This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:49:51 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread moved - MM]
Now my wish is merely to get some feedback and any further ideas.

My wish is as they will be coding for the new Xbox 2/4/infinity whatever Project Scarlett as it's currently known. Which means they have extra hosrepower so to speak, wish which to work. I want them to use some of that grunt to bring back old tracks that currently they can't. I had to keep my old 360 so i can still play Fujimi Kaido, Amalfi Coast, and Camino Viejo. Those tracks were awesome, they allowed for much more than Turn 10 ever envisaged. When asked why they weren't returning we were eventually told that they don't work with the new engine and lighting. Fair enough, although why'd you would switch to a new engine with less ability is puzzling.

But now they have this extra power incoming and we all know it's going to be a launch title for the next Xbox this would be a good time to make sure they are at least looking at what people want witha year to go.

Those tracks i mentioned are my wish, also New York with it's chicanes would be awesome! But what do others think? Do you agree/disagree, have other ideas? Music integration from spotify or your hard drive? Different race types? A genre of vehicles you feel they haven't touched upon? Any ideas you have, it's too late to say 2 weeks before the game comes out.

Every time A new Forza comes out i see endless threads complaining about this or that not being featured, well speak up now or forever hold your peace!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:35:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:54:19 AM(UTC)
I will second your request for the return of the classic tracks, all 3 of those tracks are absolutely amazing tracks. It would also be nice to have a more robust damage system, although I think the one we have now might be a licensing agreement with some of the manufacturers. The current damage system seems like it is all or nothing when damaging something, when you wreck it either does no damage to the car or everything on the car is 100% damaged. My biggest wish would be a revamped career mode, with more structure and more specific car requirements for each event, I have posted the below before but I felt it was worth a copy paste into this thread. The current single player game play just kind of feels like a checklist of events you need to complete, without any real progression being made. It might be a somewhat unpopular opinion, but if the game had 200-300 cars all with a production and "race car" variant (similar to the race modification on the old Gran Turismos) I think it could be a much better game than the current game with 700+ cars, a majority of which never actually fell like race cars even when fully modified.

I would love to see Forza have more focus on motorsport, with a meaningful career mode, start out in normal production cars doing amateur weekend racing, then move up through the ranks getting into more high profile motorsports. Heck even throw a shifter kart two in the game, start the career off in those, graduate to formula ford/Mazda and production car racing from there. Then if you continue to play the open wheel cars move up the ranks to historic open wheel cars doing historic races then eventually graduate to Indy/F1 cars. If you play the production cars you can either choose to do drag, oval, circuit or drift races. Then move up through the ranks in those motorsports, gradually increasing the allowable PI of the production cars and keeping cars grouped into similar classes (retro muscle, jdm classics, etc.) and then eventually move up the ranks to the professional motorsports. Going for the circuit race route for example you would move to touring cars, then maybe V8 super cars, then GT3, then GT2 and then finally the Lemans Prototypes, you could throw in a couple novelty championships like Spec Miata, spec Neon, sprint/dwarf car or historic trans am racing (cuda, camaro, mustang). It would also be nice if they would expand the Autocross events we have now, maybe do a couple parking lot style autocross course, and an autocross variant of every track in the game.

For this to work they would need to add more race car classes, like retro stock car, top fuel dragsters and funny cars. With the current PI upgrade system they could accomplish a lot of this if for example they just gave you a list of required upgrades and limitations to create a Spec Miata event or a prostreet drag event limiting what cars can be entered into each event. Ideally they would change how the weight reduction works to make the interior of the cars more race car like when fully weight reduced. They would probably need a larger track list as well.

Give the game the feeling that the career mode takes you from amateur weekend track guy to professional race car driver.

They could keep a free play mode, multiplayer and a test drive/tuning mode open to everyone and allow free tuning and upgrading of any car (outside of the career), so even if you don't play career mode you could still play any of the classes and be competitive without owning any cars in the single player game.

All of that being said, if Forza 8 ends up being Forza 7 with better graphics, a slightly tweaked physics model and more/different tracks and cars (which seems to be the way every new Forza game has been) it is still a very enjoyable game and well worth the money. I have 350 hours in FM7, that is pretty good for the $120 or so I have spent on the game and DLC.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:31:09 PM(UTC)
All good points. Game needs to be stepped up... pun intended. T10 cannot claim to provide a SIM and fail. Competition is too stiff. The new tittle will I think be make it or brake it assuming it will come at all, Which I hope it does. I don't see many of us tolerating another installment with so much left off and relatively poor support where it counts.. Given the popularity of FH with kids it's plausible FM8 won't even happen as expectations could be higher than T10 appetite for a niche game. I hope I'm wrong since I'm a long time supporter.

Edited by user Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:33:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:34:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bart Ziemski Go to Quoted Post
All good points. Game needs to be stepped up... pun intended. T10 cannot claim to provide a SIM and fail. Competition is too stiff. The new tittle will I think be make it or brake it assuming it will come at all, Which I hope it does. I don't see many of us tolerating another installment with so much left off and relatively poor support where it counts.. Given the popularity of FH with kids it's plausible FM8 won't even happen as expectations could be higher than T10 appetite for a niche game. I hope I'm wrong since I'm a long time supporter.

It's NOT a SIM
Simcade at best
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:09:55 PM(UTC)
Man, you've seen my past posts and I'm sure you know the first thing I'm gonna say. Drag racing. Yep. Well not just that but a much deeper, more engaging upgrade, career path.

I'm gonna be getting that Street Outlaws List game, with as much as I complain about no drag games it'd be a little hypocritical if I didn't, lol. But hopefully it's a good enough game to put some pressure on Turn 10. I actually just started playing that Doorslammers2 and even that has better drag than Forza. It's actually a pretty cool.game, lol.

Anyway, I think the next Forza could use an actual career path. As in you start as a weekend warrior racing at hometown tracks and work your way up to the pro ranks. Maybe even include the IROC race at the end of the season, the big race not the Camaro, lol! But something more personal to the player.

Along with that, especially if it's going to be the next gen system, why not make it a choice of racing disciplines to progress through. If you want to be an oval racer, you work towards NASCAR. You want to drift, you go through the drifting circuit, you want to drag race as I do, you start at a local track and work your way up. I would be absolutely happy with baby steps with drag racing. I dont need top fuel yet. Just good, proper upgrades that are drag racing specific with tuning specific to drag as well. Same with drift, road racing, offroad, etc.

At this point in the series, and systems, there's no reason for these games not to be deeper, more engaging. And I DO NOT mean this dress up or cheat card stuff, lol. Make the game about the cars again. Make it about the racing! I'd like to be able to play my favorite racing game to drag race, not my phone!

Edited by user Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:15:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:25:19 PM(UTC)
Sounds a lot like...

Forza Motorsport 3

Loooong, progressive, varied... included Endurance, Drag, Point to Point... did it have Autocross? ...largely ignored in 7.

Also, I recall, there were several production race cars - hollowed out, roll caged, and fitted with all the adjustable bits - I miss those. The vast majority of cars in the Motorsport title should be like that.

#7 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 1:57:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bart Ziemski Go to Quoted Post
All good points. ..... I hope I'm wrong since I'm a long time supporter.

It's NOT a SIM
Simcade at best

You're right, it's not. It however claims to be "the most comprehensive automotive game ever made", "most...authentic racing game ever made" and "the ultimate racing esport". Based on these statement what would you expect? I'd expect all bases covered authenticity. I'd expect a sim. "The ultimate". Which it just isn't. Try to find arcade or simcade (which is hardly even a word) anywhere on the FM7 web site. Doesn't exist. I'm tired of people excusing it with the simcade catchphrase.

The game also claims to offer dynamic weather. It plainly does not.

I'm still hopeful for the 8th installment. I'll stay faithful and buy the game when it comes out. Hopefully it does and 7 is not the end of the road.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 2:50:05 PM(UTC)
To be honest I'm not that hopeful about 8 at the moment. Mostly because of Chris's previous work with scanning cars for the game. I don't think a single one has been done properly with regards to painting coordinates
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 3:21:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DesigningLeek47 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds a lot like...

Forza Motorsport 3

Loooong, progressive, varied... included Endurance, Drag, Point to Point... did it have Autocross? ...largely ignored in 7.

Also, I recall, there were several production race cars - hollowed out, roll caged, and fitted with all the adjustable bits - I miss those. The vast majority of cars in the Motorsport title should be like that.

FM4's amount and variety of events + Endurance races with FM3's career structure, easy.

Unfortunately that's too simple for a triple-A company nowadays though.

#10 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:01:22 PM(UTC)
My list ...

- More actual tracks and far less variants of tracks they already have.

- Updated PI system -- weight and power of vehicle have a bigger impact in PI level ... or set limits for certain classes.

- Tire and brake wear for all class hoppers. If you're hard on your brakes or abuse your tires they will be effected accordingly.

- Get rid of the racing line, just have braking zones. Something like the image below but have the Red,Yellow, and Green colours across the track width.

https://images.app.goo.gl/87trfwD8a9wDw2jb7

Essentially I want a bit more of a serious Forza game .... have more of the "motosports" in Forza Motorsports.

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 5:03:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:20:53 AM(UTC)
These are all good posts. I'm hoping someone is taking note!
I'm thinking much along the same lines however, and this may be unpopular, i think they're missing a trick.
Imagine Forza comes out, the same as it always has. 500 cars, 20 tracks and off you go. But then they monetise it differently. Instead of car packs, or as well as car packs, they have Race Packs.
So say you're a drag racing fan, would you pay 30-40 for a drag pack? We're talking cars, tracks, career all that jazz.
Or are you a touring car fan? BTCC cars, Tracks, Career, etc all in one package for 30. Would you pay it?
Same for drifters, same for formula 1 or E. And on and on.
Basically they could monetise this so that whatever genre you like you can buy that pack. Or buy them all for a discount!
I know this would fragment the dev team somewhat but with the money they'd make they could surely add a few devs? They could ask what packs people wanted and just do the top 3 most popular or whatever.
I realise monetisation is a dirty word, and it is even in my house, but when it's done properly and not just to sell a new shiny pink skin for a tank at $12 then it is acceptable.
I think adding career packs to this game would be a very good way to monetise it and do it in a way people actually want!
I mean there are so many racing disciplines and once they have the physics and rules tied into the game subsequent games in the series won't require as much work!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:21:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:51:09 AM(UTC)
Forza just needs to go back to its roots, from the FM3 and FM4 days. Most people have already touched on things I want to see, a better car list with less ridiculous vehicles, better track list with the community favourites making a return, a deep, long and meaningful career with an huge event list for post game, etc.

Also, on a side note, has it actually been confirmed that FM8 will be a launch title on Scarlett?

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:27:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
These are all good posts. I'm hoping someone is taking note!
I'm thinking much along the same lines however, and this may be unpopular, i think they're missing a trick.
Imagine Forza comes out, the same as it always has. 500 cars, 20 tracks and off you go. But then they monetise it differently. Instead of car packs, or as well as car packs, they have Race Packs.
So say you're a drag racing fan, would you pay 30-40 for a drag pack? We're talking cars, tracks, career all that jazz.
Or are you a touring car fan? BTCC cars, Tracks, Career, etc all in one package for 30. Would you pay it?
Same for drifters, same for formula 1 or E. And on and on.
Basically they could monetise this so that whatever genre you like you can buy that pack. Or buy them all for a discount!
I know this would fragment the dev team somewhat but with the money they'd make they could surely add a few devs? They could ask what packs people wanted and just do the top 3 most popular or whatever.
I realise monetisation is a dirty word, and it is even in my house, but when it's done properly and not just to sell a new shiny pink skin for a tank at $12 then it is acceptable.
I think adding career packs to this game would be a very good way to monetise it and do it in a way people actually want!
I mean there are so many racing disciplines and once they have the physics and rules tied into the game subsequent games in the series won't require as much work!

T10 should take notes here. I'd be in all the way. Excellent idea. Choose your motorsport and get full experience. Brilliant

Edited by user Friday, September 13, 2019 9:28:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 2:34:01 AM(UTC)
Yeah, i mean they went part the way with the Nascar DLC for Forza 6, this is just a logical extension of that.
We can dream. I mean this IS where dreams are driven!
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 8:41:45 AM(UTC)
I remember posting something along those lines back around that NASCAR pack. What I got in response by alot of people was that Turn 10 would never spend that kind of money to make separate "almost games" for each kind of driving. Or Nobody would buy the drag racing pack arguement.

I for one would. I think it's a long over looked idea. I am really hopeful, not holding my breath, but hopeful the Street Outlaws The List is even a decent game. That would disprove that arguement and maybe push Turn 10 to be a little more forward thinking. This Fortnite, dressup, dance celebrating, (which I hate that show off **** !) mentality is killing the franchise, in my opinion anyway.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:51:07 PM(UTC)
I hear ya! I for one really enjoy Mudrunner which is a niche title. But a very well done niche title.
And Wreckfest. I mean Forza the base game then you could have different devs working on some post launch content which would be more than a couple of car packs! That is DLC i would buy. As it is i've bought 6 and 7 DLC when it's been on offer as you don't get the feeling it's done for the passion anymore. More the $. I'm not at the point with Playground yet, but it will come at some point if they start getting complacent with their DLC.
#17 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 7:29:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
I hear ya! I for one really enjoy Mudrunner which is a niche title. But a very well done niche title.
And Wreckfest.

Mudrunner is a great game, can't wait for Snowrunner next year. Also recently picked up Wreckfest, a C164 Rammer RS with fully upgraded armor is a blast against the AI. Just full on Forza Multiplayer turn 1 of every race and watch the AI go flying, then after that you can brake check them on a long straight and and the entire front end of their car explodes with a small scratch on the rear push bar of your car. I would never drive that way in Forza but it is fun to do. Also going to pick up the new GRID next month, I only played the original but it was a fun game.

Edited by user Monday, September 16, 2019 7:31:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error