This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
15 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
#276 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 4:26:24 PM(UTC)
ASUS motherboards usually see it as an issue with Windows Sonic or SS3 from what I gather.
#277 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 4:18:39 AM(UTC)
Hi!

I got the same problem with application hang on startup, because of activation/license since a few month.

I solved the problem with repairing Teredo after every reboot and disabling the offline mode in the Windows Store. It's not the best solution, but atleast it works for me.

This is definitively a Windows Store problem or some **** Windows Update broke something... it's a shame that they're not working on a solution!
#278 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 11:09:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hutunohito Go to Quoted Post
For people who use xbox game pass to play standard ver and meet hang type activation problem after purchasing Ultimate add-on bundle

1,refund it
2,run MSReset

I had same problem but my FH4 works fine again after doing these things.I still can't enjoy DLCs but it's obviously better than I can't play entire game.
idk whether it also works for no Xbox Game Pass users tho.

You mean WSReset?
#279 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 10:03:25 PM(UTC)
Do u have problem even when u bought it directly on MS Store ?

I managed it to launch somehow 1 time, next 100 tries nothing just splashscreen.

Demo works fine. So i think its licensing issue, for me and ppl with hang Activation
#280 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 10:07:04 PM(UTC)
https://www.drivereasy.c...on-4-crash-on-pc-solved/

Fix 9 of this Performing a clean boot helped me. If not here are ten possible fixes.
#281 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 11:03:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RenMC7 Go to Quoted Post
(Fix) PC Forza Horizon 4 May 2020 Crash

Out of nowhere Forza Horizon 4 started crashing on my system (after two years of being okay. I looked at all of the old internet blogs for fixes and found that the only thing that worked was disabling the Nahimic Service...

Why auto update is disastrous...
#282 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 11:59:57 PM(UTC)
For those of you (like me) that didn't previously own it, Forza Horizon 3 in on sale on the crappy Windows Store at the moment (AUD $20).

It's keeping me entertained while waiting for a fix for Forza Horizon 4.
#283 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 1:20:30 PM(UTC)
Sitting here having the activation error
I finally saved up enough and bought the ultimate edition for myself after it went on sale a few days ago i was so fascinated by how good this game was by watching videos of it
And i can say, for the day and a half that i actually got to play the game it really is an amazing one
But having these absolutely stupid issues not being able to even START the game for almost an year now from what i've seen it's just unacceptable
I don't want to refund because i really believe the content of this game deserves the money but if i can't enjoy the content what's the point? Seeing just that "the issue is known"
[Mod Edit - profanity and self-obscured profanity are prohibited - MM]
At least if you can't fix the issue give us more information so we can know where we're standing
I literally have tried everything i possibly can to fix it and still nothing.
At this point i'm going though my fifth re-installation of the game and at this point Far Cry 3 comes to mind "Do you know the definition of insanity?"
I know i'm a bit dramatic, after all it's just a game. But a game that i payed good money for and a game that i wanna play.

Edited by user Saturday, May 16, 2020 4:41:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#284 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2020 3:47:24 PM(UTC)
Same problem here. Played it with Game Pass for more than 6 month and I had the stupid idea to buy the Ultimate Pack. It no longer works (hang Activation).
#285 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 3:59:00 AM(UTC)
I've tried everything. Last I uninstalled the game, removed all traces of Forza in the registers, then reinstalled it, still didn't work. The only things I've not tried are "reinstalling Windows" and "change your graphic board"... This is beyond non-sense, once you buy it, it no longer works. Seeing so much people in that case for much longer than me turns me mad in believing that it's not gonna be solved anytime soon, if ever.
#286 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:10:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AlfredM4568 Go to Quoted Post
I've tried everything. Last I uninstalled the game, removed all traces of Forza in the registers, then reinstalled it, still didn't work. The only things I've not tried are "reinstalling Windows" and "change your graphic board"... This is beyond non-sense, once you buy it, it no longer works. Seeing so much people in that case for much longer than me turns me mad in believing that it's not gonna be solved anytime soon, if ever.

Might wanna try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5kgYSZVGD0

Obviously no guarantee but worth a shot.
#287 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:45:19 PM(UTC)
Video from 29.8.2018 Hhahahahhaha and 2y later still issue.

U are uncapable to fix the game, i will be uncapable to buy your games, cya. AArrrrgghh
#288 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:15:19 PM(UTC)
Right now im running the game perfectly, and the only change was the memory ram

I was just testing a new ones that i bought for a new build, and i wanted to knew if everything was right with them, so i changed the sticks and the game didn't crash at all, i closed the game and started again, i switched to windows with the game open, opened xbox bar, activate all the windows service and i'm having no problem at all.

The old memory are Corsair vengeance LPX 2400mhz (2x8gb), the new ones are Gskill tridentZ 3200mhz (2x8gb). I really don't know if the old memory has some problem or the game really needs some specification that the Gskill has.

Edited by user Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:17:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#289 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:16:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FwyFlyer Go to Quoted Post
Might wanna try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5kgYSZVGD0

Obviously no guarantee but worth a shot.

Thank you, after reinstalling the game on that specific session it seems to works.
#290 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 2:23:52 AM(UTC)
The link in the OP says
"Forza Horizon 4 will not boot if you are using any of the following virus checkers.
Trend Micro Maximum Security
Comodo Antivirus
Sophos
Emisoft Anti-Malware
Avira
Avast"

Can anyone recommend a free AV that is known to work with FH4? I want to run FH4 on my normal desktop PC, but don't want to go through the considerable hassle of uninstalling the current AV and getting something else, only to find the above list is incomplete and it still doesn't work.
#291 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 2:49:21 AM(UTC)
I'm running it with Kaspersky now (also set as an exception), for a while I was also running it with inbuild Windows Defender.
I would just stay with Defender, if it would have a bit more options.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#292 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 3:05:08 AM(UTC)
FOR ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE AFTER PURCHASING THE ULTIMATE ADD-ON DLC

I play FH4 through GamePass on PC and then bought the DLC through the GamePass store. It stopped working after that. Tried pretty much everything, except reinstall my OS (which is mental for this sort of issue) and nothing worked.

SOLUTION:

1) Refund the Ultimate Add-On DLC (https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/refund-subscriptions)
2) Start > WSRESET > ENTER key

My game now works again. There is some licensing issue for GamePass copy of the game and having these addons.

(I know this has already been posted before but repeating it to confirm this works. Maybe someone pin this or something)

How do we alert the devs of this problem?
#293 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 3:25:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrGuarnere Go to Quoted Post

I play FH4 through GamePass on PC and then bought the DLC through the GamePass store. It stopped working after that. Tried pretty much everything, except reinstall my OS (which is mental for this sort of issue) and nothing worked.

SOLUTION:

1) Refund the Ultimate Add-On DLC (https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/refund-subscriptions)

My game now works again. There is some licensing issue for GamePass copy of the game and having these addons.

(I know this has already been posted before but repeating it to confirm this works. Maybe someone pin this or something)

That issue doesn't affect everyone. I originally bought an Xbox disc copy of the game, and later bought the Ultimate Add Ons bundle.

Later still, I built a gaming PC, got free Game Pass, and started playing FH4 that way. I was able to install the Ultimate Add Ons bundle and use it with Game Pass FH4 without any problems.

I've no idea how many people have your experience of it vs my experience of it.
#294 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:20:46 AM(UTC)
I also bought just FH4 standard edition and played it for a bit, left it sit for few months, then saw sale on Ultimate add on and got that.
Been playin the game as is over a year now.

For all the time my only problem was, that I was using Avira and sometimes FH4 wouldn't start on first try (usually did on 2nd or 3rd).
Few months back FH4 wouldn't start even after many tries, then I actually discovered, it had a grudge against Avira. Switching to Kaspersky fixed my problem.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#295 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:23:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

SOLUTION:

That issue doesn't affect everyone. I originally bought an Xbox disc copy of the game, and later bought the Ultimate Add Ons bundle.

Later still, I built a gaming PC, got free Game Pass, and started playing FH4 that way. I was able to install the Ultimate Add Ons bundle and use it with Game Pass FH4 without any problems.

Isn't the Ultimate Add Ons supposed to include VIP because you aren't showing as VIP for me for whatever reason. I assume this is some server-side thing which knows you've bought it, rather than it being anything to do with whether you currently have it installed locally.
#296 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:43:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Isn't the Ultimate Add Ons supposed to include VIP because you aren't showing as VIP for me for whatever reason. I assume this is some server-side thing which knows you've bought it, rather than it being anything to do with whether you currently have it installed locally.

I have VIP - I get the 2 super wheelspins each week and the extra credits after each race. Do you mean that it's not showing the little icon after my name on leaderboards? That gets replaced when you select one of the star card icons.
#297 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:58:25 AM(UTC)

SOLUTION:

Thanks for clarifying. I was specifically addressing the ones that bought the Add-On and then couldnt get in the game as I was. You're right, there are other reasons for this "Hang type: Activation" error, but for those that took advantage of the 50% deal like I did getting rid of it solved it for me. If they figure out what the problem is and fix it I'll buy it again even if its full price because I'd love to explore all of FH4.
#298 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 5:18:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I have VIP - I get the 2 super wheelspins each week and the extra credits after each race. Do you mean that it's not showing the little icon after my name on leaderboards? That gets replaced when you select one of the star card icons.

Yes I did mean that - I thought it showed both icons, for some reason!
#299 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 5:20:23 AM(UTC)

SOLUTION:

Thanks for clarifying. I was specifically addressing the ones that bought the Add-On and then couldnt get in the game as I was. You're right, there are other reasons for this "Hang type: Activation" error, but for those that took advantage of the 50% deal like I did getting rid of it solved it for me. If they figure out what the problem is and fix it I'll buy it again even if its full price because I'd love to explore all of FH4.

You could still get the other DLCs separately presumably - I'm not aware that anyone who's done that (like me) has had the same problems as some Ultimate owners have had.
#300 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 9:30:04 AM(UTC)
Already no longer working... great, it didn't last a single day...
15 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error