45 Pages<<4142434445PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#1051 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 9:10:14 AM(UTC)
Wow, another series finished already... thanks to Moss and Kid for keeping these going :)

I've managed no more than 30 minutes to an hour per event this time round which bodes really badly for this one... but will try to give it a go as it's the 100th! Well done you guys with the time, commitment and skill to set the boards alight!
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910" (Just not in FH5)
 1 user liked this post.
#1052 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 10:09:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

Wow, another series finished already... thanks to Moss and Kid for keeping these going :)

Thanks for all the support from all you great drivers!

We've been able to place close to 3700 LB spots through are 100 events!

PRKid

Edited by user Monday, June 22, 2020 10:10:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#1053 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 4:48:41 AM(UTC)
New car, New PB TVR Speed 12

8:34.642 - with scope for improvement (that was an outlap from standing start).

Haven't driven a speed 12 since the fm2 days - pretty sure it was an X class monster on there but popular with painters in part due to it's value and huge bonnet for painting on. So I was Surprised it's handling stats are so high, the thing is mostly on rails - still a few issues with my heavy right foot on exit from slow corners but otherwise a lovely car. Quite a bit slower than my Zonda on the final straight but I can live with that.

I've not really driven much R class apart from career and that was ages ago, so bit of a learning curve. Looking at the boards a lot of cars seem to come from the elite factory racers division, with a few hyper cars thrown in. Am I right in thinking those are the best places to look for my next test subject?

EDIT;

I'm not sure I need to look anywhere for another test subject, turned on TCS and solved most of my heavy foot issues. Just had a 3 lap run chasing Wan Ge's ghost and was so close I could smell his exhaust fumes. I was ahead at a few points in the lap but messed up enough to let him get by me and was a little over excited on the final straight (totally over shot my braking zone) new PB 8:23.715

Will definitely be trying that again but for now, I'm worn out, it's been emotional lol.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 6:31:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: New PB

1 user liked this post.
#1054 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:33:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
New car, New PB TVR Speed 12 - 8:34.642 - with scope for improvement (that was an outlap from standing start).
I'm not sure I need to look anywhere for another test subject, turned on TCS and solved most of my heavy foot issues. Just had a 3 lap run chasing Wan Ge's ghost and was so close I could smell his exhaust fumes. I was ahead at a few points in the lap but messed up enough to let him get by me and was a little over excited on the final straight (totally over shot my braking zone) new PB 8:23.715

Will definitely be trying that again but for now, I'm worn out, it's been emotional lol.

.....👍 Great runs!

DJ Saoco
#1055 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:34:12 AM(UTC)
*** DOUBLE POST ***

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:35:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#1056 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 9:33:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
We've decided to extend this final event to 8pm (UK) on Sunday, 28th June.

This should give everyone a better chance to try some different cars and achieve a clean lap.

great i wasn't able to get on my Xbox last week so !!, ill be able to have a run at it this Saturday.... yeah.

2 users liked this post.
#1057 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:50:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CostlessCape92 Go to Quoted Post
FINALLY broke through the 20 sec barrier.
8:19.017 - 599XX E

.......👍

Nice one Costless, need to convert some of these dirty 17s and 18s into clean laps

Finally converted one of the many dirty 8:18s into a clean 8:16.150 😀
#1058 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:51:03 AM(UTC)
Duplicate post - please delete

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:52:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1059 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:04:06 PM(UTC)
Thanks Kid, & great time Rob - not catching that.

I'm sure I can catch Wan Ge & possibly Costless if I can get the whole lap together - now had a dirty lap faster than Wan but hell if I can get a clean one lol.

The TVR is immense though, love it. Only started messing with it this morning and just looked and it's clocked up 327 miles averaging 108 mph. I think it's the best car I've driven on my wheel so far, if (when) I make a mistake, feels like it was my fault - oftentimes on the wheel I'm left scratching my head thinking what happened there.

I may just be warming to Nürburgring & R Class after all!
 1 user liked this post.
#1060 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:26:26 PM(UTC)
Mr D just gave your TVR a quick run and had a dirty 8:19.5 in it. If you turn the Stability off, you could find the 4 seconds difference to beat my time in it.
Never thought I'd say this, but the Lotus has fractionally more top end (191 compared to 184 in the TVR)
#1061 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:30:11 PM(UTC)
Nice, thanks Rob - really appreciate you taking the time to run the car. I'll try with the STM off - see what happens.

EDIT

I'm now at 402 miles on the car, if I don't improve from here, it won't be from lack of effort!

Edit again;

Just pipped Wan Ge (for now) 8:21.502 - also noticed a new time from Costless on the boards, no way I'm catching that either lol.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:23:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1062 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:32:37 AM(UTC)
I’ve been so frustrated by my inability to get a clean.... have never driven Ring in R class and it is a game changer. So today I decided to try playing with assists to help me learn track and once I have a clean I’ll work on improving the time. It is a matter of pride for me now...... no way am I gonna let the 100th HLR event pass with setting a decent time. My goal is sub 9.... and thanks to Moss and Kid for the extension.... 👍

‘DO OR DO NOT.... THERE IS NO TRY’

‘NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS’

#1063 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:48:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
I’ve been so frustrated by my inability to get a clean.... have never driven Ring in R class and it is a game changer. So today I decided to try playing with assists to help me learn track and once I have a clean I’ll work on improving the time. It is a matter of pride for me now...... no way am I gonna let the 100th HLR event pass with setting a decent time. My goal is sub 9.... and thanks to Moss and Kid for the extension.... 👍

This is certainly a challenging track, let alone at R-class. It has always been nightmare for me since I lose my attention span due to it's length. One has to maintain focus which I lose very quickly. Only 23 % (1327 of 5752) of the runs on the track have been clean.

I am sure you will do it! Keep at it Burnin! Best of Luck!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#1064 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:32:16 AM(UTC)
I'm sure you'll do it as well Burnin - I'm not sure my times are safe when you do. I tried the Lotus but couldn't get on with it, speed's there but getting that clean lap was a challenge. I'm yet to try the McLaren so don't know how that drives.

I've tried a whole host of other cars - so far had clean laps in the F50 GT, Zonda C and the TVR I'm currently using (but I have tried others lol). They're all worth a look if you're shopping around.
 1 user liked this post.
#1065 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:11:47 PM(UTC)
Don't think I'll catch Costless, that's a stunning improvement
And i think go awayot wants the paint for winning Tier 3
 1 user liked this post.
#1066 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:52:34 PM(UTC)
I'm sure you'll do it as well Burnin - I'm not sure my times are safe when you do. I tried the Lotus but couldn't get on with it, speed's there but getting that clean lap was a challenge. I'm yet to try the McLaren so don't know how that drives.

I've tried a whole host of other cars - so far had clean laps in the F50 GT, Zonda C and the TVR I'm currently using (but I have tried others lol). They're all worth a look if you're shopping around.
z

Thanks for the kind words! I have an awesome McLaren I’m sticking with. I switch to cockpit mode (normally drive on far chase view) on the long straight portion and the seating position reminds me of a fighter pilot. Makes me wish I was 21 again too...... 🧙🏽‍♂️

#1067 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:54:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Don't think I'll catch Costless, that's a stunning improvement
And i think go awayot wants the paint for winning Tier 3

I’ve liked the ‘Ring ever since I beat Mission 34 back in Grand Turismo 4. That took 64 tries lol.

1 user liked this post.
#1068 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:37:39 AM(UTC)

Just pipped Wan Ge (for now) 8:21.502 - also noticed a new time from Costless on the boards, no way I'm catching that either lol.

Sorry DM, but I'm back in front, not by much though, I'm sure you will be faster in the McLaren
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#1069 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:39:06 AM(UTC)
Sorry double post 🤔

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:42:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#1070 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:19:09 AM(UTC)
No worries Wan Ge, was fun whilst it lasted but was always likely you'd go ahead if you ran again.

I'm not done with this yet, although I think I'm close to the limit of my skill, so can't see me improving loads in the next few days.
 1 user liked this post.
#1071 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:47:25 AM(UTC)
CLEAN!!!!!!!!! Now I can relax and concentrate on meeting my goal..... need to find 4.614 seconds!!!!!! 👍😀😎
 1 user liked this post.
#1072 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:03:00 AM(UTC)
CLEAN!!!!!!! Now to concentrate on finding 4.614 seconds and I’ll have my goal and HLR will have another legit LB position! 😎😎
#1073 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:03:09 AM(UTC)
CLEAN!!!!!!! Now to concentrate on finding 4.614 seconds and I’ll have my goal and HLR will have another legit LB position! 😎😎
#1074 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:03:17 AM(UTC)
#1075 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:08:18 AM(UTC)
And BTW... is anyone else experiencing forum issues? I didn’t intend the last post to hit 4 times 😂 😂
45 Pages<<4142434445PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error