28 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#226 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 9:06:01 AM(UTC)
I have the same problem "Hang Type: Activation" error after splash screen opens and stays for 1 minute, and I have this issue over 6 months. This is so disturbing. I hope they will come with a fix someday.
#227 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 9:44:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChIIckennepper Go to Quoted Post
Start Fix maybe works for you guys

1. Go to windows settings
2. (Spielen) Play
3. (Xbox Netzwerk) Xbox Network
4. wait till its finished searching
5. (Beheben) Repair
6. Wait till its finished
7. Start the game again

If not try again should work on the second try

This worked for me. You are the best
 1 user liked this post.
#228 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:01:44 AM(UTC)
None of the approaches to repair this fault have worked for me.
Have been through Forza sheet and suggestions here.
Its not an obvious Toredo issue as the Xbox settings are showing the tunnel to be up.
Forza need a debug tool, either standalone or built into the application to identify what is causing the probelm.
Recommending turning off antivirus etc in the era of Trojans and Ransomware is at a minimum unprofessional, if not highly irresponsible, for a commercial product
 1 user liked this post.
#229 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:28:55 AM(UTC)
yesterday the fix worked but today not.
so i cant play anymore again.
my other forza titles are still working
#230 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 9:25:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yelwoci Go to Quoted Post
None of the approaches to repair this fault have worked for me.
Have been through Forza sheet and suggestions here.
Its not an obvious Toredo issue as the Xbox settings are showing the tunnel to be up.
Forza need a debug tool, either standalone or built into the application to identify what is causing the probelm.
Recommending turning off antivirus etc in the era of Trojans and Ransomware is at a minimum unprofessional, if not highly irresponsible, for a commercial product

Originally Posted by: wikke1984 Go to Quoted Post

Have you tried to create a new user in Win10 and on this account login to the MS Store and Xbox Companion and then launch the game?
#231 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:00:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChIIckennepper Go to Quoted Post
Start Fix maybe works for you guys

1. Go to windows settings
2. (Spielen) Play
3. (Xbox Netzwerk) Xbox Network
4. wait till its finished searching
5. (Beheben) Repair
6. Wait till its finished
7. Start the game again

If not try again should work on the second try

This worked for me. You are the best

I can pose another fix for you: just do whatever you usually do and hope things will just work.

Sincerely: check this.
 2 users liked this post.
#232 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 12:52:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SislaOpir Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: v1brate1 Go to Quoted Post
This seems to work for me, after uninstalling just about every app that could possibly be intefering with the game and trying every action I could find in all the threads that exist about this issue:

Restart machine.

Open XBOX Live Settings panel.
Click on 'Fix it'.
Click on 'Check again'.
Repeat until working.

Open Windows Security and disable Real Time Protection.

Run game.

If it doesn't work, start again (including the restart).

Let me know how you go, interested to see if this works for anyone else.

How many times did you do this before the game started?

It was generally working first time. However I think Windows pushed out an update and now this no longer works for me. I had a solid week of playing the game, and I really don't think there's anything else I can try - I've done EVERYTHING, been through every forum post, followed every step possible, and this game just doesn't want to run. Support is just awful, but they do at least acknowledge it's an issue on their 'Known issues' page.

I wonder if they will ever manage to fix it - just goes to show what a disaster these complex licensing and anti-piracy measures are for paying customers. The cracked version runs fine.
#233 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 1:46:39 PM(UTC)
good to see i wasn't the only one with this issue and good to see this new update to the game today and the recent windows and driver updates and it still doesn't work so happy i paid for this game to then have it so doesn't work and claim i never bought the game
 2 users liked this post.
#234 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 2:05:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dannyleone Go to Quoted Post
First, sorry for my bad english, i am spanish.

Second, i explain my problem:

I have problems with the game of Forza Horizon 4 PC.

I have the exceptional version on the Xbox One, it works perfectly.

I have the standard version, in PC Game Pass (Windows 10, with Xbox Beta App). A few days ago I was playing perfectly without problem and now until recently it stopped working, it does not let me continue with the game.

Attached video so you can see it and know what the problem is.

Is there any solution for this?

- I have uninstalled the game and re-downloaded to install it, nothing.
- I have uninstalled Microsoft NET Framework and put the latest ones, nothing.
- I have updated Xbox Beta App and the game, nothing.
- I keep the Windows 10 version up to date with all its latest updates, nothing.
- The game has version 1.404.532.1 which is the last one, nothing.

I don't know what could be, the problem is desperate for me.

I attached the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9ixgz6fp4fx5vk/Error%20Forzaz%204.mp4?dl=0

It's funny, I start playing to quarantine about the coronavirus and it won't let me ... anyway.

I hope your help, THANKS.

Hello everyonne,

I have exactly the same problem here.
Looking for a solution.

Thanks !!

#235 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 5:22:12 AM(UTC)
I had Avira and after uninstalling it and running avira registry cleaner in windows safe mode I was able to launch forza. It crashes in loading screen... Help me, I paid for this game and now I can't even play it... I already contact microsoft xbox support for PC and nothing. I tried to reinstall forza and nothing....
#236 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:53:46 AM(UTC)
So, i recently reinstalled the forza horizon 4, it remains stuck on the loading screen, i tried to stop de syncing the old savegame and start a new one, and it wokrs.
Can someone tell me what i can do?
#237 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 12:47:28 AM(UTC)
How do you submit bug reports or requests for help? I can't see any way of doing this.

My PC version simply does not launch and gives an activation error. What's the news on this incredibly widespread issue? How do we add our names to the growing list of unsatisfied customers?
#238 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 1:27:48 AM(UTC)
@Kyoto198 > Even on a 1000mbps line the sync of my online profile takes about 3-5 minutes on average. It will eventually download, just give it time to do so.
 2 users liked this post.
#239 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 1:43:54 AM(UTC)
I have the exact same issue as OP on FH4, loading into the game happily, getting into the menu, even able to load the game engine for a couple of seconds, but then crashes to desktop.
I've looked in Windows Event Viewer for some clues on the error. This is what I found:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e8e30ad
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000020e5ddfa0
Faulting process ID: 0x980
Faulting application start time: 0x01d61a19d279e656
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report ID: 1726e81a-2430-49ab-aa21-54e604223ae9
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal\

After googling myself silly, I couldn't find any of the suggested fixes for this error to work. I've tried the following:
1) Reset the game from appstore
2) Reinstall the game, twice, oncve to C: and again to a secondary
3) I've tried changing file permissions from various suggestions on the WinApps ffolder, but that didn't work
4) I reinstalled Windows much to my annoyance
5) I've tried this XBOX network fix suggested
6) I've run sfc /scannow as admin, no faults found
7) I've run chkdsk, some items repaired, but didn't fix FH4
8) I've reinstalled and updated ALL drivers
9) I specifically removed Overlay apps (Gefforce now, Discord, Fraps, etc.)
10) I removed all overclocking software (EVGA x1)
10) I set BIOS to default
11) I re-seated memory and ran memtest
12) I checked all temps using HWINFO64

Build spec: i9900k, Asus Code Mobo, Asus 2080ti OC, 32gb G.Skill DDR4, 1TB Samsung 960 nvme

I've been at it for roughly three consecutive days now :(
What frustrates me is that a large number of people are getting the exact same error in event viewer. No fixes confirmed however.
For context, COD MW works 100% for hours on end. So does Overwatch, Doom Eternal and Forza 7.
FH4 used to work like a peach for months on end, and with no user side change just stopped working a couple of days ago. I played last week still.

1 user liked this post.
#240 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 6:22:09 PM(UTC)
I'm having the same exact issue on my end, since purchasing the game two weeks ago - literally haven't been able to launch it. I've tried every possible solution and have had no success. Reached out to Forza support and this was their response:

"We are working on an update to fix this issue, please be patient as we will notify the community when the fix is live, for now you can join our discord to get updates."

This was nine days ago...
#241 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:48:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H4TCH3T ZA Go to Quoted Post
...FH4, loading into the game happily, getting into the menu, even able to load the game engine for a couple of seconds, but then crashes to desktop.

Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
For reference:

Originally Posted by: MingL51367006 Go to Quoted Post
...if you are using asus broad, uninstall all SS3 program (sonic audio), I have try this and fix the issue~

Won't work for this case. (irrelevant crash cause) Unsure.

Originally Posted by: MingL51367006 Go to Quoted Post
Got the same problem since last night, can’t stay in game more than 5 mins.....sad for the new Benz....

Edited by user Saturday, April 25, 2020 7:22:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#242 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:37:14 AM(UTC)
I have the exact same issue as OP on FH4, loading into the game happily, getting into the menu, even able to load the game engine for a couple of seconds, but then crashes to desktop.
I've looked in Windows Event Viewer for some clues on the error. This is what I found:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e8e30ad
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

After googling myself silly, I couldn't find any of the suggested fixes for this error to work. I've tried the following:
3) I've tried changing file permissions from various suggestions on the WinApps ffolder, but that didn't work

Build spec: i9900k, Asus Code Mobo, Asus 2080ti OC, 32gb G.Skill DDR4, 1TB Samsung 960 nvme

What frustrates me is that a large number of people are getting the exact same error in event viewer. No fixes confirmed however.
For context, COD MW works 100% for hours on end. So does Overwatch, Doom Eternal and Forza 7.
FH4 used to work like a peach for months on end, and with no user side change just stopped working a couple of days ago. I played last week still.

Hi every one, I find a solution in reddit, if you are using asus broad, uninstall all SS3 program (sonic audio), I have try this and fix the issue~

Edited by user Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:40:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#243 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 8:17:48 AM(UTC)
A Potential "Corrupt Save Game" Crash Cause

Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TotalDazaster Go to Quoted Post
...when I logged in, instead of the last car I drove, instead it was a Ford Focus every time.

Chose the Audi TT for first car. Played for a while, got a few more cars. Exited the game driving a Zonda FE.
Went back in later, annnnd.. back in the Audi. Does this every time now, just puts me back in the first car I chose. Guess the Focus was the first car before.

If the last car you drove is DLC, it'll put you back in the first car you drove when you relaunch; it's been that way since the beginning, I beleive.

Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SilentStorm0587 Go to Quoted Post
The problem I'm having is when I change a car, like a bmw I play for awhile and, cut off my xbox and, few hours I'll play horizon 4 again and, when I get to see the car near the house it changes to a Subaru when I just selected the bmw.

If you log out while driving DLC cars, it will put you in your starting car when you log back in. I suspect it's something to do with XBL sign in/verification. Basically, the game doesn't verify your login and that you should have access to the DLC in question until after it's already decided what car to put you in upon loading.

What if every car in the player's garage is DLC?.. Would it lead to a start-up crash similar to the "Corrupt Save Game"?

Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
Tbh, if the games corrupts in such case, congratulations for corrupting the game yourself.

So another problem by design?..

Edited by user Saturday, April 25, 2020 8:51:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#244 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 8:36:22 AM(UTC)
Tbh, if the games corrupts in such case, congratulations for corrupting the game yourself.
 1 user liked this post.
#245 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:42:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dannyleone Go to Quoted Post
First, sorry for my bad english, i am spanish.

Second, i explain my problem:

I have problems with the game of Forza Horizon 4 PC.

I have the exceptional version on the Xbox One, it works perfectly.

I have the standard version, in PC Game Pass (Windows 10, with Xbox Beta App). A few days ago I was playing perfectly without problem and now until recently it stopped working, it does not let me continue with the game.

Attached video so you can see it and know what the problem is.

Is there any solution for this?

- I have uninstalled the game and re-downloaded to install it, nothing.
- I have uninstalled Microsoft NET Framework and put the latest ones, nothing.
- I have updated Xbox Beta App and the game, nothing.
- I keep the Windows 10 version up to date with all its latest updates, nothing.
- The game has version 1.404.532.1 which is the last one, nothing.

I don't know what could be, the problem is desperate for me.

I attached the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9ixgz6fp4fx5vk/Error%20Forzaz%204.mp4?dl=0

It's funny, I start playing to quarantine about the coronavirus and it won't let me ... anyway.

I hope your help, THANKS.

I am also Spanish and the same thing happens to me, I spent 4 days playing well until yesterday that does not start, it directly closes when you leave the festival.
 1 user liked this post.
#246 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 12:33:08 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

It worked for me, I tried all the suggestions above and the game is not crashing again after 50 + times crashes.
From start I had played for 20 days uninterrupted but yesterday it got crashed, I tried every fix from this forum.

I don't know the reason of crashing, I checked log of crash and it is same as suggested by others.

What i did as suggested by some buddy above-
1. Reinstall Xbox beta, xbox console companion app, forza hub app. Login to all the apps to ensure that there is no network issue.
2. Update windows
3. Update drivers
4. I tried to turn off defender while playing (donot know if its the culprit)
5. Reinstall complete game.

Hope u all get the game going on. Its really frustating to see the crash in lockdown.

Thank you
#247 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 9:19:49 PM(UTC)

I'll post the official response from the support team on the detailed ticket I opened. See below. I managed to get mine working before I got the response by doing a full PC wipe and reinstall, so can;t validate if any of the below fixed the issue. That being said, I am running an ASUS board, and I don't have Sonic Audio installed currently. Good luck out there.

Hello,
If your game is crashing or here are some steps to better help resolve this issue, please be patient as we are trying to remedy these issues,

First if your game is crashing randomly or when starting up open the event log so we can determine the reason for the crash,
If your game is still crashing, can you please go through the following steps the next time the game crashes?

1.Open Event Viewer by pressing the Windows key and type "Event Viewer"
2.Click on the "Windows Logs" folder
3.Click on "Application"
4.Click on the "Date and Time" column to sort and look for "Application Error" around the date/time your crash happened.
5.After you find the Application Error for the game, you will notice "Information"on the right.
6.In this tab there will be a ton of information listed. here is what you look for.

If you see a Exception code: 0xc0000005 then you will need to look at your network and make sure that the game is not being blocked from accessing the internet, this may be caused by a firewall or ports being closed on your PC. or programs not being properly updated. you can search this error code, as this is specific to your PC.

If you are seeing Hang type: Application Hang or an Activation Error then you will need to wait for our update that will remedy this issue, we are currently working on this specific issue
Any other codes please submit to us, so we can try and help. you can stay updated on our Discord or support page for this fix

For the E:47-0 error code you will need to submit a ticket for a Lost save, as you will need to reset your save because it has become corrupt.

Then, make sure your Windows is updated
Here is the updated Windows assistant: https://support.microsof...dows-10-update-assistant

Then, make sure that your Graphics card has the most updated version
Nvidia Users:
https://www.nvidia.com/D...ad/index.aspx?lang=en-us

AMD Users:
https://www.amd.com/en/support

Once you have identified the issue, you can try and reinstall the base game with no add-ons

You can also create another Gamertag for free on Xbox.com, and try to access the game once installed, to check if something may be corrupt with your game save. if this is the case we can remedy this issue by clearing your old save and starting a new,

Another fix for some users was reinstalling their OS and installing the base game first.

If none of these seemed to help your issue please respond with the event error logs so we can see try and help.

please be patient as during this time we do have a higher volume of tickets as more people are home and gaming.

Thank you,

#248 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:43:44 AM(UTC)
i guess we will be standing in the cold and not beging helped by the devs
#249 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 9:40:03 AM(UTC)
Hi guys,
Basically i just bought a used xbox one s forza motorsport edition, i installed forza horizon 4 but it keeps crashing after the controller explanations i will put a link of a youtube video to show exactly what happens when i launch forza please let me know if someone had the same problem and how he fixed it its been 1 week i tried all solutions with Microsoft support but nothing worked, please let me know asap thanks :)
https://youtu.be/CZ4D63436sw
#250 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 1:04:13 PM(UTC)
I'm also having this problem, I own the Xbox game pass and was playing it normally, played it for 10 hours then decided to buy all dlc package, ever since I installed them the game stopped working, giving me the "activation" error. Tried every single solution online, reinstalled the game countless times and it still is not working. Can't request a refund or anything, worst experience ever, I get that the Xbox app is "beta", but come on, I paid for it, I should be able to use it, otherwise give back my money. Decided to post here so I can keep track if they ever fix it. I won't buy any more microsoft games and I'll stop paying for the pass until they solve this issue.
28 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error