This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:32:50 PM(UTC)
Serious question, I see the same people in the same cars in LB cars, over and over and over and over and over again day after day. Someone explain to me how this is even remotely fun when you end up hotlapping because no one wants to race with a LB car spammer?

And btw I can beat them if I use a LB car, usually easily, but I don't use LB cars because it's using the same 2-3 cars over and over and over again and like I said I don't like "hot lapping"
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:46:10 PM(UTC)
You know the answer. Humans are competitive and want to win, and for most of them that's the only thing that matters. Leaderboard cars are objectively the best way to achieve that goal.
#3 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:26:29 AM(UTC)
Race whatever you want and let other people do the same.
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 2:48:48 PM(UTC)
Its the same people who use lb cars that complain about there not being enough cars in the game. 😑🙄

I get it tho they only care about winning. If they could race an R class car in a D class lobby and still have it count they would.

Wish forza had nerfs and buffs like fighting games.

Alot of them are actually really good drivers.. And would get wins by using any car they want but i guess dnf the lobby is fun for them.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 1:48:51 PM(UTC)
If there's one thing I never miss when I step away from Forza, is the constant complaining about what other people choose to drive, and it's definitely not just limited to leaderboard cars.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:24:43 PM(UTC)
Because those sorts of people not only want to win, but do it in the easiest way possible. What's worse is the ones in these cars that still have to cut the track in order to stay in front.

This is why I mainly stick to FRR hopper. One car, no tunes, it all depends how you handle the car. Had many great races in this hopper and if a far quicker driver shows up, no worries, they just show how much you need to improve.

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:31:12 AM(UTC)
I just drive cars I like. Have been doing that for years. I don't even know what are the leaderboard cars. What cars are we talking about specifically?

Sorry if this is a noob question.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:42:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:46:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bart Ziemski Go to Quoted Post
I just drive cars I like. Have been doing that for years. I don't even know what are the leaderboard cars. What cars are we talking about specifically?

Ughhh, check the LEADERBOARDS
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:48:55 PM(UTC)
The leaderboards have so few times on them that the term doesnt mean much anymore.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:32:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post

Yea, I DID. MANY cars on it so this doesn't really point to a specific car. But thank for the useful INFORMATION. What would we do without you...
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:10:17 PM(UTC)
Required reading:
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

The article is focused around fighting games, but the concepts apply equally to anything competitive. You can play "just for fun" if you want, but don't expect to be competitive at the same time.
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:32:23 AM(UTC)

Yea, I DID. MANY cars on it so this doesn't really point to a specific car. But thank for the useful INFORMATION. What would we do without you...

Depends on the leaderboard as to whether the advice is good or not. Class based leaderboards were added so late to the game and those leaderboards can't be tackled via racing resulting in incomplete data sets for numerous leaderboards.

Some will have a lot of cars and some will have only 1 or 2 near the top.

Historically there is usually one dominate car per leaderboards and some of these cars can be used nearly everywhere to set top tier lap times. The ones that can be used almost everywhere are the notorious leaderboards cars subject to hate.

In reality, more often than not in the lower classes, there are a bunch of cars that are anywhere between 3 tenths and 1 second slower than the top car. Said cars can and will destroy lobbies and at times make those who only use leaderboards cars to rage quit.

Pre-FM7, if you could consistently run top 50s or faster in lobby with your "non leaderboards car", you'll win more often than not and will struggle to place lower than 3rd.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:19:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Depends on the leaderboard as to whether the advice is good or not. Class based leaderboards were added so late to the game and those leaderboards can't be tackled via racing resulting in incomplete data sets for numerous leaderboards.

Historically there is usually one dominate car per leaderboards and some of these cars can be used nearly everywhere to set top tier lap times. The ones that can be used almost everywhere are the notorious leaderboards cars subject to hate.

In reality, more often than not in the lower classes, there are a bunch of cars that are anywhere between 3 tenths and 1 second slower than the top car. Said cars can and will destroy lobbies and at times make those who only use leaderboards cars to rage quit.

Pre-FM7, if you could consistently run top 50s or faster in lobby with your "non leaderboards car", you'll win more often than not and will struggle to place lower than 3rd.

Cheers for the explanation. Is it not the point of homoligation to level the playing field? Maybe it's poorly implemented. Too many cars could perhaps be T10' own enemy?

#14 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 4:32:39 PM(UTC)
Cheers for the explanation. Is it not the point of homoligation to level the playing field? Maybe it's poorly implemented. Too many cars could perhaps be T10' own enemy?

The Homologation system does a pretty good job of balancing most cars in a division (certainly better than the Class system ever did), but it's never going to be perfect. It's not just the number of cars; there are a ton of other variables that factor in, and the game uses a single (relatively simple) method to calculate a car's PI. There will always be cars that perform better than the game thinks they should, and people are going to find them and use them to maximize their chances of winning.

A more robust means of calculating PI would go a long way towards better balance, but I still wouldn't expect it to be perfect.
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:02:22 AM(UTC)
In all honesty, those who spam cars like the Elise GT! and 33 Stradale are usually not the greatest of drivers, prone to making mistakes. Use a strong car, but not OP, that you are comfortable with, in your class of choice, and you should fine your fortunes will change. If you wish, I will custom tune any car to any class you wish upon request. Find me on the official forza discord or JSR Devon's.
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2019 8:59:20 AM(UTC)

How is it not useful, choose a class, check a few tracks and see what the top cars are, then download the tune or tunes and you're done.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:06:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

In theory yes, in actuality not always. In practice it's the same as class based racing, but just different cars at the top of the leaderboard. Some of the homologation series are fairly balanced and some aren't. Some of the coolest cars are useless due to high PI start value. Homologation is very restrictive and the rules don't always make sense for a given type of car.

The only way to make it work is to equate performance which won't sit well with fans. There is an expectatation that certain cars have certain aspects that they are known for in real life.

In reality, the best solution is for T10 to stop penalizing top speed for a cars default PI reading. In many cases, cars with high default top speed are super heavy and are slow to accelerate. Most tracks in the game require acceleration more than top speed.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:10:56 PM(UTC)
This is probably the best explanation. To speed is way too heavily weighted. And pretty much irrelevant, because tracks that favor top speed end up with super specialized cars that make cats worth good top speed irrelevant.

Notification

Icon
Error