This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:22:20 PM(UTC)
Hello everybody I'm trying to figure out what a good tuning calculator that covers every tuning option in the tuning menu I've already tried ForzaTune 7. If you guys could give me suggestions I'd appreciate it.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:18:32 AM(UTC)
IF (<-this is the VERY important word here) you are familiar with car building/tuning in Forza and especially within Horizon 4 the "Tune it yourself" suspension calculator by FACR is by far the most versatile one I have seen and my go-to choice. I build & tune all my cars with it and have often managed top 10 Rivals times with them. Experience with tuning is mandatory though and it "only" covers the suspension.

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:03:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTA4MASTER2001 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody I'm trying to figure out what a good tuning calculator that covers every tuning option in the tuning menu I've already tried ForzaTune 7. If you guys could give me suggestions I'd appreciate it.

http://forzatuner.com

It's still work in progress, but should give you a decent calculation, best of all it's free.
Looking for a free tune calculator?
Visit: http://forzatuner.com
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:41:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreshGALNET Go to Quoted Post

http://forzatuner.com

It's still work in progress, but should give you a decent calculation, best of all it's free.

Im working on a 69 oldsmobile 442 6 gear tans and this tune calculator made it slower compared to my tune i was trying to finde out how to make it faster cus i dont realy know what im doing i have a basics idea of what to do but not really
Any help is welcomed thanks
×Nicholes23
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:44:04 AM(UTC)
You may want to try out QuickTune H4.

Edited by user Thursday, October 31, 2019 6:05:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:09:48 AM(UTC)
As with many of these tuning programs learning to use the sliders to adjust for corner entry and exit is important to getting the vehicle to its top cornering speeds. I used to tune myself using the Lotus suspension flowchart however once I tested ForzaTune 7 and learned to purpose the fine tune adjustments it made tuning a lot less time consuming. What took an hour is now just a few minutes.

One note: the "tune it yourself" app is directed at FM7 and there is a monthly charge to use it.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#7 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 8:03:41 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - OT removed - D]

Edited by user Friday, November 8, 2019 3:11:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:18:53 AM(UTC)

https://docs.google.com/...u1_jpfsFgZquqyk3MB4onPI

This google sheet link contains all the tuning advice I could find on BG55.com’s base tuning guide that could be calculated from some simple drop downs.

I have made some assumptions to make it more dynamic that are perhaps not correct such as assuming that front% can be used to scale some parameters that are normally just a static tweak for front engine vs mid vs rear engine.

Also I personally work in two sets of units, scientific and metric so your choice is, if you don’t like kg, km etc, is MeV and fractions of c.

Lastly, the seasons/ weather and race types are a work in progress. Some seasonal adjustments are made on the basis of HokiHoshi’s seasonal adjustments guide.
But the drift and drag race drop downs do nothing. Without access to a car database there doesn’t seem to be an easy was for a spreadsheet to infer a set of appropriate engine parameters so all the gear ratios are blank atm. If anyone likes the spreadsheet on the one hand and can point me at a way to improve the quality of the generated base tune on the other I will be too happy to accept input.
#9 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 10:35:25 PM(UTC)
I use Forzatune as a base for roll bar, spring, rebound, and bump. Everything else is try and try again. Some cars original suspension, ride, and grip can be very close to perfect. I start with a pro-tuner's original gearing (used on drag and race cars) and adjust from there. Gear ratios are done by eye looking for good proportions and final overall settings (acceleration, speed and top speed are adjusted accordingly. For gearing i adjust overall to where the top speed doesn't drop or increase but stays pretty much the same. Top gear shouldn't redline. Some setups (older muscle cars and older suspensions have a lot of roll and sway. It seems even the best tuners can't get the Aventador from heading for the trees at anything over 200mph. The Apollo IE, the Maserati MC12s, the Lambo Reventon, the Aston Martin Viper have extremely drivable susspensions at Ultimate Speed plus. I adore the TVR Sagaris FE, it is a fantastic little car.The late model cars suspensions on S2 and X cars are more accurate even at 260mph plus. The Porsche GT RS 3.0 PO is great. The Bentley GT FE car is pretty good but handles a bit heavy.The Koeniseggs handle like silk as do the the newer McClarens. Absolute bricks are the old American Muscle cars and older Lemans racers. I take my hats off to Don Joewon Song2 for his Hoongian Ford RS200 handling on dirt or off road Speed Zones. Oh and the new Roisson Q1 0 to 60mph is amazing, I just wish it had more skill points. I run highway speed tests and am always trying to get better at tunes. Some need improvement. Some cause me to bang my head against the wall, especially 1960s and 1970s Chevys and other beasts from that era. I do my highway tests with all assists off, it gives me a better overall view of how the cars handle. I rarely use roll-cages. The Lambos cry for roll cages.
#10 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
Forza Tune, a few formulas I've found on Reddit and YouTube. In the end, it really all depends on how you want the car to handle. You can never use ANY TOOL OR FORMULA and get a perfect tune each time. Each way is a good base start, but you have to drive it, use it to see what needs to be fixed, tweaked.
Regards,
Yarrokon

Notification

Icon
Error