This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:35:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LoneWolfAlex Go to Quoted Post
need help with RWD Rear Engine Challenge.
What car/tune should I use?
I don't seem able to finish 1st...

Stock 2016 911 GT3 RS. Because this car has a PI that is almost close to S1, drivatar is also slower.
And this car has a great grip, so you can drive it almost like an AWD car. Probably the most suitable car for beginners.

Thanks, couldn’t get ahead of 6th using tunes. This worked perfect first time. TC and SC on help too. First try with your suggestion.
#77 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:36:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LuckyKnas Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
"Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite (vs motorbikes) - counts toward Star Card
Reward: Super Wheelspin"

The last Showcase Remix involving Forest Sprite was bugged for me. I couldn't complete it even after a dozen or more tries. Looking fwd to attempting this one ASAP!

Same problem here... Not even in “new racer” as my nephew plays in - tried several times without luck

I’ll be missing around 20 % to complete as the Blue Drivatar crosses the finishline
(Funny fact: BLUE won every single time, hmmm?? )

It's a difficult event. But it's highly scripted. The critical point will be after the last jump into the lake by the cottage. If you're having a good race up until that point, then you've got to maintain a strong line for the last leg to edge out Blue. It usually comes down to tenths or hundredths of a second. Took me 2 tries last night, but the last time they put it up, it took me probably a couple dozen.

Yes, i know it’s a critical point and also 79% complet - but it doesn’t help as the drivatars are way ahead.
There is 12 - 15?sec. In advance from 1. Pos and 2. Pos
#78 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:53:36 AM(UTC)

The last Showcase Remix involving Forest Sprite was bugged for me. I couldn't complete it even after a dozen or more tries. Looking fwd to attempting this one ASAP!

Same problem here... Not even in “new racer” as my nephew plays in - tried several times without luck

I’ll be missing around 20 % to complete as the Blue Drivatar crosses the finishline

It's a difficult event. But it's highly scripted. The critical point will be after the last jump into the lake by the cottage. If you're having a good race up until that point, then you've got to maintain a strong line for the last leg to edge out Blue. It usually comes down to tenths or hundredths of a second. Took me 2 tries last night, but the last time they put it up, it took me probably a couple dozen.

I did it today and if you have around 1:32, you are OK. It didn't look like scripted normal event. You need to be fast all the way. Normal events depends on the end only.
#79 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 11:19:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I did it today and if you have around 1:32, you are OK. It didn't look like scripted normal event. You need to be fast all the way. Normal events depends on the end only.

It's scripted, in that the bikes tend to be on rails, and more or less follow a particular path. But their times may vary as they rubber band. When you hit a jump in a couple spots, and the bikes come in off screen and pull a stunt around you, and you get that cinematic zoom-out, they expect you to be in a particular position at that time so that you and the two stunting bikes are in frame. But in particularly the case with the remix, it's easy to fall behind so that the Sprite is in frame alone, and the bikes are long gone.

You're right, in that you do need to keep up pace throughout the whole race to win. But, the last leg after the last zoom-out by the cottage is where it all comes together, or all falls apart. Blue tends to be so close that he looks to be ahead of you when you hit the ramp, and you don't know if you've won until you see the the results screen. In fact, in all the times I've done this event, last night was the first time I've definitively beaten Blue, and been clearly ahead of him on the ramp. If it weren't for the studio finish, I think I would have landed in the river.
#80 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 11:34:22 AM(UTC)
I use a ford Mustang for drifting. I have the drift Viper as well, but I can't beat the Ford Mustang probably because I don't have a good tune for the Drift Viper.

Who has a good tune for the Drift Viper?
#81 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:02:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
.................maybe we could attribute it to not Drivatars getting slower but you getting faster. ;-)
The only difference from when I was coming in 7th - 10th in the first three attempts, was that non-scientifically I tuned the transmission.

This enabled me to get a better position than previously, agreed, but I don't think the tune was anything special as the other three guys (who started at the front of the human pack) were gone, passing all the drivertars in the drift zone. I got from I think last or next to last place on the grid to fourth just after the drift zone.

Also, I cannot remember a time when all six of the human players were in the top six places.................ever.

Never mind, all done and dusted now!

Gonna try it again to see what happens.

Well, tried again, same car, same tune and they left me for dust!

So it must have been a glitched-trial but I'm thankful for that as it was a real PITA to be fair!

I see but in the end, that you won matters, there are no style points. :-)

#82 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:25:13 PM(UTC)
I dont know how people drive with stock gearing. Its a serious upgrade and daily driven gearing isnt for racing purposes. I suppose it depends on your style of driving but 6 gears is all you really need, maybe 7 if the redline is tiny. The only vehicle I use where I actually need 7th to reach top speed is the X-Class, a 5500 redline isnt all that great. Obviously each car varies but my theme is basically long 1st and 2nd, short 3rd, 4th and 5th and finally a long 6th. Lots of shifting but it keeps me in the powerband, ALWAYS. Everyone knows you rarely can reach top speed in any given race, so a long 6th gear makes alot of sense. Just my 2 cents
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:48:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I dont know how people drive with stock gearing. Its a serious upgrade and daily driven gearing isnt for racing purposes. I suppose it depends on your style of driving but 6 gears is all you really need, maybe 7 if the redline is tiny. The only vehicle I use where I actually need 7th to reach top speed is the X-Class, a 5500 redline isnt all that great. Obviously each car varies but my theme is basically long 1st and 2nd, short 3rd, 4th and 5th and finally a long 6th. Lots of shifting but it keeps me in the powerband, ALWAYS. Everyone knows you rarely can reach top speed in any given race, so a long 6th gear makes alot of sense. Just my 2 cents

I hear ya. Ever since I learned enough to pretend I know what I'm doing, I hate having to drive with stock gears.

What's really annoying is cars with 8 or 10 or more gears, but those gears are so far past the rev limiter that you can't even see them on the graph, let alone see what you're adjusting them to,or get any use out of them. There's one car, I don't remember which, that had so many gears that by the time I got to the last two, there was no room left on the slider except to set them both the same. You're never going to use any of those gears in a race. Might as well set the 6th or 8th to the edge of the graph, and never mind anything higher.
#84 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 1:05:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I hear ya. Ever since I learned enough to pretend I know what I'm doing, I hate having to drive with stock gears.

What's really annoying is cars with 8 or 10 or more gears, but those gears are so far past the rev limiter that you can't even see them on the graph, let alone see what you're adjusting them to,or get any use out of them. There's one car, I don't remember which, that had so many gears that by the time I got to the last two, there was no room left on the slider except to set them both the same. You're never going to use any of those gears in a race. Might as well set the 6th or 8th to the edge of the graph, and never mind anything higher.

1 thousand percent. Lots of trial and error but it can be mastered. Engine size also plays a role in said gearing. I think 0.48 is the lowest you can go in gears and thats my 7th in the Merc X-Class. The old saying goes, if you're spinning you arent winning. So it makes no sense, at least to me, to have a short 1st gear. Truth is I use the same gears on 99% of my cars, the only thing I adjust is the final drive. Thats why I can fully tune a brand new car in 2 mins or less, I have my base numbers memorized on each setting of the tune system. Tires, gears, sway bars, springs, brake pressure.

I feel so strongly about gearing, I changed to a higher final drive and swapped out the 3rd and 4th in my daily driver. Its more practical for my habits. 4th gets me to 125. 5th and 6th are only for gas saving or top speed runs.

#85 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 4:52:17 AM(UTC)
S13?!Why is there an S13 in my trial?

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 4:54:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:23:57 AM(UTC)
Did Community Championship again with Ford Mustang GT DeBerti Design and my prediction of it being the best stock option for that championship turned out to be true. Car can win all the events on Pro, so Highly Skilled shouldn't be an issue.

I really liked all custom routes chosen to this championship. Edinburgh Grand Tour is pretty much the best technical custom route set in Edinburgh I have ever played. I noticed though that it makes really big difference to experience which car player takes to that race. I found both eligible stock Corvette and Viper lacking on that route, at least on Pro but with Mustang race became enjoyable challenge. Had to try 3 times to win that.

Drivatars could be quite competent on S2/X route too, but I noticed that at least on Pro leading Drivatars may push too hard and end up ramming to obstacles or outside of road. There were two locations, one in Edinburgh city area and other near long quite straight section going back towards race start. Does this happen on Highly Skilled too?

Overall I think this was one of better or maybe the best Community Championship. It's like both Community championships and Developer Championships (last week Dirt champ for example) are getting better.

I just must share few things about reward cars on this season. I did couple of Road Races and one run on the Marathon with 356 SL. On Road Races game considers it quite unique, I ended up racing against the same car. I mean all the drivatars were using 356 SL. Street Race was of course different, car has its charm, but I realise D class may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Then Porsche 906 is definitely car worth having! Did couple of Road Races with it, one on the Colossus and it was really fun. There are lot of cars that have certain unique features in Classic Racers division and Porsche 906 is fantastic addition with it's performance and character. Must have!
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:05:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
S13?!Why is there an S13 in my trial?
Seems like a couple of the drivers are looking and thinking W to the T to the F too!

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:09:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 1:13:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MenstrualDoom Go to Quoted Post
I sang praises to the last week's seasonal races and the trial cup. They were fast, fun and offered a good variety of street and off-road events. But this week, damn. The Catheram Trial was absolutely abysmal. Luckily a lot of people dropped out during the first race, so there was just the three of us. The team races get actually much easier if you have less people in your team, so we won it in the first try with the help of pure dumb luck.

I enjoyed the muscle car cup, but the other were just so annoying.

Also, for those having problems with the drift seasonal pr stunt. Search for drift builds for Abarth 595. The car is insanely cheap and with the build it basically drifts by itself. Perfect for those of us, who are terrible at drifting :D

Also, possible it's a problem just on my side. I usually had short loading times, but after the update, they got much longer. They usually lasted a few seconds, now they can even take minutes. I keep getting disconnected, which is not really fun, if you're in the middle of a forzathon or a playground event which I usually do just for the sake of completion. And the AI cars keep bugging out, just driving forward, off the track into the void. Where only death remains. I mean, I experienced bugs and disconnects before, but after the last update it got just much worse for me. Anyone else?

The S2 RWD rear engine car championship in the rain was abysmal for me. Not the type of cars I like to drive in S2 as way too tail happy even with careful throttle control. These cars on stock have a massive lack of downforce thus understeer . Also we had the usual drivitars defying physics going on rails going around corners at insane speeds. If it hadn’t been for the exclusive car I wouldn’t have bothered with it.
#89 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 7:19:58 PM(UTC)
Ppl already figured out how to cheat the system. My buddy lost 400 in two matches, I lost 35 which is a fortune as a GM. This is such a shame, so disappointed in this online play. 2 or 3 of the same guys will be GM then lo and behold they have a 2nd account with a rank of 0. They'll quit the room before the last race then those left will get major points. Boosting the point system, it's not even worth playing now

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 7:21:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:22:41 PM(UTC)
Why does the championship have to be S2 Street Scene? I despise driving S2 I have much more fun in the lower classes S1 is the highest I will go. I really wanted the 356 SL however I will have to miss out as I am not up to earning this, had 3 goes at it but only managed second now I do not have any time left and also can not be bothered with it as in my opinion PG sucked the fun out of those 2 championships for me. Hopefully next week will be better.

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:40:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#91 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 11:17:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MenstrualDoom Go to Quoted Post
...Also, for those having problems with the drift seasonal pr stunt. Search for drift builds for Abarth 595. The car is insanely cheap and with the build it basically drifts by itself. Perfect for those of us, who are terrible at drifting :D...

Most of us will have done the drift seasonal pr stunt by now but possibly using a short small car has some advantages. It seems as though with this drift zone you only need to get one or two wheels off the track to stop points accumulating.

Valorster really likes the Abarth and has shared a tune. The section in his video showing him using the Abarth starts at 12:35 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DLsK_TU3Ro

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 11:18:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:09:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sp4nkn88 Go to Quoted Post
Why does the championship have to be S2 Street Scene? I despise driving S2 I have much more fun in the lower classes S1 is the highest I will go. I really wanted the 356 SL however I will have to miss out as I am not up to earning this, had 3 goes at it but only managed second now I do not have any time left and also can not be bothered with it as in my opinion PG sucked the fun out of those 2 championships for me. Hopefully next week will be better.

Come on. Go with something around 910 and you almost have your S1. It's pretty easy on highly skilled.
#93 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 9:24:27 AM(UTC)

While I was able to complete all championships, I must admit that S2 ain't my thing really. For this playlist we had Trial and Community Championship at S1. I did Community champ last (with 'Vette and Viper). It felt like a relief after doing two S2 events. So for me Community championship was the most enjoyable S1 and only one I replayed from this Playlist. It was actually pretty awesome with DD Mustang.

S1 Trial wasn't that bad, I seen there are players who say first race is unwinnable but it isn't. Won it 2 times out of 3 attempts and on third time there was fast player in our team on first position and I was quite happy to take second position, all towards team win and winning that on 3rd attempt wasn't that bad but I think I got lucky with team I got on third attempt.

RR Challenge and other one on S2 so entire Playlist focused higher classes and obviously there is audience for this, but too much is too much.
#94 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 12:04:24 PM(UTC)
Did the lego valley seasonals reset for anyone else?
#95 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 1:31:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

While I was able to complete all championships, I must admit that S2 ain't my thing really. For this playlist we had Trial and Community Championship at S1. I did Community champ last (with 'Vette and Viper). It felt like a relief after doing two S2 events. So for me Community championship was the most enjoyable S1 and only one I replayed from this Playlist. It was actually pretty awesome with DD Mustang.

S1 Trial wasn't that bad, I seen there are players who say first race is unwinnable but it isn't. Won it 2 times out of 3 attempts and on third time there was fast player in our team on first position and I was quite happy to take second position, all towards team win and winning that on 3rd attempt wasn't that bad but I think I got lucky with team I got on third attempt.

RR Challenge and other one on S2 so entire Playlist focused higher classes and obviously there is audience for this, but too much is too much.

Try choosing an s2 car that is low 900..like 904 or 908 ..and you are almost doing it in s1
The drivatars try to match your car level
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 10:39:57 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]
autumn seasonal "the trial: stock superlights" is impossible.
i have wasted countless hours on this and no matter what team i end up with we can never get any better placing in any of the races than 3rd place. way to go turn 10, screwing the community that fills your coffers yet again.

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 5:28:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 11:57:42 PM(UTC)
I always turn TCS off, but i got it "on" for this trial. It helped a lot.
#98 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 2:29:34 AM(UTC)
i got it on 2nd try. Maybe that was luck. I have tcs off.
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 4:03:51 AM(UTC)
It isn't impossible.
 3 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:02:53 AM(UTC)
Not impossible, but definitely tricky. I turned stability and traction controls on, spent most of the drive in a gear or two higher than should have been, to try and keep control.
I was going to abandon it and forgo the points from that race but after a few goes lucked on to a decent team.

More importantly, for me at least, is it wasn't fun. Not even a little.
Difficult can be enjoyable, entertaining even. This however felt sadistic, punitive.
I genuinely was left thinking "would someone, anyone, actually enjoy driving that race?".
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error