This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#176 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:38:57 PM(UTC)
02:36:705 - 73 T/A = HANDFULL with stock suspension and sport brakes.

Waiting to get passed by a Cougar,
Crash
#177 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:33:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
02:36:705 - 73 T/A = HANDFULL with stock suspension and sport brakes.

Waiting to get passed by a Cougar,
Crash

.........πŸ‘

GREAT run Crash! Seems you got a "missile" in your hands... πŸ˜‚ ...

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#178 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:37:42 PM(UTC)
Looks like I'm going to be going with a C2 'Vette for this one. Tried a Boss 302 and wasn't impressed. '65 Mustang was better, but still not inspiring (would be a lot happier if it were a fastback). Not sold on the C2, but it's probably the best of a bad lot. Tried two builds so far; one a stock power/no aero build, the other a full aero build with a restrictor plate and some weight manipulation to get down to 48% front weight distribution. Going to mess around with it a bit more, but so far the higher power seemed to win out over the aero.

Either way, I'm not going to see the south side of 2:36. Might get 2:38 by the end of it, but even that might be a stretch.
#179 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:08:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
but so far the higher power seemed to win out over the aero.

Not surprising given the fact that "ALT" inserts the Bend that neuters the momentum combination of Carousel to Kink leading up to the back strait. With three half mile drag strips and a C500 PI restriction my first thought was actually the Javelin but it was too much of a speed car and took too long to get rolling. I'm guessing the Charger will suffer the same fate with acceleration being King. I'm not surprised to see the C2, Torana, Rebel, and 65 Mustang making LB runs with the Camaros/Firebirds and possibly C3 hanging in with a little extra grip.

I couldn't handle min width rear tires on the 73 T/A and it doesn't respond well from either a PI or handling perspective to no-aero over min-aero so I didn't even try. Now a no-aero Rebel or Falcon?? might be the ticket. The Cougar is typically a heavy speed build but that car just seems to constantly surprise me.

Zepp - which on is the best drag car out of the lot?
Crash
 1 user liked this post.
#180 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 3:50:50 AM(UTC)
Managed to wrestle crash's 73 T/A to a 2:39.551 πŸ‘
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#181 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 6:07:37 AM(UTC)
Probably the Torana for drag but depends a good deal on what you're building for. With the low weight and the 345s you can throw on the back, the Torana does really well.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 3 users liked this post.
#182 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 12:01:14 PM(UTC)
Made a livery for the 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
(title: HLR HLC ROAD AM)
(Creator: F4R Vanquish)

1 user liked this post.
#183 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:54:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post
Managed to wrestle crash's 73 T/A to a 2:39.551 πŸ‘

No small feat! To be honest I'm surprised you even made it around the track on the controller - I'm totally relying on the wheel's force feedback to tiptoe up to razors edge of impending DOOM. If I could just tweak the brake bias and dampers ever so slightly I'm sure I could find another 0.4 to 0.7 but alas that option was traded away for power/weight. I'm currently 0.1 back in a heaver more powerful build with the race suspension that is much easier to control and should be the ticket once dialed in. The 69 T/A looks better on paper and is much easier to drive with full width rear tires but I seem to be about 0.5 off the pace even in minsons heavyweight ballistic missile.

I tried the Torana but quickly realized that I have NEVER driven a right hand drive around this track so it didn't go so well. No problem switching back and forth on Bathurst or SiIverstone but for some reason this track is burned in from the left seat and will take some adjustment.

Crash
 1 user liked this post.
#184 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 5:33:01 AM(UTC)
I messed around with this a little this morning. Brought my time down to a 2:41.826 in a Hemi 'Cuda, shared. Stock tire compound and slightly massaged OG hemi. There's more in it, I'm messing up in a few spots still.

I also played around with the Torana drag tunes. There was an update a long while back that changed the way alot of cars handled on the Test Track, as far as drag and wheelies. I haven't tuned alot since but after a few fails, I got a tune shared in S1 that will run 8.5-6s on the test track and runs 8.8s on the Exp Drag. Test track will.still hit the back bumper if you're just balls out on the launch, but launch 6500 or lower, should be groovey.

There's a couple other cars in this division that are alright for drag, being forza, things that should be even really aren't in many ways, lol.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#185 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 1:58:43 PM(UTC)
Made about another dozen builds, all variations on the theme of balancing weight distribution, aero (or lack thereof), and power. Current fastest is in a supercharged power-focused build with aero, but it handles oddly (not bad; just floatier/slidier than I feel it should) and is saddled with that terribad 5-speed you get with a Sport transmission upgrade. My current favorite is an all motor, no aero build that sticks (Get it? 'Cause it's a manual transmission?) with the stock 4-speed. Much better gearing and power delivery on the entire track, and it's pretty well planted considering it's on the stock whitewalls. Not sure I'm going to catch the power build, though; 550 -> 480 is a bit of a drop, even if it is 300 pounds lighter. Best with that one was a 2:40.7, but I think they're fairly evenly matched if I were a more consistent driver. Will give it a solid go tomorrow morning and see if I can't find a 2:38 lurking somewhere in its unobstructed intake.

Current best: 2:39.8 or so.
 1 user liked this post.
#186 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 2:42:52 PM(UTC)
Slightly internet challenged till thursday but I'll do my best to give things another run or 2. I'm kinda itching to try out Crash's T/A, one of my favorite muscle cars. A couple of my top 5 are in this division.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#187 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:53:23 AM(UTC)
β€˜I’m just a rebel and a good ol’ country boy..... driving my machiiiiiine’ 🎀

Found my ride courtesy of Moss. Suits me to a β€˜T’!
 2 users liked this post.
#188 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 1:18:59 PM(UTC)
New record of 3 PBs in one day.... Rebel got me into 45s.... 2:45:816 to be exact..... gonna try a Torana next.... maybe 4?🧐
 1 user liked this post.
#189 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:21:28 PM(UTC)
5 PBs today.... 3 with the Rebel and 2 with the Torana..... now standing middle of the pack 2:44s..... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#190 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 12:41:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
5 PBs today.... 3 with the Rebel and 2 with the Torana..... now standing middle of the pack 2:44s..... 😎

AWESOME! I'll have to settle for 1 PB in 3 Days of throwing everything at it.

2:35.999......9999999999 is less than 2:36 wheeeeeee - Fastest 73' T/A on the LB.

Ended up trading away 22 HP and 33 lb for the race suspension/brakes plus the all important "Wrestle Mania Killing" 295 rear rubber on 19's. It took about 3 hours lobby racing with it before I understood what was wrong with my FM6 suspension setting for this car. Ended up with the softest springs, stiffest bars, and highest bump settings I have ever used on a muscle car in FM7. Ran a 35.8 testing so there may be a little more.

Keep digging Burnin,
Crash

P.S. @Moss - That tinted rear window needs to GO! Every corner you pulled ahead just enough that I couldn't SEE THE CORNER!!!!!!

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2019 12:49:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#191 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 2:47:12 PM(UTC)
P.S. @Moss - That tinted rear window needs to GO! Every corner you pulled ahead just enough that I couldn't SEE THE CORNER!!!!!!

Heh. There's a reason I have ghosts turned off the vast majority of the time. I'll switch them on to study a particular section or to try to glean a better line from one of the faster guys, but the rest of the time they're either a bad influence ("Hey, if Ven0m/Rich/et al. can brake like 15m earlier here, that must mean I can, too...") or are, as you mentioned, completely obscuring brake points, turn-in points, the apex, most of the ground and sky, etc.

Kind of like trying to read a book with a cat around.
#192 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:41:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post

Heh. There's a reason I have ghosts turned off the vast majority of the time. I'll switch them on to study a particular section or to try to glean a better line from one of the faster guys, but the rest of the time they're either a bad influence ("Hey, if Ven0m/Rich/et al. can brake like 15m earlier here, that must mean I can, too...") or are, as you mentioned, completely obscuring brake points, turn-in points, the apex, most of the ground and sky, etc.

Kind of like trying to read a book with a cat around.

I run the same way (ghosts off), but using far chase cam.
Sometimes I'll even run using the 1st telemetry screen so I don't have to see how slow I'm driving.
 2 users liked this post.
#193 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:13:19 PM(UTC)
Hard work and hard running has paid off... broke into 42s tonite..... 2:42:8xx πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
 1 user liked this post.
#194 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 12:31:48 PM(UTC)
2:37.411 - in the 69 Camaro with xAlea's tune πŸ‘
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#195 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:49:57 PM(UTC)
I have set this time for the moment -> 2:39:785 in the '71 Cuda with my own tune. But I think I can do it better
#196 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:52:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MarioV8HEMI Go to Quoted Post
I have set this time for the moment -> 2:39:785 in the '71 Cuda with my own tune. But I think I can do it better

Welcome! Nice run to kick it off. You’ve been added to our LBs.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#197 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:01:14 AM(UTC)
It’s taking a bit of time to get used to motorsport again after spending so long in Horizon! Currently at 2:37.267 in xAlea’s Camaro...
15/15 = 93%
 3 users liked this post.
#198 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:32:40 AM(UTC)
0.068!! All that is separating me from my goal of 41s....... 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#199 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 7:50:18 PM(UTC)
I'm on a wheel. Did a 2:42.308. Used Crash's V3 build. I just have a hell of a time getting the proper braking point for consistent turn in. I either lock up a wheel or over brake and dont carry enough speed. Oh well, first time playing since before the summer break. Great fun.
#200 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:57:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
0.068!! All that is separating me from my goal of 41s....... 😎

Congrats on your 41.xxx!!

Originally Posted by: HET9Zombie7 Go to Quoted Post
I'm on a wheel. Did a 2:42.308. Used Crash's V3 build. I just have a hell of a time getting the proper braking point for consistent turn in. I either lock up a wheel or over brake and dont carry enough speed. Oh well, first time playing since before the summer break. Great fun.

Welcome back, got you down on HLR's HLC LBs.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
12 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error