This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:28:36 AM(UTC)
Hey, guys!

It brings me great pleasure and a huge sense of pride to finally announce the official release of "Tune It Yourself", my brand new automated tuning app for FM7!

Using your home's WiFi network, Tune It Yourself connection directly to your Xbox One or PC and utilities the telemetry data sent from FM7 to analyse your car while it's on track! This data is used to find and fix problems, making it super-easy to tailor your car setups to you, and each individual track!

It really works, with SEVERAL global #1's set during testing!

Hope you enjoy it! Here ya go! 😁

Cheers, peeps!

Android:
https://play.google.com/...ayground.tuneityourself

iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/u...urself/id1473805365?ls=1
#2 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 4:16:24 PM(UTC)
Doesn't seem to work at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 11:27:14 PM(UTC)
Yo this app is fire. Check my hot lap times for COTA SR8 2nd fastest and top 20 for my BMW 1er. Again both on COTA. I love this app went from tuning for hours on end to getting 2nd fastest lap in an hours time. Good quality work guys keep it up.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 11:40:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ElderadoLXXXII Go to Quoted Post
Yo this app is fire. Check my hot lap times for COTA SR8 2nd fastest and top 20 for my BMW 1er. Again both on COTA. I love this app went from tuning for hours on end to getting 2nd fastest lap in an hours time. Good quality work guys keep it up.

Thanks, man!! Really appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! 😁 Cheers!
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 11:42:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: spitonit1st Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't seem to work at all.

Can you not get it connected, mate? Or do you just not like it? If it's the first, please let me know and I'll help you. If it's the latter, please also let me know. Even bad feedback is good feedback. Always looking to improve! 👍

Cheers, pal!
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:54:03 PM(UTC)
yeah thanks, but you should have told people it is a monthly fee to use it!

$1.50 a month or $15.00 a year
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:21:44 PM(UTC)
I had been using your web app since I got Horizon 4 and really enjoyed using it for basic tunes. The customization was awesome and had figured out how to get the best tunes for my style of driving. Today when I went to make I tune I noticed it was gone and replaced with the link to the app. I went ahead and downloaded and subscribed hoping I could still use it for Horizon 4 without linking to the game directly. Sadly that wasn't possible. I had to end up canceling the subscription. So enjoy the $1.49 lol. Might want to put something somewhere saying that you NEED to connect to the game to use any of the features.

RIP Tune It Yourself when you could actually tune it yourself.
#8 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 7:16:42 AM(UTC)
Hi
I tested the app today and as already in the web app i still get values outside the max values of the slider for anti roll and rebound. (metric values in game and app)
I noticed also that a lot of values for the test object "Radical sr8 rx" are far from common ones (toe 0.6 front -0.6 rear, 200% braking force preassure ....) and i couldn't reach the laptimes that i do with the game provided standard tune. The clean lap was 0,7 and the dirty lap 1,4 seconds slower .... maybe the radical sr8 is a wrong sample? I think it would be better to take a car that comes with a bad standard tune....
Track was Monza nationale, driving with wheel / peadals, manual shift + auto clutch, all assists off
Edit: forgot to mention that the provided tune is very stable and easy dirveable

Edited by user Friday, October 18, 2019 7:18:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 1:04:32 AM(UTC)
I had the same outcome as Cugan67... Some of the values in the app were/are too short of the actual game values.
Also the car's weight, and front and rear percentages were a little baffling. the app should have those already built in for whatever model. I know these are available in an online search of the car make, model, etc... but it would be so much useful if it was included in the app itself!
Also, while I enjoy the app's usefulness, would it be useful to have the information on how to tune that are included within the app available online? I can only stand to look at my phone for so long. (Sorry, but it's the truth... if there was any way to use the app on my pc... that would work better for me.

Edited by user Monday, October 21, 2019 1:05:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 7:26:20 AM(UTC)
I got the app to connect! Just so I understand, the app recommends what to input, it does not make those changes for you, correct?
So far, I've tried the SR8 at Watkins Glen, but will be trying all the other courses to see how I like it. Nice Job!
<UPDATE>
Okay, I went ahead and purchased the 1-year subscription! My wife is now a FM7 widow! I have two questions. The first is on gearing, the second is on subscriptions.

First, is there a reason for such short gear ratio recommendations? If I set up the gears according to the app recommendations, the car spends a LOT of time against the rev limiter by the end of the longest straight. So I input the recommended INDIVIDUAL gears, but adjust the FINAL drive ratio to something a little taller. Not much, but usually just enough to prevent living at the rev limiter. I'm just curious why the app recommends such short gears. I also found out that changing the setup from Grip to Balance to Speed resets everything to their defaults, and I have to start over from scratch.

Second, is there a way to install the subscription version on a second device? I also have an iPad that installed the trial version when I installed it on my iPhone. But now that I purchased the subscription on the iPhone, I still have only the trial version on the iPad. I don't want to purchase the subscription for the iPad, but am curious if I can get the subscription for the iPad.

Edited by user Sunday, November 24, 2019 11:37:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:52:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR DLTuning Go to Quoted Post
Hey, guys!

It brings me great pleasure and a huge sense of pride to finally announce the official release of "Tune It Yourself", my brand new automated tuning app for FM7!

Using your home's WiFi network, Tune It Yourself connection directly to your Xbox One or PC and utilities the telemetry data sent from FM7 to analyse your car while it's on track! This data is used to find and fix problems, making it super-easy to tailor your car setups to you, and each individual track!

It really works, with SEVERAL global #1's set during testing!

Hope you enjoy it! Here ya go! 😁

Cheers, peeps!

Android:
https://play.google.com/...ayground.tuneityourself

iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/u...urself/id1473805365?ls=1

I have a few suggestions for the app. AWD and FWD specific setups, the option to make all around tunes, and more ability to fine tune the car. The oversteer/understeer slider is good, but 3 separate sliders for loose/tight in, center, and out would be amazing.

Edited by user Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:53:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:33:18 AM(UTC)
Just tried this with the 76 ferrari scuderia after spending a few hours on my own tune and just not quite nailing it.
This app pretty much nailed it quite quickly.
I made a few adjustments towards the end as I found the turn in response to be a little too sensitive (personal preference), but other than that it was extremely driveable.

A few nitpicks/feedback:

Understeer and oversteer slider is good, but I wouldnt mind some options for "twitchiness", usually this can be solved via toe but sometime requires some damping adjustments.
I wonder if it's possible to have a slider for responsiveness of the car, many people play with controllers where extremely sensitive steering can be detrimental (some still love it though), where as wheel drivers will almost always want the most responsive steering possible.
Just a thought.

Secondly, min/max values. Normally I'd just put up with having to adjust the sliders to get the min max, but to my knowledge these are all static values, they differ between cars but the build itself doesnt change anything. What I mean is, a datsun 510 with race springs will always have the same min max spring values no matter what else is put on the car. Same with Aero, the only time this changes is when not using race parts (in which case it doesn't matter).
So, considering this a is subscription model app, I think it would be reasonable to expect these values be included in the app where users simply choose the car. Similar to how quicktune 7 approaches it.
In future, I would also like to see the option to choose certain parts, such as sports springs, and have the app try and calculate a tune using only the available adjustable parts.
Not sure if this is possible, but would be good to see in future versions, especially with forza 7 homolgamated divisions sometimes making it difficult to get all adjustable options and still meeting PI.

I also have a couple of quick questions:
Firstly, when doing the assessments, how imperative is it to drive perfect? As in, if I brake too hard in to too many corners and done keep a relatively good line, will that corrupt the results? Should I restart the assessment and drive clean if this happens?
Also should we be driving the test laps as if we were racing, pushing the car as we would in a race? Or stick to just a casual drive? Should we still be hitting ripple strips if that's part of our usual line or avoid them?
And finally, what would be the ideal track and course to tune for just general use cars that can then be used on most tracks?
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:55:50 PM(UTC)
I have another follow up question after playing around with a few more tunes.
I'm wondering how exactly these tunes are worked out (not asking for trade secrets or anythjng).

So, I was tuning one of the Holden supercars on catalunya.
The end result was good, but the back end still didnt want to grip (app calculated max front aero and about half rear aero) and I found stead state cornering a mission due to the high caster trying to straighten up and the toe out being a bit much.
I took the final tune using all the settings the app said on each run, then at the end I find tuned myself, adding more rear downforce, as well as zeroing off the front toe and reduced the caster to 5.2.
This felt much better for me.
However, I also figured that by increasing rear aero so much it would have messed with the balance a bit and the lower caster and toe changes would mean the camber would be out a bit, so I decided to run my new tune back through the app, using all the settings it said except for those 3 changes.
I realise the app was probably expecting those settings to be what it had said to use, but figured the telemetry would show any discrepancies and be corrected.
What I was expecting to see was a stiffer rear end in ratio to the front to what I had before, as well as I assume more negative camber on the front.
Instead, the app opted for a stiffer overall springrate, but the front/back balance was the same, and the camber ended up being less than it was on the first tune.

So, this makes me wonder if I have misunderstood something, or if the app is simply applying a static formula for front/back spring balance based off car weight and distribution, but then only really using the telemetry to determine the overall stiffness?
The camber I figure may have been less simply because of the better control and less movement in center of gravity due to the increased aero, meaning less weight transfer to the outside of the car and less body roll, but the spring rates have me perplexed, I really would have though that almost 150lbs more rear aero would have showed a noticeable difference between front and rear spring rates compared to the first tune.

End of the day, the car drives better than anything I'd tuned myself, so I'm not complaining at all, but I am just curious as to how it is implemented and how it works theoretically

Notification

Icon
Error