This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:38:23 AM(UTC)
AUTUMN
Starts September 5, 2019 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the second season of Series 13

Next change: September 12 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 550 FP Car: 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster (returning Exclusive model)
  • 700 FP Car: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (60,000 CR value)
  • ?00 FP Clothing: High Vis Patrol Outfit
  • ?00 FP Clothing: Pink Biker Jersey
  • Wheelspins cost this series: 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Autumn Completion: 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Focus RS RX (returning Exclusive model)
  • 80% Autumn Completion: 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
  • 50% Series 13 Completion: 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 (Newly Added Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 13 Completion: Porsche 911 GT1

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
  • Earn 12 stars in total from Speed Zones in the 911 '73
  • Win 3 Road Racing Series Events in the 911 '73
  • Win 4 Dirt Racing Series Events in the 911 '73

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day
  • Earn 3 stars in total from Speed Traps
  • Earn 3 Great Air Skills
  • Earn 3 Lumberjack Skills
  • Earn 2 Kangaroo Skills
  • Earn 2 Daredevil Skills
  • Reach 125 mph in any car
  • Earn 1 Ultimate Air Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Stock Superlights" | Horizon Festival Circuit | 2013 Caterham, no upgrades (not FE)
  • Reward: Caterham R500 Forza Edition (returning Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite (vs motorbikes) - counts toward Star Card
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

Seasonal Playground Games | Bamburgh Castle | A800 Super Hot Hatch
  • Reward: 2018 Honda Civic (returning Exclusive model)

PR Stunt: Arthur's Seat Danger Sign | 721.8 feet

PR Stunt: Sylvan Hollow Speed Trap | 180.0 mph

PR Stunt: Otleydale Drift Zone | 128,000 points

Championship: "Autumn Community Championship” | S1 Modern Muscle
  • Reward: Modern Race Helmet Black

Championship: "RR Spotlight" | Derwent Valley Dash | S2 Rear engine, RWD
  • Reward: Porsche 356 SL (Newly Added Exclusive model)

Championship: "Neunelfer" | Holyrood Run Street Scene | S2 Porsche 911 models
  • Reward: 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (returning Exclusive model)

Monthly Events
  • Monthly Rivals: Holyrood Park Circuit | Porsche 906 Carrera 6
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:53:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:44:28 AM(UTC)
Camaro will probably be fixed.
700FP is a ridiculous price for an inexpensive car that can be purchased at an auto show. I can only think that they listed the wrong car or price.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:44:38 AM(UTC)
Earn 4 Dirt Racing Series Events in the 911 '73

It means Win or Compete?

[MM - corrected to Win. The description is "Also a successful rally car, relive its glory days by driving to victory in 4 Dirt Racing Series Events with your 911 Carrera '73" - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:50:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:47:18 AM(UTC)
I was 2/5 on remix, did this seasons remix, it's gold. I'm still 2/5....
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:53:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
700FP is a ridiculous price for an inexpensive car that can be purchased at an auto show. I can only think that they listed the wrong car or price.

God, hopefully. Why waste the hard-earned FP you earned on a car that can be bought with just not even 30 minutes of work? Playground CAN'T be running out of ideas this fast, they have a whole community with suggestions on cars, customization, and updates, and they don't bring any of that to the table. The game is awesome, no duh, but the update and events can be updated JUST a bit.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:01:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post

God, hopefully. Why waste the hard-earned FP you earned on a car that can be bought with just not even 30 minutes of work? Playground CAN'T be running out of ideas this fast, they have a whole community with suggestions on cars, customization, and updates, and they don't bring any of that to the table. The game is awesome, no duh, but the update and events can be updated JUST a bit.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:26:59 AM(UTC)
Its been so long since I used the 73 Carrera. I guess i'll get reacquainted with all the events I have to do in it lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:49:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

PR Stunt: Otleydale Drift Zone | 1228,000 points

• I think the best I've ever done on any drift zone was about 50,000 points... 1,228,000 points? Wow!

[Everyone must set a world record! Fixed, thanks - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:54:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
     2 users liked this post.
    #9 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:07:44 AM(UTC)
    I find it ironic that the base Caterham is the only eligible car for the Trial, with the FE Caterham being the prize. Because I'm pretty sure I got the FE Caterham from wheelspins months before I ever got the base model.

Also, not only do I already have the FE Caterham, I've sold probably close to half a dozen duplicates on the auction house.

So I guess I'll be able to skip the Trial this week, unless I really need it for seasonal or series completion. (edit: Which I might, with a drift zone up for the PR stunt) I'll have to check what I've already got.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:10:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:48:33 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
    I was 2/5 on remix, did this seasons remix, it's gold. I'm still 2/5....

I've got gold on a bunch of things that I haven't completely finished yet. I'm not really sure how that works. i think 'gold' really just means that you're in the top 3rd or quarter or something.
    #11 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:35:25 AM(UTC)
    "Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite (vs motorbikes) - counts toward Star Card
    Reward: Super Wheelspin"

The last Showcase Remix involving Forest Sprite was bugged for me. I couldn't complete it even after a dozen or more tries. Looking fwd to attempting this one ASAP!
     1 user liked this post.
    #12 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:47:07 AM(UTC)
    #13 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:59:58 AM(UTC)
    The PR stunts are o.k. but several seasoned players think we'll be bombarded with complaints this week.
     1 user liked this post.
    #14 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:28:37 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
    The PR stunts are o.k. but several seasoned players think we'll be bombarded with complaints this week.
    Do you mean about "The Trial"?

Well, the "Unbeatable" drivretards seem to be exactly that this week!

First Attempt:
    I went in with TCS off, which is not a good idea for me as I cannot drive RWD at the best of times!
    Two team-mates won that and first race was ours (well, theirs really, coz I did nowt).

Over the next two races, several players dropped out, leaving 3 of us in the last race, one team-mate in 1st and the other team-mate and me in the last two places, him being behind me.

I decided to quit at that due to the huge points deficit in the hope that the guy in 1st (who'd, let's face it done all the work) would at least get more point than the drivretards overall (does it work like that?).

I just hope the guy in last place had the common courtesy to do the same.

Second Attempt:
    TCS on this time, I stupidly attempted to take out the lead cars on the drift zone section and succeeded, but missed the flippin' checkpoint, sending me to last place.

Team won, but races two and tree dominated by the drivretards, who, despite having identical cars could reach higher speeds. Something not right there!

Result, my team-mates could get no higher than 4th or 5th with me in 10th (jees, I'm **** at this game).

"Third Attempt"
    All but two players quit the first race on lap 4!

This is gonna be hard!

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:43:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
    #15 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:43:25 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

We complain every week. It's part of the game now. We're not happy unless we have something to complain about.
    #16 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:59:43 AM(UTC)
    This Trial was my funniest yet, my team had enough worthless imbeciles ragequit before the end of the 2nd race to let me win 2-1.

I still can't remember the last time I had to re-do a Trial.
     1 user liked this post.
    #17 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:04:01 AM(UTC)
    Only reason my team won the Trial at the first attempt was the guy who held back for a lap on race three and then assassinated the AI as they lapped him! Unconventional tactic, but I have to admit I was grateful!
    #18 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:10:46 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
    Only reason my team won the Trial at the first attempt was the guy who held back for a lap on race three and then assassinated the AI as they lapped him! Unconventional tactic, but I have to admit I was grateful!

I've thought about doing that, especially after missing a checkpoint.
    #19 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:03:53 PM(UTC)

I thought your car became a ghost once you were lapped.
    Cobra Weekly Challenge

149,000,000 CR / 32,000 FP / 170 SWS / 950 WS Remaining
    #20 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:07:23 PM(UTC)

Good idea!
    #21 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:15:14 PM(UTC)
    Tips and miscellany

The Trial sure was a bit different. Had to try 3 times.
    We won the first race since all but one on our team quit. I got 650 to us and that was it. On second race I got bad start and ended up just in fourth position, remaining team mate didn't got any points. No worries, there was one race left but I got rammed by Drivatar and missed checkpoint, ended in rewind loop where I kept missing the checkpoint, finally managed to turn car around, or did I reverse to checkpoint, but race was lost.

Second attempt, I got 650 from the first race, but we lost as team. Didn't managed to get very good position on second race either since someone went all Max Verstappen on me when losing control soon after start. Lot's of players quit in last race but I kept trying just for giggles. Tried to ram Drivatars to slow them down, got thrown out from track. LOL

Third attempt was the charm. We had pretty good team with someone very competent and he took sure win while I took second position. On next race I brought 650 and it was a win, so mission complete at that point. Yet I kept trying on last race and even after some mistakes become second. It might have team loss though, since not everyone cared anymore.

Even though upgrades are not allowed, I did few things with tyre pressure and ride height. Tune shared.

Ramming appears to be difficult strategy on this Trial. I tried it myself and it didn't went as planned. I also saw several players trying to do that but somehow Drivatar cars appear to recover very fast while player cars may get thrown around quite a bit.

Those who want to practice, races in Trial are: Horizon Festival Route, Elmsdon on Sea and Bamburgh Coast Circuit.

Playground Games was win for our team at first effort.

PR Stunts: Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned, except for Drift Zone where it fell bit short. Used Formula Drift BMW to complete that. Didn't bothered with Fortune Island this time.

I completed Championship on Pro difficulty with normal clutch and braking line on.

Championship: "RR Spotlight"
    Did this with stock '19 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I found the event difficult and managed to win only one of the races but had enough points to win the championship. Even though event was RR Drivatars accelerated like they were running on AWD tune. I think all the races are winnable with stock '19 Porsche 911 GT3 RS on Highly Skilled at least, but even though I really like Street Races, S2 ain't my thing.
    Routes are: Derwent Valley Dash, Edinburgh Stockbridge (easiest, IMO) and Reservoir Run.

Championship: "Neunelfer"
    Did this with the same stock '19 Porsche 911 GT3 RS without realising I was using the prize car. LOL
    I found this series much easier, though still a challenge, I did better on this event for some reason. Got two first positions and one second position. Routes are Holyrood Run, Coastal Charge and Batham Gate.

Championship: "Autumn Community Championship”
    This is perhaps most interesting community championship to date. Routes are Morning Rush by Gene Anjuise, Edinburgh Grand Tour by Chabobox and S2/X Overall Benchmark by Eggs a cutiem3.

Did Morning Rush by stock '09 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. It was quite fun on this route, but I ended up in difficulties on Edinburgh Grand Tour. I changed car to stock '13 Dodge SRT Viper GTS but went to do S2/X Overall Benchmark race next, which despite of it's icon, is Road Race. Won it but Drivatars were pretty good on this route. Went back to do Edinburgh Grand Tour and it actually took some effort to finish even at 4th position. Definitely one of the better custom routes I have ever experienced. I just must get back to this series later.

Car recommendation overall: 13 Dodge SRT Viper GTS, though Ford Mustang GT DeBerti Design might be option too. Didn't had time to test.

EDIT: Did Community champ again with Ford Mustang GT DeBerti Design and it's IMO the best option for stock cars. Can win all the events on Pro, so Highly Skilled shouldn't be an issue.

#Weekly Forzathon with '73 Porsche Carrera RS

Get 12 stars from Speed Zones
    Place route marker on Glenn Rannoch Speed zone but start by complething Foothils Speed Zone. Keep following route towards Strathbridge Speed Zone and finally complete Glenn Rannoch Speed Zone. Do course on reverse to get 5 more stars, head back to complete Foothills Speed Zone one more time and if necessary Strathbridge Speed Zone and you should be on 12 stars.

Win 3 Road Races
    For Road Races redoing Lake District Sprint from previous Playlist was really enjoyable. Cotswolds Super Sprint, Meadows Sprint and Greendale Club Circuit are easy and enjoyable

Win 4 Dirt Races
    Feasiest to... still easy. Moorhead Rally Trail, Drivatars can't take portion going over Mud Kickers very well. Bamburgh Pinewood trail, Derwent Reservoir trail (lots of tarmac) and Greendale Foothils scramble.

Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite
    First time I completed this I noticed there was quite a bit of rubber banding happening and it was actually bit of challenge to figure out what kind of time I needed to win the remix. This time I won with time 1:33.173. Not perfect run by any means but hope that is useful as target time. And is it just me or is car we use tuned bit differently this time?

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:05:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:30:03 PM(UTC)
    need help with RWD Rear Engine Challenge.
    What car/tune should I use?
    I don't seem able to finish 1st...

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:00:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:32:07 PM(UTC)
    Edit: Wrong thread.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:56:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
    #24 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:43:02 PM(UTC)
    turn on TCS
    #25 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:45:14 PM(UTC)
    Managed "The Trial" after about 8 attempts!

Ended up tuning my transmission after the first three or four wasted attempts and this seemed to work and I was getting up into 2nd place quickly enough at times (but quick enough to take 1st though).

Anyhow, despite being in 2nd place a few times on the 1st race, I ended up quitting anyway when I saw the block of red (all the AI) between me and the next driver on my team.

Then the AI must have got tired as they were really poor on my last attempt.

I got a decent start from the back of the grid and passed the AI before the end of the 1st lap and they never got passed me again (just after the drift zone in fact).

However, three of my team-mates were long gone and by the end of the race, were a good 5-6 seconds in front and I could only manage to finish 4th.

This continued for the next two races and we won 3:0

The stats were:
    Race 1: 3350 vs 300
    Race 2: 2350 vs 1300
    Race 3: 2150 vs 1500

Happy, but confused why the AI went so bad so quickly.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:25:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
    Error