This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#201 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:17:58 PM(UTC)
Threw together a Torana and ran a 2:40.509. Theres much more in it, I just didn't have the time tonight to put into more laps.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:38:29 PM(UTC)
I've arrived in a hurry this time, my time is 02:35,476 with the Chevrolet Corvette '69 by xAlea Jacta Est
 2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:58:42 PM(UTC)
I’m going to have to post up as I’m outta time in Wisconsin....

Official time..... Road America Alt..... Torana..... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... 2:41:658..... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#204 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:29:56 AM(UTC)
I wish I had time to run every car in this division. So fun! Thanks to F4R Vanquish for the great paint scheme! As always super slow but fun chasing these ghosts.

1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 - crash220 v3 setup - 02:45.530
 2 users liked this post.
#205 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:08:19 PM(UTC)
Road America is always a challenge, but at least we had good weather, and some sunshine on track. Welcome to our new driver MarioV8HEMI, and welcome back iHobo, and HET9Zombie7.

Yet another very evenly matched division, with once again 4 different cars in our top 4 leaderboard positions. Great to see!

Also good to see other drivers showing interest, even if they don't post. 4 drivers ended up battling for the top spot with sub 2:34 lap times. Our HLC winner, xAlea Jacta Est just missing out to WL Harmonic at the end of the week. HLR PRKid continued his great form with a superb 2nd place, followed closely by HLR Bubba and minsons. Great driving everyone, and congratulations xAlea Jacta Est!

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe.

Tier 2 Winner: miguel1284 wins a paint for his 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe.

Tier 3 Winner: crash220 wins a paint for his 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

Tier 4 Winner: j0hn lee wins a paint for his 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

Tuners Prize: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for a car of his choosing, since he already has a Camaro paint. Just let me know.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are back to weekly events with a visist to the Alps in some early hot hatches. We hope you enjoy it!

FM7, Series 3, Event 6
D Class (D400 Max)
Alps Festival Reverse
Restricted to any car in the Hot Hatch Genesis Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 27th November.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you play with a wheel
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Hot Hatch Genesis Cars
1993 Renault Clio Williams
1992 Volkswagen Golf Gti 16v Mk2
1991 Honda CR-X SiR
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
1986 Honda Civic Si
1986 Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
1981 Ford Fiesta XR2
1981 Volkswagen Scirocco S
1981 Ford Fieata XR2 FE
1980 Renault 5 Turbo
1977 AMC Pacer X

Only 13 cars in this division, and very few on this leaderboard. Can we change that?

Edited by user Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:22:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#206 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:09:31 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for our Event 6. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:21:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#207 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:05:13 PM(UTC)
Really wish I could de-turbo that Renault. Would be a great car if I didn't have to wait a year for the snail to spool up. Suppose it's either that or the Pacer, though. Everything else is Wrong Wheel Drive and drives like it.

Fun fact: The Pacer was designed to have a rotary engine sourced from GM, but the engine development was discontinued before the car went into production. Wonder if one's available as a swap...

==

Edit to add:

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Wonder if one's available as a swap...

...and sure enough, it is! Going to be driving a purple fishbowl with a Dorito in it for this one, I think. Just need to decide on a name... Grape Ape? Purple Nurple? Decisions, decisions...

Edited by user Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:32:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#208 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:34:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe

Tuners Prize: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for a car of his choosing, since he already has a Camaro paint. Just let me know.

My time 2.03.441 is with the Mustang'65. So, if it's possible, change the Winner Prize with the Mustang and switch the Camaro to Tuners Prize ??
 1 user liked this post.
#209 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:55:38 PM(UTC)
This is a bit more to my liking.
Using an old tune in the Honda CR-X - 2:08.778
#210 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:57:53 PM(UTC)
Well, after 2 shared RWD tunes, I finally broke down and brought the Shelby back to its native FWD tune, shared as well (MSS HLC V3),and ran a best of 2:10.123. Not too bad even with my sorry butt driving!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#211 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:01:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post

Maaaaan!! ....I had just beaten your time!! Lol. Just beat it, quit, checked the boards and bam! You shaved 2 seconds! Lol

Nice running man! Back to the drawing board. My Shelby is fun though! Haha
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#212 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:51:10 PM(UTC)
Pacer is up and running. Not quickly, mind you; it's still a bloated lump of malaise-era failure and regret, but at least the tractor motor's gone and something actually sporting is sitting in its place. Stock tach doesn't know what to do with an engine that revs past 3,400 RPM. Most of the initial suspension setup was serviceable, but the camber was way too high. I usually start off at 3.0F / 2.5R it's somewhere in the right ballpark, but I've dropped it twice and am still running on the inside edge for most of the track. Latest setup is at 1.8F / 1.6R, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. The car's surprisingly spry for what it is; well balanced and controllable. Might even be leaderboard capable with a more competitive build and a faster driver behind the wheel. Setup is uploaded as HLC06 Alps Brap1 if anyone wants to take it for a spin.

Current best: 2:08.960

Have some great ideas for a period-correct (AKA: "tacky") livery for it, but I doubt I'll get time to realize them before the event's over. Got a garage roof to replace before Old Man Winter completely staves it in, so this weekend is pretty much spoken for.
 1 user liked this post.
#213 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 9:51:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post

Maaaaan!! ....I had just beaten your time!! Lol. Just beat it, quit, checked the boards and bam! You shaved 2 seconds! Lol

Nice running man! Back to the drawing board. My Shelby is fun though! Haha

Sorry Zepp, I'm trying my hardest to get a new paint this week after last weeks rubbish attempt.
I started off in the VW Scirocco but it was a bit sluggish up the hill and then decided to join the Honda club.

I ended up running without ghosts and using the 1st screen on the telemetry as someone in a Shelby kept ghosting through my car and I kept making silly mistakes towards the end of the lap after seeing how far in front of my time I was.
 2 users liked this post.
#214 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 2:52:16 PM(UTC)
Livery for this weeks HLC on the 1991 Honda CR-X SiR.
(Title: HLR HLC ALPS)
(Creator: F4R Vanquish)

1 user liked this post.
#215 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 5:04:33 PM(UTC)
Brap2 is uploaded. Still dropping camber like a gradeschooler drops hints about what they want for Christmas, but it's at least somewhat close to where it needs to be now. Next adjustment or two should have it dialed in. Tinkering with gearing, as well. Really hard to set it correctly when your powerband is something like 4 RPM wide. Really debating about switching to a 4-speed, but that just seems like a silly amount of shifting considering the delta between slowest corner and fastest straight on this track is something like 25 MPH. Still, the difference between 8,100 RPM and 8,500 RPM is about 25% of my power, so maybe it's necessary. We'll see.

Current best: 2:07.220

==

Edit to add:

While researching horrid '70s paint schemes, I found some pictures of the factory two-tone the Pacer could be optioned with between '75 and '78. It's wonderfully, campily atrocious. Not quite the three-oranges-over-purple racing stripes I had in mind, but it was much, much easier to do. Wish I still had my high-detail Michigan license plate vinyl available, but apparently I never remade it for the modern Forza games. Also made some adjustments to the build and setup. Running on Street tires at 225 now (in-game metrics say I have functionally the same lateral grip, but it feels a lot better on track), and finally admitted defeat and set up the gearbox use four gears. If I can ever learn to shift at the correct time I should be able to keep the power above 228 or so for the entirety of the track. Probably won't get the chance, though. Setup is uploaded as HLC06 Alps Brap5.

Current best (and probably final): 2:06.974

And, because I forgot last time:

Edited by user Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:54:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#216 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:41:28 AM(UTC)
I've gotten the Shelby down to 2:09.8 something. I'm not giving up on that yet. I dont know if I'm going to jump to the CRX, I feel like with this car its definitely more the driver, ME, than the car. Here's to lost causes! Lol

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 3 users liked this post.
#217 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 12:21:08 PM(UTC)
Finally managed to break into the 4’s with 2:04.872 - I’m back in xAlea’s test tune as this seems to suit my driving more... the v2(?) tune slowed me down even though it’s clearly quicker in the right hands!
15/15 = 93%
 2 users liked this post.
#218 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 4:33:15 AM(UTC)
I think, I've found the build with the right mix of mechanical grip and low drag. TWICE I was ahead of PRKid only to loose focus and drive too wide setting up for the last corner!

I still need a little counter steer on entry which is killing momentum when the push hits mid corner. We'll see if I can find the time to tweak the dampers and bars but I'm not out driving Kid, so it has to be a solid build.

Crash
 1 user liked this post.
#219 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 5:47:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
I think, I've found the build with the right mix of mechanical grip and low drag. TWICE I was ahead of PRKid only to loose focus and drive too wide setting up for the last corner!

I still need a little counter steer on entry which is killing momentum when the push hits mid corner. We'll see if I can find the time to tweak the dampers and bars but I'm not out driving Kid, so it has to be a solid build.

Crash

yeah, was using kid as a pace car last night and his run from the top of the hill to the finish is very fast. well done kid!

he did help pull me along to get into the 2:04's. thx

also took a new build and tune. PB 2:04.865

update:

saw your time crash. impressive. not sure i have enough to close that. gg

looks like a one car (cr-x), one build type (246hp, full cage) as Alea hit on early. tunes and skill will win out here. topping out my skills unfortunately :P

improved to 2:04.464 tune is shared.

Edited by user Monday, November 25, 2019 11:56:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#220 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 1:58:45 PM(UTC)
I'm back! It is good to see so many new people as well as familiar names on here.

My current PB is a 2.03.687 in crash's tune
PTG
#221 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 3:03:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Benny Go to Quoted Post
I'm back! It is good to see so many new people as well as familiar names on here.

My current PB is a 2.03.687 in crash's tune

Welcome back Benny! GREAT run....you've obviously not lost your driving touch!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#222 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 3:12:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

Crash

Great job Crash! Keep at it!

I've been out of commission the last several days on my move, so, not sure if I can get another run in....yet, will try to do so. There were a couple of spots I knew a blew a little bit, yet, not sure I can tweak the tune to a "sweat spot" to help in the 1st section (really last turn into FL), and, back end sweeper at the downhill section.

Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post

yeah, was using kid as a pace car last night and his run from the top of the hill to the finish is very fast. well done kid!

he did help pull me along to get into the 2:04's. thx

also took a new build and tune. PB 2:04.865

update:

improved to 2:04.464 tune is shared.

Impressive improvements haulmarc! As mentioned to Crash...don't stop and keep pushing!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#223 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 3:25:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Finally managed to break into the 4’s with 2:04.872

......👍

Nice one Smoke!

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#224 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 11:00:40 PM(UTC)
Got home to find I’d dropped from first to fourth in tier 2! Using crash’s tune I’ve managed to improve to 2:04.152, but boy it’s a tight run thing! Great tune crash, thank you!
15/15 = 93%
 2 users liked this post.
#225 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:12:11 AM(UTC)
Got thru my wall yesterday evening with a 2:08:3xx.... don’t know how much more (if any) is in my tank as this challenge is really making me struggle but I’m gonna keep soldiering on.... 😎

11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error