This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 2:39:27 PM(UTC)
I finally managed to get the game working on PC after having sound issues. As a Tier 10 (nearly 11) player who has visited Forza Hub on pretty much every week since the game's launch (netting 300K credits per claim) I knew I was going to get a lot of money when I started. Sure enough, I had almost 15 million by the time I claimed all the rewards and 20 Super wheelspins, all at level 3. Now I've experienced this in every recent Forza game and it's not an issue, but the really problem is that after visiting the auction house to buy some nice cars, I immediately advanced the season to Winter when I hadn't even DRIVEN in Autumn!

They seriously need to stop giving loyal players so many rewards. It sucks to not have to care about money. Even as someone that plays with no assists and +95% CR bonus it gives loyal fans very little reason to care about credits. Rather than handing out 15 mil on launch why don't you give some special car instead of money? I would much rather have one DLC car of my choice for example than to have all the credits.

Surely I can't be the only one who's consistently let down by the game's complete lack of progression, which is made worse by lootbox mechanics? What are your thoughts?
 6 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 3:34:45 PM(UTC)
Just buy a couple of expensive cars and then remove them. Problem solved
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
#3 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 4:07:25 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure there's a whole lot of concern that people who've played Forza games before skipped most of the tutorial section...

Honestly, the same thing can happen if you simply bought Gold edition, and collected all the cars.
 9 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 5:28:40 PM(UTC)
is this a joke?

Originally Posted by: sinadoom Go to Quoted Post
I knew I was going to get a lot of money when I started.

delete your save and start over if it's a such a big deal.

in the future, if you don't want the forza rewards, don't redeem them. simple.

Edited by user Monday, September 2, 2019 5:32:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 6:07:13 PM(UTC)
You didn't have 15 million at launch. It's WAY past launch time.

As mentioned, no one forced you to claim the rewards...

Vice president, moderated club.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:44:29 AM(UTC)
Give much money, some will complain no challenge, give less some other will complain about farming CR behaviors or being frustrated by some OP cars cost. ....

The benefit of CR is avoiding jumping to S2 at the very start of the game and have lobbies full of day 1 beginners with max power cars. This phase complete, I see no interest on focusing on CR anymore
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:25:18 PM(UTC)
They seriously need to stop giving loyal players so many rewards. It sucks to not have to care about money ...

Surely I can't be the only one who's consistently let down by the game's complete lack of progression, which is made worse by lootbox mechanics? What are your thoughts?

I've been playing nearly every day since launch and have finally purchased all the ten million credits cars. I love driving the old classic racers, and I'm incredibly happy to not care about money any more :)

That said, getting "rewarded" with wheelspins gets old real fast. I've let my garage hit the max 750 so I wouldn't keep getting interrupted by wheelspins. The "reward" here is dances and clothes I don't want, or tedious pruning of duplicate cars later. I really don't like lootbox-style progression (in this case, wheelspins) because success is completely separated from skill and perseverance.
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:51:15 PM(UTC)

They seriously need to stop giving loyal players so many rewards. It sucks to not have to care about money.

I wish I had these kinds of problems in real life! Oh, no! Please don't give me fifteen million dollars! Anything but that!

Yeah, if you really wanted to be hurtin' for credits, you should have bought the game at launch. You might have gotten maybe a week before you broke 7 digits and were able to keep it there consistently. After unlocking the Fortune Island treasures, it just snowballed from there. Between wheelspins and prize cars, I almost never need to buy anything from the autoshow, so I keep it in the bank, and it just keeps growing. I'm well over 100 million now.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:04:43 PM(UTC)

They seriously need to stop giving loyal players so many rewards. It sucks to not have to care about money. Even as someone that plays with no assists and +95% CR bonus it gives loyal fans very little reason to care about credits. Rather than handing out 15 mil on launch why don't you give some special car instead of money? I would much rather have one DLC car of my choice for example than to have all the credits.

Wanna trade accounts? My account is flagged by PG to win very little credits, a bunch of old Datsuns, and more clothes than my Drivatar will ever need. Come to think of it, I didn't even get the free McLaren Senna for playing the FH4 demo. 😥 PM me if you want to be poor again! 😂 #NonVIPProbs
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:53:20 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone but I don't think I got my point across. The problem isn't having too much money when you start the game necessarily. It's that even if I started with 0 CR it's so easy to earn CR that it makes the game feel less rewarding. Buying cars feels like a chore - it shouldn't. I'm just wishing that the economy of the game was less artificial: if I see someone in a supercar I want to know that they earned it through lots of racing and skill and dedication or even plain grind, but not from lootboxes or Forza Hub.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:11:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
You didn't have 15 million at launch. It's WAY past launch time.

As mentioned, no one forced you to claim the rewards...

I just passed 900 million CR, no new cars in the autoshow, so that CR is collecting dust. I do get what he means, some of the cars are a little too easy to acquire. Thats why some people are allowed to hoard 10 or 15 of the same model and sell them for inflated prices.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:12:14 PM(UTC)
I don't think rewards from Forza Hubs are the problem but front loaded game design, which leads players looking for challenges and rewards from whatever, collecting cars for example.

Balancing economy to higher tier players wouldn't make game more interesting to new players, quite the opposite. Even excluding Forza Rewards, players whom have VIP bonus to their earning and play on higher difficulty levels and gain more credits per race and know how to play auction house game, those who import their liveries, paints and tunes from previous games, that makes big difference how we perceive game economy compared to average Joe playing on Average.

Joe playing on Average is not getting enough credits from single to race to even upgrade to race tyres. Instead of credits and cars he keeps getting clothes, emotes and horns from Wheelspins, so the that reward mechanic doesn't do any much good for a good while to compensate. Few keeps on grinding, many thinking this is terrible and find some other game.

I don't have imports from previous games and income I get from auction house is quite small since I use it as junk storage I don't even want to empty, but I'm swimming in credits. I did Goliath, Marathon, Colossus and various other races today trying out a car I haven't before. I get 250,000 / week from Forza Rewards and it's small peas compared what I made today in game especially including income from wheelspins. I think I actually got one of those 250,000 spins today.

Note that Weekly Playlist Championship difficulty was dropped from Expert to Highly skilled. I don't believe that didn't happened because there were people complaining about difficulty, but because developers has access to data and percentage of players who successfully completed those championships fell low. I don't know if percentage of players who actually complete weekly playlist (including Trial) is that high, which leaves lot's of players looking for special cars from auction house.

Forza Rewards is to hook players in the game and especially game series and I sort of hope that hook works because if we want to have decent multiplayer experiences, we need player base, also players whom don't have VIP, whom don't play on higher difficulty levels at least yet, to keep MP alive.

Playground Games could have made things work differently. They could have included specific festival themes unlocking after all the races were completed, or perhaps certain championship unlocking once player buys certain houses, these championships being kind of festival shows with specific theme, requiring specific car and suddenly players would have incentive to buy those super expensive Classic Racers starting from D class, going up in different championships and as added bonus, that 1964 Ford GT40 Mk I in A class Barn Find that would feel much more important.

Game feels like its throwing cars and credits to us, but I don't think there actually are that many of us compared to millions PG wants to their customers, and which is needed to make production this expensive economically (as in real money) viable.

How the game is now, it's very front loaded, leaving players without clear goals outside of weekly challenges on Playlist. That's because of design leaves a bit to be desired. Forza Rewards, game economy related things, blaming them is just excuse.
 4 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:58:37 PM(UTC)
Thanks everyone but I don't think I got my point across. The problem isn't having too much money when you start the game necessarily. It's that even if I started with 0 CR it's so easy to earn CR that it makes the game feel less rewarding. Buying cars feels like a chore - it shouldn't. I'm just wishing that the economy of the game was less artificial: if I see someone in a supercar I want to know that they earned it through lots of racing and skill and dedication or even plain grind, but not from lootboxes or Forza Hub.

I think that one of the hallmarks of a successful game title is accessibility to a wide audience. In that regard I think that PG is meeting that objective; especially after reading the varied comments on the many threads of this forum of what I can only interpret as the game meaning something different for each player. For some it's about collecting, whereas for others it's about racing or just buying and selling in the Auction House. There's a fine balance between attracting the attention of new players and retaining their interest over time.

I sense that what you're saying is that the Horizon landscape should better reflect the economies of the real world because, in its current state, it devalues commitment and effort by "easy" accessibility to game assets. That's certainly a valid position and I think PG's response to that was the "Prestige" ranking system as opposed to the cars themselves. In an open-ended game such as Horizon, there's the danger of alienating those that primarily play the game to collect cars by making it too time-consuming for them to want to play it. PG also addressed this aspect of the game by making collecting easier for those willing to invest in the Ultimate Edition or the VIP Pass. There are more popular game genres out there (more so than racing) that allow publishers the very flexibility to let players display some feigned "value" among their peers through microtransactions. Fortnite is one of them.

Not everyone that plays Horizon necessarily aspires to be a top driver because of the other elements to the game. So I think that the irony of cars being too easy to acquire through the game's economy is the counterargument of how difficult they are to acquire through skill events like 'The Trial'. A car itself doesn't (and shouldn't) tell me much about a player's abilities in the game, as it wouldn't in real life. And neither does the "Prestige" rank really. For me, I'm far more impressed with what someone can do on the track than either of those. For someone else it might just be about a player's collection. That is the very nature of Horizon 4 -- love it or hate it.
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 7:06:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post

I think that one of the hallmarks of a successful game title is accessibility to a wide audience. In that regard I think that PG is meeting that objective; especially after reading the varied comments on the many threads of this forum of what I can only interpret as the game meaning something different for each player. For some it's about collecting, whereas for others it's about racing or just buying and selling in the Auction House. There's a fine balance between attracting the attention of new players and retaining their interest over time.

I sense that what you're saying is that the Horizon landscape should better reflect the economies of the real world because, in its current state, it devalues commitment and effort by "easy" accessibility to game assets. That's certainly a valid position and I think PG's response to that was the "Prestige" ranking system as opposed to the cars themselves. In an open-ended game such as Horizon, there's the danger of alienating those that primarily play the game to collect cars by making it too time-consuming for them to want to play it. PG also addressed this aspect of the game by making collecting easier for those willing to invest in the Ultimate Edition or the VIP Pass. There are more popular game genres out there (more so than racing) that allow publishers the very flexibility to let players display some feigned "value" among their peers through microtransactions. Fortnite is one of them.

Not everyone that plays Horizon necessarily aspires to be a top driver because of the other elements to the game. So I think that the irony of cars being too easy to acquire through the game's economy is the counterargument of how difficult they are to acquire through skill events like 'The Trial'. A car itself doesn't (and shouldn't) tell me much about a player's abilities in the game, as it wouldn't in real life. And neither does the "Prestige" rank really. For me, I'm far more impressed with what someone can do on the track than either of those. For someone else it might just be about a player's collection. That is the very nature of Horizon 4 -- love it or hate it.

I'm not saying cars should be a grind to collect, but there should be something in the game which makes the driving and racing rewarding. The game should give skilled players some rewards, or at least accelerate the rate at which rewards are earned. Ideally I'd like there to be rewards - even if it's just a cosmetic livery for cars - for completing certain events under a threshold time. I get the game is designed almost entirely for casuals ("wide audience") but it feels as though they don't want Motorsport players coming into Horizon. I made a thread on launch complaining that it's got to the point where there is no default preset for manual transmission anymore because shift down is unassigned. Nobody cared and the forum mod locked the thread despite the lack of replies. I understand there are plenty of more skill-based "serious" racing games (for example DiRT Rally) but there's literally no disadvantage to rewarding skilled play. Forza is already extremely accessible.

I haven't come across this "The Trial" that you speak of but I would definitely like to see more skill-based Rivals events with exclusive rewards - especially with conditions like no assists, manual transmission only, locked interior view etc. This makes it rewarding for players who care about leaderboards etc. whilst the plethora of cars available form lootboxes and the dealership keeps car collectors happy.

Edited by user Sunday, September 8, 2019 7:13:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 10:20:06 AM(UTC)

I'm not saying cars should be a grind to collect, but there should be something in the game which makes the driving and racing rewarding. The game should give skilled players some rewards, or at least accelerate the rate at which rewards are earned. Ideally I'd like there to be rewards - even if it's just a cosmetic livery for cars - for completing certain events under a threshold time. I get the game is designed almost entirely for casuals ("wide audience") but it feels as though they don't want Motorsport players coming into Horizon. I made a thread on launch complaining that it's got to the point where there is no default preset for manual transmission anymore because shift down is unassigned. Nobody cared and the forum mod locked the thread despite the lack of replies. I understand there are plenty of more skill-based "serious" racing games (for example DiRT Rally) but there's literally no disadvantage to rewarding skilled play. Forza is already extremely accessible.

I haven't come across this "The Trial" that you speak of but I would definitely like to see more skill-based Rivals events with exclusive rewards - especially with conditions like no assists, manual transmission only, locked interior view etc. This makes it rewarding for players who care about leaderboards etc. whilst the plethora of cars available form lootboxes and the dealership keeps car collectors happy.

I can sort of understand you, but then all this looks quite distant for me in Horizon. Series is about fantasy of car festival, not hard core racing and if you wanna get to know your limits there are many kind of ranked and different caps to earn. I don't have Grand master cap and I doubt I ever have, I just don't play Ranked much but that is a possibility. What comes to Motorsports audience, it sure looks like we got them already after FM7 got race regulations. Lot's of rammers in ranked, so thanks a lot.

Considering Horizon dwarfs Motorsport series sales, I don't get it from commercial point to change successful recipe and I don't actually get it as player either. There are things in game I find quite rewarding, last week I was doing Forzathon live event and on S-Bends Drift Zone heard noise, like fireworks or something. I looked the score table and noticed I had 3 Starred it again and broke my own PB. And it felt great as I was using Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned. Hardly an ideal car... LOL But it felt quite great. contributing something while improving in game and I sure as heck wouldn't trade that for chasing any sort of virtual trinkets.

Today I beat my previous record on the Marathon with stock Porsche 959 (was using stock Porsche 959 earlier) and got that oldie in top 10%. For me that's reward itself. I don't know, for me game like Horizon is about cars, racing, doing stunts and not about trinkets.

It sounds bit weird that you don't know about the Trial but here is another story. There was this Aston Martin Trial recently and lot's of people quite right after the first race. So there were only two of us human players in next events. Except there were two people Driving the other Aston Martin in our team. They had mic on and there were two kids, I mean literally they sounded like 12 year old or so, speaking language that sounded Eastern European or something. But they did fairly well in second race but then hit the wall somewhere. We still won the event as I took the first position. Then on final and decisive race, it was a bit technical for my tune but I went to win that too and on final lap noticed that these kids were drafting me! I don't know if they were playing it safe for team win or just couldn't pull past me, but we won the Trial championship and that was sort of awesome. And this relates to what seanbill was writing about. In the end Prestige levels and all sort of virtual trinkets don't mean anything, these two kids, they didn't had single star next to their level, yet they were pretty dang good and persistent where it counted.

So where I began, I sort of see what do you mean, but I just don't actually see how that would make Horizon better experience.
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:15:02 PM(UTC)
Maybe I'm not far enough into the game to have access to "The Trial", or I'm not looking in the right menu?
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:33:02 PM(UTC)
Maybe I'm not far enough into the game to have access to "The Trial", or I'm not looking in the right menu?

The Trial is a weekly seasonal event
Accessible from the playlist or frim the red lion symbol on the map

So you want less credits but in another thread you stated you wanted more/better loyalty rewards??? Confusing

Also not sure what you meant when you said there was no shift down button assigned at release
I got the game prerelease and changed straight to manual and shift down button was always assigned for me
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:08:31 PM(UTC)
You come on a website to claim rewards for a game and then complain when you get them...? What am I missing here?
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 5:50:06 PM(UTC)

What you describe sounds like the monthly rivals events in Motorsport. After rereading your first post and what you recently wrote, it occurred to me that you might be new to Horizon though not to Forza. Coincidentally, I recently started FH4 after playing FM7 and didn't quite get the point of this game after playing the intro. Anyway, 'The Trial' is an online event that's part of the "Festival Playlist" and changes each week along with the season. I actually didn't know about it until months after playing the game, but the "Festival Playlist" can be found in a couple of ways:
  • If you're in "Free Roam" (i.e. in your car), click the "Menu" button on the Xbox One Controller and you'll see the "Festival Playlist" option on the left of the screen under the "Home" tab.
  • If you're in your FH4 house or inside the "Horizon Festival Site", make sure you're in the "Autoshow" tab and then select the "Welcome Back Page" option found at the lower-left. At the "Welcome Back" page, select "Festival Playlist".

. . .really problem is that after visiting the auction house to buy some nice cars, I immediately advanced the season to Winter when I hadn't even DRIVEN in Autumn!
. . . Surely I can't be the only one who's consistently let down by the game's complete lack of progression, which is made worse by lootbox mechanics?

The seasons automatically change each Thursday and don't directly relate to your progression in the game, with the exception being that you will initially need to complete a certain number of events for each season as well as reach Level 20 before you're allowed to participate online, IIRC. Also, I'm not sure if you'll have immediate access to 'The Trial' unless you meet that criteria. That said, there are other offline events in the seasonal playlist that allow you an opportunity to win prizes that include wheelspins, clothes and cars. To win the top prize for each offline playlist activity, you will need to compete against AI drivers that are set to "Highly Skilled" or greater.

The seasonal playlist events and prizes change each week with the change of season, so it might be what you're looking for in terms of structured activities. Some players do make it a game of completing the "Festival Playlist" at 100%, which requires 100% completion of each season's respective playlist. The "Festival Playlist" resets after four seasons and (currently) coincides with new content updates.

. . . it feels as though they don't want Motorsport players coming into Horizon. I made a thread on launch complaining that it's got to the point where there is no default preset for manual transmission anymore because shift down is unassigned.

I also found it odd that the mapping for manual upshift/downshift were different between Horizon and Motorsport. I actually prefer the Horizon layout better so I switched my button assignments in Motorsport to match it. Likewise, you can update the mapping of controls in Horizon under the Advanced settings for your controller layout.

Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
. . .There are things in game I find quite rewarding, last week I was doing Forzathon live event and on S-Bends Drift Zone heard noise, like fireworks or something. I looked the score table and noticed I had 3 Starred it again and broke my own PB. And it felt great as I was using Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned. Hardly an ideal car... LOL But it felt quite great.

Ironically, I finally got 3-stars on S-Bends a few days ago after failing so many times before. I don't understand how others find drifting so easy, but for me it was satisfying enough just to get through that one! 😅
 4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 6:50:06 PM(UTC)
I worked hard to get to the top tier, why shouldn't I be rewarded? Here we are almost a year later and I still need to buy 2 ten million dollar cars. Don't go to the Forza hub than. It's your choice.

Edited by user Sunday, September 8, 2019 6:56:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 9:56:39 AM(UTC)

. . .There are things in game I find quite rewarding, last week I was doing Forzathon live event and on S-Bends Drift Zone heard noise, like fireworks or something. I looked the score table and noticed I had 3 Starred it again and broke my own PB. And it felt great as I was using Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned. Hardly an ideal car... LOL But it felt quite great.

Ironically, I finally got 3-stars on S-Bends a few days ago after failing so many times before. I don't understand how others find drifting so easy, but for me it was satisfying enough just to get through that one! 😅

S-Bends is the most infamous Drift Zone in game, for being so difficult while looking so simple. I recall grinding it with various Formula Drift cars and after finally getting it right with Formula Drift BMW I felt more relief than sense of accomplishment despite it being last remaining PR Stunt for me to 3star.

Now setting new PB with Bugatti Veyron SS... it's so wrong in so many levels that it's just hilarious! LOL
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 10:46:45 AM(UTC)

S-Bends is the most infamous Drift Zone in game, for being so difficult while looking so simple. I recall grinding it with various Formula Drift cars and after finally getting it right with Formula Drift BMW I felt more relief than sense of accomplishment despite it being last remaining PR Stunt for me to 3star.

Now setting new PB with Bugatti Veyron SS... it's so wrong in so many levels that it's just hilarious! LOL

I also do my drift zones in my Agera RS. X-Class of course, just cant beat the power put down. I do agree with it being comical, hypercars being sleeper drift cars

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 1:39:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 2:49:34 PM(UTC)

That's good to know. I thought it was just me because I saw videos where people were sideways the whole time and racking up an easy 120,000 points. So 90,000 points seemed like an innocent enough of a goal, especially with the course being close to the Horizon Festival. One of the best runs I did prior was a measly 120 points off and at the time I was just staring at the screen thinking, "The game rounds up, right? It's close enough. It'll spot me the 120 points. That's a thing, right? Gotta be. It'll give me 3-stars? Maybe? Has to, 'cause it's a thing. I think. Yeah, I got this. . . ." 😭😭😭

What comes to Motorsports audience, it sure looks like we got them already after FM7 got race regulations. Lot's of rammers in ranked, so thanks a lot.

I forgot to mention that I got a good laugh at that comment! How-ev-er. . . my theory is that the bumper car drivers were actually Horizon 3 players who went to Motorsport 7 and finally came back home to Horizon 4. Afterall, home is where the "Nice driving" is. 😜

Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I also do my drift zones in my Agera RS. X-Class of course, just cant beat the power put down. I do agree with it being comical, hypercars being sleeper drift cars

Hmm, another recommendation for X-Class. Okay, now I'm intrigued. I'll have to give it a try and see if it's a game changer for me! 😉

Notification

Icon
Error