45 Pages<<2930313233>>PrevNext
#751 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 3:28:03 PM(UTC)
I need to tend to RL tomorrow so by virtue of living in the States I will be outta time... tried hard but never found a solution for the frustration that is Sonoma.....

Official time..... Sonoma Full.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Ford Mustang 78.... 1:49:477 😎
#752 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 4:15:28 PM(UTC)
Calling it quits on this one. Got a revised setup uploaded (HLC26 Sonoma v4.0) and managed a (very) slightly better time. Had several runs that would likely have broke into the 1:46 range that I dirtied at one point or another, and just ran out of oomph. Considering how much I loathe the car (the whole division, really) I'm pretty happy with how it drives.

Final time: 1:47.345

Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
I also took a stab at the Mustang II but was surprised at how slow my first few attempts were so I abandoned it and went to bed.

My first test mule for this event was a Mustang II with a LS3, Race weight reduction and Sport chassis bracing, and bone stock rubber. I suppose it was fast for a Pinto, but that's a pretty low bar.
#753 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 5:13:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BHR TRUEbk Go to Quoted Post
fifty inch, I tried you tune the best time I could get was a 1:45.6xx. The car has a lot of rear grip but it understeers a bit much for me on the high-speed turns.

Hey Truebk thanks for checking it out! What turns are you referring to?

The first right turn at the start and the one before the last are two main ones I lose the most time.
#754 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:42:10 PM(UTC)
I managed to complete the review of the Z28's

Chronic Race Tire = Beautiful turn in, I couldn't believe how hard I could drive in and still make the apex. It should have been a new PB but I struggled with what I suspect is a controller biased high brake pressure. Perfect build of forces as you enter and continue through the turn with a near linear correlation between wheel angle and turn rate. How you even get that from a controller tuned setup I'll never know as I doubt I even have three tunes in my whole garage that achieved such force feedback perfection.

J0hn lee = Wonderful wheel tune with perfect ride height, bump, or both because it never once yanked on the wheel over all the bumps, rises, and dips but that hood has to go. I was about 0.5 sec off my pace and blame it all on that hood! It will, however, only affect us running cockpit and driver view. It might have had a little too much grip for my talent as I was slow from turn one and couldn't catch up.

Pinstripes V4 = Sorry I was about a second slower than before and much preferred 3.0 and 3.0a. When I saw the specs with what appeared to be the perfect blend of grip and power I got excited but where the V3's were perfectly balanced with just the right amount of throttle induced oversteer, V4 just felt loose. I struggled on entry and it just didn't have the power to Get-R-Done on the straits and make up for all the tip toeing into the corners. I think I'll hang onto one of the V3's as a lobby racer.

After all the test drives I'm convinced my race tire T/A build was competitive. It just needed a better tune and had nothing to do with the lack of a CSC.
Crash
#755 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:20:03 PM(UTC)
After all the test drives I'm convinced my race tire T/A build was competitive. It just needed a better tune and had nothing to do with the lack of a CSC.
Crash

....👍

DJ Saoco
#756 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:00:26 PM(UTC)

Chronic Race Tire = Beautiful turn in, I couldn't believe how hard I could drive in and still make the apex. It should have been a new PB but I struggled with what I suspect is a controller biased high brake pressure. Perfect build of forces as you enter and continue through the turn with a near linear correlation between wheel angle and turn rate. How you even get that from a controller tuned setup I'll never know as I doubt I even have three tunes in my whole garage that achieved such force feedback perfection.

J0hn lee = Wonderful wheel tune with perfect ride height, bump, or both because it never once yanked on the wheel over all the bumps, rises, and dips but that hood has to go. I was about 0.5 sec off my pace and blame it all on that hood! It will, however, only affect us running cockpit and driver view. It might have had a little too much grip for my talent as I was slow from turn one and couldn't catch up.

Pinstripes V4 = Sorry I was about a second slower than before and much preferred 3.0 and 3.0a. When I saw the specs with what appeared to be the perfect blend of grip and power I got excited but where the V3's were perfectly balanced with just the right amount of throttle induced oversteer, V4 just felt loose. I struggled on entry and it just didn't have the power to Get-R-Done on the straits and make up for all the tip toeing into the corners. I think I'll hang onto one of the V3's as a lobby racer.

Crash

Thank you for the review sir !! I wonder what tune you were driving ? Might have been my v1 grip tune with lower hp I remade the tune to basically same build as bassman but put my tune on it

And ya I run 200% on all my cars ..... once you go 200% on controller you never go back lol

#757 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:13:41 AM(UTC)

Crash

hi crash220, many thanks for your feedback !!, " much appreciated ". the hood i found it easier for me only because i'm driving in cf view, if i get a chances later ill try removing it and see it makes any differences.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:15:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#758 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:10:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chronic 957 Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what tune you were driving ?

"HLC" 218 HP 5.8 grip

Crash
#759 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:28:51 AM(UTC)
I think I'm done for this week. I can't get any faster but I'm way more consistent with my time. I ran 10 laps in a raw within .3 of a second if my fastest lap.
 2 users liked this post.
#760 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 12:05:02 PM(UTC)
Sonoma is a challenge at the best of times, and with none of these cars in the top 100 at the start of the week, we knew it would be difficult to place high! 28 drivers set out to prove us wrong, and 18 of them managed top 100 times. Welcome back Chronic 957.

There was very little to choose between the '79 Camaro, and the '78 Mustang. Both very capable, but just unable to catch the dominant MX-5s and Jeeps.

Rich and xAlea took the top spots driving a '79 Camaro, built and tuned by HLR Bassman. HLR Bubba took the final podium spot driving a '78 Mustang, and in the process winning tier 2 after his brush with Covid 19 cost him his place in tier 1 last week. j0hn lee held off the challenge from SnowmansDad1 and Mr Pinstripes to win tier 3.

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: WIL Rich 92 wins a paint for his 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.

Tier 2: HLR Bubba wins a paint for his 1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra.

Tier 3: j0hn lee wins a paint for his 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.

Tuners Prize: HLR Bassman wins a paint for his 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Connecticut to drive some more classic American muscle. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 27
B Class (B600 Max)
Lime Rock Full Alt
Restricted to any car in the Classic Street Muscle Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 29th April.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But please:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know which driving view you used,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Classic Street Muscle Cars

1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350
1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
1970 Buick GSX
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 FE
1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible Barrett-Jackson Edition
1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396
1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1968 Holden Monaro GTS 327

It's been a while since we ran these cars, C500 in Season 1, A700 in Season 2, so B600 was the obvious choice!
 1 user liked this post.
#761 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 12:05:24 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 27. Good Luck!

PRKid

[/url]

Edited by user Wednesday, April 22, 2020 12:15:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#762 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:40:18 PM(UTC)
BM of 1:07:496 in a Holden GTS 68 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#763 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 2:42:08 PM(UTC)
Really wish that '68 Holden wasn't DLC. It looks pretty promising mechanically and not entirely stupid visually. I've tried the '73 and just can't seem to do anything with it. Will likely end up in a Valiant because I can drop a high-revving V6 (correction: I6) in it and not have another front-heavy tractor to drive around.

@ Crash: You want me to open source any of those setups? I still have all three saved (plus a fourth that splits the difference with 240 horses and Sport tires), so if you want any of 'em I'll post 'em.

==

'73 Holden it is. Worked up a standard-issue "all the tuneybits and everything that moves the car closer to 50/50 weight distribution" build for that, the Valiant (terrible handling lump of a car), and the CHEVELLE SUPER SPORT 454 BIG BLOCK HEMI CUDA V8 POWER! (which somehow handled much better than the Valiant, despite having a hundred more horsepower and skinnier, unsquare tires). Think if I could stick something like a Rover V8 in that Chevelle (-400 lbs over the front axle, give or take) I might have rolled with that; the burgundy metallic over white stripes is mighty striking.

Initial setup for the Monaro's uploaded. HLC27 LRAlt v1.0. LS3 swap, Street rubber, faux 4-speed dog box (1-3 only on this track), the usual.

Current best: 1:04.623

Edited by user Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:23:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#764 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:37:11 PM(UTC)
My first go with the Holden 01:01.689 with my own tune, not shared yet.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 22, 2020 4:26:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#765 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:59:03 PM(UTC)
I love building super gripy muscle cars 👍🏼 And great choice on the track

Ran a couple laps for my first time this week

1:01.592 in a Chrysler Valiant

I built up 4 different cars for anyone looking to drive something built for this HLC. All cars are pretty much exact same builds 100% grip tunes

Tunes shared: under v1 HLC

1# Chrysler valiant

2# Holden GTS 350

3# Holden GTS 327

4# 1970 Chevelle Ss

Edited by user Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:22:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#766 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:37:58 PM(UTC)
[quote=Mr Pinstripes;1157667]@ Crash: You want me to open source any of those setups? /quote]

Not necessary, I'll drive the one I downloaded.

Now to figure out which car....??? A whole bunch of really good speed cars on another grip track. Well at least the "ALT" gives power a chance. I'm guessing the Valiant or one of the Holdens will win this. A Chevelle or Plymouth wouldn't surprise me. To be honest I have no idea which one might make a good grip/accel car. I have a good C500 GSX that should be a quick rebuilt but as one of the great Daytona cars I suspect this track will just be wrong for any GSX build. Where is Swerve with his OLDS?

Crash
 1 user liked this post.
#767 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:54:14 AM(UTC)
Holden 01:01.599 tune shared. I have v1 and v2. I ran a faster time with v2 but they feel about the same to me. same suspension settings on both.

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 4:37:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#768 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:11:32 PM(UTC)
Using Chronic 957's Valiant tune - 1:04.076
 1 user liked this post.
#769 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:17:30 PM(UTC)
Initial runs put me at 1:03.071 in the '69 GTO.

Snowman
#770 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:39:45 PM(UTC)
I'm guessing the Valiant or one of the Holdens will win this. A Chevelle or Plymouth wouldn't surprise me.

Who will be the "Judge" of that!! ....🤔....

To be honest I have no idea which one might make a good grip/accel car.

Seems most (actually, the majority) with the proper build!

Where is Swerve with his OLDS?

Yeah, now we're talking! We need him back, PRONTO!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#771 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:40:10 PM(UTC)
1:02.990 Buick GSX (drive-able but I wouldn't call it "tuned" yet)

I almost abandoned it at 1:03.3 with all the 1:01's but then I tried a few of the other shared setups and was slower so I guess I'm just slow.....

Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

It's silly..... with a garage full of Pontiac's I have never managed to make a good GOAT.

Crash

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:03:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#772 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:19:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

It's silly..... with a garage full of Pontiac's I have never managed to make a good GOAT.

Crash

....✅....😂..

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#773 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 4:54:58 AM(UTC)
Currently 1:04:817 in 73 Monaro.... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#774 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 6:50:21 AM(UTC)
01:01.956 Valiant in Chronic's tune. Real sweet tune fella. Cheers 👍

Used controller and hood view in this one !

01:01.7 👍

Edited by user Friday, April 24, 2020 10:12:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#775 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 10:10:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Count Russcular Go to Quoted Post
Used controller and hood view in this one !

Thanks! We will only keep track of your "Primary" options for both hardware/view. Hard to keep track if we need to change them (worst case) weekly.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
45 Pages<<2930313233>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error