This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<3536373839>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#901 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 11:50:34 AM(UTC)
I've improved a tiny bit but honestly not worth the frustration lol.

1:40.910 Tried Fifty Inch's tune, bumper cam on controller.

Was chasing Wan Ge's ghost on that run, on a number of laps, was able to brake later in to the first section and got a head start through the twisty section and generally ahead going up the hill. Losing some time through the tunnel and the corner at the bottom of the hill is really killing my time. Can't seem to slow enough to make the corner, yet still carry speed through in the same way the ghosts I've been chasing can. Reckon I'm losing 1/2 a second in that corner alone.

Done around 30 laps tonight, hands starting to resemble claws, so calling it a night.

Still might get a final run at it tomorrow if I'm lucky. Who knows, could creep up a little bit more but it's not coming easy lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#902 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:11:44 PM(UTC)
Going to finish this week with a small improvement to 1:43.121
 1 user liked this post.
#903 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:09:13 PM(UTC)
Have to go to dentist tomorrow so today was the last time I could run Rio.....

Official time..... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Rio Nat. R.... Lamborghini Miura...... 1:42:585 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#904 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:26:35 PM(UTC)
I messed up my run every time
Had to take a safety lap to get one in. Could never get the chicane and then the right up the hill correct. Enjoyed the circuit, but very frustrating.
 1 user liked this post.
#905 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:56:15 AM(UTC)
Decided to move on from the Aston tanker after running a PB of 1:38.7XX into the more nimble Alfa Romeo Montreal. Huge difference in laptimes cutting over 1 second after a few laps almost instantly.

Loaded up "minsons" tune he has shared on the LB for the Alfa (much appreciated and awesome tune) worked my way down to a 1:37.313 PB.

Was on pace for a 1:37.1XX a few times but can't nail the the sharp left hander after the tunnel.

Was chasing HLR PRkid's lambo ghost and I am a few car lengths in front up until that corner but you nailed that corner in the Miura. Great driving PRkid. However good I take that corner in the Alfa you go from 3 car lengths behind to 3 infront and can't crawl the gap back before the finish line.

Now the question is should I load up a shared Miura Tune and redo or continue the Alfa pursuit?

Gamertag: Soarer2JZTT
Using: Controller
Camera: Far Chase
Car: Alfa Romeo Montreal
Laptime: 1:37.313
 1 user liked this post.
#906 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 7:39:24 AM(UTC)
I tried today to run some laps and circuit is really fun! I've managed to do max 1:39,928 with HLR Bassman tune
 1 user liked this post.
#907 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 11:20:55 AM(UTC)
I tried HLR Baseman yesterday as well and with a few more laps I would pip my 1:39,006 but our of time so this is it for me.
 2 users liked this post.
#908 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
Welcome to our 2 new drivers, Soarer2JZTT, and EZT MAKO 6669, and welcome back BruhMe. Rio National is an excellent track, although the track limits at the first chicane can be infuriating.

Two of the four cars appear very evenly matched, with the Miuira's handling making it the most popular, and successful on this track. We ended the week with 6 drivers in the top 10, and 11 in the top 20, which by any measure is very good.

PRKid took the win from our new driver, SoarerJZTT, after a very close battle with Bubba, who took the remainng podium place. Tier 2 saw Fifty Inch winning from Coopracing, who just missed out on promotion once again. TeXeN7 won tier 3 from stratocat65.

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: HLR PRKid wins a paint for his 1967 Lamborghini Miuira P400.

Tier 2: Fifty Inch wins a paint for his 1967 Lamborghini Miuira P400.

Tier 3: TeXeN7 wins a paint for his 1967 Lamborghini Miuira P400.

Tuners Prize: minsons wins a paint for his 1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to California to drive some sports touring cars down the corkscrew. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 32
A Class (A700 Max)
Laguna Seca
Restricted to any car in the Sport Touring Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 3rd June.

We are unlikely to be threatening the top 100 this week, but that is no reason to avoid such an iconic track. We are predicting plenty of LB scrolling for PRKid and myself to keep our LB up to date!

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But please:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know which driving view you used,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Sport Touring Cars
2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5
2018 Kia Stinger
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 FE
2016 BMW M4 GTS
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R
2016 Ford Shelby GT350R FE
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe FE
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351
2015 Ford Falcon XR8
2015 Ford Mustang GT
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe FE
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport FE
2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute
2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute FE
2014 HSV GEN-F GTS
2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
2013 Aston Martin Vantage S
2013 Audi RS4 Avant
2013 Ford Shelby GT500
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series FE
2011 HSV GTS

By my count that is 36 cars in this division LOL. But if I've missed any let me know!

The 2016 Ford has done well previously, but the winner is anyone's guess this time.
 1 user liked this post.
#909 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 12:03:56 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 32. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, May 27, 2020 12:12:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#910 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:51:37 PM(UTC)
That Aston Martin is really pretty. Certainly the prettiest car of the bunch. I've tried doing something with it before and didn't have much luck, but I think I'm obligated to give it a solid shakedown before I try anything else.
 1 user liked this post.
#911 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 3:10:40 PM(UTC)
Not a track I've had a lot of luck with over the years, just not consistent enough to get a really good time.

Definitely going to be controller this time around to stand any chance at all.

So Ford Mustang '16. controller bumper cam - 1:35.119 is my current time. Can see myself going quicker than that - just need to get a few corners right (all in the same lap lol).

1 user liked this post.
#912 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:00:09 PM(UTC)
Decided to try the 2018 Kia Stinger GT. Around Laguna. Built in with full grip race tyres, full weight reduction. It is a bit down on power and loses a lot of time down the straights to the HSV GTS ghost I was chasing.

Using fifty inch's QuickTune7 tuning app for the tune and after 5 laps managed a PB of 1:32.323

Controller
2018 Kia Stinger GT
1:32.323
Far Chase View

As there are 36 cars I will be choosing the few I think can be competitive before jumping o the GTS and Mustang Shelby.
 1 user liked this post.
#913 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:03:29 AM(UTC)
Built and tuned the 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport using fifty’s QuickTune7 tuning app.

This car beat my PB in the Kia Stinger comfortably by 0.6 seconds and was able to get into the 1:31’s.

Both the Kia and Chevy are shared tunes. Keyword to search for is “QuickTune7“

Controller
Far Chase View
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
1:31.740
 1 user liked this post.
#914 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:24:34 AM(UTC)
I have a 15 Mustang already built and I’m gonna try it first..... 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#915 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:16:10 PM(UTC)
Ran a few different cars tonight, M4 FE, Aston, Alfa & Mustang 2018 RTR - ended up coming back the to 2016 Mustang and messing with the tune on the car - finished up with a new PB 1:34.373

Had been chasing Foot's ghost in a Shelby Cobra, just managed to get ahead of him (for now). Pretty pleased with that for tonight's effort - he's usually a fair bit quicker than me, so not expecting that to last if he's joining in this week.

EDIT

Friday evening, just been chasing Smoke's ghost and had one dirty lap (only dirty in the last corner, with a bit of over exuberant appliance of the go pedal) in the 1:33.7's.

Was close to breaking something (anything) in a minor rage at that point, took a deep breath (and a sip of beer - it is Friday) and ploughed on - a couple of laps later 1:33.630 is my current time - all the inanimate objects in my house breathed a collective sigh of relief.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 9:08:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#916 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 1:02:43 PM(UTC)
Couple of PBs tonight using the Ford Mustang 16, switching back and forth between PrKid's tune and Fifty Inch' tune. There's not much between them, Fifty's is a bit more stable., Prkid's slides a bit better.
Down to a 1:34.778 using Prkid's tune, beat my previous PB using Fifty's tune by 0.003
#917 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 1:48:32 PM(UTC)
Having a real hard time making anything useful out of that Aston Martin. The staggered tires murder its corner-holding ability, and because of its high stock power it's really difficult to reach any sort of workable balance between weight reduction and tire compound. I'm not quite at the end of my patience with it, but it's a close thing. If it didn't look like the Platonic ideal of "modern GT car", I'd have dumped it on the curb a long time ago.

Also made the mistake of building a M4 and taking it for a spin on the 'Ring. Even with the turbo mill it's a hell of a car, and a much better driver than the Vantage. I strongly suspect I'm going to end up in one before the end of the week.
#918 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 7:22:50 PM(UTC)
1:33.989 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R in a test drive.

You'll have to take my word on it since the servers were down the entire time I had available,
Crash

My build on the Spec 5 looked better but was slower and a test with the Maloo was even slower.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 7:24:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#919 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 11:57:34 PM(UTC)
Had a run out in the Stinger last night.
It didn’t feel that planted given race wide tyres, race weight and full aero. Plus 8 gears from stock gear box makes it hard work in the slower corners. Stats wise it should be a good one, but doesn’t feel that way.

I love the Laguna circuit, but only in a planted car. Wraps come off the M4 tonight.
 1 user liked this post.
#920 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:03:19 AM(UTC)
Yeah, Aston's out. Got sick of [feline]footing the gas , brakes, steering, and language (when my youngest was in the room, at least). Shocking how poorly that car drives. Gonna put it in the "I think there's something wrong with the in-game modeling" category, as I can't believe there's that much of a gulf between the Vantage and everything else even remotely comparable. It's just horrible.

So, M4 it is.

The aforementioned build needed some extra bits to get it up to the PI ceiling, but once there the whole thing came together pretty quickly. Not a lot of ancillary weight reduction options, so there weren't many permutations to go through. Ended up with my standard gear, plus a Race exhaust and clutch. Puts the car at a nice 'n' neat 455 horsepower at 2700 lbs on 275-width tires front and rear. Not sold on the Brabus wheels, but there aren't many options in the weight I need that don't look like something off a '80s "dystopian near future" TV show. Setup was pretty solid right out of the gate, so aside from trying to tame some on-throttle squirreliness I don't see it changing much.

Current best: 1:35.307

==

Edit to add:

Got some time in this morning to refine the setup a bit. The gearing was revised to balance out shift points at various spots around the track, but it didn't really change anything other than the timing. Also added a 6th gear so the car doesn't run out of legs on faster tracks. Transmission should be fairly competent on any track now. Other changes were slightly stiffer springs (and a very slight nudge over to the flat ride side of things) and the addition of some rear toe-in as a stopgap until I can refine the suspension a little better. Setup uploaded as HLC32 MRLS v1.1

New current best: 1:34.786

Watched the replay to get a picture and noticed right away the fronts were still locking up in pretty much every braking zone. Not sure what else v1.2 is going to get, but I've already shifted the bias another click rearward so I don't forget.

Edited by user Sunday, May 31, 2020 4:41:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#921 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:53:26 AM(UTC)
Hi hope it's not too late to enter this comp.

GT: NobleBrick84228

Best time so far on Laguna Seca is a 1:33:893 using Fifty Inch's tune. Very smooth to drive and definitely a lot more time to be had out of it.
#922 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:30:55 AM(UTC)
01:32.3 I think! Shelby Fifty Inch tune
 1 user liked this post.
#923 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 12:41:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NobleBrick84228 Go to Quoted Post
Hi hope it's not too late to enter this comp.

GT: NobleBrick84228

Best time so far on Laguna Seca is a 1:33:893 using Fifty Inch's tune. Very smooth to drive and definitely a lot more time to be had out of it.

Welcome, and thanks for joining in. We'll get you added to our leaderboard, but could you let us know if you use a controller, or wheel, and which view you use (e.g. Chase Far, Bumper Cam etc.). Also expect some friemd requests so we can keep track of your times on the LB.
#924 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 3:31:27 PM(UTC)
I got another PB (barely) today but stuck in mid 1:37s. REALLY struggling now though.... at least a respectable time 😗
#925 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:52:56 AM(UTC)
Had another run at this tonight, was chasing Foot's ghost - De Ja vu lol - anyway as he seemed to be quicker in a straight line than the build I had been using (mine had race tyres but was a little heavy) - tried fifty inch's tune with the street tyres but lighter frame.

I managed to beat Foot & was chasing Beermachine in a BMW - somehow in the process of beating him managed to leap frog a few other chaps - ended up with 1:33.067 - pretty pleased with that for tonight's efforts. Nice tune fifty.
45 Pages<<3536373839>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error