45 Pages<<2021222324>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#526 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 5:02:10 PM(UTC)
I finally took the plunge, so you can mark me down as a wheel user. I got a banker lap in on the controller, so hopefully I can beat that this weekend. Good thing we aren’t P class this round!
#527 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 6:09:00 AM(UTC)
Made a few adjustments to the setup. Spring rate's down to 1.75F/1.77R, and the game won't let me lower it much further. The car just barely stays off the bumps on Rio, though, which means it should be good for anything in the game. Tweaked the ARBs a bit, as well. I briefly tested out a 5-speed build, but after running it a bit noticed I was only using 2nd-5th, so I went back and reworked it as a stand-alone 4-speed. It's ever-so-slightly slower exiting the hairpin at the end of the ubersweeper than the original 4-speed, but I have to shift at least two less times overall and the powerband coverage is much better for the entirety of the track. I'll call that a win.

Car's pretty well sorted, so unless I have an epiphany about something-or-other the setup should be done. Uploaded as HLC19 HH v1.3. Got a 2:04.3 that would have been clean (as far as I could tell) if I hadn't dirtied the previous lap on turn 11 (the right hander right after the final checkpoint), so I'm hoping I can get some seat time in tomorrow and maybe break into the 2:03 range. We'll see.

Current least-worst: 2:04.815 ~ 170 miles, 2h 10m.

Originally Posted by: TJToliver Go to Quoted Post
I finally took the plunge, so you can mark me down as a wheel user. I got a banker lap in on the controller, so hopefully I can beat that this weekend. Good thing we aren’t P class this round!

It's worth it to go through the in-game settings and tinker around with them one at a time to get a feel for what they do. It took me quite a bit of experimentation to find a setup I was happy with. Regardless, enjoy the wheel. The game's way more enjoyable with one, regardless of how competitive it may or may not be.
 1 user liked this post.
#528 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 12:17:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
It's worth it to go through the in-game settings and tinker around with them one at a time to get a feel for what they do. It took me quite a bit of experimentation to find a setup I was happy with. Regardless, enjoy the wheel. The game's way more enjoyable with one, regardless of how competitive it may or may not be.

Thanks Mr. P.! I like to win, but I love to drive. I spent probably 3 or so hours with it last night. I’m 3 seconds off my previous best, but I had an absolute blast.

I’m still getting the redneck chassis sorted out. Currently, my legs are bunched up like I’m in a single seater.
 1 user liked this post.
#529 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 1:31:55 PM(UTC)
15 laps today... pretty knackered. 2:07:272 dirty..... 😢

1 user liked this post.
#530 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 6:15:46 AM(UTC)
After pushing a bit harder through several sections, I decided an adjustment to gearing wasn't a bad idea. First is a bit lower, second and third a very tiny amount higher, and fourth a moderate amount higher. Car doesn't bounce off the rev limiter if you get a good run on one of the straights anymore (at least not when I'm driving it). Also raised the tire pressure to 29.5 F/R and strengthened the Accel on the differential a bit to see if I couldn't get better pull coming out of the hairpin. Setup uploaded as HLC19 HH v1.4.

Current best: 2:04.145 ~ 240 miles, 3h 03m

Still haven't seen the south side of 2:04, but it's just a matter of seat time at this point. Not sure I'll get it, but we'll see.
 1 user liked this post.
#531 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 12:47:44 PM(UTC)
2 PBs today.... finished with 2:08:169 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#532 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 9:58:46 AM(UTC)
Hit it BIG today..... 2:07:402! 😎
#533 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 8:55:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Hit it BIG today..... 2:07:402! 😎

GREAT job Burnin!.......👍

DJ Saoco
#534 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:55:57 AM(UTC)
Anyone aware of glitch or reason for preventing me from equipping upgrades? I was attempting a build of the vette and I wanted to equip the supercharger, which was purchased when I installed a downloaded tune. I hit the button to equip it and nothing happens. It shows it is owned, but wont allow me to equip it. Really odd. I reset the game, console, and even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to no avail. Still doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 1 user liked this post.
#535 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 10:21:30 AM(UTC)
This is a known issue. You have to sell the car and repurchase it in order to be able to install the supercharger upgrade again.

Make sure though that you don’t load a tune that uses the supercharger upgrade in between. Otherwise you run into the same cycle again.
#536 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:51:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HET9Zombie7 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone aware of glitch or reason for preventing me from equipping upgrades? I was attempting a build of the vette and I wanted to equip the supercharger, which was purchased when I installed a downloaded tune. I hit the button to equip it and nothing happens. It shows it is owned, but wont allow me to equip it. Really odd. I reset the game, console, and even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to no avail. Still doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This glitch has been present in every FM game. It only affects aspiration conversions, but like fifty inch said, if you load a setup that uses an aspiration conversion before equipping it yourself, the car is permanently damaged. Make sure you buy all the conversions yourself before loading any setups.
#537 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:41:22 PM(UTC)
As much fun as it is to throw an American icon around a German iconic ribbon... 🧐.... I have been fruitlessly chasing my ghost in pursuit of a PB that was not to be. And I hate to admit it... but that tells me I’m at my talent limit. Sooooo......

Official time... Hockenheimring..... HLR BURNINASPHALT... Corvette 53.... 2:07:402
 1 user liked this post.
#538 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:09:09 PM(UTC)
Trying to compete on Tier 3 with @Mr Pinstripes... A couple of Coupes leading the way on Tier 3 2:03.480

Tune shared as "HLR HLC"

Edited by user Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:12:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#539 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 9:20:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o Okierican o Go to Quoted Post
Trying to compete on Tier 3 with @Mr Pinstripes... A couple of Coupes leading the way on Tier 3 2:03.480

Tune shared as "HLR HLC"

AWESOME.....🚙.....🚗..........! Great job on both your runs.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 3, 2020 9:21:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#540 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:04:17 PM(UTC)
That turned into quite a week! Five of our drivers claimed top 10 positions with xAlea Jacta Est, and THR Rich having an exciting battle for top spot. The lead changed hands several times with xAlea taking the win by less than a tenth of a second.

Third place went to minsons, with PRKid and Bubba also claiming top 10 positions.

fifty inch had another good week, not only winning tier 2, but also creating the setup that Rich used in his battle with xAlea.

Tier 3 turned into a battle of the Ford Coupes. Okierican winning out in the Five-Window.

Only 23 drivers this week, but some excellent driving! .

Congratulations to all our winners.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Our winners:

Tier 1: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1953 Chevrolet Corvette.

Tier 2: fifty inch wins a paint for his 1953 Chevrolet Corvette.

Tier 3: o Okierican o wins a paint for his 1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe.

Tuners Prize: fifty inch wins a paint for any other car from the division. Let me know if you would like this livery on any of the other cars.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are returning to Germany to drive some vintage GT racers. Good luck!

FM7, Series 3, Event 20
A Class (A700 Max)
Nurburgring GP Night
Restricted to any car in the Vintage GT Racing Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 11th March.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Set your times in Rivals mode,
* Let us know if you play with a wheel,
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Vintage GT Racing Cars

1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
1967 Nissan R380 II
1966 Porsche Carrera 6
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
1964 Porsche Carrera GTS
1963 Ferrari 250 LM
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1957 Maserati 300S
1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
1956 Jaguar D-Type
1956 Lotus Eleven
1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial

We last ran these cars at Road Atlanta in S class. The two Porsches came out top there, despite many drivers opting to run the Alfa 33 Stradale.
 1 user liked this post.
#541 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:04:40 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 20. Good Luck everyone!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:12:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#542 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:30:03 PM(UTC)
Apparently Okie does, indeed, have the fastest set of wheels in town. Didn't get a chance to try, but I don't think it would have made much difference. 2:03.4's a pretty high bar for such ancient iron.

So, on to this week. 250 GTO, either Shelby, or the Aston Martin. Maybe the 300S. Already have two liveries for the Cobra (replicas of both cars that ran in the '63 Le Mans), so that's probably out. Will fiddle with the others and see which strikes my fancy. May end up in the Cobra anyways, because it's probably the single coolest car ever produced and I have a hard time not driving it when it's an option. Would prefer a slabside 289 over the 427 S/C, but I'll take what I can get.

Oh, yeah. And the Nurburgring GP is a great track. Should go great at A700, too. Gonna be a fun week.

==

Edit to add:

Night. Gotta run night. Can't come within a country mile of that stupid Cayman time I put up on the day track last season.

Waffling between the Aston Martin and the Daytona. The 250 GTO does not impress in stock form (though it's very pretty), and the 300S was unengaging (though also very pretty). Aston's a bit of a squirrely beast, the Daytona's a bit more calm and collected. Best I've been able to scrape out in either is around 2:13 (on the daytime track...), but I'm sure with a bit of tinkering I can get it down a bit.

Full disclosure: I may very well end up in a stock tire compound Aston with that absolutely bazonkers 4.5L V8 in it. Tried it out and it was like driving a meth-addled squirrel with model rockets strapped to its feet. Not competitive, but oh-so-fun.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 4, 2020 4:53:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#543 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 5:37:27 PM(UTC)

Oh, yeah. And the Nurburgring GP is a great track. Should go great at A700, too. Gonna be a fun week.

Night. Gotta run night

.........👍...............🚦....🚗..🚙..........................🚓.👮‍♂️.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 4, 2020 5:38:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#544 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 3:22:55 PM(UTC)
‘Driving like a banshee plowing through the night..... as the darkness rises in me ! ‘ Set to tune of the “Imperial March”. 🎤

4 PBs today.... finished strong with 2:14:294 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#545 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 7:32:47 AM(UTC)
Before I even get started, everyone needs to do themselves a favor:

Go into your HUD options, turn all the video gamey screen clutter off (racing line, track limits, lap timer, ghosts; the works), switch over to cockpit or driver view (even if you usually use chase cam), and turn a few laps. T10 did a great job replicating how driving at night looks, and pushing hard in actual-factual pitch black conditions is both terrifying and exhilarating. Highly recommended.

==

OK, now onto the nuts 'n' bolts section of my post:

Took a while, but I finally got a clean lap in the Daytona. Think I'm going to roll with that, as I'm just not feeling a hectic ride this week. Build's pretty basic; all the tuneybits, squareish race rubber, and a nice balance of extra power and lightweight bits to bring it up to the PI ceiling. For aesthetics (and historical accuracy) I'd have preferred to keep the car at stock power, but that required adding everything else (including the kitchen sink) and I'm not sold on the full roll cage with this car. Seems to hurt its personality more than it helps its performance. Initial setup was pretty loose, so once I got a replay I could study I made a few adjustments to settle the car down. ARB split is pretty wide (30F/10R) and the differential is a lot stronger than I usually set it (80A/40D). Still some work to be done on the setup, and I for sure need some seat time to improve my own lines.

Setup is uploaded as HLC20 NGP v1.0. Should anyone care to try it, two things to keep in mind: The brakes are phenomenal (even if they're not optimized quite yet) and the loud pedal hates you and wants you to die. Bomb in on entry, and be vewwy, vewwy careful on exit.

Current best: 2:12.708
#546 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 11:13:42 AM(UTC)

Before I even get started, everyone needs to do themselves a favor:

Go into your HUD options, turn all the video gamey screen clutter off (racing line, track limits, lap timer, ghosts; the works), switch over to cockpit or driver view (even if you usually use chase cam), and turn a few laps. T10 did a great job replicating how driving at night looks, and pushing hard in actual-factual pitch black conditions is both terrifying and exhilarating. Highly recommended.

......✅............👍......😎

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#547 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 6:42:03 PM(UTC)
After much hard and fast running... I seem to have found my ‘WALL’..... 2:12s

Currently just north languishing around 2:13:1xx..... not giving up hardly.... 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#548 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 6:24:28 AM(UTC)

Spent most of the morning tinkering with various settings (pretty much everything except tire pressure, camber, and gearing) trying to get the car to settle better under heavy throttle. None of my go-to methods were helping much, so I turned to toe. I tend to shy away from anything other than zero toe, but after running a few laps testing the effects of both front and rear I decided the car needed it. Ended up at +0.2 front (helps calm down the razor-sharp turn-in) and -1.0 rear (keeps the car pointed mostly forwards at WOT). There's still a bit of overzealousness in the car's handling now, but it's a lot less binary than it was. Got a good few laps in and was consistently able to match my previous best time, so it seems to have helped. Setup is uploaded as HLC20 NGP v1.3.

Current best: 2:11.409

There's a 2:10 in me, but I don't expect to get the time to hit it.
 1 user liked this post.
#549 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 7:16:40 AM(UTC)
2:07.1 in Fifty's 33 Stradale.👍
 2 users liked this post.
#550 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 2:24:34 PM(UTC)
Broke thru wall today with 2:12:485. This just might be my final time because RL insures that I will get no Forza time on Wednesday so going to have to pull out the stops tomorrow.
45 Pages<<2021222324>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error