This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#626 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 12:52:16 PM(UTC)
All I have to say is WOW! 😳. I thought I had hit it big with the Elan and also the Fiat 124. Then I drove the Cosmo tuned by ‘SnoopSkunk V2’ and was blown away! I botched one shift at bottom of mountain but scored another PB. 2:00:930 😎
 3 users liked this post.
#627 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:22:48 PM(UTC)
Any one else notice this problem with their Cosmo?

Not sure whether I'm too heavy on the gas pedal, but it looks like I need some work on the floor of the car!
 2 users liked this post.
#628 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:47:01 PM(UTC)
Going to roll in the Alfa GTA for this one. Cortina was not happy being brought back that close to stock but the Alfa seemed to revel in it. Not going to be getting anywhere near a leaderboard time this time 'round; it's pretty obvious aero is going to be king on Merge!: The Real Highway Interchange Simulator.

Will get around to a proper writeup later on. Going to be off work again starting Monday, so I should have a bit of time. Wish they'd make up their minds.

Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Not sure whether I'm too heavy on the gas pedal, but it looks like I need some work on the floor of the car!

Yabba-dabba-do!
 1 user liked this post.
#629 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:57:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Any one else notice this problem with their Cosmo?

Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Yabba-dabba-do!

.....🛒.......😂

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#630 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 2:34:42 PM(UTC)
My thoughts on Dubai:

3 left into
3 right
3 right into
3 left into
3 right long into
3 left into
3 right into
4 left
3 left into
3 right very long
4 right into
4 left
4 right into
4 left
4 left into
3 right very long
over finish!

...no "don't cut"s, no "caution: bump", no "over crest"; nothing. Worst. Track. Ever. Or at least the sleepiest.

That said, the Alfa's a riot. Absolutely gorgeous car, too. Tried a few basic build iterations (lightweight, all tire, all power, etc.) and settled on sorta-balanced build on Street compound tires. Got enough grip to hold on all those 3rd gear sweepers, but will still develop some slip angle if you're chucking it hard enough. Would like a touch more power (125 would be about ideal, I think), but the PI ceiling wouldn't allow it. The dummy setup I was using for the initial testing was a bit squirrely (mostly because it was at something like 2.31 Hz front and 2.41 Hz rear), but other than that worked well enough to give me a solid starting point for the initial setup. Transmission's a five speed this time around; powerband's between 5,500 and 6,500, but going a bit under or over doesn't kill your momentum too badly.

Setup uploaded as HLC24 DUHbai 1.0 if anyone who hasn't run a Cosmo already wants to join me at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Current best: 1:57.430

2 users liked this post.
#631 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 7:57:01 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile! I thought I'd try a few laps and got a 1:56.349 in the Cosmo with the SnoopSkunk V2 tune.

I hope all is well with you. Stay safe and stay hunkered! :-)

Regards,
Snowman
 2 users liked this post.
#632 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:48:51 AM(UTC)
A shoutout to all HLC participants! You guys give me some real competition. You really need to bring your best car, your best tune and your best driving skills to at least somewhat keep up.

Thanks for running the comp to Moss & Kid, still learning incredibly much.

And last but not least - it’s a ton of fun, especially in this “home office” time. 😏

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:51:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#633 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:22:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
A shoutout to all HLC participants! You guys give me some real competition. You really need to bring your best car, your best tune and your best driving skills to at least somewhat keep up.

Thanks for running the comp to Moss & Kid, still learning incredibly much.

And last but not least - it’s a ton of fun, especially in this “home office” time. 😏

Thanks for shoutout to all, along with feedback, much appreciated! Very glad you are enjoying the events!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#634 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:24:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnowmansDad1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile! I thought I'd try a few laps and got a 1:56.349 in the Cosmo with the SnoopSkunk V2 tune.

I hope all is well with you. Stay safe and stay hunkered! :-)

Regards,
Snowman

Welcome back Snowman, glad you were able to join in the fun again! You stay safe as well my friend!

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#635 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:30:01 PM(UTC)
Me and rich are both going to run a few laps via are twitch channels if anyone is wanting a bit of an insite. If not they should be a vod after we've finished.

Mine: https://www.twitch.tv/jparrott46

Rich: https://www.twitch.tv/richardmills92

Twitter @J_Parrott92
Twitch JParrott46
 1 user liked this post.
#636 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JParrott 46 Go to Quoted Post
Me and rich are both going to run a few laps via are twitch channels if anyone is wanting a bit of an insite. If not they should be a vod after we've finished.

Mine: https://www.twitch.tv/jparrott46

Rich: https://www.twitch.tv/richardmills92

....👍 GREAT job!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#637 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:25:46 PM(UTC)
I lowered my time to 1:55.167 in the Cosmo. Sooo close to Crash! :-)

Cheers!

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:50:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#638 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:31:33 PM(UTC)
I managed to get a few laps in yesterday and see PRKid has got me back on the board, but I’m using controller once again having packed my wheel away to make a home office! Otherwise I’d be dead last I’m sure lol... please update me 😉
15/15 = 93%
 2 users liked this post.
#639 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:43:40 AM(UTC)
Constantly knocking on the door of 56s, but just can't quite get there - still at 1:57.1
 1 user liked this post.
#640 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 10:11:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SnowmansDad1 Go to Quoted Post
I lowered my time to 1:55.167 in the Cosmo. Sooo close to Crash! :-)

Cheers!

.........👍 Go get him!

Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
I managed to get a few laps in yesterday and see PRKid has got me back on the board, but I’m using controller once again having packed my wheel away to make a home office! Otherwise I’d be dead last I’m sure lol... please update me 😉

Nice run! I'll make the correction! Thanks for the heads-up!

Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Constantly knocking on the door of 56s, but just can't quite get there - still at 1:57.1

.........👍 Come on, you can do it! Good luck!

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#641 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 1:09:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Still knocking on the door. Tried the top 2 tunes, tried my own slightly heavier build and still running 57.2s and 57.3s
 1 user liked this post.
#642 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 5:25:03 PM(UTC)
I spent a good bit of time tweaking my Cosmo tune this week. Started with SnoopSkunk then tried a number of variations. I picked up several seconds. I keep trying to find a more optimum gearing but kept coming back to the stock box with more rubber or power. Gearing is not optimum but overall package seems to be faster around this track for me. Tune shared as HLR HLC V1.1. I have a tuning question - Does the order that you upgrade things affect the PI ? In other words - do I end up with a slightly different PI if I add power first or last ? Or is it the same PI for the same combination regardless of order ? I always assumed the order doesn't matter but I am starting to wonder if there is some interaction.
 1 user liked this post.
#643 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 6:30:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stratocat65 Go to Quoted Post
I have a tuning question - Does the order that you upgrade things affect the PI ? In other words - do I end up with a slightly different PI if I add power first or last ? Or is it the same PI for the same combination regardless of order ? I always assumed the order doesn't matter but I am starting to wonder if there is some interaction.

Bottom line....It does NOT matter! Yet, you will see variations of PI for certain upgrades per the sequence in which you do upgrade (it that makes sense). For an identical build, it does not matter the sequence.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#644 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 8:42:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stratocat65 Go to Quoted Post
I have a tuning question - Does the order that you upgrade things affect the PI ? In other words - do I end up with a slightly different PI if I add power first or last ? Or is it the same PI for the same combination regardless of order ? I always assumed the order doesn't matter but I am starting to wonder if there is some interaction.

Bottom line....It does NOT matter! Yet, you will see variations of PI for certain upgrades per the sequence in which you do upgrade (it that makes sense). For an identical build, it does not matter the sequence.

PRKid

Kid - You have saved me a lot of time experimenting to find the answer. I was noticing what I thought were differences in sequence but I never took the time to follow it through. Makes perfect sense - Thanks
 1 user liked this post.
#645 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 11:38:19 AM(UTC)

Still knocking on the door. Tried the top 2 tunes, tried my own slightly heavier build and still running 57.2s and 57.3s

You got it! Persistence/belief certainly pays off! Congrats!

PRKid
p.s. Will check your VID in a bit.
EDIT = Feedback sent via Messages.

Edited by user Monday, April 6, 2020 3:11:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#646 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 7:06:30 AM(UTC)
It was humming today on the mountain..... 👍

Official time.... Dubai Mtn..... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Mazda Cosmo..... 1:57:318 😎

2 users liked this post.
#647 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:11:14 PM(UTC)
Dubai Mountain made a pleasant change from Sebring, and fair to say that the leaderboard has been transformed. Our top 3 drivers passed the previous #1, 9 drivers made the top 10, and 15 drivers made the top 20. An outstanding week!

The Mazda Cosmo was predictably the strongest car in the division, but minsons proved that the Fiat 124 Sport Spider was very competitive.

Rich won again, from xAlea, and PRKid, all 3 breaking 1:51 in the Mazda Cosmo. fifty inch reclaimed his tier 1 status, and j0hn lee won tier 3 using his own setup. Well done j0hn!

Good to see the participation back up to 30 drivers. Welcome F4R Float, welcome back HLR Bassman, and Smoke5495, and congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: WIL Rich 92 wins a paint for his 1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S.

Tier 2: fifty inch wins a paint for his 1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S.

Tier 3: j0hn lee wins a paint for his 1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S.

Tuners Prize: HLR Bassman wins a paint for his Mazda Cosmo.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Italy to drive some fast prototype cars. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 25
P Class (P998 Max)
Mugello Full
Restricted to any car in the Early Prototype Racers Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 15th April.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know which driving view you used,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

Anyone that watched Rich's video will have heard him expressing interest in knowing the driving views being used by our drivers. We also thought it would be cool to add it to our leaderboard. Can you please let us know which view you use on your next post?

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Early Prototype Racers

1999 BMW #16 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
1999 BMW #15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMR
1998 Ferrari #30 MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP
1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
1993 Peugeot Talbot Sport 905 EVO 1C
1992 Toyota #99 All American Racers Toyota Eagle Mk III
1991 Mazda #55 Mazda 787B
1991 Mazda #18 Mazdaspeed 787B
1991 Nissan #23 Nissan R91CP
1989 Mercedes-Benz #63 Sauber-Mercedes C 9
1989 Aston Martin #18 Aston Martin AMR1
1988 Jaguar #1 Jaguar Racing XJR-9
1988 Jaguar #60 Castrol Jaguar Racing XJR-9
1988 Porsche #17 Porsche Dunlop 962C
1987 Porsche #17 Porsche AG 962C
1985 Nissan #83 Electramotive Engineering GTP ZX-Turbo
1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5

We last ran these cars at Monza, where the Porsches were dominant. Mugello should level the playing field and bring a few other cars into contention.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2020 5:52:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#648 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:11:48 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 25. Best of Luck!

PRKId

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:21:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#649 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
I always use far chase view for maximum speed! 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#650 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
I always use the cockpit view, don't know to drive otherwise.
45 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error