want.
But as soon as i get into a car to drive, it just freezes and crashes to the desktop!
Already have a post on Forza support page and the Nvidia site.
I've ran/checked the event viewer, uninstalled the game, removed / changed my gpu drivers, clean install of both, changed controller, unplugged monitors, rolled back gpu drivers, switch MS accounts, STILL crashing in the exact same place! Oh, and one of the suggestion was to "format my system".... lol!!
 1 user liked this post.
#336 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:14:45 AM(UTC)
I've been getting the activation error for months now. I think the last time I was able to launch my game was in late february. Would really love it if an update to the game could fix this issue. Seems to me like it's the DRM acting up and refusing to activate the game for me.
I've checked my Toredo settings and that all looks like it should. I've also tried all the tricks mentioned in the support article, and I'm starting to suspect that the only way to solve this is to re-install windows 10. I really don't want to do this though, cause I don't want to lose all the software I have installed on my system and having to install it all over again.
#337 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:43:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kowareta94 Go to Quoted Post
I've been getting the activation error for months now. I think the last time I was able to launch my game was in late february. Would really love it if an update to the game could fix this issue. Seems to me like it's the DRM acting up and refusing to activate the game for me.
I've checked my Toredo settings and that all looks like it should. I've also tried all the tricks mentioned in the support article, and I'm starting to suspect that the only way to solve this is to re-install windows 10. I really don't want to do this though, cause I don't want to lose all the software I have installed on my system and having to install it all over again.

I have the same issue, Hang Type: Activation issue...they released a patch and issue still not fixed..it just baffles me this issue is for months with no resolution. I've played the demo last week, it worked and decided to buy the ultimate edition...and it doesn't work...
#338 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 2:25:36 AM(UTC)

Reinstalling Windows fixes it.

Just do it.

Then keep all your games on a separate HDD, so if you need to do it again you're only installing the base apps (Steam etc) and not the games.

Worth using the various launchers to move the games to the second HDD first, and make sure you back up all your game saves. There's an app for that, game save manager or something.

edit: https://www.gamesave-manager.com/

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 2:26:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#339 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 5:37:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: v1brate1 Go to Quoted Post

Just do it.

Then keep all your games on a separate HDD, so if you need to do it again you're only installing the base apps (Steam etc) and not the games.

Worth using the various launchers to move the games to the second HDD first, and make sure you back up all your game saves. There's an app for that, game save manager or something.

Unfortunately, this does not fix the activation error.

I have tried it, plenty of other people have tried it. It doesn't do anything.

Edit: I just checked and isnt that just great? They are deleting my tickets.

So microsoft pretends there is no issue and locks down new support threads about it. They also refuse refunds.
Turn10 pretends to be deaf and blind, doesnt give a **** about us and now even went ahead to straight up delete tickets regarding this, not even just close them, but delete them.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 5:50:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#340 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:07:59 AM(UTC)
This worked for me after trying everything else!

Originally Posted by: polYtoXXic Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

i had also the problem with FH4 not starting or immediate closing after going to drive (sometimes faster sometimes shorter) and I got this Error-Message in the Event-Log:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ForzaHorizon4.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5eb46ab2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000002268b5650
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2d4c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d63dae81995429
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 81c41ee2-210e-47d5-b313-abd632ed13c8
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: SunriseReleaseFinal

I tried a lot of so called solutions, but all was garbage for me. So I had to dig deeper and I found at least the problem for me:

I had to DISABLE the NAHIMIC SERVICE !!!! So go to the services in Win10 and disable this service (Stop it or maybe make it not automatic anymore)

So give it a shot and try out -> If it functions you MUST give me your word -> That you help at least another player with this problem on the net, so we all can soon play this awesome game ;-)

Cheers and happy driving

polYtoXXic

#341 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:37:09 AM(UTC)
So I've been playing Forza Horizon 4 since it came out on 6 different PC configs until now. Never did I have a crashing issue (unlike with Motorsport 7, which was a nightmare).

Now I put together a PC that's not a complete powerhouse, but should be enough.
Problem is: whenever I try to load the game, it crashes on the loading screen.

If I try to load the graphics benchmark, it crashes before loading that, too.

No error message, no nothing. The circular loading symbol stops for a few seconds, then I get a sudden grey screen, and back to the desktop I am.

Windows 10 is on build 1909. Currently trying to update to 2004 (which just came out).
Visual C++ redist 2013 (both x86 and x64) as well as 2015-2019 is installed. Tried reinstalling them to no avail.

System specs that matter:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600
RAM: 2x8GB DDR3
GPU: XFX R9-280X 3GB GDDR5

GPU has the latest driver (20.5.1). Couldn't find any issue with this driver related to Horizon 4 on any forum.
This Win10 is actually a fresh install. I don't think a reinstall would help, it's a 'virgin' OS, doesn't have anything other than the needed frameworks for gaming, Visual Studio Community for my coding work, and Grand Theft Auto V. And of course, Horizon 4.

Has anyone found a fix for this grey screen crash on loading screen?
I've tried re-installing the game completely, clearing out the app cache, even reinstalling the MS Store and checking the WindowsApps folder security settings. I don't have any antivirus other than MS Defender. I have even tried disabling explorer.exe while Horizon 4 is running, as someone stated that could help. Didn't.

1 user liked this post.
#342 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:54:23 PM(UTC)

Just do it.

No. It does not fix the issue. I've reinstalled windows 3 times and same issue.
#343 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 4:03:38 PM(UTC)
Well, it looks like the may have finally done it. I have had difficulty with aborting on startup for months now, but have been able to work around it. But after update 23, I have not been able to load into the game at all after a couple dozen attempts, trying various tricks that seemed like they might have helped in the past. I filed a bug on the issue in March, and their response was that it was a known issue and implied that there was a fix in the works:

W0LFayame (Forza Support)

Mar 12, 9:03 PM PDT

Hello,
Thank you for submitting a ticket regarding this issue, our team is aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix, please be patient as we will release patch notes on our support page when a fix is implemented, for now you can check out our discord if you have any questions https://discord.gg/G5NZaVC

W0LFayame

Obviously, they lied.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 4:04:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#344 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:44:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoogieForU Go to Quoted Post

Just do it.

Oh, well sorry to hear that. It fixed it for me. There was an update yesterday, did that not help?

#345 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 12:47:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoogieForU Go to Quoted Post

Just do it.

Oh, well sorry to hear that. It fixed it for me. There was an update yesterday, did that not help?

Nope...it did not fix the issue..
 1 user liked this post.
#346 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 6:59:02 AM(UTC)
Hey guys, guess what?

After Forza Support deleted my ticket, i created a new one. This one is gone now, too.

I have directly contacted microsoft regarding this now and after 2h they gave up, confirmed with me that there is no issue on their end or with the license of the game on my account and recommended me to continue bothering the Forza Support directly.

I have the proof that my tickets exist via mail and even have their initial replies to them. I have the ticket IDs and i will continue gathering them if they keep deleting new tickets.
And no, these Tickets have not been merged into old ones and i don't have any other open ticket with them.
#347 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 4:24:06 AM(UTC)
Ofc they delete it, cos its known issue stated in ''known issue'' page.

Tho they will never fix it, cos they dont know how and they hope u will move to new forza soon.
 3 users liked this post.
#348 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 6:49:58 AM(UTC)
They should just release these games on Steam and ditch the horrible Microsoft Store. It is weird that FM7 still runs for me but FH4 crashes at startup. This Windows "update" forced a Horizon 4 reinstall on me for a really stupid reason (Windows keeps two copies of games if you want to roll back the update lol, what a bunch of nonsese). Even after 4 re-installs I can't start the game anymore.
 1 user liked this post.
#349 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:35:11 AM(UTC)
So, this is showing in Event Viewer, on Information Event:

Fault bucket 1407804326989804989, type 5
Event Name: MoAppHang
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.423.6.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:SunriseReleaseFinal
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 00000000
P5: 7d05
P6: 4194304
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC384.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC3A4.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC3A5.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC3C6.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Microsoft.Sunris_b4837f6f65ee9b3dddb84fe6702a1fad482a5726_79af5885_e34ca10a-e026-4034-a90f-d7a2c7e612f5

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 7e4c17e4-1b83-46cb-b49f-7598497bb275
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 88900c494f25111893898693977c35bd

Error Event:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 4008
Start Time: 01d649313e497dd3
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: G:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.423.6.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 7e4c17e4-1b83-46cb-b49f-7598497bb275
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.423.6.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
Hang type: Activation

I do not have the Nahimic service..I have Gigabyte motherboard. Demo works fine, so it is clearly an issue with the activation of Ultimate Edition files or something. Tried to install the game on other drivers/partitions, update every driver, clear installation of Windows, close Afterburner, close Realtek HD Audio process, no antivirus, reset game files, etc..I think I've tried everything to be honest. I have no issues with Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition.

#350 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:28:02 PM(UTC)
ff

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:48:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

22 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error