This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<345Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 8:02:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
Stock 2016 911 GT3 RS. Because this car has a PI that is almost close to S1, drivatar is also slower.
And this car has a great grip, so you can drive it almost like an AWD car. Probably the most suitable car for beginners.

If anyone is still having trouble with the RR spotlight, I shared my "RR Autumn 901" tune for the 16 911 GT3 RS.
As stated above this car is great for RWD beginners, and with a PI just over the line at 901 you will end up racing against an easy mix S1 and S2.
Hope this helps.
#102 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 9:21:19 AM(UTC)
I managed to finish the RR spotlight. But it was not pleasant. "Neunelfer" at least let you do a AWD conversion, which I think helped, since I got that one done in one.

One of the things I've started to notice with Porches, (or their video game iterations, at least, since, let's face it, I don't see me driving one in real life anytime soon, and certainly not past highway speeds) is that their weight distribution makes it tricky to tune for, especially using beginners level tuning tricks. And it really shows in this championship. Rear wheel and rear engine with a wildly varrying weight distribution makes for a very slidey, tail happy car, with not enough weight or downforce in the front to counterbalance it. And having it at the top of S2 only compounds the effect.

In contrast with the road tune that I made for the Carrera, which I kept at S1. It was still a little slidey, but manageable.

And this is the second weekly Forzathon featuring a classic Porche where my rally tune did decent on dirt, but got passed like it was standing still on asphalt. Whether or not the joke applies that dirt races are 80% asphalt, you certainly do notice it when it's to your disadvantage. I ended up doing all 4 races on Fortune Island just to have enough dirt track to keep up.
#103 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 10:09:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sp4nkn88 Go to Quoted Post
Why does the championship have to be S2 Street Scene? I despise driving S2 I have much more fun in the lower classes S1 is the highest I will go. I really wanted the 356 SL however I will have to miss out as I am not up to earning this, had 3 goes at it but only managed second now I do not have any time left and also can not be bothered with it as in my opinion PG sucked the fun out of those 2 championships for me. Hopefully next week will be better.

While I was able to complete all championships, I must admit that S2 ain't my thing really. For this playlist we had Trial and Community Championship at S1. I did Community champ last (with 'Vette and Viper). It felt like a relief after doing two S2 events. So for me Community championship was the most enjoyable S1 and only one I replayed from this Playlist. It was actually pretty awesome with DD Mustang.

S1 Trial wasn't that bad, I seen there are players who say first race is unwinnable but it isn't. Won it 2 times out of 3 attempts and on third time there was fast player in our team on first position and I was quite happy to take second position, all towards team win and winning that on 3rd attempt wasn't that bad but I think I got lucky with team I got on third attempt.

RR Challenge and other one on S2 so entire Playlist focused higher classes and obviously there is audience for this, but too much is too much.

Try choosing an s2 car that is low 900..like 904 or 908 ..and you are almost doing it in s1
The drivatars try to match your car level

Talby, I completed these event on Pro with stock Porsche and even posted a guide about it, so what exactly is the context here why you are quoting me?

Being able to do something doesn't mean it's always enjoyable. My favourite championship so far was Street Race Championship with 5 races and that was A class. Some of us just like it that way.
#104 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 10:44:39 AM(UTC)
I hated the RR championship and I did it with a high rated S2, just for the challenge of trying to tune it. Needless to say I wont be using a RR in any online adventure lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#105 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 12:57:12 PM(UTC)

Talby, I completed these event on Pro with stock Porsche and even posted a guide about it, so what exactly is the context here why you are quoting me?

Being able to do something doesn't mean it's always enjoyable. My favourite championship so far was Street Race Championship with 5 races and that was A class. Some of us just like it that way.

Talby's reply seems relatively self explanatory.

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 1:45:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 12:57:31 PM(UTC)
[quote=Sp4nkn88;1127047]
S1 Trial wasn't that bad, I seen there are players who say first race is unwinnable but it isn't. Won it 2 times out of 3 attempts and on third time there was fast player in our team on first position and I was quite happy to take second position, all towards team win and winning that on 3rd attempt wasn't that bad but I think I got lucky with team I got on third attempt.

This trial is a nightmare for me. I tried it 5 times on Friday, and the first race went exactly the same every time. 2 or 3 AI shoot out of the gate and have a gap in 1/2 a lap. On the first corner, one of my teammates hits me in the back or T-bones me in the apex. Also, one teammate spins out in the first 200 yards. By lap 3, I'm the only one scoring points and the lead 2 or 3 AI are gone. When you see this exact scenario 5 times in a row, you start to question why you bother with the playlist. This isn't "challenging", it's a waste of time. I've 100% every playlist that's been out, but this event might break the streak. I'll give it a go a few times tomorrow, but maybe this is a sign it's time for me to move on.
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 1:37:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NickBuckeye Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Sp4nkn88;1127047]

This trial is a nightmare for me. I tried it 5 times on Friday, and the first race went exactly the same every time. 2 or 3 AI shoot out of the gate and have a gap in 1/2 a lap. On the first corner, one of my teammates hits me in the back or T-bones me in the apex. Also, one teammate spins out in the first 200 yards. By lap 3, I'm the only one scoring points and the lead 2 or 3 AI are gone. When you see this exact scenario 5 times in a row, you start to question why you bother with the playlist. This isn't "challenging", it's a waste of time. I've 100% every playlist that's been out, but this event might break the streak. I'll give it a go a few times tomorrow, but maybe this is a sign it's time for me to move on.

I'll help anyone who wants to get this done. I was lucky enough to get it done on 2 tries but I had a buddy help me. I'm always online so just look for me under the same name. Message me first otherwise i'll ignore your invite lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 1:51:42 PM(UTC)
Happy to do the same as DaReo - I’m not as quick as him
and probably not online quite as much but I’m competent enough to beat the drivatars at this event.
 2 users liked this post.
#109 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 4:38:13 PM(UTC)
This week was a hot pile of garbage. That is all.
#110 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:20:12 PM(UTC)
[quote=Sp4nkn88;1127047]

Have to agree with you there. I did mine within minutes of it changing seasons so i guess i had some good drivers and we won 3 - 0. Have since done it around 14 times now with a 9 win 5 lose record.

Went on again yesterday and noticed straight away other drivers were a) very poor at driving RWD or b) very selfish in wanting to be lead no matter what the cost.

Any hard knock from a fellow driver (or drivatar) on a corner sends you spinning. I have corrected a couple of times but not much.

Once you have that happen then you can basically kiss goodbye any chance of getting a decent finish.

Example was yesterday. 1st round i won but had second place constantly trying to edge me out on corners which very nearly resulted in spinning out a few times. (we won that round)

2nd round i was T-boned on a corner by a fellow driver going like a bat out of hell into it, i was relegated to 8th from 2nd. I made my way back and eventually finished 2nd but fellow team mates spun out all over the place and we lost that round.

3rd deciding round and i get off to a good start. By second lap i have come up to 3rd closing in on 2nd and the lead. On third lap halfway through i have taken second and we lead by a couple hundred points. Am gaining on lead and can take him on the s bend before final straight and what do you think happens? Yes, 3rd place decides to edge inside and spins me into a wall. I fell down to 12th and the round was lost.

That driver was willing to lose the championship for everyone because they wanted to be first. I really felt for other drivers who may have been at it all day and had a whiff only for some idiot to ruin it.

Decided not to do the Trial again and may help tomorrow if i feel the need to play with idiotic drivers..............
 1 user liked this post.
#111 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:25:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Happy to do the same as DaReo - I’m not as quick as him
and probably not online quite as much but I’m competent enough to beat the drivatars at this event.

Same here. If I'm on and you want to run the trial hit me up. Got lucky early last week when the season changed and got it out of the way first thing. I don't mind helping out if anyone still needs to get it done.
#112 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 11:38:09 PM(UTC)
Perhaps no one buys it, but will they continue to sell Camaro?
When they accidentally sold the Capri FE or R34, it was fixed immediately. But Camaro, which is clearly priced incorrectly, is still not fixed. An interesting joke.
#113 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:09:01 AM(UTC)
When they accidentally sold the Capri FE or R34, it was fixed immediately. But Camaro, which is clearly priced incorrectly, is still not fixed. An interesting joke.

You arent forced to buy it are you
Yep pointless to buy it
Will be changed when end of week as usual
#114 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:19:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Talby's reply seems relatively self explanatory.

Stock Porsche I used is S2 915, so lower end of S2, so I'm being told basically to do what I already did and recommended for others on page 1.

[quote=Sp4nkn88;1127047]

Didn't had any time to even fire up the game today sorry, but one of the important things for winning is patience. There's this saying, you don't win in the first corner, but in this race it's more like you are likely no going to win it on first lap or even on second. Caterham is tricky and takes some concentration to drive fast and there are only so many places where you can safely pass. There are however only 6 Drivatars, and it doesn't matter if you make your last pass during the last lap. Points matter.

For second race, it's actually winnable with stock gear ratios, again patience is the key. This is probably route that is most to Drivatars advantage but don't lose hope if they gain bit of lead on some long straight sections, they always slow down on tighter bends. I won this when I was patient with drafting and didn't pushed harder even if Drivatar(s) got a way a bit on some sections. I passed leading Drivatar in long bend turning right, pretty close to end.

For last race, depending from which row you start, you may pass Drivatar or two on first turns if you run the on the flags, too much speed or too aggressive line leads on some soft obstacles on right side of track slowing you down though. There's another very good passing opportunity on last bend before small straight section going uphill. You can win a lot on small curves after the hill, but don't go too hot to last curve turning to left and final straight or you risk losing time and won't be able to draft Drivatars on that straight. Drivatars are strong on that straight so if you are using stock gear rations, no chance to pass here and since you come to curves again right after starting lap again, you have now a lot of speed passing there may perhaps be bit risky, so wait for other places mentioned earlier, if you aren't sure.

The most important thing is however like always, keep in mind that it's team points that decide.

Best of luck!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:19:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#115 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:08:23 PM(UTC)
I had a surprising result today, although it was pure luck. We won the trial on my first attempt, but it was b/c there were 2 very good drivers in the group, and only one problem driver, who quit during race 2. Something happened to one of the good drivers on race 2 (missed checkpoint, wrecked, shrug) and we lost race 2 by 50 points! However, race 1 and 3 they finished p1 and p2 and I finished p3, it was enough to win the event. I think it says something about the way the AI rubber bands that when I was the "best" driver in a group, I could not catch the top 2 AI, but when there were 2 players in the lead, I didn't have a problem passing all the AI.

I stand by what I said before, this event is a headache. This is the latest example of PG creating events while ignoring the problems of their game. Specifically, there is a huge range of player skill matched with on rails AI, making an event like this one a chore. Combined with the loading and queuing times in this game, the potential time sink alone is flat out disrespectful to the player base. It's telling that a few people mentioned this event going smoothly as they did it right when the season turned over.

Thanks to those who offered to help out, surprisingly I got lucky and didn't need it, but it is generous of you to offer your time..... maybe I'll need it next week!
#116 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:14:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

You arent forced to buy it are you
Yep pointless to buy it
Will be changed when end of week as usual

I've always thought, why do you keep defending them?
I am also a fan of this franchise, but I think it is sometimes important to point out the mistakes they make.
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error